Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone here from the East Coast???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Does anyone else live on the East Coast? I'm out here in Connecticut, right on Long Island Sound, and they are predicting some god-awful weather......along with major coastal flooding. The punchline is that I am here at work until 6pm. I work at a place that is a few feet from the water. No one here is taking it very seriously, and they are just laughing it off because we've had so many false alarms, but I'm a little worried. Maybe I've read "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf" too many times. The "festivities" haven't even really started yet, and the water is already almost at flood levels. We're supposed to get 3-4 inches of rain, and on top of that wind gust of up to 60+mph, with steady wind at 35. Right now is not even half that bad yet, and the waves are HUGE and coming up over the docks just 5 yards from the hotel.

My fiancee thought I was nuts this morning, because I brought all of my medications to work, a change of clothes, and my skin and make up stuff. I also made sure that we had plenty of bottled water and such last night. When I left for work this morning, the roads were already partially flooded, so I probably am stranded here tonight. Oh well, at least we have a generator at the hotel, and unless it gets flooded, our 4 star restaurant!

Just wanted to let you guys out here know, it's supposed to be a bad one....batton down the hatches!!!! Some areas in upstate NY are supposed to get 2 ft of snow......I think I'd rather have the snow. At least it's more predictable than tidal surge! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
We live near Pittsburgh,and heard the same thing this morning.It's still raining here.Good luck. Very smart of you to be prepared.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Lurrvely. My fiance just called and said that one of the only streets to get to my house is already getting flooded out. And, we're still getting 3-5 more inches before I leave. BUT, on the bright side, if I can't make it home, there is a room with a jacuzzi tub here for me! Very Happy Be careful out there everyone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
They were predicting the same for down here in Maryland, although they're CRAZY here when it comes to weather. It is the only place that closes schools based on RUMORS of snow or heavy rains.

I made my usual Sunday am trek to the supermarket, not because of the storm warnings, but because its when I normally do my grocery shopping. The store was PACKED. But Marylanders, because they truly are insane, don't line up to buy staples like bread, milk, bottled water, batteries, etc. like normal people. Nope. They line up to buy TOILET PAPER. Don't ask me why. I was online with people who had carts PILED with Charmin!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm in New Hampshire and weather is just God awful today, which is forcing me to eat everything in the house as I'm bored and cranky b/c I can't go outside. (some excuse,huh? Rolling Eyes ) I guess I can fold some laundry, ho hum.....

It's a sleety-slush-rainy-snowy piece of crap day. We have flood watch and power outage warnings too.

Where is the spring, I ask? My tulips, which were looking so happy a couple of weeks ago, now look pathetic.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Noo Yawk. Live in Brooklyn. We're getting a bit of flooding.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Well this storm flew thru Texas, Dallas got hammered, here in Houston, we just got huge winds and rain. I don't think they are crying wolf, this storms BAD. Snuggle in ladies and stay safe. Hands Mariav a moon pie!
Caspers Mum

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
We're presently at 9ºCelcius/48ºF Smile
http://www.theweathernetwork.ca/weather/cities/can/Pages/CABC0308.htm

Just to rub it in, and be an evil biotch, I thought that I'd share photos of Vancouver's weather with members living back-east Bad Grin

This is a photo of the Burrard Street Bridge, heading from downtown over to Kitsilano (my neighbourhood). The annual Vancouver Sun Run is taking place this morning, in case you're wondering about the runners.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Ooooooo Caspers Mum, that WAS just evil!! But I'll be thinking of you while I relax in my rooms jacuzzi tub, drinking champs! Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Wilmington NC. We've been lucky so far...just a bunch of rain and alot of wind!~~

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
new york....if I have to walk to school in the snow tomorrow I'm going to be so pissed. not to mention the poor crocuses. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Northern New Jersey.
Flood is everywhere.

So not looking forward to tomorrow's drive into Manhattan.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm in Nova Scotia, one more time zone to the east, and we seem to get everything a day or so later than the american eastern seaboard. We're supposed to get bad rainstorms in the next couple days...I'm sure we're getting the tail end of what you guys had.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, here's my update. It's not as bad as it could have been. Most of the roads out here are washed out. The causeway is closed, and the road by the town beach is completely washed out. The parking lot next to where I work was completely under water though when high tide came in. They are just finishing up cleaning the debris from when the tide went back out. Tonights high tide cycle is supposed to be even worse however. I hope that it doesn't affect the hotel this time, we're 6 feet above flood level, and it's expected to be about 7. I hope it won't effect anything..... Confused The river flooding is supposed to go on until Wednesday.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |