Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
product to combat Milia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
over40

Sat May 10, 2003 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Could someone please recomend a skin care product to get rid of Milia. I have this under my eyes and on my face and it is driving me mad!!!! I exfoliate moisturise etc, and wonder where I am going wrong Sad I visit the Beauticians every month for them extracting but they still keep coming back Mad I am using Dermalogica products at the moment. Any advice would be much appriciated.
Thanks
Wendy
Caspers Mum

Tue May 13, 2003 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
You have been using an eye product that is too rich for you, or you have extra-oil production in the eye area. There is nothing wrong with using-up your present eye product. However, you may want to alternate with an exfoliating eye creme. A good one is MD Formulations Vit A-Plus Eye Creme!
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2003 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a fair bit of milia too. Eversince I used Vit C topical products even for the eye area, the milia subsided drastically. Now, only a few tiny bumps are left. Try it, it may work for you too.
ixora

Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am one who have had a stubborn milia with me for years regardless of the numerous products I have tried.

I only managed to remove it recently through a qualified dermatologist through a minor surgery that lasted less than 2 min! I am left with no scars at all on a smooth-looking face now. Surprised)

If the melia is bothering you so much, I highly recommended that you consider the above solution.
Jen
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:06 am      Reply with quote
ixora,
I have a very big milia, about 0.5cm diameter unders my eyes for almost 10 years and it seems to be getting bigger and bigger.
Can you tell a little bit more information about the surgery?
Thanks.
Wolfzone

Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I too had this condition and my dermatologist told me it is NOT from "greasy eye cream" but an overproduction of chlorestrol in the body. I had an outpatient procedure done - he numbed up the area and scraped away - I had it done almost 10 years ago and none came back. I'm quite sure the procedure is much less complicated now - it took several weeks for the scars to completely heal -but nobody could tell once they did. No cream will "erase" them - only a procedure.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello.

I have a lot of milia under my eye bags yet I have really sensitive eyes. It is easily irratated. They look really ugly and obvious when someone is looking at me. Does anyone know which eye cream I should use that gets rid of milia and won't irratate my eyes? Also I wanted to know if I get extracted from a dermatologist, would it hurt? I was wanting to go to shoppers drug mart to see those dermatologists. Would they help me do that?

I am sorry for asking so many questions.
Mabsy

Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi escents,

In short, yes it would hurt but it's pretty quick. It also depends on how sensitive you are to pain. But the eye area is certainly more sensitive. Eye creams with a bit of AHA do well at getting rid of millia (MD Formulations one is pretty good) but seeing as you have sensitive skin that might be pretty risky. There has been a post about this before though so perhaps reading through http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1803&highlight=millia+rid might help you. Even when you get rid of them though you should assess why you have them; i.e. is the cream that you're using too rich for you? If it is, and you keep using it, they will simply come back. So, based on that, perhaps switch to a lighter one.

All the best,
Mabsy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry, but what exactly is milia? How do they form? Who are at risk? What procedures would increase chances of developing these? Are they permanent? Question Question Question Sorry to have too many questions, thanks in advance Wink
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:43 am      Reply with quote
bbiz,

do you see small tiny white dots under your eyes? They don't hurt, right? These are tiny white cysts under the surface of the skin. It is caused by heavy creams of any kind that clog the pores and produce milia. I have a lot!

Mabsy,

I do not use any eye creams. I was thinking of getting a dermatogolist to extract it, however my parents would just say to leave it alone. i was thinking of going to those dermatologists that are in drug stores. Would they provide these services? I have really sensitive eyss...will Vit-A-Plus Eye Cream be recommanded for me?

.e s c e n t s.
Mabsy

Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm not too familiar with drug stores in the US and what services they provide. I guess the extractions would be done by proper derms as well as some beauty salons.

Well, the MDF eye cream is good but I don't know if it will suit you because you said you have sensitive skin. You could try just dabbing it on the exact place where you have millia and avoid the rest of the undereye area.

Mabsy
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
AHA ingredients needed prescriptions for it.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
escents wrote:
AHA ingredients needed prescriptions for it.

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean Escents. You can get heaps of different products with AHAs in them without any prescription

Question
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
it means that you need doctors to prescribe it for you.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, aha products are widely available without prescription (at least in US and Canada).
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's the part I don't understand. AHA products are available everywhere. When I go grocery shopping chances are there is something with AHAs just in the skincare section at the local supermarket.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |