Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
ace243 wrote:
calorblind wrote:
yeah, i rolled it lightly at first, but i couldnt feel that much, and i pressed harder.

oh well

i guess ill have to get a stronger one.

i thought my dr.roller was faulty.

where can i can a cheap 2.0,2.5 dr roller? Kaia doesn't have it

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

its right at the top.Jack's not as cheap at Kaia but she said she wont sell above a 1.5. and it may be a touch cheaper on amazon or eBay but a lot of girls on here say they came with broken or bent needles. and i also saw on amazon they sell new & used. besides being gross isn't that illegal?

I bought mine on Amazon (a 1.5) and after shipping it was over $100! I didn't see any "used" ones.... Shock ...That would freak me out a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dr+roller

read right next to then they say 2 new & 2 used and stuff like that.mabe its a fluke but i wouldnt take my chances.

how much did you pay for shipping for the tazorac from ADC? i live in the usa and i cant find anything on there that says shipping untill you checkout.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
how much did you pay for shipping for the tazorac from ADC? i live in the usa and i cant find anything on there that says shipping untill you checkout.

ADC shipping is a flat rate of $25. That's why most of us look for other things there that we can use (like the Lumigan, for instance), and stock up to make it worthwhile.
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Calorblind,

when you are rolling you have to really press hard. you will hear sort of a "popping" sound. thats when you know you are passing the epidermis into the dermis where you need to be for the regeneration of your skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
Calorblind

just got an email back from Jack about the price of a 2.5 for us EDS members.

Dr.Roller 2.5mm EDS price - $89.95 and Free Shipping

Thanks,

Jack
hi, dear, where did you get this? Could you give me the contact method? Can they ship to the UK? Can I roll after fraxel treatment? I still have acne scar, Can roller improve the apprearance?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
the info is on the first page of the thread.. its too expensive.. SIGhhZZZ
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
i have done 2 rolls with a 1.5, just did the 2nd one last night

i didnt need any numbing cream i thought i would try without out and it was fine i must have a high pain threshhold!

by the weekend i had 3 people tell me my complexion looks better and again today even though i only rolled last night

i dont know if im not rolling hard enough but when ive finished my face is really red and sunburned looking and only couple of dots of blood but after a couple of hours it looks normal

after last night its slightly pink on my cheeks but thats all

but even after the roll i did last week i noticed at the weekend my skin looked smoother and my skintone a bit more even
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
the info is on the first page of the thread.. its too expensive.. SIGhhZZZ

i posted above how much jack sells to us eds members. $89.95 & free shipping and that's for a 2.5mm the shorter you go the cheaper they are. the prices on the first page are the prices before he deducts our discount.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
ximing

i forgot to add that all his contact info is already on the first page you were looking at,just email Jack and tell him your a EDS member & what size roller your looking for & he will tell you how much.

and someone posted a link to us rollers or something like that a few pages back.you can check that out too.
moi
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I have speed-read all the pages in this thread, and don't think anybody mentioned specific details about improvements to skin on neck, besides someone saying it did not help with the horizontal lines or with sagging.

What I'm specifically concerned about at the moment is improving the sun damage on the sides of my neck. It's called 'poikiloderma', and skin looks mottled, reddened, and bumpy sort of like chicken skin if you look at it up-close.

Those of you who have rolled your neck-- what kinds of improvements have you seen, and what size roller did you use?

Thanks!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Calorblind, when you are rolling you have to really press hard. you will hear sort of a "popping" sound. thats when you know you are passing the epidermis into the dermis where you need to be for the regeneration of your skin

Thanks, but what do you mean by the popping sound? Does the sound come from the dermaroller itself?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Calorblind, when you are rolling you have to really press hard. you will hear sort of a "popping" sound. thats when you know you are passing the epidermis into the dermis where you need to be for the regeneration of your skin

Thanks, but what do you mean by the popping sound? Does the sound come from the dermaroller itself?

I haven't noticed this much except on my face. I rolled my face once with very firm pressure and could sort of hear/sense the popping sensation, but I don't notice it much on my body. It comes from the skin...it has something to do with it pushing into deeper layers in the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ace243 and calorblind, got it. I think I need study from the first page of this post.
hyeonjlee
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Now that I had some experience, I would like to share to "pay back" to the forum that helped me a lot.

*** I bought 0.5mm, 1.5mm, 3 line 1.0mm rollers.
Did 3 times with 0.5mm in three weeks, 1 shallow 1.5mm (combined with 1.0mm 3 liner for small areas) a week later, and deep 1.5mm (again with 1.0mm for small areas) another week later.

*** Initially, I meant to use 0.5mm for product penetration, but I quickly realized that it was too heavy duty for that purpose. Without numbing cream, it hurt too much for good rolling without numbing lotion. Even with 0.5mm, there were some tiny blood dots. Neck seems to be more sensitive than the face. Since it hurt, I only did rather non-sensitive areas (cheeks tolerate much better)

second time, I used bactine for local numbing, did not help much. Skipped neck.

third time, I used EMLA numbing lotion. now, I could do 0.5mm without discomfort. For a 0.5, had a good rolling sessions.

*** Now, I tried 1.5mm/1.0mm combo. I used EMLA, but I am afraid I left it too long (1.5 hr), and by the time I started to roll, I felt that the effectiveness was already fading. It was painful in sensitive areas. I couldn't really use 1.0mm three line version on small areas since it's the small areas that are sensitive, around the eyes, etc. Blood spots all over.

*** Last night, I did a good 1.5/1.0 combo rolling. This time, I started to roll 50 minutes after putting EMLA, and it really worked. Though there are still sensitive areas, no problem with rolling. Did a thorough job including small/sensitive areas with 1.0mm. Good amount of blood spots all over. Not gushing, but many tiny dots combined that made the whole face rather bloody. It'a afternoon now, and I am still red. I think this session was rather intense.

*** The first three times with 0.5mm, I just washed my face with warm water for a couple of minutes. Last 2 times with 1.5/1.0, I stood under the shower about 15 minutes. BIG DIFFERENCE. When I did not stood under shower, after the 0.5 mm rolling, my face got a little crusty, and there were tiny, tiny microscopic scabs where I had blood spots (which made the face and neck a little crusty taken in aggregate). With much deeper and intense 1.5/1.0 combo, NO crusting/microscopic scabs or crusting. I read somewhere on this thread that standing under the shower for 10-20 ensures that all the channels are clear of residual blood or other things, and the channels closing without any residue blocking and forming crust. It must be true.

**************** results so far *************

Very shallow, faint acne scar traces are already gone. One rather noticeable rolling scar is 50 % gone. My main problem - some brown age spots: no difference. This is my main issue, I hoped to see improvement there also, but then again, I considered dermarolling to be effective against lines and elasticity, and did not expect much for pigmentation issue, so no big disappointment there.

So far, so good. I will do a couple of a few more weekly sessions. I fully expect all of my old faint acne scar traces will be completely gone by then
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
i wish i felt pain when rolling! I used the 1.5 but felt nothing much! Boohoohoo. Next time im gonna press it really hard
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
until i get my new roller here's what I'm doing,and i think I'm getting good results,not on my stretch marks but on my skin all over.

I mix 100% natural Shea butter with first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.

i dry brush my whole body(also my face) then get in the shower make it hot for 2min then really cold for 20sec,i do that 3 times(you can actually feel your skin kinda tingle) then i get out, dry off really well then rub my Shea butter olive oil mix all over even on my face. i do notice my skin is brighter smoother & Very soft. cant say anything about my stretch marks yet but Ive only been doing it for a little over a week.

maybe its because there's naturally vitamin A & E in Shea butter.
soxyroxy

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
First off, I've been reading this topic for a couple weeks and I'm only on page 97 but I plan to get it all read soon.

It sounded a bit scary at first. I got my roller over a month ago but haven't rolled due to some inflamed acne. It has settled down a little and I have a few days where I don't have anything important to do so I rolled my three big indented scars, 2 on my forehead and one on my cheek, plus one raised scar on my chin.

I got a good amount of blood, I'm rolling with a 2mm I got cheap from amazon. I just wanted to say I hardly felt it. The first stick I did feel a little then it went numb. I was able to use significant pressure. For me, this was nothing compared to epilating my armpits.

I understand that this has been a very painful experience for most of you, but I just want to put that out there for anyone who is super scared.

I am not a smoker, but I have had a lot of acne over 15 years. Also I've done some salicylic skin peels. This probably has had an effect on my pain tolerance.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
where did everyone go lol?

I'm waiting for my new roller,i cant wait to start rolling again. my little torture device lol
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
soxyroxy wrote:
First off, I've been reading this topic for a couple weeks and I'm only on page 97 but I plan to get it all read soon.

It sounded a bit scary at first. I got my roller over a month ago but haven't rolled due to some inflamed acne. It has settled down a little and I have a few days where I don't have anything important to do so I rolled my three big indented scars, 2 on my forehead and one on my cheek, plus one raised scar on my chin.

I got a good amount of blood, I'm rolling with a 2mm I got cheap from amazon. I just wanted to say I hardly felt it. The first stick I did feel a little then it went numb. I was able to use significant pressure. For me, this was nothing compared to epilating my armpits.

I understand that this has been a very painful experience for most of you, but I just want to put that out there for anyone who is super scared.

I am not a smoker, but I have had a lot of acne over 15 years. Also I've done some salicylic skin peels. This probably has had an effect on my pain tolerance.

what was in the salicylic acid peels? my dr gave me salicylic acid mixed with petrolatum for my foot & i have plenty left over.

i was going to use it on my face but i was scared lol,didn't know if it was safe. how do you do it,just put it on 15 min then wash it off?
soxyroxy

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used a 30 ml bottle of 20% salicylic acid from skinlaboratory. The first time, I left it on for only one or two minutes, and eventually worked up to a point where I could leave it on for an hour. I know this sounds crazy but it seemed like it would quit working on my skin after a while, then the burning sensation would reactivate when I got in the shower to rinse it off. I did many peels over a period of two months. It cleared up my skin really nicely at first, but then I think it spurred access oil production and caused my skin to get worse. I was originally looking into skin peels to address the scars I have, so I'm glad I found the dermaroller. It appears to be a much better tool than skin peels for several reasons.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried rolling for the first time last night. Can I be sure I'm going deep enough if the skin bleeds?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
I just tried rolling for the first time last night. Can I be sure I'm going deep enough if the skin bleeds?

IMO, everyone's skin is different and it's difficult to actually answer this question. It sounds as if some people bleed profusely, some barely bleed, some never bleed. I push as hard as I possibly can and I maybe get one or two spots of blood, but it's far from a river of blood. Generally though, I'd say if you're bleeding you're going deep enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:

i push pretty hard & i only get blood spots.like p girl said everyone's different.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone know if Excedrin may effect my results? i have a lot of headaches & some times take 4 Excedrin a day. i know aspirin thins your blood and caffeine is bad for a lot of reasons but does it prevent or slow skin repair?
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
i wish i felt pain when rolling! I used the 1.5 but felt nothing much! Boohoohoo. Next time im gonna press it really hard

Are you a masochist?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that it is good to take a shower for 15 mins after rolling to clean and start the healing process. Is that when products should be applied to the skin-- after the shower?

Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |