Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TexasStar
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Shoot, heck, darn, dang it,ah man, wheeeewwww, and some naughty words cuz I just dont think I can get my self to do this, shucks!
Texas
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
TexasStar wrote:
Shoot, heck, darn, dang it,ah man, wheeeewwww, and some naughty words cuz I just dont think I can get my self to do this, shucks!
Texas

What are you afraid of? It's not that bad. Just get the smallest size and go from there.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
TexasStar wrote:
Texas

TS - if you're posting, you're already halfway there! Laughing i was totally scared, but after reading this board it was no longer my logical (fearful) mind's choice...SO GLAD I TOOK THE LEAP
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
ace243 wrote:
i only have a 2mm is that safe to use on your face or does it go too deep? i cant afford to buy a new one now.

and has anyone used the roller on their knees for red and kinda rough skin? i use lotion but its not enough.i guess it doesnt hurt to try anyway.

very important
is that 2.0mm OR .2mm - big difference. bethany can answer you better, but i recall reading that you can not get past 1.5mm into the skin so the "big guns" are actually useless...but also, i have read a bit of conflicting info on that - having used the 1.5 i have NO INTEREST in using anything that could possibly penetrate deeper (and possibly create more damage) - - i would check into the links bethany has posted for info. about Dermarolling they're very informative.
also, becareful using a dermaroller on irrate skin - it really sounds like you should do more reading - there are some absolute NO NO's - don't roll when broken out, don't roll on moles, don't roll w/ excema - don't know what's going on w/ your knees maybe they're just winter dry...good luck
i'm sure someone will give you better answers than this, so hang tight..
m

I noticed that several people have made the comment to not roll with eczema and I have that on my body. Face especially and haven't had any issues with rolling. When I do roll, I have no flairups but none-the-less I definitely roll on my face and on places that have eczema with no issues at all!

wow miss tina, you're lucky, (another roller posted that she developed excema from rolling)i think you may have dodged a bullet...or maybe you're so used to your excema it's no big deal- or are you saying you roll when there is no flareup whatsoever? - this protocol developed by the inventors seems very sound (i cannot even imagine rolling w/ skin irritation of any kind) and although i'm NO authority, i would caution people who have excema/acne to use there best hygenic judgement and to heed this protocol - infact, i'm bummed 'cause there's this one area i need to roll, but i've got this minor minor rashy/something -- i lean to the conservative side with the DR - i figure i've got all the time in the world--the devil i know sort of thing...
m
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
ace243 wrote:
i only have a 2mm is that safe to use on your face or does it go too deep? i cant afford to buy a new one now.

and has anyone used the roller on their knees for red and kinda rough skin? i use lotion but its not enough.i guess it doesnt hurt to try anyway.

very important
is that 2.0mm OR .2mm - big difference. bethany can answer you better, but i recall reading that you can not get past 1.5mm into the skin so the "big guns" are actually useless...but also, i have read a bit of conflicting info on that - having used the 1.5 i have NO INTEREST in using anything that could possibly penetrate deeper (and possibly create more damage) - - i would check into the links bethany has posted for info. about Dermarolling they're very informative.
also, becareful using a dermaroller on irrate skin - it really sounds like you should do more reading - there are some absolute NO NO's - don't roll when broken out, don't roll on moles, don't roll w/ excema - don't know what's going on w/ your knees maybe they're just winter dry...good luck
i'm sure someone will give you better answers than this, so hang tight..
m

I noticed that several people have made the comment to not roll with eczema and I have that on my body. Face especially and haven't had any issues with rolling. When I do roll, I have no flairups but none-the-less I definitely roll on my face and on places that have eczema with no issues at all!

wow miss tina, you're lucky, (another roller posted that she developed excema from rolling)i think you may have dodged a bullet...or maybe you're so used to your excema it's no big deal- or are you saying you roll when there is no flareup whatsoever? - this protocol developed by the inventors seems very sound (i cannot even imagine rolling w/ skin irritation of any kind) and although i'm NO authority, i would caution people who have excema/acne to use there best hygenic judgement and to heed this protocol - infact, i'm bummed 'cause there's this one area i need to roll, but i've got this minor minor rashy/something -- i lean to the conservative side with the DR - i figure i've got all the time in the world--the devil i know sort of thing...
m

Eczema is a genetic skin condition and can not be "caught" nor developed from something you put on/or do to your skin. But yes, I do not roll when I have flair ups. I am just asking for it if I do that.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
Eczema is a genetic skin condition and can not be "caught" nor developed from something you put on/or do to your skin. But yes, I do not roll when I have flair ups. I am just asking for it if I do that.

Actually, it is not always genetic. I recently read an article where they are finding that people are developing it due to over abundant levels of yeast/fungus in their system, which is often brought on by antibiotics, diets too high in carbs, etc. It is then sucessfully treated with anti-fungals.

But there is a genetic component for some people, in that the family geneology may show a higher than usual levels of allergies or asthma.

Quote:
What Causes It?
The exact cause of eczema is unknown, but it's thought to be linked to an overactive response by the body's immune system to an irritant. It is this response that causes the symptoms of the disease.

In addition, eczema is commonly found in families with a history of other allergies or asthma.

Some people may suffer "flare-ups" of the itchy rash in response to certain substances or conditions. For some, coming into contact with rough or coarse materials may cause the skin to become itchy. For others, feeling too hot or too cold, exposure to certain household products like soap or detergent, or coming into contact with animal dander may cause an outbreak. Upper respiratory infections or colds may also be triggers. Stress may cause the condition to worsen.

Although there is no cure, most people can effectively manage their disease with medical treatment and by avoiding irritants. The condition is not contagious and can't be spread from person to person.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/eczema/atopic-dermatitis-eczema

Miss Tina may be fine rolling over eczema-prone areas with no resulting flare-ups, but YMMV for everyone else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
no its not eczema ,my knees are just red and slightly rough,it comes and goes,i guess kinda like sometimes my stretchmarks are white & sometimes pink.

it doesn't look that bad when i don't exercise for a while. ( you know when ur on ur knees and put your leg out to work out ur butt lol) i think its from pressure.

as for my face i have acne scars on my cheeks,(which are more like slightly darker spots that sometimes fade in a year) a worry line on my forehead and a number 11 slightly starting to form from always being angry at my bf and the worry line too. some men can be so mean when they know ur worried about smthing they point it out. (sorry dnt mean to complain,just had a really bad valentines day)
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to keep asking so many questions,Ive had a lot going on and haven't had much time to go back & read.

does anyone know if the roller helps tighten and shrink pores on your face? and if so what creams are best used for your face for that & my worry lines?
Janabanana
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
no its not eczema ,my knees are just red and slightly rough,it comes and goes,i guess kinda like sometimes my stretchmarks are white & sometimes pink.

it doesn't look that bad when i don't exercise for a while. ( you know when ur on ur knees and put your leg out to work out ur butt lol) i think its from pressure.

as for my face i have acne scars on my cheeks,(which are more like slightly darker spots that sometimes fade in a year) a worry line on my forehead and a number 11 slightly starting to form from always being angry at my bf and the worry line too. some men can be so mean when they know ur worried about smthing they point it out. (sorry dnt mean to complain,just had a really bad valentines day)

That's a great question, I'd also like to know which Vit. C ointments are best for use after rolling.

Thanks all you experts out there.
Janabanana
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, I messed up here. I was trying to quote what Ace wrote, but got the wrong thread I guess. (Sorry for being green to all this)

This is the one I meant to quote:
ace243 wrote:
does anyone know if the roller helps tighten and shrink pores on your face? and if so what creams are best used for your face for that & my worry lines?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't really see any impact on my pores.

I have posted product recommendations repeatedly in the last 20 pages, and will not be repeating those again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I am taking the leap. I am ordering a 0.5 regular and 1.5 3-line from backstrecords.
Janabanana
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I finally got my derma rolling kit today and used it about an hour ago. Unfortunately, I ordered needles that were way to short. I ordered the .2mm and it really had no effect. I could barely feel the roller going over my face. I'm going to order 1.0mm now and keep using .2mm till the other gets here.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ace 243...naw, rolling won't help pores a bit. In terms of lotions and potions, personally I would get started on some form of Retin A then make a homemade C serum for daywear. Never put C serum on after rolling...maybe wait a day or two or longer, because it might act as an anti-inflamatory agent, (which you don't want.) I wait a couple/few days to start using my C Serum again.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Janabanana wrote:
Well, I finally got my derma rolling kit today and used it about an hour ago. Unfortunately, I ordered needles that were way to short. I ordered the .2mm and it really had no effect. I could barely feel the roller going over my face. I'm going to order 1.0mm now and keep using .2mm till the other gets here.

bummer, how anticlimactic! let us know about your next roll!
m
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Janabanana wrote:

Janabanana, you can use the .2 a few times a week to help with product penetration, and then use the longer needle for a more intense roll.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I need help here. I have not been able to roll lately. I did my last big roll about 7/8 months ago.
I can not put that roller on my face now it hurts too much.
Before I was able to use the 1.5 with out anything.
I tried to use numbing cream (presription). It did nothing.
I will try ice. What is wrong with me. I can not even put that .25 on my face now. It just hurts. Why. I was able to do a series of treatments before. I am wonder if the stuff that Bethany uses would help numb the area more.
Some out there got any ideas?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
sherry, have you changed your skin care at all in the last 7/8 months since your last rolls? Or, gotten anything done to your skin? That may be a reason why you are sensitive to the needles now?
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
This has probably already been addressed on this huge-o thread and if so, just somebody direct me to the right page, anyway...
Most on this forum suggest waiting approx 30-60 min after rolling to apply your CP serum, however, an article on the SkinBio website by Dr. McCaffrey suggests rolling with CPs and many on the Skin Bio forum apply immediately after rolling. Any opinions or suggestions? I am planning my first rolling session Sunday afternoon and need some advice...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
averygsmom wrote:
This has probably already been addressed on this huge-o thread and if so, just somebody direct me to the right page, anyway...
Most on this forum suggest waiting approx 30-60 min after rolling to apply your CP serum, however, an article on the SkinBio website by Dr. McCaffrey suggests rolling with CPs and many on the Skin Bio forum apply immediately after rolling. Any opinions or suggestions? I am planning my first rolling session Sunday afternoon and need some advice...

This being your first session - i would wait the 30 min. or you could try a small area rather than the whole face just to see how your face reacts. I tried this w/ R/A and i was amazed at how much peeling and rawish skin i got for a week-next time i'll wait. I use let's make collagen immediately post roll then i waited an hour and put on CP's (super2x) - i only used the r/a in a small area...
m
Janabanana
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick question for all you roller-pros. Can you roll on a flaky face, or should I wait. Also, can I mix Emu oil and Vit C serum together for a nightly treatment after rolling?
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let people know that I have just purchased a dermaroller from e-bay for £17, which I thought was quite reasonable. The needles are 1.5mm. I used ebay uk for anyone interested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany-
if i cut a lemon or orange up and use some of the juice as Vit C is that just as good as using the Vit C cream? im trying to find the most natural & cheap way to go.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:06 am      Reply with quote
the dr gave me salicylic acid/petrolatum mix for my foot,but im reading a bit up on it and it looks like it can be used as a face peel as well? does anyone know anything about it? im going to call my derm dr tomorrow as well but i thought id ask here too

i have a ton left over & id hate to see my $ go to waste
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hey experts,

I just got my rollers. How hard should I press and what do you use for numbing cream?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |