Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



DermaRoller

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I tried a search but wasn't successful.

I have a dermastamp and a single needle, neither of which I've used religiously. Every 3 or 4 weeks I either needle or stamp my 11's, and sometimes my cheeks & chin, but find those upsetting. I usually apply cp's afterwards, but this time I wasn't thinking and applied tretinoin, which I doubt is too big a deal.

Anyway, I woke up with a blood red dot on my forehead about 1.5mm in diameter and it might have a pore in the centre, I'm not sure. I can't feel anything when I touch it.

I'm sure it'll be gone soon, but is there anything I should be doing to avoid this in future, and escalate its clearing away? I thought rubbing in the treatment would be enough.

_________________
Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 1594
Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA: For now avoid tretinoin and all known irritants, maybe use an active like aloe vera and keep the patch coated with a thick layer of moisturiser or ointment at all times. For the future avoid tretinion after dermarolling because that is contra-indicated. The experts seem to recommend a much gentler vitamin A such as retinol acetate or retinyl palmitate or CPs.

HTH. Wink

_________________
Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Stork
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 129
Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your input again, Firefox!

How long do you believe the inflammation process should be endured, before applying topicals, which basically cease/slow down the inflammation for optimum skin healing?

I love aloe vera for healing. have a plant in my front yard. I know that there is some research which says some are allergic to it, I am not.

I just notice whenevr i scab (0n my face, and elswehere, It never leaves a scar/indent.)

Going to read your links now on the aloe vera. Thank you again. Your contribution on this board is well appreciated!! Smile
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank FF! I gapped re the tretinion! I'll avoid anything irritating. Its looking better today.

Also, I've got a bump on my cheek half way between my eye and the outside of my nostril, so it isn't quite in the delicate eye area, but close.
Its been there for a couple of years. It may have started as a zit and I thought it was ready to express, and it wasn't. I kept attempting to clear it and only re-injuring it and it probably toughened up in response. Its got a pore opening in the center.
Lucky for me, there's no hyperpigmentation involved so practically invisible. I'd like to keep it that way!

Is this something I could use a single needle on? I don't know from which angle(s) to approach it or if it would even be safe for me to try.
Do I need the help of a derm or will a facialist be able to handle it? I'll probably end up delaying for a while anyway, so is there anything I can do to get it ready/pretreat?
Its somewhat small (2mm?) and not very noticeable, I just know its there.

_________________
Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 1594
Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
Thank you for your input again, Firefox!

How long do you believe the inflammation process should be endured, before applying topicals, which basically cease/slow down the inflammation for optimum skin healing?

I love aloe vera for healing. have a plant in my front yard. I know that there is some research which says some are allergic to it, I am not.

I just notice whenevr i scab (0n my face, and elswehere, It never leaves a scar/indent.)

Going to read your links now on the aloe vera. Thank you again. Your contribution on this board is well appreciated!! Smile


My bias is partly down to the fact that I am have reactive skin and my primary goal is anti-ageing. I'm firmly in the 'keep inflammation to a minimum camp', tho I totally accept you can also get quality healing by allowing the inflammation to run it's course. One of those rare situations were seemingly opposing viewpoints can both be correct IMO!! I therefore apply actives with anti-inflammatory/ proven collagen inducing properties immediately after dermarolling. I would encourage you to decide for yourself, Bethany has posted some useful links
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=4600
Also search or scan through for Foxe's posts if you think you might use copper peptides.

_________________
Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 1594
Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Thank FF! I gapped re the tretinion! I'll avoid anything irritating. Its looking better today.

Also, I've got a bump on my cheek half way between my eye and the outside of my nostril, so it isn't quite in the delicate eye area, but close.
Its been there for a couple of years. It may have started as a zit and I thought it was ready to express, and it wasn't. I kept attempting to clear it and only re-injuring it and it probably toughened up in response. Its got a pore opening in the center.
Lucky for me, there's no hyperpigmentation involved so practically invisible. I'd like to keep it that way!

Is this something I could use a single needle on? I don't know from which angle(s) to approach it or if it would even be safe for me to try.
Do I need the help of a derm or will a facialist be able to handle it? I'll probably end up delaying for a while anyway, so is there anything I can do to get it ready/pretreat?
Its somewhat small (2mm?) and not very noticeable, I just know its there.


IMO try a good esthetician or dermatologist if you have the insurance, you want to know for sure what it is before you poke at it. If it's a small hypertrophic scar I don't think needling works, you might need to go the acid route if you are brave enough.

_________________
Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I don't think my insurance would cover it, but it may not be too expensive. It's not much to speak of though, so I'll run it by my doctor just in case and maybe try the acid route first. I'd be more comfortable trying an acid than a needle in that area. I'll do some research beforehand though.
Ta!

_________________
Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 559
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
well, i have at last done another 1mm roll.
I used, environ products, with reluma serum post roll and topped off with infaldolin.

I have taken pics, but don't know how to put them here, any help Question

I don't bleed like bethany but I was very very red, swollen and sore, with pinprick blood spots on forehead and nose a little on my cheeks but not really much.

According to all the literature, at least , there doesnt have to be copious amounts of blood Exclamation

_________________
46 got (PMD,Caci,QuasarMD,Tria , skin spatula) Using, environ , myfawnie serums, lacsal, retinol, GHk probably more but too embarrased to say
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
well, i have at last done another 1mm roll.
I used, environ products, with reluma serum post roll and topped off with infaldolin.

I have taken pics, but don't know how to put them here, any help Question

I don't bleed like bethany but I was very very red, swollen and sore, with pinprick blood spots on forehead and nose a little on my cheeks but not really much.

According to all the literature, at least , there doesnt have to be copious amounts of blood Exclamation


Nope...you don't have to have copious amounts of blood at all! But it sounds like you had a very productive roll based on your description above!

Ps...I'll send you a pm on how to post pics.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 559
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ,that would be great.

I am now well into the pinot grigio Laughing Rolling Eyes Bad Grin
PS hope i don't buy anything my cc is well fed up!

_________________
46 got (PMD,Caci,QuasarMD,Tria , skin spatula) Using, environ , myfawnie serums, lacsal, retinol, GHk probably more but too embarrased to say
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
thanks ,that would be great.

I am now well into the pinot grigio Laughing Rolling Eyes Bad Grin
PS hope i don't buy anything my cc is well fed up!


Lol...did you happen to see my post on the other forum related to that?

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 559
Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ive just seen it Laughing Laughing Laughing
So Im not just the only one Rolling Eyes

_________________
46 got (PMD,Caci,QuasarMD,Tria , skin spatula) Using, environ , myfawnie serums, lacsal, retinol, GHk probably more but too embarrased to say
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Ive just seen it Laughing Laughing Laughing
So Im not just the only one Rolling Eyes


Nope! Very Happy

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3382
Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:03 am      Reply with quote
adding this related post

MaryClaire wrote:
Could this be potent enough to roll with or maybe used as a base with another common product?

NOW Wrinkle Rescue gelcap
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Wrinkle-Rescue-60-Capsules/880
MaryClaire
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 205
Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Well I ordered the NOW product and I'm feeling pretty sorry (and stupid) I posted the suggestion...I dumped the capsule in aloe vera and it didn't completely dissolve...it had some white specs that wouldn't go away, at least not in the time I gave it.

It's probably a good supplement for inside your body but not on your face. Embarassed
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 699
Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
adding this related post

MaryClaire wrote:
Could this be potent enough to roll with or maybe used as a base with another common product?

NOW Wrinkle Rescue gelcap
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Wrinkle-Rescue-60-Capsules/880


This looks like a very nice mix to roll in, or use on your skin!
Problem is, a number of ingredients are oil soluble, so you will get gritty stuff if you try to dissolve it in aloe gel or any other water based medium.
What you could do is try and dissolve it in a fairly warm water/oil emulsion - this sounds harder than it really is. If you use it to roll in I suggest you use lecithin, or hydrolysed lecithin, as your emulsifier. That is a wonderful skin conditioner etc. in itself. Just take 2 heat resistant bowls, fill one with water, the other with oil(s) and about 2% of lecithin, equal amounts, heat gently in a water bath (I use a large frying pan for that) and when it's hot (not too hot, don't let the water bath boil), mix together. While still hot, add the powder from the caps, mix untill dissolved, and you're done! Your super anti ox all natural moisturizer in 15 minutes!
MaryClaire
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 205
Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Lotusesther!!

I tried it and it works! It made a nice creamy serum...I used grapeseed oil because that was the lightest oil that I had and I didn't have the lecithin but I just wanted to try your method and was so happy that it turned out so creamy and nice.

I was really looking for a softgel with Vitamin A in it but couldn't find any with the retinyl palmitate that this one has.

I'm going to try it with .5 roller to see how it works. Thanks so much.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:

I was really looking for a softgel with Vitamin A in it but couldn't find any with the retinyl palmitate that this one has.

I'm going to try it with .5 roller to see how it works. Thanks so much.


This one is good! 5 drops ='s 10,000 (which is what most recommend in a 1oz serum)... I use 10 drops most of the time. You'll have more than enough for at least a year!

http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/31265?at=0

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Thank you Lotusesther!!

I tried it and it works! It made a nice creamy serum...I used grapeseed oil because that was the lightest oil that I had and I didn't have the lecithin but I just wanted to try your method and was so happy that it turned out so creamy and nice.

I was really looking for a softgel with Vitamin A in it but couldn't find any with the retinyl palmitate that this one has.

I'm going to try it with .5 roller to see how it works. Thanks so much.


Just so you'll know for the next time, the magnesium stearate and silica were the culprits.. They will melt in oil over 80F, but they aren't really ingredients you'd want to use on your skin..

Look for "gelcaps" instead.. No anti-caking ingredients necessary! (The gelcaps are made of gelatin (which you toss), but the *vitamin* is typically pure and just mixed with glycerin.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
MaryClaire
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 205
Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy,
I'll just take them as a supplement. I was really looking for the ingredients to make your rolling serum. I get frustrated because I have to order the vitamin a and c from two different suppliers. Thanks for keeping me safe from myself.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:


This one is good! 5 drops ='s 10,000 (which is what most recommend in a 1oz serum)... I use 10 drops most of the time. You'll have more than enough for at least a year!

http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/31265?at=0


Exactly what form of Vitamin A is this? Is it oil or water soluble?

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:


This one is good! 5 drops ='s 10,000 (which is what most recommend in a 1oz serum)... I use 10 drops most of the time. You'll have more than enough for at least a year!

http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/31265?at=0


Exactly what form of Vitamin A is this? Is it oil or water soluble?


From the site:

Supplement Facts
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 drop (0.05 ml)
Servings Per Container: 340
Amount Per Serving %DV
Retinol (as palmitate) 2,500 IU 50%
Other Ingredients
Purified water, glycerin.
Warnings
Caution: If pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before using this product.
Please keep out of reach of children.

http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/31265?at=0

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM - I've ordered it. For international buyers, iHerb is a great site to deal with, reasonable postage!

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:


This one is good! 5 drops ='s 10,000 (which is what most recommend in a 1oz serum)... I use 10 drops most of the time. You'll have more than enough for at least a year!

http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/31265?at=0


Exactly what form of Vitamin A is this? Is it oil or water soluble?


It mixes into oil like a dream.. The form of A is Retinyl Palmitate (which Dr Des recommends.)

You can also find Vitamin A gelcaps 10,000 IU per gelcap, but be sure to read the ingredient list.. Gelatin is the capsule so disregard that. The contents should just be the liquid vitamin suspended in either glycerin, and/or oil which keeps it stable.

It's winter in Oz now, correct? I wouldn't recommend long distances of travel with the heat that we're having in the US these days. I bought one last month (not thinking clearly) and by the time it reached Florida which took 7 freaking days, it was hot to the touch when I took it out of the bag.. I stuck it in my fridge, but probably won't use it. I don't know a way to check to see if it's viable. I'm pretty sure it spent a good part of those 7 days in a 160F truck. I only ordered it because it was supposed to come from a North Carolina warehouse (2 days), and instead they shipped it from California..

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 2198
Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, you mix ten drops of this in with an ounce of grapeseed oil to use post roll? I'm just about to do a series of rolls and need to get up to speed with what to use afterward, optimally. I'm doing my hands at the moment and have been using rosehip oil which I know is vitamin a .. Do you think this iHerb product would be better?
Kassy_A wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:

I was really looking for a softgel with Vitamin A in it but couldn't find any with the retinyl palmitate that this one has.

I'm going to try it with .5 roller to see how it works. Thanks so much.


This one is good! 5 drops ='s 10,000 (which is what most recommend in a 1oz serum)... I use 10 drops most of the time. You'll have more than enough for at least a year!

http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/31265?at=0
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items)