Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Review: Dr. Hauschka Clay mask, rejuvenating mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so it's been about a month since I had my religious experience with the Dr H. aesthetician and have been using the clay maks twice a week since then.
Firstly, this mask is a slight hassle to mix up and I always end up with too much - more water, more mask, more water... you get my drift Smile However, this hassle is offset by the great results.
Last week I had a total breakout (period, too much chocolate, alcohol, not enough sleep - damn it, and I was having such a good time too - so I used my fave Dermalogica microfoliant to try and sort it out and had a MEGA breakout, so bad you wouldn't believe it even if I told you). At this point I decided that I could never leave the house again *I hate it when that happens*. I decided to treat myself to a nice Dr H. facial to relieve my anxiety about my spotty face. The mask was a true lifesaver and made the spots go down over night and took away some of the redness.
I'm not sure why I reacted so badly to the Derm Micro when it has been totally fantastic up to this point, but it was rather distressing, esp considering I was supposed to be going out with Kiwiboy for work drinks on Friday night! Needless to say I feigned sickness and got out of the social humiliation of terrible skin (no, i'm not really that shallow but I didn't want to embarrass Kiwiboy by having a spotty face - not a good look at his work drinks). The next day my skin felt great, not oily but not dry, even colour and reduced pores.

Okay so after that stress I started using the little sample tube of the rejuvenating cream in an attempt to look human again. Now this stuff is truly magic in a tube! I've been using it every morning under my regular moisturiser and seriously, the horrible spotty/redness has gone away and the pigmentation left is not so bad (I scar quite easily so am always terrified of breakouts as they leave so much damage on my skin). After such good results with the little tube, I decided that I'd shell out for the big tube of the rejuv. cream and love, love, love it!

All in all I have become a total convert to the Dr H. stuff, nothing has ever made my skin feel and look so good. I've been using the mask twice weekly and notice a real difference after each use - smaller pores, less oily, better texture and colour. The rejuvenating cream/mask is also amazing, I've been using it every day and am also noticing a difference in the texture of my skin. I've decided to (once I've finished my Dermalogica stuff) move totally to Dr H. products but am slowly adding in other products as I go.

I can totally recommend the rejuv. cream/mask for anyone with slight scarring, and the clay mask for those of us with slightly congested skin that needs a bit of a overhaul now and again!
Mabsy

Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kiwigirl!

Thanks for the reviews! I've been waiting to hear back on your clay mask experiences. I think I might have to get a sample of this first. It sounds good but, considering my previous history with masks that you have to mix with water, I'd better try before I buy Smile

I ended up buying the rejuvenating mask and have use it twice thus far. Can't really comment on effectiveness yet but it is a nice mask, feels very gentle as well. I might try using it as a cream as well. Will keep you posted Smile

Hope your skin is all recovered now.

Mabsy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, am slowly getting over the trauma of last week! So sad that the Derm Microfoliant did that, I'm not sure I trust it now!
I would really recommend the clay mask, I've found that using a spoon to put it in the bowl then just adding a dribble of water at a time is the best strategy, it does take a bit of fine tuning but I think I've got it sussed now!
Glad to hear you got the rejuv mask, I'm finding it a godsend with my breakout from last week, it's clearing everything up quite well and will hopefully stop any scarring (fingers crossed and all that)!

Kiwigirl.
Mabsy

Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you do end up trying the Microfoliant again, I have never had any issues with it and I hope that this was a once off for you. I guess in situations like that you can never be sure that the second breakout was actually from a product or if it was brewing under your skin anyway.

I'm about to put some Dr H Rejuventaing mask on, my skin's gone a bit funny because of the flu. The Essential Balm seems to have done the trick overnight but I'm going to help my skin along with the Dr H as well Laughing
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think I'm totally out off by the breakout, but just a little wary of the microf. now. I've been using it for ages and NEVER had any problems so not sure what happened there Doubt
However, don't seem to be having any issues clearing it up with the Dr H rejuv mask/cream so that's good!
MBL
5% products discount

Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:27 am      Reply with quote
hey guys!

kiwigirl, just a thought but I'm pretty sure the dermalogica microexfoliant contains salicylic acid, which although makes it spot fighting means it's also pretty drying. As you were on a week where you had alcohol (this dehydrates) what may have happend is that you over dried your skin causing the breakout. Thanks for the info on the Dr H stuff sounds very interesting.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Aha, MBL you may be right (well, the Derm Microf has to go then!!!), can go without a glass of Sav Blanc now and again (and again...) Wink
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Aha, MBL you may be right (well, the Derm Microf has to go then!!!), can go without a glass of Sav Blanc now and again (and again...) Wink
BoomBoom
5% products discount

Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello!~
it's fascinating to see kiwigirl's great review on Dr. H. rejuvenating mask,
but i was checking out their official website and looking at the ingredients for the mask,
there were wheat germ oil, peanut oil, jojoba oil,, and i am wondering if ALL these oil will cause breakouts? because i'm very acne prone, and there are past acne scars on my face and i don't want anything to aggravate my face.
Does anyone know if these oil are actually beneficial or disastrous to my skin type? THANKS A BUNCH!
MBL
5% products discount

Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:42 am      Reply with quote
kiwigirl Laughing

boomboom - the theory behind such products is that certain oils help balance oil production, reduce pore size, there is a quite a good FAQ on the website, you would have thought Dr H knows what he's doing. It's my understanding that it's mineral oils which are the ones to avoid? can anyone confirm or correct this?
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:35 am      Reply with quote
hey i have a sample of the clay mask that i have yet to use, but will be trying it soon. Thanks for the review!
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
MBL - mineral oils are definitly a big NO-NO! They will only clog your pores and make your skin break out. A lot of less expensive brands/products contain mineral oils as it is cheap and often have "apparently" good short time effect. Always check what the producs you are buing contain, and do avoid mineral oils if you have problemprone skin.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
For me, the key to achieving a good consitency of the clay mask is gradual introduction of water droplets. It is kind of like making gravy. Try this technique...

Pour a bit of the clay into your cupped hand (I use about a tablespoon). With the other hand, turn the water faucet and run your finger under the stream. Then move toward the clay pile and let the water drip off your finger, and mix together. Check the consitency. Run a finger under the stream to add more droplets to the mixture.
MBL
5% products discount

Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Aurora wrote:
MBL - mineral oils are definitly a big NO-NO! They will only clog your pores and make your skin break out. A lot of less expensive brands/products contain mineral oils as it is cheap and often have "apparently" good short time effect. Always check what the producs you are buing contain, and do avoid mineral oils if you have problemprone skin.

thanks aurora I thought aa much. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |