Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
what to eat for better looking skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
To prevent pimples, wrinkles and flush away unwanted bacteria that causes UTI's etc. eat berries (any types of berries are good, blueberries, strawberries, cranberries etc) They are antioxidants which fight off unwanted substances in your body that causes zits and wrinkles.

If you are losing tons of hair (more than usual) it can be due to hormones or you may not be getting enough Vitamin D in your body. Daily doses of vitamin D supplements should do the trick.

Suffer from really cold hands and feet constantly? It may be due to drinking too much caffeine, whether it be soda's or coffee. Since caffeine restricts proper blood flow

Do you bruise really easily? Eat more fruits that contain vitamin C such as grapefruit or oranges.

If you want skin that glows and want to get rid of your dry skin and wrinkles, eat foods high in fatty acids such as salmon and nuts. They help boost skin's elasticity and naturally moisturizes the skin.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
it's very useful!
i have save this article!
thanks for your sharing!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
One of the most important things missing here is water. Part of everyday diet.
seattlegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Let me add green tea to the list.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have to eat organic berries, fruits and nuts?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
well these are just some studies that show what certain foods and vitamins do for your skin and body. Yes drinking water is essential for the body as well.

Drinking plenty of water will help you lose weight, clear up your skin, help you digest food properly etc. etc.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
What about salmon/fish for those EFAs? That'll give you nice skin too. Plus its brain food Smile
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
green tea is great. I haven't really thought about berries, fruits are good for my skin.
Water is so hard to drink. How much should we drink?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
8 glasses a day is recommended. Yes water may be hard to drink for many people because most of us live a busy lifestyle, it's hard to keep drinking water all the time. But yes, 8 glasses of water is recommended. Helps lose weight because we pee out fat and all unwanted substances/toxins in our bodies.

You don't have to eat a lot of berries, since fruits like berries contain a lot of sugar eating tons of berries isn't good for you either. Just in moderation. Berries are good to take out those toxins in our bodies that cause zits and other things
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
From almonds to yogurt, Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., New York Times award-winning author of The Fat Flush Plan, Before the Change, and The Fast Track ONE-DAY Detox Diet, shares her advice on the best cuisine for a great complexion.

1. FLAXSEED OIL. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which increase cell resilience and misten the fatty layer beneath the skin, this oil acts as an internal moisturizer, helping to keep your skin hydrated. Recommendation: Eat 1 to 2 tablespoons a day in no-heat recipes. Try mixing it with a little lemon and garlic for a tasty salad dressing.

2. APPLE. Packed full of fiber and pectin, apples aid digestion and limit the amount of fat absorbed by the body. Recommendation: Eat an organic apple a day, including the peel, which contains quercetin, a potent antioxidant flavonoid that reduces inflammation, redness and skin sensitivity.

3. EGG. The yolks are a great source of skin-nourishing antioxidants. They also contain sulfur, a beautifying vitamin that helps clean the liver, clear the skin, and make it more vibrant. Recommendation: Eat on to two organic eggs a day.

4. SALMON. This source of omega-3 fatty acids reduces moisture loss and helps alleviate dry, itchy skin. Recommendation: Eat at least two servings of 3 and a half to 4 ounces of wild Alaskan salmon a week.

5. CRANBERRY. This flavonoid-rich fruit tonifies blood vessels and helps reduce the redness associated with rosacea. Recommendation: Drink 1 ounce of unsweetened cranberry juice combined with 7 ounces of water one to two times a day.

6. LEMON. With four times more vitamin C than oranges, this citrus fruit helps your body detox by supporting your liver and kidneys. The cleaner your system is, the clearer your complexion will be. Recommendation: Mix the juice of half of a lemon (or lime) with water, and drink once in the morning and once at night.

7. YOGURT. The probiotics in this dairy product ward off pathogens and yeast in the gut and prevent blemishes from popping out. Recommendation: Eat up to a cup a day of plain, unsweetened yogurt with active live cultures, or use as a base for a vegetable dip.

8. ALMOND. This little nut delivers a hefty dose of magnesium, a calming agent for skin and body. By reducing irritability, anxiety, and fatigue, magnesium will likely make you feel better and may even put a smile on your face. Recommendation: Carry almonds around with you for a quick snack. Eat about seven to 10 a day.

9. OLIVE OIL. A great lubricant for the body inside and out, olive oil is world-renowned for its healing properties. Antioxidants help the skin stay supple and fresh looking. Recommendation: Choose extra-virgin olive oil, the greener the better. Have a tablespoon a day, added to your cooking or in salad dressing.

10. SWEET POTATOES. Full of skin-promoting vitamin C, which boosts collagen production, and beta-carotene, the precursor to vitamin A, which nourishes the fat beneath the skin, this delicious vegetable isn't just for holidays anymore. Recommendation: Eat one to two sweet potatoes a week with cinnamon, or make sweet-potato chips for a snack.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
there are "scientific" studies that show eating crisps, sugary and fatty fried foods does not cause spots...but for me THEY DO! what i dont get is how it can be scientifically supported, cos according to the chinese doctors those foods are a major cause of spots.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
what do u mean by spots? you mean zits?
If you eat very little fried foods, you shouldnt see any changes to your skin, but if you eat a lot of fried foods, it can not be good for the skin.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
There's a thread similar to this here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=234905&highlight=#234905

Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
what do u mean by spots? you mean zits?
If you eat very little fried foods, you shouldnt see any changes to your skin, but if you eat a lot of fried foods, it can not be good for the skin.

hey BCgirl,
yeah, spots=zits=pimples.... oh sometimes i can eat 6 crisps and i get them, with a sore throat too Mad ! i guess most of my family are like that too...but i LOVE all junk food Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
there are "scientific" studies that show eating crisps, sugary and fatty fried foods does not cause spots...but for me THEY DO! what i dont get is how it can be scientifically supported, cos according to the chinese doctors those foods are a major cause of spots.

I saw on the Tyra Banks show..someone said eating pizzas wouldn't break you out.. so I was like YAY, and was eating a lot of pizzas.. somehow it broke me out.. Crying or Very sad
Linda101
5% products discount

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in high school, I had very bad skin. The family doctor wanted to put me on "the pill" and my mom flipped out. She made me eat an unpeeled raw carrot and apple everyday, and it worked. I'm not sure why, but it did and my mom was happy LOL
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

I saw on the Tyra Banks show..someone said eating pizzas wouldn't break you out.. so I was like YAY, and was eating a lot of pizzas.. somehow it broke me out.. Crying or Very sad

pizza too Mad dont know who to listen to!
at the moment im only eating "bad" foods as a rare special treat...and i guess it has made my skin a lot calmer

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Water
NO sugar, little dairy, little caffeine
Lots of fish (salmon)
Lots of veggies

When I went to Italy last month, we had cheese, pasta, coffee, and lots of pastries! I had a lot of acne the WHOLE TRIP! When I came back home, it was back to the list above, and I am acne free again.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
But it's kind of funny how many of those day to consume 'x' daily. Because I'm so anal I'm already wondering how to do each of those everyday and I have images of my pocket pc beeping every hour to tell me I need to pop up to go take scarf something else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've cut out sugar, caffeine and carbs where I can , and my hormonal acne has taken a turn for the better. I'm quite rigorous with supplements too, and it can be a pain following a pill-popping schedule day in and day out, but it shows on my skin if I slack off. In addition to a daily multivitamin, I take Zinc, B-complex, Omega-3, acidophilus, and Estrosense (hormone balancer).
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Don't forget about drinking green tea. which is not only supposed to help clear your skin but also spped up your metabolism so you lose weight.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Lots of veggies and fruits works for me Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
i'm bad when it comes to eating right. I live a busy schedule so I don't cook much.
I try to eat fruits, but sometimes don't so i buy those natural smoothies or juices at the store and drink that every morning so i get my daily fruit intake. I buy these berry smoothies (which can be quite costly) which is a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc. so i get my dose of antioxidants. You don't have to be eating a lot of berries, some people think eating like a big bowl of berries everyday is good... all you need is like 10 strawberries a day or a tall glass of natural (non-sugar) cranberry juice.
As for coffee, i shouldnt be drinking too much of that but like a lot of people out there on those early mornings, i just need my caffeine intake to get me through the mornings
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Kiwis are supposed to be great also.

Do you think you could use dried cranberries like the ones you put in salads?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
oh yes, kiwi is a very good fruit to eat. It is extremely rich in vitamin C and has slightly less potassium than a banana. Some people eat even the skin of the kiwi, but i dont know how tasty that would be Confused but the skin contains a great source of antioxidants
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |