Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
I studied all topics about DermaRoller here on EDS Forums. Sometimes I was so excited that I was ready to place the order for one. However, from experience of the past, I've decided to learn the issue before buying next gadget.

So, the bottom line - in all threads about DermaRoller I did not see anything about result achieved. Only expectations.

I searched around the internet too. But didn't find the actual reviews of actual result...

Did anybody here achieve anything? Or just injured himself in hope to get any result?

I have posted on several occasions about my positive results which include: thickening of the skin, reduction of broken caps, minimising of pores and smoother more refined looking skin.

In addition, nobody on the Forum has reported any long term injury from using the Dermaroller. (Given that "injuring" the skin is part of the process).
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
You are the only person who reported positive result. Other users reported just their experience, using DermaRoller. I will wait a little more, before I get one Razz
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
You are the only person who reported positive result. Other users reported just their experience, using DermaRoller. I will wait a little more, before I get one Razz

Tanya, I also reported positive results in the "What has Dermaroller done for You" thread, as follows:

Quote:
I've roller about 5 times thus far with 1.5mm needles and I've noticed:
1. Spider vein on my chin is fading (less noticeable),
2. Puppet lines are softening and are not as deep as they used to be,
3. Pores are getting smaller and skin in that area is smoothing out.

These results have occurred in the past 6 weeks and I'm hoping that they will continue to improve over time. All in all, rolling has given me visible improvements. But I have to say, the actives I apply subsequent to rolling (CP, Vit C, ABH serum and JB Alphaderma CE) have also played a part.
Beehive
5% products discount

Mon May 26, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I had to join this forum after reading this thread. You all are wonderful for posting your experiences and research.

A couple questions if I may. Is anyone concerned about infection after rigorous rolling? Would applying Bacitracin right afterwards be a good idea?

Also, does anyone think that the appearance of hypopigmented white scars could be lessened by rolling? I have a couple of really nasty looking ones under my nose from a dermabrasion that went too deep years ago. I have a hard time covering them up.

Thanks again for this enlightening thread! I'm excited to try it.

Holly
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:

I do think there have been more posts with positive feedback than just one person. There is more than one thread at EDS on dermarollers. We have gone the gamut from the beginning when some people freaked out about the .25mm Leaf & Rusher original to people going for the BIG ROLLL.

And, there is a thread:
Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=373087#373087

Unfortunately some of our most adventurous dermarollers are no longer posting on EDS. I have not heard ONE report of insufferable injury. The most I heard was too vigorous rolling leading to a scratch on the skin caused by the side of the roller hitting the skin (not the actual needle) because the person pushed so deeply and this probably wasn't the higher quality Dr. Roller or dermaroller.us ones..

I have only the .25mm L&R but am soon to bump up to larger. I can report that the .25mm does work to increase topical penetration!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Beehive wrote:
A couple questions if I may. Is anyone concerned about infection after rigorous rolling? Would applying Bacitracin right afterwards be a good idea?

Holly, I apply the Bactine Pain Relieving Cleansing Spray before and after using my .5mm. It helps numb my skin a bit and kills germs, so I figured it is a win-win. Smile

http://www.bactine.com/spray.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
I studied all topics about DermaRoller here on EDS Forums. Sometimes I was so excited that I was ready to place the order for one. However, from experience of the past, I've decided to learn the issue before buying next gadget.

So, the bottom line - in all threads about DermaRoller I did not see anything about result achieved. Only expectations.

I searched around the internet too. But didn't find the actual reviews of actual result...

Did anybody here achieve anything? Or just injured himself in hope to get any result?

Tanya, I am not sure where you searched on the internet, but I was able to find numerous articiles showing significant results in clinical studies. I did not make the decision to do this until I researched it fully.

That research, combined with feedback/results from people like Keliu in this thread convinced me to give it a shot.

Maybe you should reread the thread...I know I had to read it twice in order to fully comprehend all the info presented before I made any judgements.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls!

I'm gonna read the thread again. Razz
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading the whole thread thoroughly and have to say that TanyaB has got a point, in my opinion. Keliu has obviously had great improvements, but I believe the expectations are more emphasized in this particular thread than the actual results.

I sent a PM to one of the most experienced "roller girls" who has been rolling for several months. She reported improvement in skin structure and some fine lines, but less improvement in scars.

I have ordered one 0,5 mm and 1.5 mm Dermaroller and will give the rolling a try, but my impression is that I will need the "big gun" to get results. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I believe I have written in this thread and others of the progress I have had from this procedure. My lip lines are much less than they were before I begun. You also have to realize that most of us here are new at this. I have only been rolling for approx. 6/7 weeks. I didn't roll this week. I will probably roll next week. I am pleased with the results. My pores are smaller and my lines around my mouth are much less.
That is positive.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I believe I have written in this thread and others of the progress I have had from this procedure. My lip lines are much less than they were before I begun. You also have to realize that most of us here are new at this. I have only been rolling for approx. 6/7 weeks. I didn't roll this week. I will probably roll next week. I am pleased with the results. My pores are smaller and my lines around my mouth are much less.
That is positive.

That sounds great. I hope to improve some fine lines and scars. Which needle size have you been using?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the 1.5. I am going to get a .5 for weekly use. The 1.5 puts me out of commission as far as facial treatments for approx 4/5 days. It is all so new. I am not really sure what actives to use with this. I use now Maxtrixyl 3000 and a cream and call it a night on the nights that I roll.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Well just in case I haven't been clear enough in my numerous raves about my love affair with the DR, here goes again.

I have been rolling since Feb 08 (4 months, or 16ish weeks, or 120ish days). Originally I was rolling many times a week as I beleived I had purchased a shorter needled roller. It was in fact the 1.5mm. I now roll weekly. I have never rolled what I would call intensely.

My results have been. Greatly dimished lip lines, softening of N/L lines, removal of all remaining pigmentation/melasma, general glow, improved tone and texture of skin. My right hand I rolled aggressively and intensely, now is free of all pigmentation, and leatherly texture is gone.

My chest has responded less well, and I am now targeting that and my very badly sun damaged back.

I would say my skin has improved dramatically since introducing the DR. I would say I saw the majority of these changes at around the 80day point. I wish I took before pics.

rebecca (dermaroller junkie).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I have also had improvement in my lip lines. When I wake up in the morning, I can't see them and I keep checking everyday to make sure it's true. I have noticed a little improvement with my under eye smile lines in the last couple of days. Rolling is the only thing I've changed in my skin care routine, so I'd say rolling is what is causing the improvement. Smile
I've rolled 6 times with the 1.5 each time a week apart.

The first two times I applied emu oil.
The next two I applied renova.
Then I tried vitamin c but for the last one, I went back to the renove. I felt like the renova was best.

I'm going to wait a couple of months and maybe try it again. I've also rolled my hands 3 times but have not seen a change there. So, I'm still hoping I'll see improvement like the pictures I've seen. For some reason, my hands stay swollen for a day or two and I feel like I use the same pressure as with my face. Maybe really thin skin there? Idea
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
This is great to hear all of you that have had improvement in lip lines. It seems to me that those that have had improvement in the lip lines have been using the 1.5, is this correct? Also, when you apply stuff afterwards, is this right after the roll or the next day?
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Bethany and others- Help! I have to admit I am scared. I know people are saying they are having such good results with the Dermaroller but I don't want to damage my skin long term.

It goes back to my theory about all the AHA's and peels we were all using and now finding out that all this exfoliation was not a good thing. It just thinned our skin out as we age. Our skin has a limited times of replication cyles. This is why I refuse to use Renova, Tazorac, RetinA strong Retinols. Bethany has heard me say I have a thin skinned noes to prove all the sun, AHAs, peels, dermabrasion it has gone through. I want to keep my skin at 55 vibrant, healthy and young looking but need to make sure this dermaroller is right for me.

So if I do buy the dermaroller I guess I should start with the 25mm? It says the .50mm besides helping skin absorb products helps build collagen. Any insight? Definitely not going bigger than this.

Who makes the best one on ebay or should I buy from Leaf Rusher since I know I am getting the real deal. The price tag is high on theirs. Thanks for all your help.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 and bodiukein - thank you for sharing your results. It's encouraging for me an the other women in the new generation of Rollergirls. I am anxiously awaiting my rollers to arrive.

platinumrose - from what I have read and heard from the experienced rollers, Dr Roller is one of the best on the market. I bought a 0.5 mm and a 1.5 mm from this website

www.dermarollers.com

It seems like you have to use at least 1.5 mm in order to improve collagen growth, skin thickness and scars. I will try the big one on my body first and hope to get the courage to move up to my face and eye area. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Bethany and others- Help! I have to admit I am scared. I know people are saying they are having such good results with the Dermaroller but I don't want to damage my skin long term.

It goes back to my theory about all the AHA's and peels we were all using and now finding out that all this exfoliation was not a good thing. It just thinned our skin out as we age. Our skin has a limited times of replication cyles. This is why I refuse to use Renova, Tazorac, RetinA strong Retinols. Bethany has heard me say I have a thin skinned noes to prove all the sun, AHAs, peels, dermabrasion it has gone through. I want to keep my skin at 55 vibrant, healthy and young looking but need to make sure this dermaroller is right for me.

So if I do buy the dermaroller I guess I should start with the 25mm? It says the .50mm besides helping skin absorb products helps build collagen. Any insight? Definitely not going bigger than this.

Who makes the best one on ebay or should I buy from Leaf Rusher since I know I am getting the real deal. The price tag is high on theirs. Thanks for all your help.

Platinum, Dr. Roller is making the L&R model, and we can get the same roller for a fraction of the price (see the "Discounted Dermaroller" thread.

My own experience with the .5mm is that it is still a bit painful, and I look pretty traumatized for at least 1 full day after using it. I plan on using that along with a 1.0mm for my deeper rolls, but I may very well move up to a 1.5mm if I don't see improvement. However, I do not have the acne scarring or deep wrinkles that require a deeper roller. NOTE: People that want to buy only one roller for collagen production, deeper wrinkles, etc. should probably go straight for the 1.5mm.

I am going to be using a .25mm roller 2 to 3x weekly, as Horst Liebl (on of the inventors) said that using a .3mm 2x a week for 2 to 3 months will increase your epidermal thickness by 30-40% in 2 to 3 months.

I also read that it will greatly increase your product penetration....I figure that I am paying $$$ for the products, so I may as well get the most out of them!

Tue May 27, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:

Hi platinumrose! Where did you find the information telling you that AHA and retin-a would thin your skin? BecauseI am using AHAs and retin-a and i am very happy with the results. I suffered from acne for more than 15 years of my life. I used TCA peel and benzone peroxide to get rid of ance. Sometimes Acne came back but then i used hormone therapy and now ance is my history. Still the remains of acne battle is ACNE SCARS which i tried everything but they didn't work. I was so hopeless then i found this thread. I bought the 1.5 mm derma roller. I've rolled three times so far. I notice that my face is so smooth but i don't see very much improvement of acne scars. maybe i should wait at least 40 days to see what happen. I am still using acream on one night and retin-a on the other night. But according to you, it would peel your skin and make it thinner!??? So i am little worried about it. Can you tell me where you find that information? Thank you
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've also been using Retin-A for over a year now and think it's the best thing I've ever used. It's my understanding that Vitamin A has been scientifically proven to be beneficial to the skin. As for thinning of the skin - thanks to the Dermaroller and Retin-A my skin has considerably thickened up.

To Platinumrose and others that are nervous of the skin needling process, I think there is allot of info on this thread to alley any fears you might have (thanks to all of Bethany's research). IMO, thinking about using the roller is far worse than actually using it. Once you've done it once, you're hooked. So to those that are sitting on the fence, I would urge you to give it a try - if it's not for you, then you're only out of pocket $80 or so. If you do like it, you'll reap the benefit for years to come.

Platinumrose - my skin is 58 years old. For most of its life its inhaled nicotine, been sodden with alcohol and been grilled to a crisp in the midday sun! Thanks to the Dermaroller I am gradually undoing all that damage (and at 58 that's really something). However, you do have to be committed, it doesn't happen overnight.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
my skin is 58 years old. For most of its life its inhaled nicotine, been sodden with alcohol and been grilled to a crisp in the midday sun! Thanks to the Dermaroller I am gradually undoing all that damage (and at 58 that's really something). However, you do have to be committed, it doesn't happen overnight.

I'm younger than you, but the lifestyle choices are similar. I'll tell you the truth I'm scared to death of the roller, and really don't think I'd be able to bare it.

I'm using an LED since December, and it has slowly but surely been reversing the damage I had. I'm also surprised that it has actually tightened my skin + jowls altogether.

So here's my questions; What would the derma rolling do, that the LED isn't doing already? Would it just be faster results? And for those using an LED and derma roller, how can you be sure what is doing what?

I'd hate to go through the pain, unless I could expect exceptional results...(Truth is, I really am a wuss!!)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
To Platinumrose and others that are nervous of the skin needling process, I think there is allot of info on this thread to alley any fears you might have (thanks to all of Bethany's research). IMO, thinking about using the roller is far worse than actually using it. Once you've done it once, you're hooked. So to those that are sitting on the fence, I would urge you to give it a try - if it's not for you, then you're only out of pocket $80 or so. If you do like it, you'll reap the benefit for years to come.

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. It was less intimidating once I got going. And the ability to greatly improve your skin (and the process itself, lol) is very addictive.

Granted, I am a newbie and my view could change down the road. But the clinicals got my attention, and I am hoping for some great results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I'm using an LED since December, and it has slowly but surely been reversing the damage I had. I'm also surprised that it has actually tightened my skin + jowls altogether.

So here's my questions; What would the derma rolling do, that the LED isn't doing already? Would it just be faster results? And for those using an LED and derma roller, how can you be sure what is doing what?

I certainly wouldn't be able to tell you what changes are attributed to what changes, because I have made WAY too many changes in a short period of time. But other people have been more consistent/structured, and have seen strong results with both LEDs and rolling (meaning not necessarily combined).

As far as LED vs. dermarolling, I am not aware of any clinical studies that show that LED has the capability to generate the level of new collagen that dermarolling has been proven to do.

But at the same time, not everyone needs the same level of rejuventation, and LED only will definitely work for some people.

Tue May 27, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
HI Girls!

I feel like i know you already, although I am just now joining. I've read the entire thread, it took me a few evenings.

I received my 0.5 on Saturday. I tried it without anesthetic and it HURT!

So last night (Monday) I used the topical that I use for botox and that helped a lot. This morning I was somewhat swollen but it looked pretty good! Like I got some sun, and of course younger since I was slightly swollen.

I ordered a 1.5 from Nova in Australia but they sent the wrong one (received today), its a 1.0. Im thinking of keeping it too, while they send the 1.5. I think I may need to "work up" to the 1.5 and the 1.0 will be the next step from the 0.5.

A little about me and what Im looking for - I'm 46 and the mother of three teens. I have had pretty good lifestyle habits - no smoking, no deliberate sun worshiping since I was a teen, but I do live in Florida so I get some sun just by virtue of the fact that I live here. I especially have sun spots on my forarms.

I am looking to hold off the "sagging' that I am starting to get on my jowls, and basic prevention of aging signs.

I would also like to see some skin thickening, especially on my hands and arms as I am quite thin and there just isnt any fat there. My kids say I have "grandma hands" (Sweet, huh?).

I am also starting to get some "wings" on my upper arms, and I want to nip that early. My mom says "once the arms go...", and since I live in Florida and we wear strapless tops all the time, I want to make an effort to keep my arms young-looking as long as possible.

So far as rolling effort, I will probably take the conservative route and not bloody myself up too much (some of those site pic out there are SCARY!) but look at this as a long-term solution.

Just doing the rolling last night with the 0.5, I see temporary improvement in my hands. I know its only temporary from the swelling (I know permanent results can take a year), but what a nice option to have before a special occasion!

This morning, after doing my face last night with the 0.5, I just looked like I went to the beach the day before and got some sun. It actually looked pretty good. I had to use the anesthetic cream for rolling though, even for the 0.5.

Tonight I will try the 1.0 on my hands and arms. My face is still too sore.

I plan to work up to the more intense rolling as I can tolerate it. Your posts have made me confident that I will "toughen up".

I've really enjoyed all your posts and will be reading them regularly and contributing as I can!

FloridaUSA
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany!

I'm going to keep watching this thread while I'm trying to build up the nerve... Shock

Could you please tell me what is the smallest size needles that can be used to stimulate collagen production?

In one place I saw .5 (which made me happy), but then elsewhere I saw it had to be 1.5

My main areas of concern are lines above my lip, and some crepiness on my lower neck.

Thanks again for all your wonderful input!

Krista
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |