Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

attention younger members with hormonal stuff
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
My son is 10 and starting to have some pre-teen stuff happening on his nose. Once in a while a pimple but not bad. Just clogged pores and blackheads. Actually every pore is clogged. I think I have given him cleansers that are too strong and he sweats in gym and I maybe the stuff is getting trapped.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys have a favorite cleanser. How about the oily ones? I have been using Salicylic acid stuff and after reading these posts I started thinking maybe I am barking up the wrong tree for hormonal stuff and that I should be thinking oil to clean the pores.
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I can't give any great advice, since it has been a while for me and the hormonal skin.

From what I recall from my acne ridden youth, though, the first thing the dermatologist did was switch me to a non-irritating cleaner, specifically Cetaphil, which I still use to this day. I would then recommend using some product to help clear his clogged pores, like BHA.
Maybe Paula's Choice BHA lotion:
http://www.epinions.com/content_93844049540

I can't really speak much about oils, since they aren't currently part of my skin care routine, but I personally feel the amount of experimentation that goes into finding the oils that work just right for your skin is a bit much for a 10 year old, or, more correctly, for you to try to assess for him. It would be best to start with the basics, before kicking it up a notch.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi -

We used to use Cetaphil and then the Derm suggested Neutragena with Salicylic Acid and then that was not working so I started him on some Chirally correct stuff. I alternate, one is mild and one has Salicylic Acid in it. They are good. I use them myself and they are not harsh. I have done a few aspirin masks and perhaps I need to do more. The best is to steam but he does not like that. He still likes to take baths and that could be part of the problem. Most kids his age take showers and the steaming in the shower probably clears out pores. I fear it is his diet. He eats lots of good stuff - tons of greens and whole grains too, but too much bad. It will only get worse too. Maybe as he gets older he will start caring more and then maybe he will cut out some of the sugar. Girls are so much easier I think when it comes to stuff like this. I did not know finding the right oil cleanser was such a process. Thanks for the warning.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Ilove Liz Earle Clenase and Polish. I have been using it since i was 14. It is a brilliant cleanser, most cleansers don't suit my skin as i want something to get rid of spots without drying out my skin or making it oilier, most that were for oily skin dried my face out but then made my skin produce more oil and made my t zone very oily. Liz earle can be used on all skin types, like i say i have been using it since i was 14 and still use it now, my mum also uses it and she is 47 and loves it. It is very natural and comes with a muslin cloth. It is similar in concept to eve lom cleanser but it doesn't cntain any mineral oils and is more of a thick cream texture rather then oily like eve lom. My skin has never been so soft but clean. The cloth helps to get rid of the dead skin cells so grease cannot build up and cause spots. I recommend it to anyone. Try looking onwww.lizearle.com
Hope this helps
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I have never heard of this stuff but I have read of people using the muslin cloth so maybe that was with this. Did you have any clogged tiny pores or blackheads? Did it get rid of these?

I just checked out the site and one more question. Do you find the botanical stuff to be strong? He has allergies to pollen and trees and I know that I can't handle Jurlique because of the flowers and botanicals in it. Wonder if you have any opinions about that? Also, the deep cleansing mask looks great. Ever try it?
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
why not try CETAPHIL Daily Facial Cleanser
, many dermatologists recommend this products.
seattlegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have an almost 10 year old boy too, and noticed the some clogged pores between his eyebrows and some on his nose.

He washes his face with J &J head to toe wash (same ingredients as purpose); I used some of my La Roche Posay Effclar K on him, and it cleared up in 3 days.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
we used Cetaphil first and that did not do the trick but we still often have him use on rest of face. Need to just target the nose with something else.

I used Haushka cream on him this morning and he looked better. Still not sure it would get to the deeper stuff that has been in there a few years. Just strange because the rest of his skin is flawless and we are meticulous about his skin. It could be from sweating in sports and not washing off. He has fast metabolism and gets hot.

Great reviews on that La Roche stuff!
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I find them to be very gentle, the prodcuts can be used on new born babies so are very gentle. the spot on is a good product as it helps to heal spots. The deep cleansing mask is very good. It has a dark grey colour to it so you look like some monster from a swamp but it is very good.
The try me kits are very good for trying the range for the first time if you don't want to buy the full sizes just incase.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I saw the try me thing.

The young woman I spoke to there was in her early 20's and she said it totally cleaned out blackheads that she has had since her teens!

So you don't think the botanical smells are strong?
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
The smell of the products is a natural smell. It is not a smell that most cheap products smell like (ie no smell) You can smell that the products have natural ingredients in them but they are not over the top. They are like decleor smells if you have tried them.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
How about SpectroJel?
http://www.spectroskincare.com/productjel.shtml

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |