Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
yes, the book was somewhat expensive..but I looked at all the money I would saving by avoiding ineffective topicals or gadgets or procedures - or worse, having to buy more topicals or gadgets or pay for procedures to fix problems I created myself from using the wrong ones...does that make any sense?

Last year, I purchased a $115 jar of face cream that came recommended highly on the forum, only to later learn it had no effective ingredients in it.

I cannot afford that! Smile

Happy Mothers Day to the moms out there.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
yes, the book was somewhat expensive..but I looked at all the money I would saving by avoiding ineffective topicals or gadgets or procedures - or worse, having to buy more topicals or gadgets or pay for procedures to fix problems I created myself from using the wrong ones...does that make any sense?

Last year, I purchased a $115 jar of face cream that came recommended highly on the forum, only to later learn it had no effective ingredients in it.

I cannot afford that! Smile

Happy Mothers Day to the moms out there.

BF

I definitely hear you, BE! I am tired of wasting money on useless products, as well! And, you are definitely making sense! Have you learned anything interesting from the book?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am still making my way through the book, but I can come back and summarize the highlights if you want, or maybe on a different thread.

Thanks, BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I am still making my way through the book, but I can come back and summarize the highlights if you want, or maybe on a different thread.

Thanks, BF

That would be great, BF! Looking forward to hearing highlights when you are done with the book!
misspointy
5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ive spent the last few weeks reading through this enourmous thread and still feel undecided as to whether i can do this to myself or whether I should go see a pro to do it. Confused

One question I have and thats how do you all clean your rollers after? Do you use denture tablets? I have seen a cleaner available from consulting room but dont want to buy something that compromises the needles.

thank you
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
girltwocb wrote: "Well, I use muscle testing. It's not easy to learn, but if you know any chiropractor, accupunturist etc sometimes they do it. It's technically called Kinesiology."

I have to disagree. Anyone can do it. It's VERY EASY to learn!! If you can raise an arm, and have someone try to push it down, you can do it!

Yeah, I guess some people pick it up quickly. I tend to overthink things (ask my poor hubby lol) so for me it took some un-learning.

Did some dermarolling on another client today. Her skin looked amazing. We were both very pleased with the softening of her scars and the overall quality of her skin compared to when we started. I muscle tested her body with the question: How long before the next roll so we give the skin enough time where we won't be "mowing over" a new sheet of collagen? Her body wanted 3 weeks and 3 days. It will be her 4th roll. I have pix of before and after but I don't think I can post since I'm so new to this board (although I've been "lurking" for quite a while.)
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
misspointy wrote:
Ive spent the last few weeks reading through this enourmous thread and still feel undecided as to whether i can do this to myself or whether I should go see a pro to do it. Confused

One question I have and thats how do you all clean your rollers after? Do you use denture tablets? I have seen a cleaner available from consulting room but dont want to buy something that compromises the needles.

thank you

I use hydrogen peroxide then running hot water, let dry then use a post extraction solution that is antibacterial/microbial. Always let it air dry completely before storing it. I understand people use denture tablets and they eat off any biological debris that may be left on there postroll. The roller usually says on the packaging how to disinfect.

As for going to a pro, as I am one I would recommend going if you are freaked out about doing it yourself. Problem is that not many pros offer this service. Where are you located?
misspointy
5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
misspointy wrote:

thank you

I use hydrogen peroxide then running hot water, let dry then use a post extraction solution that is antibacterial/microbial. Always let it air dry completely before storing it. I understand people use denture tablets and they eat off any biological debris that may be left on there postroll. The roller usually says on the packaging how to disinfect.

As for going to a pro, as I am one I would recommend going if you are freaked out about doing it yourself. Problem is that not many pros offer this service. Where are you located?

Im in the UK and I found a pro just a few miles from me, he charges £300 and uses a 1.5mm and if I remember correctly you leave with serums and another roller for product penetration.
MrCoffee

Thu May 14, 2009 12:30 am      Reply with quote
A quick question, the answer to which I know is buried in the thread several times. I have a shallow smile line that I treating with a 1mm Dr.Roller dermaroller. The first roll went well - didn't hurt too bad, a little bleeding. I am also treating the area with Retin-A and my face with skinceuticals Vitamin C, etc.

So my question is for a 1mm roller on the face, how often should I be rolling? My conservative estimate would be every four weeks - but what is the optimal time to allow for healing? Note I am not really concerned with product penetration - more about stimulating the area to heal itself.

Thanks in advance for your help - as a former lurker here I've learned a ton from these invaluable forums!
jamesdgm

Thu May 14, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
<Will keep using the roller daily but I was wondering if anyone has tried it with the MAP-15 regenerator - worried it may be a bit too astringent for post roller use. I have been scouring the forum for any comments on this subject but could find none - does anyone know of any authoritative articles on good post roller products?>

If you scroll back a page or two, you will see that I have been asking the same question.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to the most appropriate forms of Vitamins A & C to be used with dermarolling, or at least as far as I can tell from all that I have read.

I was looking for a Vitamin C derivative as an alternative to ascorbic acid - which I believe may be too irritating - or - create too much inflammation to be used with rolling.

I promise to report back if I find anything further and would ask the same.

Thanks, BF

Just thought I'd drop a line to update on dermaroller trial-and-error process. I tried MAP-15 the other day and found that whilst it didn't sting very much, nor produce any redness, it had minimal extra benefit over and above the multivitamin power concentrate (which has Vits A/C&E anyways so it's not that surprising). Speaking of which, I've found that mixing the latter with other products (such as Yonka Creme 15 as I had been doing) significantly reduces its effectiveness; or perhaps rather I should say that it has been even MORE effective since I stopped using the Yonka Creme. I assume that mixing the products somehow denatures the vitamins (I'm not biochemist...)? I've been using the dermaroller most evenings when I get a chance but not religiously for the past (almost) two weeks. Following are some general comments:

Pros -
I have found that consistent roller use and the dermalogica multivitamin has reduced breakouts significantly (I've had two law assignments due and I normally only get breakouts when I'm stressed) improved the tone, consistency, elasticity and texture of my skin and has generally got me looking similar to that two days after a dermabrasion look - which is great. Of note also: I had a faint scar from a graze on my forehead which appears to have faded further since use of the dermaroller

Cons -
No real difference in fine lines, though I'm only 25 so it's really more me whinging about tiny frown lines only I can see in the mirror.

In sum, highly recommend using it with dermalogica multivitamin
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
misspointy wrote:
girltwocb wrote:
misspointy wrote:

thank you

Im in the UK and I found a pro just a few miles from me, he charges £300 and uses a 1.5mm and if I remember correctly you leave with serums and another roller for product penetration.

That sounds like an amazing deal compared to the $3500 I've seen some derms/plastic surgeons charging, although they put you out for that as it's considered surgery. ouch!

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
MrCoffee wrote:
A quick question, the answer to which I know is buried in the thread several times. I have a shallow smile line that I treating with a 1mm Dr.Roller dermaroller. The first roll went well - didn't hurt too bad, a little bleeding. I am also treating the area with Retin-A and my face with skinceuticals Vitamin C, etc.

So my question is for a 1mm roller on the face, how often should I be rolling? My conservative estimate would be every four weeks - but what is the optimal time to allow for healing? Note I am not really concerned with product penetration - more about stimulating the area to heal itself.

Thanks in advance for your help - as a former lurker here I've learned a ton from these invaluable forums!

I think once every 4 wks with the 1mm is ok but eventually I might step it up to the 1.5mm and do it once every 3 months.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
therisa
5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
My original aim was to reduce my stretch marks, update is now after about 2 months, the marks have faded to almost invisible.

I am now rolling lightly 5 days a week at night using 0.5mm. Not using any particular cream, I didn't use any special cream when I was rolling everyday with 1.5mm.

I did use Emu cream for a while to aid healing.

Will stop rolling in about 2 weeks.

All has worked well.

Pleased I followed the suppliers instructions.

PQ.

All of this is so overwhelming! I purchased my dermarollers well over a year ago and have yet tried them. Photoqueen can you tell me if your stretch marks were dark or white? I am starting to see some pale stretch marks on my upper arms and not sure if it would be worth it. I obviously need to tone up and maybe that would help a bit. I have read through this thread and I understand there are many products to use but I would like to get some sense on what works best for stretch marks. Thanks for any input you can provide.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 12:24 am      Reply with quote
i see a lot of ebayers selling derma rollers for real cheap! is there a particular brand you guys are buying or a particular seller to get it from?

I'm really interested in this. The needles look scary though. I don't really have acne scars, but I'll just try this, I want to make my dull skin glow. So I guess I'll just put a Vitamin C mask after.

Where would you recommend I get it from? Seems like the prices have really dropped from the 90 - 120 you guys were paying
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
i see a lot of ebayers selling derma rollers for real cheap! is there a particular brand you guys are buying or a particular seller to get it from?

I'm really interested in this. The needles look scary though. I don't really have acne scars, but I'll just try this, I want to make my dull skin glow. So I guess I'll just put a Vitamin C mask after.

Where would you recommend I get it from? Seems like the prices have really dropped from the 90 - 120 you guys were paying

I've bought from Robert O'Connell several times and been really happy with his customer service, prices and delivery times. I've bought both the economy rollers and his Dr. Rollers as he carries quite a few. Always get them in just a few days. He's in New Jersey and his ebay name is gift2shop at yahoo dot com.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
Face4ward
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
It's interesting to see the depth that Ulthera is going in its trials in order to achieve results. It was depressing at first glance, to see that they are going more than double our 1.5mm to 2.0mm. Then it occurred to me that they need to go to greater depths to get around the fat loss that Thermage created, since both Ulthera and Thermage are creating thermal damage. Of course, dermarolling is relying on a physical wound/healing response with no collateral damage.

See the studies at ulthera.com
Face4ward
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I would also be very concerned that Ulthera would be superheating (damaging) the very delicate lymphatic system at those depths -- something we are able to avoid with dermarolling.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I read that the skin is only 1.5 deep, but one place said 2.0. I personally don't want to macerate my muscles.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Could you please explain what the fatty tissue has to do with it?

Thanks
foryourcloset
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Can I get glycolic peel facials once a month and still do the dermaroller 1.5 every 6 weeks? I am doing the glycolic peel facial for acne/red acne marks. I won't be using the dermaroller on my acne, but forehead and mouth area, but still areas where they did the glycolic facial.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
One of the best results I've have with derma rolling is in the tear trough area, especially the inner corner of my eye. I concentrated on one side more that the other because I was running out of emla cream and I definitely can see a big change in this area. I'ts much thicker and pinker than before, almost as If I'd had filler put in here.

The very inner corner is so easy to needle because there is little to none sensitivity here.It's such a small area but it makes the eyes look younger and fresh when it isn't recessive.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
One of the best results I've have with derma rolling is in the tear trough area, especially the inner corner of my eye. I concentrated on one side more that the other because I was running out of emla cream and I definitely can see a big change in this area. I'ts much thicker and pinker than before, almost as If I'd had filler put in here.

The very inner corner is so easy to needle because there is little to none sensitivity here.It's such a small area but it makes the eyes look younger and fresh when it isn't recessive.

L-

What size roller are you using there and from where are you getting your emla cream?

TIA

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
I read that the skin is only 1.5 deep, but one place said 2.0. I personally don't want to macerate my muscles.

Those kinds of statements are misleading because the skin's not just one uniform depth. It's thicker in some places, thinner in others. (Some of those websites should be sued for false advertising Rolling Eyes) ..But Sans, you're absolutely correct that some of the longer lengths are overkill.

Dr fernandes (one of the founders of the dermaroller) started off using longer needles, but based on the results of his research ended up using 1mm needles in his treatments, and he was very clearly reaching the dermis. With that in mind, 1mm or 1.5mm seems to be all anyone would need. We have had at least one person on this thread who was getting great results with a 2mm (she was doing intense rolls, 8 weeks apart), but I personally suspect she'd have done just as well with a 1.5mm. I wonder if there's anyone out there using a 2mm who'd be willing to experiment with a 1.5mm?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
MrCoffee wrote:

Every four weeks does sound optimal for what you're doing. It gives your skin enough time to heal not only from the minor puncture wounds (which happens really quickly for most people) but also gives your skin ample time to recover from any micro-inflammation that may be present.

Let us know how it goes!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:

Don't forget to check the Discounted Dermarollers thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29392

I buy my rollers (Dr. Rollers, because I do think they are superior quality) from Kaia Vanari. She's listed in the thread above, around page 4 or 5 I think -- this is the website:www.dr-roller.eu

She's shipping from overseas, so depending on where you are located, sometimes it takes a couple weeks for the rollers to arrive. But she offers free shipping, she provides a tracking number and the rollers are always good quality Dr. Roller brand rollers. I think she might still offer an extra discount to EDS members, too, but it's been awhile since I've needed to re-order so I don't know for sure. She also has discounts on buying multiple rollers, so if you're buying 2 or 3 at a time, you can save a lot of money.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |