Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Candessence Lip Service w/ or w/o oral HA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Of all the people using Candy's Lip Treatment, I am curious what the distribution is of oral hyaluronic acid takers, especially among those reporting success.

If you are not taking it, but have had an impressive result from the Lip Service, I'll appreciate hearing from you here. (I'll appreciate anyone reporting their data, no matter what it is, but would expect those taking the HA took experience the most benefit.)

Thanks!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Of all the people using Candy's Lip Treatment, I am curious what the distribution is of oral hyaluronic acid takers, especially among those reporting success.

If you are not taking it, but have had an impressive result from the Lip Service, I'll appreciate hearing from you here. (I'll appreciate anyone reporting their data, no matter what it is, but would expect those taking the HA took experience the most benefit.)

Thanks!

I have not taken the oral HA since November 2005ish...due to a bump that formed on my leg, I was not sure if it was connected, turns out I had a hernia, so it wasn't, but I have never started them back up. And love this lip stuff, my lips are not hugely inflated, it is longer term, but they are def softer, very rosy and plumper..just poofed out some, not huge but nice! The moisture level is so much improved. I did not have any lip problems before starting this tho. Hope that helps
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely! BTW, how long have you been using CLS?
I suppose it will be good for posters to mention that as well.

Keep 'em coming!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Absolutely! BTW, how long have you been using CLS?
I suppose it will be good for posters to mention that as well.

Keep 'em coming!

I think about a month, or close to it. I had to go look at the other thread for the dates...I am horrible about time frames.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
It's about a fortnight now that I've been using Lip Service - without taking HA supplements.

My lips were pretty soft beforehand, but the Lip Service has got rid of any last lingering dry skin and my lips feel even smoother and as moisturised as when I was just using my Valmont Eye & Lip Cream (which was previously my best ever lip product). No miraculous plumping, but the top lip seems ever so slightly plumper than before.

I love it.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Lip Treatment for 3 weeks with no improvement to my chapped lips. I think it's time to give up! And yes, I do take HA.
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I do not take any HA, and have not in the past.

I've been using lip service for about 3 weeks, and I have noticed a lot of improvements. My lips are no longer chapped. They use to be so bad that they would crack and bleed. I still get a little flaky on my lips, but no more cracks!

As to the plumping, I see a little improvement. My lips seem more definedd, even though it's not significantly plumped.
galtx
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't take HA. This is the second week of my using Candy's Lip Service (mostly twice a day), and my lips have definitely plumped. Now, they are not movie-star plumped, but that is not what I was aspiring to anyway.

Mostly, my lips have become softer and more hydrated, with no chapping. I used to exfoliate them every day before using this treatment - with the results of a lot of skin coming off. After the peel that resulted from using Lip Service, I don't need to exfoliate them much anymore, and when I do, I get very little sloughing off. My lipline is much firmer and my natural lip pigmentation is deeper. Hope this helps...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I do NOT take HA supplements, however, I have been using Candy's Lip Service and I must say that I am a fan. I was a bit worried at first because I have extremely sensitive lips, however, Lip Service has caused NO irritation. During the first week or so that I used this stuff I was a bit annoyed because my lips were peeling somewhat and it made it difficult to wear lip gloss or lipstick, however, now the peeling has stopped and I can't believe how smooth my lips are! They are slightly plumped too, and they look great. I will definitely keep using the treatment!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I to be the only one who this has not worked for regarding chapped lips. Boo Hoo....I'm going to go sulk in the corner.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yogi,

So sorry this hasn't worked for you! Crying or Very sad That's a bummer!

I just got mine a few days ago ... [you gotta hate how long things take to get from the U.S. to Canada! Sad ] ... so I haven't been using it long enough to give a definitive review. However, just in a few days, I notice that my lips are smoother ... and there does seem to be more colour in them!

I thought those who commented on the colour coming back to their lips were ... um ... going overboard or at least imagining things ... but it's true. And there hasn't been a feeling of "burning" or other device used by so many of the lip plumpers out there! Very Happy

I haven't had any peeling ... but then my lips weren't particularly chapped when I began using it. I'm pretty careful about trying to keep my lips hydrated ... because I detest the feeling of chapping ... and if they get chapped I'll start chewing and pulling on the loose skin ... which gets them bleeding ... Shock So I do try to keep my lips protected most of the time.

That said ... I really do like this lip treatment ... and aside from the positive results even thus far, I ADORE that I only have to apply it twice a day! I can keep it on my bathroom vanity ... and don't have to worry about it getting lost in my purse [a definite possibility] ... or being in a jacket pocket instead of the coat I'm wearing at the time. Laughing Yes, I think I like the phrase "repeated application not required" is one of my favourite phrases!

Mary

Tue May 22, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I am not taking any oral supplments, the HAs? I have definitely noticed a change in my lips. They are plumper. Before, I had really dry, sensitive skin and therefore dry, sensitive chapped lips. I generally apply only twice a day. My skin got smooth and it was great.

However, I have noticed lately that my skin is now really thin, chapped and I have all sorts of cuts. I think the lip service is too strong? I may have to stop using it now or drastically cut down on my use of it. I also noticed that in the beginning, like the first few weeks, I had no stinging but now I notice that it stings quite a bit when I put on the lip service. Has anyone else had this problem?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm hedging my bets and using HA with MSM capsules and Candessence Lip Service.
I have seen the most impressive plumpness and softness since starting Lip Service last week. "Some" peeling but not enough to look horrid or prevent me from using a tinted lip gloss over it. (Exfoliate with a rough washcloth.)
Not only do my lips look plumper, but they feel like the POOFY 19y/o lips I used to have! Even a better result, I'd say, than collagen injections were for me, since that $800 extravagance only lasted about 1 month!
Very nice - and for $15, used 2Xday, a bargain. I'm impressed with this stuff!
Go CandyGirl!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |