Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bunnybond
5% products discount

Mon May 17, 2010 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Just reading through these last couple of posts & it started me wondering . . . .
What derma roll & skin recovery periods do you all do/recommend for different size needles (0.5 - 1.5mm)? Confused
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I seriously agree that trying to weed your way through this insanely long and circuitous thread is a *daunting* task.

Therefore, I STRONGLY recommend that readers go directly to the archived FAQ and dermarolling articles that the moderators have so generously put together for all to read. I believe they appear at the top page of the forum.

BF
stimpy

Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there. This is my first post here but I've lurked on this thread here and there. I have a couple of questions if you all don't mind helping me out Wink

A year ago I started rolling and I did it a total of 3 times and I did like the results. Unfortunately when I do roll, I'm left with red and purple pin picks that last a week. That's why I stopped because I fell in love with a great man and I didn't want to have all these marks on my face. Is there anything at all I can do to prevent that from happening?

Also, my main concern is acne scarring and I'm getting married in 2 months. Would rolling every week until then be harmful, or is it better to space them out? I'm getting kind of desperate.

Thanks!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Stimpy, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I would be hesitant to experiment much given the time you have.

You don't mention the size roller, but if it left marks that lasted a week, maybe you want to go down a notch in size. When I roll my thick, insensitive skin, it's temporarily but mildly inflamed, inflammation that tends to hide the scars. So if you could find a roller that would produce those kinds of results for you, that might give you the look you want? Or maybe you can find a good makeup (Makeup Forever High Def) that will work for the wedding and begin attacking the scars in earnest after you're married.
stimpy

Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Hermosa Very Happy

I've been using the 1.5 mm since I've read that size for acne scars. You are right that this is probably risky to play with right now so close to the wedding. I've just been feeling self conscience, but I know he loves me just the way I am Very Happy But you always want to look and feel your best. I really appreciate your advice.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Like some of the new members I've been following this thread about derma rolling. It's been really educational and something I've been very curious to try. Thanks to everyone who has posted because we only learn thru others who have tried it. Now I'm really to try it for myself
ann_id

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Im new here and wanted to ask if there someone who made his order from venkman
pyro
5% products discount

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Email jiji at dermaroller and i was told i can only get the 0.2mm home roller which is really 0.1mm at its thickest. The medical rollers are only sold to medical community. They are sterilized and strongest stainless steel in the market.. Not sure about that but it is pricey at $150. But anyhow i am not sure if you guys are talking about the same dermaroller or imitations

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
can someone advice me about the needles lengh for both facile and body treament cause i can't afford two rollers , in my case i am 29 old have mild acne scares and due to soudden weigh loss fine lines appeard around my mouth and in addition to that i have not very deep stretchmarks all over m body so is 05mm roller more suitable than 1.5mm?
mj0775

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:15 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone!!!

I have been reading a lot on this forum (i'm on page 35) and am beginning to be convinced on using a derma roller. My problem is my acne scars on my cheeks and forehead. My acne is in control now, except for one or 2 which shows up during my period. I am using AcneFree to control it and I am wondering if it is okay to use this with the derma roller or should I refrain from using it on nights when I plan to roll my face. Is it possible to have break outs when I use a roller? I am afraid that my pimples would come back if my skin gets aggravated or something. Also, if I cannot use my AcneFree with the roller, what would you recommend I use before/after rolling to further heal my scars? I read stuff like copper peptide, HA, vit A, etc., but don't know which really is necessary or essential. I also have anti-aging moisturizers from l'oreal and neutrogena, are these safe to use after rolling?

I know this is so much question but all the info I gathered in the past few days are overwhelming that my brain can't take it all Smile

Hoping so much that you can help, Thanks a lot! Very Happy
samrei

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I had a diamond peel a month ago and that's when i was introduced to MTS by my dermatologist. She said that it's the newest thing in fading acne scars. This got me curious and so started learning more about it and i ended up in this forum (thanks a lot!). I've read most of the posts and have ordered a 0.5mm and 1.5mm and got them delivered today. I plan to use the 1.5mm every 4weeks or more (depending on how my first rolling would end up Very Happy). The 0.5 I plan to use once a week. This actually is a wrong purchase, I should have gotten the 0.2 instead of the 0.5 for product penetration coz I really don't want to traumatize my skin that much, oh well.

Fortunately, I have been on Retin A to control my acne and I have always taken Vit C supplement everyday plus I added a serum a month ago so I think my skin is prepped for this. I'm just a little scared of the needles so maybe I'll do my rolling this weekend. Wish me luck!

Btw, I plan to use only Vit C serum and moisturizers enriched in Vit A,C and E for a week after my roll before I go back to my ProActive routine. What do you guys think about this? I hope I'm doing this safe enough, I want to fix my acne scars not make them worse! Sorry for the long post, I'm just excited and scared at the same time! Laughing

P.S. My dermatologist's fee for this is way out of my budget so I'm doing this at home in the most safe way. AND she said that the sessions (6 in all) could be done to as close as one week intervals which got me worried after all the stuff I read about inflammation.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
samrei
I think you might be on the right track with the Vit C and Vit A/E and rollers.

Do keep up updated on your progress on how things turn out and how long before you saw results.

I personally really like CPs and think that can speed up the process, but your method might also deliver really good results, so keep up in the know

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
mj0775 wrote:
hi everyone!!!

I have been reading a lot on this forum (i'm on page 35) and am beginning to be convinced on using a derma roller. My problem is my acne scars on my cheeks and forehead. My acne is in control now, except for one or 2 which shows up during my period. I am using AcneFree to control it and I am wondering if it is okay to use this with the derma roller or should I refrain from using it on nights when I plan to roll my face. Is it possible to have break outs when I use a roller? I am afraid that my pimples would come back if my skin gets aggravated or something. Also, if I cannot use my AcneFree with the roller, what would you recommend I use before/after rolling to further heal my scars? I read stuff like copper peptide, HA, vit A, etc., but don't know which really is necessary or essential. I also have anti-aging moisturizers from l'oreal and neutrogena, are these safe to use after rolling?

I know this is so much question but all the info I gathered in the past few days are overwhelming that my brain can't take it all Smile

Hoping so much that you can help, Thanks a lot! Very Happy

mj - you do not want to roll is you have any breakouts - it'll just make things worse.

Vit A, Copper Peptides and (maybe)vit C are really good to add to the mix. I use CPs for product penetration, but use Vit A(Retin A) and Vit C at other times- to follow the protocol for rolling. I do really think the CPs do the best job out of the 3.

HA has some controversy behind it, so you might want to read up on that. I'd probably skip the moisturizers from L'Oreal and Nuetrogena - not sure what they have in them. I find I don't need moisturizers with the CPs and emu oil.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much foxe!

i read here somewhere that someone had bad results with CP that's why i haven't considered it. but since you had good results with it maybe i'll go buy a small one and experiment.

also, my dermatologist mentioned that i'm not supposed to wet my face for atleast 4hrs after the procedure but i see people here washing after a roll. i dunno why and i dunno how i can ask her again, afraid she might find out that i'm gonna do this at home instead of paying her Laughing

and btw, i would like to thank all the veteran rollers who have shared so much info on this thread. i hope you still get to drop by once in a while to share new info, progress, or give support to the new ones. i know the repetitive questions and rollers who roll without due research have drove you away from this forum but do know that most of us here who read thru the thread appreciate all the information. i found forums on DR from my own country and sad to say most of the rollers there dove into this based on fad and not on scientific facts and analogy. Confused
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
OMG. Excuse my pseudo language but I just rolled, for the first time, with a 1 mm Dr Roller. No topical anesthetic.

OW! Tears came to my eyes and my hands actually started to shake (color me wimpy). Face looks ok, sunburned, I'm about to hop in the shower.

My concern is I did not bleed much. Actually only in about 3 spots out of the thousands I punctured. Should I be concerned about that? I feel like I rolled fairly aggressively.

Next time I'll absolutely try it with some EMLA cream.

Has anyone had nice results from rolling without a great deal of actual bleeding?

xo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am new to the forum,and i went to buy a dermaroller but i am confused about the different brands.i have seen many different types on ebay one is mns.it sells for about $8.00. Is it best to buy the more expensive brands.
Thanks,Cassandra

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
hello,

i am very confused about dermarollers.can someone give me some advice on which brands are the best to buy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Natasha, I think most people here recommend the Dr Roller. You can buy it on ebay.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
Has anyone had nice results from rolling without a great deal of actual bleeding?

xo

I would like to ask the same. I couldn't wait til weekend so I did my first roll the other night. Used a 1.5mm, started on my forehead, which apparently was a big mistake Laughing I only used some ice and it did numb that area. The cheek was much easier to roll, now I know why you guys enjoy rolling!

I only had a couple of oozing blood, the rest were just pinpricks. But I'm sure i did it aggressively, the handle would have broken if i was pushing against something hard Razz I even made two more passes on the whole face to get more pinpricks of blood.

I really thought my skin has thinned with all the chemical peels and dermabrasions I had so was kinda surprised not to see so much blood. I had the "blushed" look yesterday, now my face isn't red anymore but I do love the inflamed look Wink Will be doing this again in a month.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Has anybody had success with skin tightening from their rolling? It seems most people speak about their results regarding wrinkles. I know derma rollers are used for skin tightening by Dr. Fernandes because he mentions this in his articles. Thank you.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
samrei wrote:
snowymtn wrote:

xo

I would like to ask the same. I couldn't wait til weekend so I did my first roll the other night. Used a 1.5mm, started on my forehead, which apparently was a big mistake Laughing I only used some ice and it did numb that area. The cheek was much easier to roll, now I know why you guys enjoy rolling!

I only had a couple of oozing blood, the rest were just pinpricks. But I'm sure i did it aggressively, the handle would have broken if i was pushing against something hard Razz I even made two more passes on the whole face to get more pinpricks of blood.

I really thought my skin has thinned with all the chemical peels and dermabrasions I had so was kinda surprised not to see so much blood. I had the "blushed" look yesterday, now my face isn't red anymore but I do love the inflamed look Wink Will be doing this again in a month.

Thanks for responding. I've come to the conclusion that, there could be microbleeding under the surface, that didn't quite make it to the top as visible bleeding. I won't roll again for at least 4 weeks, as I have noticed quite a bit of inflammation, which I think really needs to calm down.

From everything I've read here and online, it seems to take several rolls and quite a while to notice actual results. Maybe next year I'll have something positive to report Wink

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Well I last did a roll (very aggressive) almost 9 weeks ago now and I'm thinking of doing another this Friday.

This might be a stupid question but for future reference I was wondering how to use a single needle for individual lines (such as the 11's).

Do you poke the needle into the line itself or either side of it? Do you dot really close together in a zig zag pattern that covers both the line and the skin immediately to either side of the line?

I'm not planning on doing it just yet but I'm still trying to research that as I can't picture it and can't find anything on youtube.

Thanks in advance! Smile
misscruella16

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the dermaroller and had lasers done for their icepick scars? which is better? I have icepick scars (pitted and rolling ones) from past acne, as well as some scar tissue built up from past cystic acne and am wondering if the dermaroller is as effective as some lasers out there for these types of scars? or should i save up my money and spend it on a good laser?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
misscruella16 wrote:
Has anyone tried the dermaroller and had lasers done for their icepick scars? which is better? I have icepick scars (pitted and rolling ones) from past acne, as well as some scar tissue built up from past cystic acne and am wondering if the dermaroller is as effective as some lasers out there for these types of scars? or should i save up my money and spend it on a good laser?

use the roller with Copper Peptides and forget the laser. You'll get excellent results and less trouble w/ the CPs (and they're much cheaper). I've filled in some acne scars - including ice pick ones, using single needles and CPs. I applied the CPs after the needle and did that every 6 wks. I also applied the CPs daily in between and used an acid like a beta hydroxy acid or retin A, to help break up the scar tissue on a daily basis.

Read up on CPs and scar tissue here:
http://www.reverseskinaging.com/acne.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
hippychick wrote:
Well I last did a roll (very aggressive) almost 9 weeks ago now and I'm thinking of doing another this Friday.

This might be a stupid question but for future reference I was wondering how to use a single needle for individual lines (such as the 11's).

Do you poke the needle into the line itself or either side of it? Do you dot really close together in a zig zag pattern that covers both the line and the skin immediately to either side of the line?

I'm not planning on doing it just yet but I'm still trying to research that as I can't picture it and can't find anything on youtube.

Thanks in advance! Smile

Single needle use:

Stretch marks/scars - will need 'needle abrasion' which means dense needling WITHIN in the scar.

Acne, chicken pox and single wrinkles - will need only 10 to 20 needle pricks within the scar/wrinkle.

Both should be done 5 days after a deep roll for optimum results.

Indepth guidelines can be found here from the Owndoc site

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |