Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Does your bf check out or look at girls on the street?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Like what the question implied. Does he look at girls on the street, in the mall, in a restaurant, or anywhere when you are with him? Of course not just any girls but girls that dress kinda less or that look kinda pretty. How will u feel if he does? And what will u do?
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:34 am      Reply with quote
My boy doesn't look at other girls when he's with me coz he knows that would annoy me Smile He only does do that when he's 'with the lads' coz that what boys do isnt it? Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't think my boyfriend is really attracted to any girl other than me...yes, a very rare breed, I know! He doesn't even look anymore. I like being a goddess Laughing

(Of course, I am also a very tempermental young woman, which he knows!!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
My husband probably looks at other women. I don't notice it when we're out, but then again maybe he's sly about it.
Honestly I don't care all that much. We've been together 8 years and I know he's dedicated.
Besides...I can appreciate a gorgeous guy when I see him. What's the difference?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
He doesn't.. but I do! Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, double post.. I do look at girls everytime I see an attractive girl and my hubby would get mad at me.. Rolling Eyes Sometimes I would like to hear his opinions..
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I think I look at gorgeous men and women more often than my SO. And I always ask him what he thinks of them...and being a smart guy...he always say...neh...not my type....

Haha... Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
He doesn't.. but I do! Very Happy
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
me too!
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
My husband doesn't look at other girls on the street, mall, etc. Even before he was my husband he never did that. That makes me feel good knowing how much he respects me. Smile

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I don't think that looking at other men/women is disrespectful to a partner. It crosses into disrespect if they sit there gawking or "oh my GAWD he's/she's hawt!" or a whole host of other things (flirting, pursuing, etc.)

But just noticing or looking is natural and has nothing to do, in my opinion, on respect. I don't disrespect my husband when I notice another guy, whether we are together or not...or if I go see the movie 300 eight times. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Its natural to be drawn to good looks and that's why we love or love to hate celebrities.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Me and SO like looking at beautiful people together. We don't gawk but enjoy discussing the features that make them beautiful. I guess we're both secure in the relationship so we don't really mind each other checking out the opposite sex.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Like what the question implied. Does he look at girls on the street, in the mall, in a restaurant, or anywhere when you are with him? Of course not just any girls but girls that dress kinda less or that look kinda pretty. How will u feel if he does? And what will u do?

My bf seems pretty oblivious to other girls on the street. He's not flirtatious by nature. However, sometimes I did notice he looked at a cute girl but tried to hide it from me. I'd say he's only doing it about 5% of the time. If I noticed him checking someone out, I might say, "Yeah, she's cute!" but other times, I just let it slide. I can't help but feel a tad jealous but push it aside quickly because I know he loves me. Sometimes it's hard not to notice others especially if they're attractive. I notice cute guys, too, but that doesn't mean I'd want to go out with them.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
boys are boys, if a sexy girl walks by, or a girl that looks and dresses like carmen electra walks by... they are going to look. Maybe not "stare" but they will catch a glimpse while your not looking at him. I'd question his sexuality if the guy wasn't looking! Just as long as your boyfriend respects you and won't comment on how big the girls chest is or if your boyfriend doesnt stare and drool while a sexy girl walks by, then your good. You know your boyfriend is going to come home w/ you. My ex boyfriend wouldn't stare at girls and he would respect me when he is out in public w/ me. But i'd catch him sometimes taking glimpses at beautiful women (as would i when i see attractive men or women) i think it's part of nature.. as humans, we are attracted to beautiful looking things.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed that we all luv beautiful things and will look too. It's hard to avoid. I mean I look at attractive guys too. But sometimes when u catch a glimpse of your bf looking at other girls, I can't help having this uncomfortable feeling. I guess it's normal.
havana8

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
him? nope. me? definitely, Laughing which does annoy him somewhat. however, as I tell him, it makes me happy to see an attractive or well-put together woman. in some weird way, I feel a sense of pride or kinship, as in "she really looks great!" or "she's got a good sense of style" or "she's quite individualistic" or "wow! it's interesting to see what she's done with that..." etc.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I don't think that looking at other men/women is disrespectful to a partner. It crosses into disrespect if they sit there gawking or "oh my GAWD he's/she's hawt!" or a whole host of other things (flirting, pursuing, etc.)

But just noticing or looking is natural and has nothing to do, in my opinion, on respect. I don't disrespect my husband when I notice another guy, whether we are together or not...or if I go see the movie 300 eight times. Laughing

I totally agree with all you said, ParisTroika! My hubby and I have been together many years, and we both know we can trust each other. So, each of us noticing and appreciating good looking people (sans gawking and making stupid comments) is not a problem for me!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
My husband certainly looks but he does it in such a way you would never know it. I asked him how he does it without me noticing and he said he just spots them from a long distance away so he can look without moving his head. By the time they get closer, he's done. Very talented man he is Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
My husband certainly looks but he does it in such a way you would never know it. I asked him how he does it without me noticing and he said he just spots them from a long distance away so he can look without moving his head. By the time they get closer, he's done. Very talented man he is Laughing

My SO has refined that technique too! Too bad i've outsmarted him and catch him everytime!!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
I don't think my boyfriend is really attracted to any girl other than me...yes, a very rare breed, I know! He doesn't even look anymore. I like being a goddess Laughing

Is this the one who wanted to "walk around the table" with you!?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
i see guys w/ gf's or wives checking me out as well, sometimes i get winks or big grins from them (which makes me feel disgusted).
But if you and your bf have a good and trusting relationship, you have nothing to worry about.
I am a straight woman, but when i see attractive females I tend to look as well, more like "wow, that girl is pretty" or "she has nice skin or hair"
I'd catch my ex boyfriend taking glimpses of attractive women sometimes, and it'd be a lie if i was 100% not bothered by it. Ofcourse it does something to a girl's self esteem if your boyfriend looks at other attractive girls (some that look nothing like yourself). But you just have to build up your confidence and shrug it off.. because realy, it is no big deal
skincarefan
5% products discount

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I do it more often then my bf, everytime I pass a comment he would have to search for the girl but of course by that time it's too late! Very Happy
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
i think its normal for human to want to take a 2nd look at anything that is beautiful! Laughing i am also a 100% straight.

i do take a 2nd look at beautiful ladies and of cause charming hunks. i am absolutely fine with my SO looking at beautiful women. but he must strictly *keep-his-hand-to-himself* Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:

Freva, mine is the same way. I don't think I could have married him if he weren't! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I know my bf and I check other guys and gals out all the time. I don't hide it and don't expect him to. It used to bother me from time to time years ago, but no so anymore.

In fact, I find it funny because (in the case of an unflattering looking individual), we are usually on the same page. And in those cases, we just giggle to ourselves and don't usually have to say anything to each other.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |