Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recommendations please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone….

Another question (thanks in advance Mabsy! Smile )….

I am now (since learning about Vitamin C serum) using:

Skinceauticals Vitamin C Serum 15% , Hydrating Gel, % Ultimate Defense SPF 30

It has only been 5 days since I started using them but already my skin looks significantly brighter! I am really impressed…thanks guys!

I received a sample of Phyto+ and Renewal Night (both skinceauticals) cream dry. I have been using both of these and intend to order the full size…..so far so good!

However, I desperately need a good moisturizer to accompany these products. My skin is generally dry, but I do suffer from occasional spots on my cheek areas, which also have (very) large pores. Should I stick to the Skinceauticals brand? I still intend to continue using my Decleor Neroli oil with the Balm Essential every couple of weeks (this is fab stuff)….but I need something for everyday daytime and night time use. I was thinking of the Skinceuaticals ‘Renewal Night’, but need suggestions for daytime use. As during the day I will have the Vit C on it wouldn’t be advisable to use a moisturizer with AHA’s would it? Or would it?

I have ordered Dermalogica’s Microfoliant too…can’t wait to start using that since reading all the rave reviews on here!!

Still looking for a cleanser and toner too….are the Skinceautical ones good?

Sorry this is so long winded, but I didn’t want to place an order before getting some invaluable advice!

Thank you so much,

Nikita
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita!
i found that using the C serum (I use 20%) and B5 gel that my skin has become less dry over time and I now need a less moisturising moisturiser (if that makes sense!) I'm currently using strivectin over my C and B5, as I have had good antiwrinkle results, but since getting relaxaline which I'm replacing my B5 with, I'll probably use a different moisturiser when it runs out (I'm extremely promiscuous, cosmetically speaking Very Happy ) Maybe Dr H rose cream Smile
Liz

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz Smile

Thanks for your reply. Which brands are strivectin and relaxaline? I will have a look into them.

I noticed something amazing this morning...i had very visible pores on my cheeks...they've gone!! They have totally dissappeared! I can't believe it! I've only been using the Vit C/B5 gel routine for 6 days! I haven't used anything else differently so I'm assuming that this was a result of the Vit C /B5?? I am so impressed Exclamation Exclamation

Anyone else had similar results? Would anyone else reccomend DrH rose cream?

Thanks,

Niki
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:02 am      Reply with quote
the stri-vectin you can get at EDS or just do a google for it. I warn you that it looks well tacky in the tube and it really smells, but I have had amazing result with it. I got the relaxaline yesterday and have only used it twice, but if it does as promised, I'll make it a permenant replacement for B5 and strivectin as it appears to do what they both do, ie boost moisture and lessen lines. the relaxaline comes from here
http://www.cellularskinrx.com/
and I got it cos betterat 40 has been raving about it and I agree with you about the Cserum...indespensible! Very Happy cellularskin do a cheaper 12.5% serum that betterat also raves about, but I think I'll stick with the 20% from skinceuticles due to brilliant effects!
Liz

Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Niki,

I'm really glad you're seeing good results from the vitamin C serum. It's great stuff! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Microfoliant as well, this is still one of my faves although I don't use it as often as I used to because I'm using the Dr Hauschka/Jurlique cleansing creams which also exfoliate.

Btw, what type of cleasner are you after? Foaming? Lotion? Oil? etc

You can use the AHAs over the vitamin C in the morning (Skinceuticals now makes a C+AHA serum and I've read good reviews). However, if you're not using any other powerful ingredients at night then I would still stick to using AHAs at night as AHAs make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.

I don't think there is a need to stick with the Skinceuticals brand for moisturisers unless you want to. I'm not a big believer in sticking to one brand - I just buy whatever works for me. I always find moisturisers quite hard to recommend because there are so many that will do the job. The ones that are currently on my shelf are:

Valmont Regenetic
Valmont Bio-Cellular Serum
Decleor Harmonie Essentielle
Kosmea Moisturising Facial Lotion
Phytomer Extended Youth Day Cream
Dr Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
Murad Essential Day Moisture

At the moment my skin is just plain normal (not dry, not oily, not combo...). Of the creams I listed both the Dr H creams as well as the Valmont Regenetic and possibly Decleor should be suitable for drier skins. I highly recommend the Rose one if you have very dry skin. Btw, even though the Dr H products say "day cream" they are fine to use at night.

HTH
Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |