Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Neck care -
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been lurking for awhile now but don't post much.

I'm 52 and have been blessed with good genes in terms of my face, but my NECK look like it belongs elsewhere!!!

In any event, I know that while surgery is really the only way to get rid of this wattle, there must be a way to care for it! I use most of my normal face routine on my neck (Rosehip Seed Cleanser, Super CP serum, and emu oil/HA, but stop short of Green Cream. I find my neck can't even tolerate level 3.

What do all your middle aged lovelies do for the skin on your neck? Any miracle cures? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
If you can't tolerate Green Cream perhaps you should try Avene retrinal? It's stronger but less harsh on your skin. You can pick up at CVS or CVS online, or through Tubotica (from Spain).

DMAE is also for firming/tightening.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response! I do use PSF's DMAE and will check out the Avene retrinal for my neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know the percentage of PSF DMAE but I've tried SAS and a couple of other brands (really having senior moments today).

Anyway, I just ordered my 2nd refill of 6% DMAE from Candy (candessence.com). It's the only one I've tried that sinks in and doesn't ball up.

I use Candessence 6% DMAE, Triple C (antioxidant)
Skinbio's Super CP serum
Avene Ystheal cream (0.05% retinaldehyde)
Avene Diacnel on oily areas (.1% retinaldehyde + 6% glycolic acid)

I have Green Cream level 9 but the ethanol often makes my skin peel ... just trying to use it up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
i m in my mid 20s but i have notice the lines on my neck. its quite deep-set of lines Sad is there any cream that i can apply to lighten the lines?

can i apply my normal moisturizer or eye-cream onto my neck as well?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Rjez,

Do you use the .05 on your neck? I'm thinking of trying their .25 on my neck. I use GC 6 on my face quite well and will bump it up to level 9 when I can. I USED to use level 9 and then just went to RAM .1 BIG mistake!!! My skin really does better with the GC!

Glad you found things that work for you. Our routines are pretty similar. When do you put on the DMAE? Do you put it on first after cleansing? I'm still trying to figure out what's the best timing etc. for the various things I use. I ALSO love being as efficient as possible! Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
The Gatineau one is supposed to be fabulous. I cannot really comment personally as i am only 19 but i am thinking of starting to use a neck cream as i like to think that prevention is better then cure so when i do decide to buy one i am going to go with the gatineau one. They praise it a lot on qvc uk
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Hi,

I've been lurking for awhile now but don't post much.

I'm 52 and have been blessed with good genes in terms of my face, but my NECK look like it belongs elsewhere!!!

In any event, I know that while surgery is really the only way to get rid of this wattle, there must be a way to care for it! I use most of my normal face routine on my neck (Rosehip Seed Cleanser, Super CP serum, and emu oil/HA, but stop short of Green Cream. I find my neck can't even tolerate level 3.

What do all your middle aged lovelies do for the skin on your neck? Any miracle cures? Shock

Hi 4sons,

Do you think your neck is responding to the Super CP serum? Could it be a part of the "uglies"?
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
i m in my mid 20s but i have notice the lines on my neck. its quite deep-set of lines Sad is there any cream that i can apply to lighten the lines?

can i apply my normal moisturizer or eye-cream onto my neck as well?

I just apply my normal moisturizer for face and neck!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi 4sons,

Do you think your neck is responding to the Super CP serum? Could it be a part of the "uglies"?

I wish ... Sad

I've used CPs for well over a year now and I think the CP induced uglies are past. I just have a flabby neck! Thank you, former generations! LOL Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl ~ but somehow, the moisturizer that i am using for my face doesnt seems to help in lightening the marks for my neck. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
wickawer wrote:
The Gatineau one is supposed to be fabulous. I cannot really comment personally as i am only 19 but i am thinking of starting to use a neck cream as i like to think that prevention is better then cure so when i do decide to buy one i am going to go with the gatineau one. They praise it a lot on qvc uk

Wickawer, its a good idea to at least use something you think will work. I say this because I have a friend who is in her mid-40s, who was religious about applying neck cream starting when she was in her 20s, and she has NO LINES on her neck AT ALL! She has had a full face lift (way too prematurely as far I was concerned!), but the doctor didn't even need to go near her neck because it still looks like she's in her 20s! Her experience speaks loads for prevention. Its one of those things that you won't really notice the improvement or prevention until you hit your 40s I guess and can compare yourself to your friends.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I've never ever ever used anything on my neck, because anything I used would break me out. Neck spots! Eugh!

And my neck looked great till just this last year, and I'm, 47. I think aging doesnt happen on the neck untill about my age. Could others chime in on this? Am I getting it early because of all these years of no neck cream?

I think I'd like to make a hydrating DMAE cream for my neck - anyone done this?

I do put cp serum on my neck at night when I do my face, but I hadnt thought of using eluage on my neck...?
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I've never ever ever used anything on my neck, because anything I used would break me out. Neck spots! Eugh!

And my neck looked great till just this last year, and I'm, 47. I think aging doesnt happen on the neck untill about my age. Could others chime in on this? Am I getting it early because of all these years of no neck cream?

I think I'd like to make a hydrating DMAE cream for my neck - anyone done this?

I do put cp serum on my neck at night when I do my face, but I hadnt thought of using eluage on my neck...?

My neck just fell apart as well. Literally one year it was FINE and the neck? Disaster. I do get a lymph drainage massage w/my facials every other month. Apparently by 52 (at least) the old drainage system isn't what it used to be. SUPPOSEDLY this type of massage will help things look younger, but I'm starting to believe the only thing that will REALLY do the trick is surgery (which ain't happenin' any time soon!). My neck isn't wrinkled. It's sagging. Yes, I am living proof that gravity happens. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi 4sons,

I wish ... Sad

I've used CPs for well over a year now and I think the CP induced uglies are past. I just have a flabby neck! Thank you, former generations! LOL Embarassed

4sons,

I never got past the uglies.I can only use the cp serum for a couple of times a week, then I'd have to stop because things just started looking worse.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm 53yo so I can relate. I have some neck rings-mild compared to what I have seen on other women my age or youger. I've been using IFeelPretty's DMAE mist and spray it on my hand and apply, then spray my chest. I also use a mix of seabuckthorn and rosehip seed oil afterwards-a few drops each, it doesn't take much. Truly I think that this has helped but after a certain point the only thing that really helps is a neck lift. Good luck.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Check this out ... this is soooooooo tempting to my 52 yr. old neck.

But not my single mom wallet!!

http://www.quickliftmd.com/doctorbio.cfm?providerid=6&practiceid=2111&zip=&searchtype=mapmw

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Check this out ... this is soooooooo tempting to my 52 yr. old neck.

But not my single mom wallet!!

http://www.quickliftmd.com/doctorbio.cfm?providerid=6&practiceid=2111&zip=&searchtype=mapmw

Yup, that's just what I need and now wouldn't be soon enough. Nice before/after pictures. Does anyone live in Wisconsin, I will need a place to recouperate?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo ...

Sooooooooooo good to see you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

My brother lives there ... I'm going to save my bucks and beg him for a "vacation" at his house! But then I suppose I'd have to tell him what I'm doing!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Frodo ...

Sooooooooooo good to see you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

My brother lives there ... I'm going to save my bucks and beg him for a "vacation" at his house! But then I suppose I'd have to tell him what I'm doing!!!

Maybe we could schedule appointments back to back and then heal together. I'll be glad to pay him rent. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I use Ice Elements serum and Carole Maggio facial exercises.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
4sons - Yup, I use .05 on my neck (and eyes). I have the one specific for the eyes but Avene Ystheal is so gentle, I pretty much use the cream everywhere.

Green Cream has ethanol and is one chemical transformation process further away than retinaldehyde. Hence, it's more irritating and has less retinol than Ystheal.

In the mornings I use C serum after cleansing, then DMAE, then moisturizer.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone Smile
After reading about Avene and it's mild properties, I went online and this is what I found:
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=238748&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?page=3^Query=avene^ActiveCat=65^startLink=1
Rjez, is this the product you are using? I've noticed it's a lotion and from what I understood it's for the body. Can I still use it on my face and neck?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
4sons - Yup, I use .05 on my neck (and eyes). I have the one specific for the eyes but Avene Ystheal is so gentle, I pretty much use the cream everywhere.

Green Cream has ethanol and is one chemical transformation process further away than retinaldehyde. Hence, it's more irritating and has less retinol than Ystheal.

In the mornings I use C serum after cleansing, then DMAE, then moisturizer.

HTH

Wow ... thanks for getting back to me! Green Cream does make my skin more sensitive to other actives. I think I'm having trouble with the PSF DMAE and Vitamin C because of that! I use both the DMAE and the Vitamin C on my neck with NO problems and it's more sensitive than my face! So the Green Cream must be making me more sensitive.

Do you use PSF's DMAE?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the neck cream from Clarins? I heard it has pretty good results on some people's neck.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |