Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Too Faced Eye Shadow Duos
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Having decades of experience in th eye shadow department, I have to say this brand is top notch! Like most of you, I've been attracted to tons of glorious colors and shimmery hues,only to be disappointed once I have bought them home. The too Faced shadows are really just as they are described. First of all the colors are gorgeous and just POP out at you (choosing is tough!). Each color is full of rich pigment that has great staying power and you can control the intensity quite easily.The shimmer is very soft, and can be worn even by more mature women like myself. I found it to be great at not ""sliding off" my eyelids or settling in the creases which can be a problem for those of us that use eye creams. It also does not fade away, until YOU take it off. I have so say the favorite of my 4 duos is "Lucky Charms"...amazing on anyone with green, grey or blue eyes! It would probably look great on dark eyes too, come to think of it.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Too Faced Eye Shadow Duo
Too Faced Eye Shadow Duo

The eye makeup maestros at TOO FACED COSMETICS have reformulated and repackaged their signature Duo Eye Shadows just in time for Summer 2006. Revamped, renewed, magnificent color duos are repackaged in vintage-inspired, custom-created, jewel-like compacts. Of course, each dynamic duo has been created in the true Hollywood tradition and meets the highest formulation standards to ensure long-wear, glamorous color and effortless eye shadow options. Too Faced Eye Shadow Duos cast a glamorous, sparkling starlet shade – Highlighter for accentuating, adding all-over shimmer and for creating a brightening effect in the corner of the eye, with the perfectly matched, rich and powerful co-star – Crease & Shadow color. Long-wearing, creaseresistant and pigment-drenched, the Too Faced Eye Shadow Duo Collection includes 12 best-selling, reformulated shades in addition to six brand-new, stylishly chic shades

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
thank you so much for the review, luvyourskin! unlike many skincare items out there (i.e. sunscreen!!!!) the advancements in cosmetics are really amazing in the past few years, aren't they? toofaced is no exception. i have noticed that a lot of younger companies have excellent pigments and staying power. i will check it out!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Too faced is a great line. I love their mascara and will pick up a couple eyeshadows next time I'm at Ulta. Thanks for the review.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Now thanks to you and Olivia I am now forced to look for Toofaced on the highstreet this Saturday. I was hoping I would find time to get some summery bedsheets and a nice pair of sandals instead. Drat!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I have to try this because I have never found an eyeshadow that I am happy with - so I usually don't wear any. Now I have one to try! Thanks!
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review. I will go check out the shadows. I have been in the market lately for some new shadows. (Spring does that to me.)

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking for a new shadow for a summer. Will definetely give this one a try Smile
thank you for reviews.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. Looks like I'll have to try this out!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I started a new thread because I wasn't just raving about the duos, haha, but I'll link here just in case: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=297381#297381. I totally agree that this stuff rocks, it's my new go-to brand for eye shadow.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I received one as a forum gift from EDS. it's 'steel magnolias'-- a bright iridescent green and a metallic pink. It really is nice shadow; even though the colors are bright they are very wearable. I use the pink all over my lid and the green on the corner going up into the crease. Very pretty!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
My fav eyeshadow that I always wear for a night out is Too Faced Ooh & Aah (Silver with glittery black).

I love it! I've been meaning to get another one, I just can't decide on the color duo I want Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |