Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

how old were u when u got ur 1st grey hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
im not old enough to get grey hairs (21), but iv found a few...kinda worried about it but then, i know a few other people who has them.
whats the average age to get them???

i read that people are getting grey hairs cos of eating so much processed food and watching too much tv/computer...?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
when i'm 15 or 16, i have the 1st grey hairs.
I think when a person think too much, which will lead to get grey hairs
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I never had grey hair. I went straight to white. The last couple of years...strands of white hair kept popping up. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I had my first grey hair in my early teens too.. Too much stress can lead to grey hairs.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was 18 when I saw my first grey hair. Sad I told a friend of mine and she said, "...don't stress about it." Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I started seeing them when I was 32.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I hope never! but that just wishful thinking. Both of my parents greyed hair at pretty early age so things are not looking good for me although at age 30 I still don't have any yet.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I got my 1st grey hair when I was 42. I pulled it and kept it in my "treasure box".

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I saw my first one at age 23. Startled me a bit Shock , but then I didn't see any more until late 30s, so panic was able to subside. Now I just keep a tube of Jazzing color handy.... Laughing
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think my first was probably around 33 - 34. At 38, every year there seems to be another one, but nothing major. I have to admit, if I see one in my hair part and it's too obvious in my regrowth (I colour my hair), I pluck it out!
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I got my 1st grey hair when I was 42. I pulled it and kept it in my "treasure box".

so envy! 42 1st grey hair
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was in my mid-20's. 10 years later and I still only have the odd one if I look real close. Don't worry about it yet, because it probably won't get any worse over the next few years.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I was 15 when I saw my first four grey hairs. Sad
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I was 17-18? when I found one white hair. After which I plucked it out and there were no more white hairs till now thank god! It happened to my friends too and that was the year of the A-level college examinations so yeah I think stress is the major factor!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I was about 14 when I got my first white hair- of course I plucked it out.

I only got about 5-10 of them until I was 19, then they came out with a vengence. I'm only 30, but I am about 40% white now.

I need to do a root touch up every 2 weeks and then a full fledged color every 3 weeks- it is sooo time consuming.

I think stress and genetics are the main factors for getting grey early. I am a total stress pot and have been ever since I was a little kid.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed the other day I had a few thick strands of white hair! (I'm 23 yo btw) Sad But I guess it's because I'v been stressing so much lately...at least I hope that's what it is. Confused
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I was about 20. I think the age that you get grey hairs really depends on genetics, not stress. I think that's an old wive's tale, otherwise I would be a silver fox by now! Razz

Every woman in my familyy started to get them pretty early in life.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I found this link about what causes grey hair from the Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gray-hair/AN00310

Gray hair is typically a result of natural aging. Pigment in the hair shaft comes from special cells at the root (base) of the hair. These cells are genetically programmed to make a certain amount of pigment (melanin) at specific ages. At some point in the aging process, these cells make less and less pigment until the hair has very little pigment. White hair has no pigment, and gray hair has some but not as much as a red, black or brown hair.

Not all hairs respond in the same way or at the same time. So the graying process usually is gradual. You can't prevent graying. Some people start graying in their 30s, and some not until their 60s. Genetics likely play a strong role in graying.

People rarely go gray overnight. If they do, it's typically due to alopecia areata. This condition causes the thicker, darker hairs to stop growing before it affects the growth of gray hairs — giving the impression of graying overnight. Alopecia areata eventually causes roundish patches of hair loss or complete loss of hair on the head or body. Its cause isn't known.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Of course, I am also finding sites with this:
http://living.oneindia.in/beauty/hair-care/grey-hair.html

Physical or mental stress, malnutrition and constant worrying are some of the causes for premature greying. Apart from all this, genetics play an important role in hair greying. If your parents or your grandparents were victims of premature hair greying there are ample chances for your hair to go grey prematurely.

Washing hair in hot water, drying hair using an electric dryer and an unclean scalp can also cause premature greying.

Hmmmmmmm hmm Who to believe?

Sorry, I'm really anal retentive.... Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I am 37 and still yet [thankfully] to see one!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I was 40....i'm going to be 43 this year and the silver strands are blooming like dandelions...Sadly, i've recently noticed wiry grey hairs sprouting out of my eyebrows..and they are not short!! They are longer than the others!! I'm afraid that i'm starting to look like Colonel Sanders! Shock
pudoodles
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
Of course, I am also finding sites with this:
http://living.oneindia.in/beauty/hair-care/grey-hair.html

Physical or mental stress, malnutrition and constant worrying are some of the causes for premature greying. Apart from all this, genetics play an important role in hair greying. If your parents or your grandparents were victims of premature hair greying there are ample chances for your hair to go grey prematurely.

Washing hair in hot water, drying hair using an electric dryer and an unclean scalp can also cause premature greying.

Hmmmmmmm hmm Who to believe?

Sorry, I'm really anal retentive.... Laughing

OMG!!! I have all of those warnings...My mom and uncle were grey prematrely, I wash my hair in hot water and I blow dry my hair, and oh by the way, I stress out alot. (sigh)....
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I probably noticed my first gray in my late thirties (so long ago I can't remember Bad Grin ). Usually the darker your hair the sooner you notice grays. Some of my friends with nearly black hair were very gray in their early forties.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |