Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Canadian Gals, where do you shop online?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Except for EDS Rolling Eyes
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I just bought some nice stuff fromwww.teenypig.com
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
For skin care:
I Feel Pretty http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/
Lips 2 Kiss http://www.lips2kiss.com/l2k/lips2kiss/Intro.htm
Greatnewskin http://www.greatnewskin.com/index2.html
And give me time. I'll definitely be adding more.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
For skin care:

What do you buy from I Feel Pretty? I'm from Canada and they can't ship their AHA/BHA lotion overseas. Sad
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Gothamcityonline.com for footwear...and EDS is the only on-line skincare/cosmetic retailer that I deal with. I don't think that Canada has a very strong online retail presence..which is too bad...I'll be interested to say what comes up!
Puds
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Saffron Rouge and E-skincare store
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
For exceptionally great organic skin and body care try http://www.i2byivanak.com These are organic products at their very best.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Diana P wrote:
For skin care:

What do you buy from I Feel Pretty? I'm from Canada and they can't ship their AHA/BHA lotion overseas. Sad

I recently ordered the healing serum, clarifying serum and 3% antioxidant spray. I asked about the AHA/BHA products and this is what Kim wrote (I don't think she would mind if I posted this):

I can't send the BHA liquids internationally because they contain a small amount of special denatured alcohol, which is considered a hazardous substance & can't be sent out of the US. However, I have recently formulated a BHA without alcohol - it's not on the site yet, but the prices are the same. This one contains more propylene glycol - and it MAY leave a slight film on the skin. Some people notice it, some don't.

I think my next order I might try it, or at least see if she can send a sample.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I sometimes buy from http://www.dianayvonne.com .

They have cheap shipping to Canada. I also buy sometimes from http://www.handmadesoap.ca/ - they have good shea butter, oils, etc. I have also bought skinceuticals stuff for my mom off of ebay.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Diana for posting Kim's reply! I'll definitely be looking out for her new alcohol-free BHA.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
The Shopping Channelwww.tsc.ca
Earth to Body www.earthtobody.ca
Ice Elements www.iceelements.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I wishing there is more canadian based online retailers so I don't have to worry about the custom duties on top of the shipping charge.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I wishing there is more canadian based online retailers so I don't have to worry about the custom duties on top of the shipping charge.

I've found with most companies, they will down mark the items so that you don't have to worry about duties/brokerage fees. It doesn't hurt to ask before you order.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. Diana, what do you mean they "will down mark" the items? They actually charge you a lower price or they just say lower price on the invoice? Thank you so much for the tips.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Interesting. Diana, what do you mean they "will down mark" the items? They actually charge you a lower price or they just say lower price on the invoice? Thank you so much for the tips.

I think Diana may have been referring to that green customs declaration slip that they stick on your package. The US companies that I've been ordering from, would mark the parcels as "gift" and mark down the value of the parcel (i.e. it's $100 worth of products but they write down $20 instead).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Be very careful about doing this, though (marking down the value of the product on the customs form or marking it as gift).

My brother gets a lot of free computer stuff from the U.S.. The company marks this as a gift, but he's frequently called by customs and asked to go down to the airport to prove that he's getting the stuff for free. Even then, he's had to pay tax sometimes on stuff that he didn't buy.

I think customs is really cracking down now - maybe because more people are buying stuff on the internet - they have threatened before to charge my brother with fraud. Luckily he always has proof that he actually is receiving his stuff for free. If customs calls you, you will be asked to show any receipts or proof that the value of the package is what is stated on the form.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I like Lux Beauty, they're in Edmonton and offer both retail and e-tail...sorta http://www.luxbeauty.com/
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
ww.beautymark.ca www.kissandmakeup.ca www.gravitypope.com
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
www.shifeon.com

They have a frequent buyer program too that gives you certificates towards future purchases.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Genie wrote:

They have a frequent buyer program too that gives you certificates towards future purchases.

Looks like the prices there are the same as in the regular shoppers drugmart Think
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
iaimei wrote:

I think Diana may have been referring to that green customs declaration slip that they stick on your package. The US companies that I've been ordering from, would mark the parcels as "gift" and mark down the value of the parcel (i.e. it's $100 worth of products but they write down $20 instead).

Yes, Yen is right. Some companies I deal with will not include an invoice in the package, then on the customs slip will put "cream" with the total as $20. I also buy alot of stuff off ebay and people would do this. I'm not sure what the price limit is on not having to pay customs. Does anyone know? It seems the ones that are $20 I haven't had to pay, yet I had one yesterday that was marked as $29 and I had to pay the GST/PST plus a $5 customs handling fee (shipped global priority mail). Yesterday I also received four photo mugs that I ordered from the states, with a value of $60, yet this box had no $ amount on it, just a sticker saying shipped with USPS, and I didn't have to pay anything for that. How come that box didn't need to put the customs slip on it? Does it depend on how it was shipped? Sorry, I'm just so confused.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
From what I understand,if anything is shipped from the US with a value of more $20.00, you may have to pay tax plus $5.00 fee. Some items do "slip" through customs though. All items shipped from US to Canada must have a customs sticker on which the seller will state the value. A lot of sellers will say that the item is a gift, or value the item at less than $20.00 so that we can avoid the taxes and fees. I never ask a seller to do this, most just do. I have ordered about a dozen skin care products from the US in the last month, and have not had to pay taxes yet, and most of them cost over $20.00.
This is the same for items from other countries also, not just the US to Canada. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have alot to add. Yen has already mentioned The Shopping Channel (TSC) and Ice Elements who I have also used.

My other Canadian e-tailer suggestion iswww.makemesmooth.com for bath & body products in tons of different scents. I've order a lot of lip balms and scented body lotions from them.
And I haven't ordered from this site, although my sister has (I've always wanted to check out some of their makeup)www.faceatelier.com

And of course,www.sephora.com which isn't Canadian but I've never had problems ordering from there (I can't wait until this fall when I get a Sephora in the mall two blocks away from me ... oh wait, maybe that's not a good thing. Smile )
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
This threads is so informative ,I only order skin care from EDS in canada!
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I found out that some skincare prices at Shifeon are a bit higher than EDS.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |