Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Those who have rosacea...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
How do you deal with :

1.Acne
2.Dryness
3.Redness
4.Wrinkles

My experience.

1.Acne. I find it's hard to find products that are not harsh, yet effective. I can only control acne be seeing my esthetician every 2 weeks. Acidophilus for internal use helps a bit.

2.Dryness. I'm using Maria Galland Intensive Action Hydrating Serum. Regular moisterizes like Pevonia RS2 cream or Maria Galland moisterizes work, but I end up applying them every hour cuz otherwise my skin feels very dry through the day, especially if I go to gym.

3. Redness. A tough one. Gets worse in summer.
Tried Pevonia RS2 concentrate and Propolis Concentrate. They sooth the skin a little bit, but the redness is still there. Confused

4.Wrinkles. Again the same problem: gentle but powerful Confused ? I've tried tretinoin 0.025 ,it was a little bit cruel Smile
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
My rosacea is under control since I started doing IPL treatments periodically.

I also use Cellcosmet's Concentrated Cream for day and Ultra Vital at night. That keeps my skin completely hydrated.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that my skin is so much better when I take an omega-3 supplement.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I've susspected I've had this condition for a few years but was only DX'd last month.

For dryness and redness I use PS Lotion it's a compounded script. It has a base of Moisturel (Moisturel is a lotion that can be found at most drug/discount stores, but you may have to ask for it), sulfer and a steroid (?). This has helped quite a bit.

In about a month I'm also going to start a treatment with V Beam (I think what she uses). The only Acne I have is blackheads which she said was fine for Rosacea and she's going to RX me one of the Retin-a's. She said now that I have Rosacea, insurance will pay for it.

Only have lines under my eyes which is not connected to Rosacea.

Does anyone have Occular (eye) Rosacea. Haven't been able to find much on it.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I got pregnant. LOL. My rosacea and eczema went away after I got pregnant - serious! It still hasn't come back since baby was born!

If you don't want to try that, I have taken Omega 3s for a while - and have found that it has helped. For some reason I seem to think that my consistent use of Vit. C and sunscreen has also helped tremendously...

Very Happy
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have very mild rosacea. I use a diluted routine of CP serum (4 drops CP to 2 drops water, every other day) and emu oil (every day) for the dryness. Most everything else causes break outs. My best discovery for the redness has been the Baby Quasar. If I'm faithful about using it for a half hour every few days, the redness practically disappears, and my skin has never looked better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have mild rosacea and I have found that things that would be otherwise good for my skin -- such as exfoliation -- aggravate rosacea so I often "walk a fine line" in my skin care between promoting the overall health and appearance of my skin and keeping my R in check.

For example, I recently started using a Clarisonic skin care brush, which I adore and has made my skin look fabulous. But I have found it necessary to start using Noritate again (which my doctor prescribed for my R) every night, and I literally haven't used it for for a few years. Quite honestly, initially the Clarisonic didn't bother my R but then I also started blowdrying my lips (part of Lips2Kiss nightly ritual) and I think that the heat from the blowdryer combined with the exfoliation was beginning to trigger a mild flare for me. I am now careful to aim the blowdryer down and away from my cheeks, and I cover my chin with a washcloth to keep the heat off it.

I do recommend Noritate if you don't already have a prescription for it.

I'm looking forward to getting a Baby Quasar as I've read that this LED appliance can really help with the redness of rosacea, as well as wrinkles, acne, hyperpigmention, and help with the healing of injury to other parts of the body (unfortunately, I can use help with all of these!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
1. Acne: Cetaphil & leave it alone.
2. Dryness: Cetaphil lotion.
3. Redness: Sunscreen every day. Currently using Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF30.
4. Wrinkles: Nothing that doesn't irritate my skin.

I've tried more expensive products but I keep coming back to what works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried using Avene's product & they helped somewhat, but overall I didn't think they made that much of an improvement. At the moment I am primarily using Dr H cleansing milk & rose day cream which are fantastic! Smile
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I have been diagnosed with "mild" rosacea, and have always had problems with even the most natural products. I have found the Zenbiotic line to have stabilised my redness and dehydration, but I did use my own formulation of concentrated green tea extract with beta glucans which helped tremendously with redness.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I suffer with mild rosecea causing my face to flush to lots of triggers and really need to find a suncream.Anyone with rosecea have any ideas on what to try. I have tried many suncreams all being too greasy for me and causing a white cast. I want one to blend in nicely to know be able to tell im wearing it. I rather go for a physical suncream than a chemical one any suggestions?
Thanks Sarah
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
sarah19 wrote:
I suffer with mild rosecea causing my face to flush to lots of triggers and really need to find a suncream.Anyone with rosecea have any ideas on what to try. I have tried many suncreams all being too greasy for me and causing a white cast. I want one to blend in nicely to know be able to tell im wearing it. I rather go for a physical suncream than a chemical one any suggestions?
Thanks Sarah

I like Maria Galland Invisible High Protection Cream n°43. But you can only get it in a spa, I guess. It costs $80/2.64 fl.oz

Once my friend and I went skiing on Mont Tremblant on a sunny day. As an experiment, she applied Skin Tx SPF 30 cream and I applied the Invisible High Protection Cream n°43. We both spent 6 hours skiing. Next day she woke up with a burnt face and mine white as a snow!

I have fair sensitive skin that burns very easily. Most other SPF products I've tried (Neutrogena Sensitive, Biotherm) always caused stinging sensation.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
1. Acne: Cetaphil & leave it alone.
2. Dryness: Cetaphil lotion.
3. Redness: Sunscreen every day. Currently using Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF30.
4. Wrinkles: Nothing that doesn't irritate my skin.

I've tried more expensive products but I keep coming back to what works.

Amazing! But Cetaphil products do nothing to my skin. And after Neutrogena SSS my skin starts to tingle.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Sarah

You are on the right track looking for a physical sunblock over a chemical. There are several reasons chemical sunblocks are not good for those of us with R.

Some of the best (for me) are Shishedo (sp) Ultimate SPF 55, Linda Sy's Zinc Oxide, and DHC's sunblock. They do tend to leave you white of you have any pigment in your skin. People either add a drop of liquid foundation to their sunblock or apply MU on top of the sunblock to lessen the white cast.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your quick reply is the Shishedo (sp) Ultimate SPF 55 drying at all as my skin is on the dry side then being oily. What one do you favour the most?
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I like Shishedo Ultimate the best. That does not mean you will. It seems to go on the easiest. It's not cheap.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm using DDF Daily Organic and love it. Its a physical ss.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lightstim (similar to the baby Quasar)for a month now and noticing it certainly has positive impact on my mild form of Rosacea. I haven't seen any occasional red bumps on my face since I started the home light treatment.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
hi Iaimei- How often do you use it and for how long?

I have purchased a all red lamp so is a little different to yours. Though im unsure to whether it is helping with my flushing but it does help with the puffiness in my face.What are your rosecea syptoms if you dont mind me asking. I dont get acne or redness unless i flush. My main problems is i flush alot to alot of triggers such as foods, drink , heat , sun , stress so try to avoid them as much as possible.

Is anyone else hear using a red light or any LED for rosecea and suffers with flushing as a big problem.

Would like to hear anyones experiences using LED light for roseca good or bad?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Acne: Not much of an issue at my age (46), so I just spot-treat with salicylic acid.

Dryness: emu oil and hyaluronic acid; most commercial moisturizers give me blocked pores. I've been reading wonderful reviews on Dr. Hauschka's rejuvenating mask, so intend to try that soon.

Redness: My biggest problem - permanently red cheeks! From what I've read on the internet, topicals won't correct this; If I could find a good IPL or V-Beam dr in my area, I would try that...still on the quest! I've had one treatment with nd-Yag laser, which toned down the redness quite a bit, but did not get rid of it. I think my dr was hesitant to try multiple treatments. Still, results lasted about a year, and I was pleased with the outcome. I'm toying with the idea of investing in a Baby Quasar.

Wrinkles: My skin can't deal with most retinoids without getting irritated, so I've given up. I don't think they are a good choice for rosacea. I love CP serum and Exfol! Recently discovered I can tolerate lactic acid quite well.

HTH,
Nadine Very Happy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
sarah19 wrote:
hi Iaimei- How often do you use it and for how long?

I have purchased a all red lamp so is a little different to yours. Though im unsure to whether it is helping with my flushing but it does help with the puffiness in my face.What are your rosecea syptoms if you dont mind me asking. I dont get acne or redness unless i flush. My main problems is i flush alot to alot of triggers such as foods, drink , heat , sun , stress so try to avoid them as much as possible.

To reply Sarah's question:

I have been using the light treatment every night on every spot for 2 minutes. I gave up watching a timer after a while, so I guess average time on each spot is -/+ 2minutes. I am just like you I am a flusher. Especially during winter month, after entering heated indoor office from outside cold weather, my face would flush and last for hours. I find since I have used the light my face don't flush as much. But mind you the weather has warmed up as well ( I live in western Canada and we have a fairly long winter). If the trigger is drink, sun or heat I still flush so avoid these triggers is my best defense. Before every morning when I get up I would see my cheeks in rosy pink tone which I hate, now I am fair as a ghost. I do find the light treatment drys my skin at the beginning and dryness will lead to reddish tone. So keep your skin moisturized is very important for before or post treatment.
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
i don't have rosacea, per se, but i have extremely sensitive skin that--at least for a while--was permanently red around my lower nose. i tried rosacure, and this worked for the redness, but ended up irritating me in the end. the baby quasar does help in evening out my skin tone. the bq really does wonderfully in this regard!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
i have 5 to 6 scars on the bridge of my nose. it is the result of blemishes.
i hate them, they make my rough nose skin rougher Crying or Very sad
F8I

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Of all the high and low-end products I have tried, Epicurian works the best for me. No burning of any kind with this physical sunscreen. Last summer was the first summer I didn't have a breakout since I was in highschool. I am 29, fair, sensitive, extremely acne-prone, oily T, dry around eyes and sides of mouth. Mild to moderate roseaca.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Ipl's without a doubt are a godsend. I also use the baby Q every few days. Obagi gentle or Cetaphil for cleansing and IS Clinical Proheal Serum followed by the hydracool for acne and wrinkle control. I use a tad bit of the ISC Active Serum at night, but that can be drying if you don't follow up with something very hydrating. Emu oil is great or I also use Decleor Angelique. Decleor Harmonie gentle soothing cream is excellent for rosacea skin.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |