Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
IK237
Your pores are significantly smaller. Great results. What were your objectives for rolling?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:21 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
IK237
Your pores are significantly smaller. Great results. What were your objectives for rolling?

My aim was to diminish my scarred pores and to overall improve my skins texture.

I should note that when I dermastamp/ roll; I place quite a lot of pressure causing many blood spots. My overall routine is quite aggressive however, the results seem to be greater than what I've seen compared to other individuals results on the internet.

I also consume a strict healthy diet for the first 2 weeks after the roll to support my skins healing and I purchased a particular serum which I apply after rolling/ stamping and for at least 2 weeks every evening subsequently.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
IK237 wrote:
foxe wrote:
IK237

My aim was to diminish my scarred pores and to overall improve my skins texture.

I should note that when I dermastamp/ roll; I place quite a lot of pressure causing many blood spots. My overall routine is quite aggressive however, the results seem to be greater than what I've seen compared to other individuals results on the internet.

I also consume a strict healthy diet for the first 2 weeks after the roll to support my skins healing and I purchased a particular serum which I apply after rolling/ stamping and for at least 2 weeks every evening subsequently.

You must be VERY pleased with your progress. Good work.
auburneyz
5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Cookie,

Good bleeding!

One question: did you use ReAura before the rolling?

I did not bleed when I rolled with 1mm roller.

Keliu said that one reason contributing to bleeding might be ReAura.

Hi summer, My last treatment on my face with the ReAura was Nov. 17 so it was exactly 6 weeks ago. It was my second treatment series on my face. I am still doing other area on my body at this time with the ReAura but not my face.

I did use the 1.5 mm roller size. I don't know if that would cause more bleeding or not. I also keep my skin very well exfoliated because of my acne. I have read that some Doctors do a microdermabrasion treatment before rolling. I think that probably helps the needles penetrate as does a hot shower before hand. But the thing I think that helped the best was the numbing cream because I couldn't feel anything. I don't think I would have had the courage to roll my face for as long and as hard as I did with out it.

Also how many minutes are people rolling for? I know I rolled for over 30 minutes and probably closer to 45. I went back over areas I had cleaned and rerolled because my skin was still numb and I not sure how many times I am going to roll in the future and want to make sure I got as many holes in my skin as I could.

I am a new roller, at .75 right now with minimal pin pricks. Moving up to the 1mm Feb 7th, my question: how long did it take you to heal as in, feel normal, post rolling with your 1.5mm. Thanks!

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Can anybody please share where can i get 5% EMLA numbing cream without any prescription? I have everything ready for dermaroller except for the numbing cream!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
99heyho wrote:
Can anybody please share where can i get 5% EMLA numbing cream without any prescription? I have everything ready for dermaroller except for the numbing cream!

I bought mine on amazon.com, shockingly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I completed my second roll of the new year last night using a 1.5 mm dermaroller. It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to roll my face and neck.

I do aggressive rolls, to my tolerance, and have gotten more aggressive with each roll over the years.

I stretch the skin as I roll over it. This seems to help to cause pinpricks of blood. I am still using the star pattern. I bleed a lot, I really mean a lot. Once I wipe the area, there is no more bleeding. I try to roll vigorously over my entire face and front of my neck down to my chest. I am trying to focus more on the skin at my hairline, eye area, nasolabial folds, my "1", under my chin and neck.

I look horrid today and plan to stay home the entire weekend. I am very red and would not leave the house looking like this. For this roll, I prepped with Retin-A evenings and Vitamin C serum mornings. I applied EMLA for about an hour for pain, covered it with segments of plastic, and wiped it off before rolling. After my roll, I juiced and drank the vegetable juice on an empty stomach to allow all the nutrients to enter my system. I made a DIY oil soluble C and A serum that I put on before going to sleep. Today, I am using my oil soluble A and C and also raw, organic palm oil throughout the day.

After my last roll, on a Friday evening, I was so red 12-24 hours later, 48 hours later better, but still red, I snuck into the gym to do a long steam sauna and 60 hours later on Monday morning I was back at work. My skin was back to normal, no one could tell a thing, in fact I got several compliments that week on how great my skin looks. Probably had something to do with eating really well, resting, and the DIY skin products that I used. I know that in six months, the results will be terrific.

I am not suggesting that anyone follow my routine, just sharing my information for those that are curious about what others are doing. It is vital for you to do your own research and develop a program that works for you.

Aggressive dermarolling is not easy but soooo worth it.

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi hydrogeogirl, sounds like a great routine. What benefits have you seen from dermarolling so far?
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ShastaGirl,

The primary benefits for me are:
1. thicker skin
2. eradicated hyperpigmentation
3. refined pores

I compared photos from my 30's, 40's, and now 50's and my skin tone is the best now. I had hyper pigmentation in younger years and I don't really even have a freckle now. The best part for me is the thicker skin, which takes months to happen. When I began dermarolling, I could feel the difference in my skin thickness (about 6 months later) when I did facial exercises and massage. I had been doing FE for years before DR and knew how my skin felt.

I have improved my neck skin, from looking a little like chicken skin to being much smoother. I am still hoping for more skin tightening with time. However, I recognize that I am aging and my crows feet, which I have had since my 20's are a constant struggle. I just want to look the best that I can within a DIY capacity. I try to strengthen the muscles, including my neck, with exercises and hope that the skin will firm up from DR. Dr. Fernandez's skin looks amazing! I would like to incorporate more DR for product penetration into my routine.

For awhile, I did not treat my eye skin like I was treating the rest of my face. My facial skin was improving while my eye area did not change. A few years ago I began doing the same skin treatments to my eye area and that has worked for me.

P.S., I am exhausted the day after a roll and really just rest the next day. Does that happen to others as well?

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
EvaAthina

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I got one of the cheapo rollers off ebay but am very pleased with it. It was under $10 with shipping. Before today I had only done one treatment a month ago. It's a 1.5mm, I was worried because I have a genetic mutation called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome or EDS (ironic for this forum lol) its a collagen mutation. Since there hasn't been any research done with EDS and derma rolling I ran the risk of either shredding my skin and looking like Freddy Krugger or experiencing a miracle. Thank the good Lord it was later! A REALLY crappy part of having EDS is that I'm totally immune to lidocaine, and all those Caine related drugs so I did the 1.5mm treatment with no pain relief, rolling 10x like I saw on YouTube. It freaking hurt and although I know its not good to mix drinking with skin treatments for optimal results I needed a few glasses of wine to dull the pain a bit. 10x was insane, like I suspect the chick in the video I watched was. Today I did a partial treatment focusing on problem areas and doing more of a stamping motion than a rolling motion which was MUCH LESS PAIN. I ordered a 2.5mm roller and 2mm stamp today to use for more frequent treatments.

Has anyone done this for white age spots (IGH) with any results? I have read that the only treatment for IGH is some sort of tar paste and UVA light which doesn't sound pleasant! I prefer my tiny wheel of torture Wink

I realize that most of the people on this forum are probably DIYers like myself, but I'm just wondering if CIT aka derma rolling yields such amazing results why isn't this science being used to treat crippling illnesses like mine? Or the number one cause of disability in America, arthritis (which is a break down of joint collagen)?
EvaAthina

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh also I have only been using evening primrose oil, organic raw coconut oil, and a DIY vitamin c serum that I mist in my airbrush before bed every couple nights. And although I haven't shelled out the big bucks I have a 90% reduction of pore size, 75% reduction of wrinkles, and about a 25% reduction of acne scars. What my biggest problems are would be acne scars, and large pores. So any suggestions that wouldn't break the bank would be awesome. TIA Smile
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
EvaAthina wrote:
Or the number one cause of disability in America, arthritis (which is a break down of joint collagen)?

Hi EvaAthina, Welcome to EDS.
I wouldn't think dermarolling would be able to create collagen in the joint area. The needles just don't go that far down. The studies that have been done have show collagen being created only in the .05mm of the skin. Even when a 3.0mm roller is used.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here and registered maint because of this thread.

I live in the Philippines and plan to buy my dermarolling kit from a known dermatologist here. I''ve been backreading for a while an hope that yo can answer some of my questions. I can't open the pdf file you guys posted for complete instructions.

1. How often should I roll? Some say it's once a month but there are some who do it frequently like once every two weeks.
2. How do you use tretinoin cream? Is it before or after rolling? How long do I wait before I apply the tretinoin?
3. Also what should be the percentage of the tret?
4. For the vitamin C. Should it be cream or serum?
5. When do you apply it? Before or after?

I hope you guys can answer my questions. Thanks
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
IK237 wrote:
Hi everyone, I started using the Dermastamp on the 23rd October 2012. Here is my treatment session schedule so far:

October 23rd - 1st session (Dermastamp)
November 6th - 2nd session (Dermastamp)
November 19th - 3rd session (Dermastamp)
10th December - 4th session (Dermastamp)
7th January2013 - 5th session (Derma ROLLER)

Here are my before and after images for my left cheek:

I should state that I don't wash my face in the morning for at least 3 weeks after Dermaroller/ stamp treatment (both 1.5mm) so these pictures are like 23 hours after I last washed my face making my face look really oily and grubby.

Anyway, can anyone see improvements in the pictures? If so, how significant?

Pics are in post below.

VERY impressive! I see a lot of improvement in you skin. Good job!! Thank you for posting your pictures!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
IK237 wrote:
foxe wrote:
IK237

amazing results! This is close to a miraculous treatment/results!

btw, can you pls provide a link to the dermastamp you are using? TIA
IK237

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
IK237 wrote:
foxe wrote:
IK237

amazing results! This is close to a miraculous treatment/results!

btw, can you pls provide a link to the dermastamp you are using? TIA

Apologize for the late reply. I cant post links as I'm a new member but I can provide you with the exact title of the Dermaroller and Dermastamp and item numbers. I've purchased both from eBay UK.

Dermaroller:
New Titanium Needle Derma Stamp Microneedle Anti Ageing Scars Acne Spot Wrinkles

item number: 261085986826

Dermastamp:
ZGTS II Microneedle Derma / Skin Roller

item number: 300865267760
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks IK237!
IK237

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Thanks IK237!

One more thing. Ive been applying the Dermier Skin Roller Collagen Serum 30ml.

I think it may be one of the primary reasons why my skin is healing well in conjunction with a strong vitamin and protein diet.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
IK237 wrote:
daler wrote:
Thanks IK237!

One more thing. Ive been applying the Dermier Skin Roller Collagen Serum 30ml.

I think it may be one of the primary reasons why my skin is healing well in conjunction with a strong vitamin and protein diet.

btw, u should watermark your pix before shady companies start using em to promote their products!
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
wow this is a long thread! I only skimmed it, sooo I'm wondering if I use my .5mm roller can I use it under my eyes?
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys, I'm sorry to be annoying, I AM reading through the post and will continue to do so, but it's almost my birthday and my boyfriend is going to get me what I REALLY want, so I wanted to go ahead and as these questions really quick.

1. I want to get at a few acne scars (just a couple), overall improve my skin, and ESPECIALLY get my stretch marks, so:

-Should I buy a .5 or 1 mm roller for improving my face overall, then a stamp or single needles (from owndoc) for the few acne scars I have (as well as giving extra attention to my stretch marks!) and then a 2.0 or 2.5 roller for the stretch marks? What do you think?

2.I've seen rollers that are 3.0mm. Is this too deep, even for stretch marks?

3. Also for the stretch marks, should I get a roller that is "regular sized" or one that has a single needle width or is the width of 3 needles? Any imput on this subject would help. I am also reading the thread specifically for stretch marks so I might as there as well.

4. If I buy from owndoc, how important is it to get the original roller/cost of them? The price really varies. If I do "splurge" on a Dr. Roller, should it be the one for my face or stretch marks, etc?

5. Someone on another forum advised me not to buy from eBay despite the prices. Do you guys agree? Should I avoid them, or if anyone has bought one of high quality from eBay, can you let me know from whom? Here or through PM.

Again, I HAVE read the forums (here and owndoc) but these are very specific questions so I would love your responses. Thank you.

Would it be spamming to ask this in the "Dermarolling for stretch marks" thread as well?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ellaelisa - welcome and Happy Birthday!

I can't comment on the stretch marks as I've not rolled for those. But on your face, here are my thoughts...

if you have sensitive skin, start with the 0.5mm. If your skin is not sensitive, consider the 1.0mm. The 1.0mm will hurt only a slight bit more. I've used both.

I really like the dermastamp. I have a small one - I think it's better than the single needles or the 1 or 3 line rollers. They have larger ones as well that some people use instead of the roller. You might consider this. The dermastamp is really easy to use and I found it hurts much less. I have a 1.5mm dermastamp.

I've ordered from Owndoc and Amazon in the past. Both were fine. I've heard that there is no real reason to pay extra for the Dr. Roller brand.

Have you thought about whether you will use numbing cream? You can get that at Owndoc. I personally don't use it, and numb my skin with some ice first. Others will not roll without the numbing cream.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
One other thing...the pre- and post-roll protocols are really important. Be sure to sterilize and use an appropriate serum afterwards (usually a vit A and C derivative). Owndoc's Infadolan is supposed to be good (but greasy). I use an oil mixture that I make myself.
Tiaraleeann

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am new here as well Smile I have been reading these threads pretty much all day. There is some very useful information on here. Although, I am just getting more confused. If you use a roller just for product penetration, do you still have to use serums or can you continue with your regular face creams you usually use? If not, when should you continue the use of your regular face creams? I would like to incorporate this as a regular routine. I seen you can roll with the smaller needles for the product penetration 2-3 times a week. Can I still use the cleanser and toner while doing the rolling? As well as the am, pm and eye creams? Or by doing this am I going to have to switch to the vitamin serums? I am sad to say I am fairly new to this whole taking care of my skin thing, and I'm sorry for all the questions I just cannot find the answers I am looking for.

Neutral

Also is the .25mm best for product penetration? Am I also correct about being able to roll 2-3 times a week? I get different answers from different places and I am getting hesitant to even try it because I do not want to do everything the wrong way.

Any advice/information is appreciated, and I am sorry for all the questions!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Tiaraleeann wrote:
I am new here as well Smile I have been reading these threads pretty much all day. There is some very useful information on here. Although, I am just getting more confused. If you use a roller just for product penetration, do you still have to use serums or can you continue with your regular face creams you usually use? If not, when should you continue the use of your regular face creams? I would like to incorporate this as a regular routine. I seen you can roll with the smaller needles for the product penetration 2-3 times a week. Can I still use the cleanser and toner while doing the rolling? As well as the am, pm and eye creams? Or by doing this am I going to have to switch to the vitamin serums? I am sad to say I am fairly new to this whole taking care of my skin thing, and I'm sorry for all the questions I just cannot find the answers I am looking for.

Neutral

Also is the .25mm best for product penetration? Am I also correct about being able to roll 2-3 times a week? I get different answers from different places and I am getting hesitant to even try it because I do not want to do everything the wrong way.

Any advice/information is appreciated, and I am sorry for all the questions!

You can cleanse, tone and then roll.

.25mm is what is recommended for product penetration. I suggest you use something gentle right after rolling. There are some things that can irritate your skin after rolling. I applied a serum with argireline in it once and itched for hours. Usually oils with vit A or an oil-based vit C work well. It you try something different, approach cautiously.

You should be able to use your normal face creams the next day.

As for frequency, there are differing opinions. If your skin gets irritated or excessively red, you should reduce the frequency.

Sometimes, starting slow and seeing how your skin reacts and learning what works for you is the best approach.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |