Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good Dandruff contol Hair Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Dear all, I am now using JMO evening promise shampoo, it's good in softening my hard hair, but it doesn't help my dandruff and itchy problem, any recommendation?

Thanks in advance!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
There are lots of OTC shampoos out there--some are zinc based, others salicylic acid based, others coal tar based, etc. Seems like everybody I know swears by a different one. I've tried them all (though what I have is seborrheic dermatitis, a revved up kind of dandruff). What keeps me flake-free is a combination of Nizoral (which has anti-yeast properties) and a solid cade-oil based shampoo bar from Lush. I alternate them, making sure to use each at least once or twice a week. And, voila, no more nasty flakes.

But there are so many different kinds and causes of dandruff, you may find something else you like better. Just buy the smallest sized bottle you can find to experiment with, and give each contestant two or three weeks of constant use. If you don't see improvement by then, I'd move on. Good luck!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I have an awful time with this & have yet to find the perfect solution Sad . My doctor did say to brush my hair with a boar bristle brush before washing to kind of exfoliate my scalp. It "lifts" alot of the flakes & the shampoos can penetrate better. Good luck Wink
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! Will go to the Lush to explore. Thanks again.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I love head and shoulders Clean formula
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
The only thing that works for me is Anti-Dandruff Shampoo by Vichy.
http://www.vichy.com/EN-GB/htmlref/produits/STA00002.html
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Phillip B Shampoo for dandruff.
My oily hair is getting less oily.And it makes my hair very soft and radiance.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
A strange but effective remedy is apple cider vinegar - this works particularly well for sebhorric dermatitis. You can pour it on and massage it into your scalp, and the longer you leave it on, the better. I started doing this, in addition to massaging my scalp more frequently, and it really helped a lot.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I love head and shoulders Clean formula

I'm currently using the Smooth & Silky formula. It has made my hair quite smooth and silky.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I actually like Head & Shoulders Refresh shampoo. I got a sample of it and have stuck with it. I don't have a dandruff issue but it makes my hair nice and smooth and the Refresh is nice stimulation for the scalp (peppermint I think). I have to agree with those commercials Head & Shoulders has recently come out with - it's good and not just for dandruff!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I always find I go back to the KMS anti-dandruff shampoo. It helps a lot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have had dandruff for quite a long time and have tried so many remedies.

what i think helps is to shampoo twice. i finally controlled my dandruff that way, one fast shampoo then another one afterwards and i leave it on or a few minutes while i shave my legs, etc. also, make sure to shampoo the scalp and not just the length of the hair.

i find that adding some neem powder into my shampoo helps also.

as mentioned an ACV rinse for the scalp is awesome but i only do one when i am really itchy.

the best dandruff buster period for me is henna. it keeps dandruff away for a whole month sometimes. the extra i get is nice highlights in my hair.

dandruff is so annoying but i think it can be controlled.

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I betcha dandruff is similar to eczema in responding to moisturizing from inside. Try taking essential fatty acid (EFA) supplements. They are good for so much!

Also massage your scalp daily - a widu brush would be good. Do a search on the internet for "widu brush".

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I like Head and Shoulders.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
John Master's Zinc and Sage shampoo is supposed to be good for dandruff. I use it for clarifying purposes but I don't have dandruff so I can't say whether it will work. But I have read that it does.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I use Keraphix once a month to cleanse out all the excess ... I guess that would include dandruff.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use either Zenbiotics Activex spray or B+B Tonic Spray after any shampoo and this keeps my scalp tingly-clean all day. No more itchy, oily, flakey scalp!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:13 am      Reply with quote
What are some of the causes of dandruff?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Dandruff is a general symptom that can be caused by lots of different things. That's one reason why there are so many different treatments for dandruff and why any particular product may be perfect for one person and useless for someone else. One common cause of dandruff is actually a fungal infection of the scalp--another good reason not to share combs and brushes (if nits weren't already reason enough!) Seasonally dry scalp and irritation caused by certain shampoos or hair products are other common culprits. Eczema and psoriasis can manifest as dandruff, too.

If your dandruff is severe or resistant after trying several different OTC treatments, see a dermatologist. Your doctor may be able to diagnose what the root cause is and make more specific recommendations, including prescription strength shampoos and treatments.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
AG dandruff shampoo is good. And for a natural remedy--if you can stand the smell--apple cider vinegar rubbed into the scalp and left for 2 minutes seems to work. also before you get in the shower, gently rub your scalp to get any loose flakes off, then shampoo.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I too like Head and Shoulders, but I usually use Selsun Blue. I find it gives faster results (i.e. one wash for me usually) than H&S.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
l used shoulders Clean formula Very Happy
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I do not have dandruff problem, but I do know there's a product good for the treatment of dandruff. Try Korres Natural Products - Rosemary and Zinc two-phase treatment against dandruff and dry scalp.

My good friend tried it and swear by it. You've got to give it a try, but it's hard to get here.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
By the way, you may also want to try Korres Natural Products - Laurel and Echinacea shampoo against dandruff and dry scalp.
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Jolin wrote:
By the way, you may also want to try Korres Natural Products - Laurel and Echinacea shampoo against dandruff and dry scalp.

I'm using this one. I quite like the smell of Korres line. I've finished almost half of the bottle and my dandruff seems to reduce but still there. I also use ACV rinse now and then.

I'd better wait to make a conclusion after i finish this bottle. Otherwise, i'll give JM a try next.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |