Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda, I agree with Breezy. If you are hearing the popping noise then you're fine.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies! I'm new here and have been reading up on your thread about derma rolling. I am curious to know if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to find information about derma rolling pertaining to age. I'm turning 26 this april and to my utter suprise I have wrinkles under my eyes! About 3-4 fine lines under each eye. I didn't realize 26 year olds could get wrinkles! lol. ( I don't inspect myself in the mirror very often Laughing ) I know there was a 21 year old on here that you guys advised not to do whole face derma rolling because she is too young and it may damage her skin. Is there a certain age that you can start doing this? I guess what I mean is how young is too young?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
lovelaos425 wrote:
Hi ladies! I'm new here and have been reading up on your thread about derma rolling. I am curious to know if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to find information about derma rolling pertaining to age. I'm turning 26 this april and to my utter suprise I have wrinkles under my eyes! About 3-4 fine lines under each eye. I didn't realize 26 year olds could get wrinkles! lol. ( I don't inspect myself in the mirror very often Laughing ) I know there was a 21 year old on here that you guys advised not to do whole face derma rolling because she is too young and it may damage her skin. Is there a certain age that you can start doing this? I guess what I mean is how young is too young?

Hi! I think it's quite normal to get some fine lines under the eyes in your 20's - I remember getting that at around 23yrs but they didn't really become too noticeable til the last year (I'm 42 next month).

One thing I would say about rolling whilst so young is that there won't be many people here experienced with rolling at your age for a number of years. The great thing about EDS is that you can always find someone who has been there and done it but with this, you'll more or less be a guinea pig. It may work out or you may do more damage than good. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk - and I'm a HUGE fan of dermarolling.
I'd go for the less invasive but reportedly equally effective LED option.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
lovelaos425 wrote:

Welcome to dermarolling, lovelaos. Sadly, I have had wrinkles under my eyes and elsewhere since the mid 20's. I think that you can start whenever you have a problem that needs correcting. That being said, I agree with Miranda, and you should start with the least invasive method first. Miranda mentioned the LED, and there's a great thread on that at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297

If you try dermarolling, you may want to start with a small roller used for penetration of skin care products, http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297

Finally, here's another great thread on getting rid of eye wrinkles, http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36748

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36278

Good luck:)
lovelaos425

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to have gotten wrinkles at 26. Laughing My mom is 47 and looks amazing. She doesn't do anything with her skin, just the occasional wash. Guess I didn't luck out in that area. Thanks for your replies and especially the link for the eye creams! I love this forum and all the ladies in here but it is so big sometimes it's hard to find what I'm looking for even with the search engine. Well, maybe I'll hold off with derma rolling for now even though for some strange reason I could see myself enjoying this (sick or what?) Thanks again for your insight, it is much appreciated!

Here's to aging 'gracefully' Laughing

Crystal
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I contacted the ebay seller that sold me the defective dermaroller. She offered to mail out a replacement today. I was impressed with the quick response. Let's hope the replacement works better than the original.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Great Tonia:) I hope the next one is better. Let us know....
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I contacted the ebay seller that sold me the defective dermaroller. She offered to mail out a replacement today. I was impressed with the quick response. Let's hope the replacement works better than the original.

Are you keeping hold of the old one to compare the effect of it to the new one?

I wonder how many dud rollers are being sold. And how do they make the mistake of producing a blunt roller??
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
lovelaos425 wrote:

There have been articles posted on EDS with doctors doing dermarolling on young skin for acne scarring, so I'm not sure how we've come to the conclusion that dermarolling isn't for young skin. hmmm
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:

There have been articles posted on EDS with doctors doing dermarolling on young skin for acne scarring, so I'm not sure how we've come to the conclusion that dermarolling isn't for young skin. hmmm

But aren't acne and fine lines on young skin two very different things? Like stretchmarks, once the acne scars have improved, the rolling can stop. Rolling for lines and collagen building will need a continuous life-long dedication to rolling. You can't just roll for one year and stop.
I don't think there are many articles (if any) on the effects of rolling skin for fine lines from 26 years old.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut, I wish I could remember where I read this. It was an article, not an EDS member's opinion. I think it has something to do with collagen being at it's peak under age 30. Collagen doesn't start to decrease until 30+. If you roll before then, you are cutting through optimal collagen to create collagen which you didn't need in the first place. You may not grow back the amount of collagen you just destroyed. When you are older and have already lost collagen, you aren't destroying as much of it because you didn't have as much of it to begin with. Any collagen you create is bonus material. With scaring, that is completely different. The skin is already destroyed to a certain degree. There is a good chance that you will do more good than harm. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm supposed to return the defective roller. It may be good to keep it until I get the replacement so I can see the difference. I agree, Miranda. How can one roller be sharp and another one be dull? It makes me wonder if the replacement is going to be identical to the one I already have.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
3rd.oculus wrote:
Hello, I'm new here:)
A question for Bev or anyone who's bought from jaysun-trading:
Did you get the MNS roller (in the white tube) or the one in the clear case? Which kind is better?

Thanks.

Hi - not Bev... My one from Jaysun was in the clear case.

I also order from Jaysun, are you happy with the product? Do you feel that it is penetrating the skin well? Have you had any issues? Did the roller come sterilized. Sorry, I know this is a lot of questions but I'm just getting started!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Danyel02 wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:
3rd.oculus wrote:
Hello, I'm new here:)
A question for Bev or anyone who's bought from jaysun-trading:
Did you get the MNS roller (in the white tube) or the one in the clear case? Which kind is better?

Thanks.

Hi - not Bev... My one from Jaysun was in the clear case.

I also order from Jaysun, are you happy with the product? Do you feel that it is penetrating the skin well? Have you had any issues? Did the roller come sterilized. Sorry, I know this is a lot of questions but I'm just getting started!

Hi Danyel,
I'm happy with my roller from Jaysun. It's only a 0.2mm but my face is pretty red after using it so I'm confident it is penetrating. The rollers are probably sterilized but you never know, so I sterilized mine before use. I'd recommend doing this.
Danyel02

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!!!! I can't wait until mine arrives!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I just wanted to know what kind of prepping you did before you started rolling? Through my research I found that people used Retin A and vit c for weeks before rolling. I was looking to do a week long prepping regime using retin a, a homemade vit c serum and cp. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed and which products I should use and when?

Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Danyel02, are you already using the retin a, vit C and CP's? Those things require a transition period. You wouldn't want to start all of those things at one time and then roll one week later on irritated skin.

If you are already using those things, then that sounds like a good plan. If not, it could be too much. Your healing time could end up being awful.

If you tell us your current regimen and the length of needles you will be using, it will be easier for us to help you come up with a plan.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
No I have not started using any of these things as of yet. Just trilastin (I have had good results for the SM on my stomac)I order both 1mm and 1.5 mm. I was going to start with the 1 mm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Which retin a are you using?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm purchased the 0.05.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Danyel, I just PM'd you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I have a question. I just received my 1mm in the mail yesterday (.5mm on it's way), and I'm so anxious to start. But I work all day tomorrow, and I was wondering if tomorrow my skin would look horrible, and if it would be obvious that I had something done to my face? I know everyone reacts differently, but will I be okay if I do it at noon today, and then go to work at 9am tomorrow? If not, I suppose I'll just wait until Saturday morning, as I have the weekends off. Thanks to anyone that can help!
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Everyone's skin just reacts so differently. Last week, I used a combo of a 1mm and a 1.5mm on my face, and I had blood spots and swelling for 2 days. I also had red dots under my eyes from using the 1mm, and they took 4 days to go away (this could easily be covered by makeup, though). I have very sensitive, thin skin, and I know that others wouldn't get too much of a reaction with a 1mm. You'll probably be okay, but you may want to wait until Friday after work just to be safe. Let us know how it goes:)
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Breezy!

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not really looking forward to scabs or bumps (I also consider my skin to be thin), but if it's what I have to put up with to fix my skin, I'll do it. I'm sooo anxious to start this, I don't wanna wait til Friday night! Also, when I got the roller in the mail, I couldn't believe how small they are!

I can use a 1mm every 4 weeks or so, yes? And the .5mm I can use weekly?

I'll definitely let you guys know how my rolling goes. I'm going to be using a 1mm with NO numbing agents, might be a tear jerker!
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, you can use the .5mm weekly and the 1mm monthly (according to owndoc.com). Don't worry - I'm sure your skin will handle it much better than mine. I bruise and swell easily, and I have the worst skin elasticity ever. You will get addicted to rolling once you start because it feels so good to be doing something that might reduce aging. Can't wait to hear how it goes:)
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |