Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Who watched American Idol last night???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I do NOT care for country music at all, so I expected to hate last night's show. However, I was pleasantly surprised--- Blake's rendition of "Stars Go Blue" gave me some serious palpitations!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of country either. I REALLY liked Phil last night (the first guy...that's his name, right?). I thought Blake did pretty well too. None of the others really stood out for me.

OH. And its long overdue that Sanjaya goes. I keep sayin' that to DH EVERY FREAKIN' WEEK. HRMPH. And I hate his hair. There.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE country..I was singing right along (badly)..Melinda was amazing, so was Phil. The 17-year-old, I forget her name too. Please Sanjaya, it's time to go home..I actually feel bad for him. He's not in the same league. The media is ruthless, yet the fans keep voting for him.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm a huge Sanjaya fan. I even made this t-shirt last week:

Yeah. I Know. You're jealous. Cool Laughing
Or as Sanjaya would put it to Simon "You're just jealous because you can't pull it off!"

Anyway, I use the Dial Idol software to vote and got in 347 votes for Sanjaya last night.
However the software makes predictions based on busy signals and Sanjaya is in dead last this week. There is a margin of error but the its likely he's the one to go tonight Sad

Sanjaya! Sanjaya! He sets the place on Fi-ya!! Laughing That youtube video got stuck in my head forever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I LOVE country..I was singing right along (badly)..Melinda was amazing, so was Phil. The 17-year-old, I forget her name too. Please Sanjaya, it's time to go home..I actually feel bad for him. He's not in the same league. The media is ruthless, yet the fans keep voting for him.

Jordin Sparks? I missed her performance last night! I usually like her a lot.

Oh, and I actually LIKE the song Lakisha sang - the one originally done by Carrie Underwood. I think its Jesus take the Wheel? Its pretty good.

Sanjaya is still on b/c of votefortheworst.com argh. He really really needs to go.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Pheobe - do you like HIM or his voice??! Because I don't think he compares to the other singers in terms of talent!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
marina wrote:

Oh, and I actually LIKE the song Lakisha sang - the one originally done by Carrie Underwood. I think its Jesus take the Wheel? Its pretty good.

Sanjaya is still on b/c of votefortheworst.com argh. He really really needs to go.

puglove, I like that song too, but man, I don't think it's a good idea for ANYONE to try to take on a Carrie Underwood song, because IMO they will always come up short. I think Carrie is just fantastic!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Melinda blew me away as usual. She's a class above the rest.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, geez, Sanjaya's singing is bad. But he's by far my favorite entertainer on there. I'm not impressed with anyone else and Sanjaya is entertaining.

Simon says deplorable, but I say, ADORABLE! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="puglove

[/quote]

Simon actually said, based on that performance, she could win idol. She was great. But Melinda was the best..as usual.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Melinda IMO is the most talented. I believe Jordin Sparks will win. Of course, there is always the possibility that Sanjaya will win. Bad Grin
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Melinda IMO is the most talented. I believe Jordin Sparks will win. Of course, there is always the possibility that Sanjaya will win. Bad Grin

Bite your tongue!!! I've already sworn that if he wins, I'll never watch idol again..I'll switch over to the more cerebral 'pussycat girls' or whatever it's called.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo...American Idol finalists will be on Oprah tomorrow!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ho ho, just watched the results show!! I'm sure everyone (except poor PheobesMeow) is breaking out the champagne, LOL! I'm just glad my man Blake was safe--- I tivo'd idol last night and I watched his performance again a couple times today and it made me feel *good*!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Ho ho, just watched the results show!! I'm sure everyone (except poor PheobesMeow) is breaking out the champagne, LOL! I'm just glad my man Blake was safe--- I tivo'd idol last night and I watched his performance again a couple times today and it made me feel *good*!

I missed last night's idol and I haven't had time to watch it yet (I DVR'd it). So I guess I will be watching the results show before the performances. Oh well.

By "I'm sure everyone (except poor PheobesMeow) is breaking out the champagne, LOL!" I am sure you mean Sanjaya got voted off... thank goodness. It's about time! (Sorry, not a fan of his... I think his singing isn't all that great and he shouldn't have gotten as far as he has).

Btw, perhaps b/c I grew up with it, I'm a fan of country (mostly old school 70s, 80s, 90s but some modern) so I hope the performances are good! I also really like Martina McBride. For the record, I love ALL kinds of music. Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
For as much as I didn't want Sanjaya to keep being safe, I did feel for him this evening. He was sweet, I thought. I hate how they make them sing the song they sang the night before. The kids are so emotional. C'mon Idol give them a BREAK! I thought it was cute how he sang "other than hair, hair, hair....." instead of "how about love, love, love...." while performing Let's Give Them Something To Talk About."

Although Phil was very good Tuesday night - my prediction (and hope) for the final three are Jordin (so cute and so talented) Blake (has the "it" thing going on) and of course Melinda who never sings a bad note.

Martina was great. For such a little thing she sure packs a punch. I think I saw Fergie earlier as well. I was flippin between Idol results and my guilty pleasure "The Search for The Next Pussycat Doll". I love it! And I don't necessarily like the PCD's but the show is fun to watch! (I do like to workout to their music tho!)

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Heh. I'm watching American Idol right now...PST. Haven't gotten the results yet, but I guess who gets voted off now! Laughing
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one annoyed by Melinda? I think she fake. I think all of her "Oh my goodness I can't believe y'all like me" stuff is soo not real. Makes me want to hurl. I think she can sing. I just think she is annoying. I like Blake and Jordin then of course I wouldn't be sad if Chris won because he is a Hampton Roads boy (where I grew up).
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
Am I the only one annoyed by Melinda? I think she fake. I think all of her "Oh my goodness I can't believe y'all like me" stuff is soo not real. Makes me want to hurl. I think she can sing. I just think she is annoying. I like Blake and Jordin then of course I wouldn't be sad if Chris won because he is a Hampton Roads boy (where I grew up).

I think she is humble & shy..not fake at all! I just think we're not used to seeing people like that anymore..we're used to divas. I loved it when she chose to sit in the middle of the stage rather than pick the 'winning' group... Very Happy
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sad. And Sanjaya's crying broke my heart Sad
I'm still a fanjaya.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I think she is humble & shy..not fake at all! I just think we're not used to seeing people like that anymore..we're used to divas. I loved it when she chose to sit in the middle of the stage rather than pick the 'winning' group... Very Happy

I agree. And I loved it too when she sat down in the middle of the stage!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
world~of~mirth wrote:

I dunno. When they did dedications. She picked her stylist. I think that is diva-ish. I can't remember the other person she picked but it was also someone not normal it was like a publicist or something. On the AI website it talks about her love of Christ and her Mom. Why didn't she dedicate her performance to one of them? I dunno. I know we aren't going to agree. Just think it was odd.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I don't watch AI, but I'm reeeeaaaaaally glad Sanjaya didn't win the whole shebang Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
marina wrote:
world~of~mirth wrote:

I dunno. When they did dedications. She picked her stylist. I think that is diva-ish. I can't remember the other person she picked but it was also someone not normal it was like a publicist or something. On the AI website it talks about her love of Christ and her Mom. Why didn't she dedicate her performance to one of them? I dunno. I know we aren't going to agree. Just think it was odd.

I thought she dedicated to her 2 best friends..who always put her together since she claimed in the beginning that she had no sense of style & feels better in a T-shirt & jogging pants...one's her voice 'coach' & the other the stylist...I may be wrong but I watched the show..
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
See I interpreted at as stylist being her best friend. I would never call my best friend my "stylist" even if they helped me with my non matching abilities. She even had a book to pick out clothes from. That sounds like something some one would get paid to to do rather than something a friend would do. I really don't remember who the other one was though. I was just like WTH about the stylist thing.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |