Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does JM, Revitalash and Talika work on Asian women?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mystiqkal
5% products discount

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading up on the past posts about these products and they seem to work for alot of people that already have moderately long lashes, but i'm wondering if they work as well for the asian women out there (who have short lashes). does anyone have any experience with this?

I've also read that after using these products eyelashes have started curling, has any one experienced this?

I currently use Talika (i ordered it from sephora on a whim before i knew about JM and Revitalash) i've noticed some changes, but nothing great. I'm wondering if i should try JM or if i would just get the same result....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I am half asian and JM has worked quite well for me. I think for most people this product works ...the key is consistent use every night.I have used it every night for 5 months with great results...I still have not had any fallout.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi: I'm Asian and have the typical, sparse, thin, super-fine, stick-straight eyelashes. I've tried Talika, Mavala, and Dream Lash in the past and got so-so results with them. I've been using RevitaLash for the past 20-some days and have seen my lashes become noticeably longer and a bit denser too. I am hoping the results will get even better as time goes on. I am updating my progress in the RevitaLash thread in the Product Reviews forum and hope to have some comparison pictures up soon.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
i used Talika for a bit and i noticed some change but nothing drastic....i read up on JM and everyone thinks its amazing so i bought a tube on ebay (a seller that was recommended and have 2000+ with 100% good feedback). I may have jumped on the bandwagon too soon though because i reasearched it a bit more after i bought it and apparently there's a old batch and new batch and the ingredients may have changed...oh well some people are still getting great results with the new batch so hopefully i didnt just waste $$$ ...lol
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Asian with single eyelids and sparse, short lashes.

Talika did absolutely nothing. Ardell was slightly better.

Outstanding has been JM and Carekate's Lush Lash. I've got some photos posted if you search. My lashes went from super-short to some are 1/2".

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well I'm asian, and been using RevitaLash for a little over 3 months.. nothing dramatic but a lot of fallouts for me.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Asian w/ single lids and Revitalash has made a big difference. I'm actually having to pluck some bottom lashes because they're growing in too low.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm have super short and super sparse eyelashes and Revitash has made a noticeable difference. The results are not really dramatic, but I am willing to pay the price for something that shows promise.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I did experience lash growth, the most significant was the bottom lashes which doubled in length but they were short to begin with, as for top lashes they only increased in length by 2-3mm nothing miraculous. I didn't experience any "curling", I think it is unlikely for normal straight lashes to become naturally curved even with stimulants. As for increased growth, I don't think my lashes became denser, thicker or had any significant new growth. For those who have premature or missing folds using these lash serums can cause small cysts to form along the lash line because the skin rubs into the lash roots and some products actually contain pore clogging ingredients. I developed such problems after continuous use of both Ardell and Lucia.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |