Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advice needed re parcel with missing items
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I ordered some stuff from dianayvonne.com a few weeks ago and was beginning to worry about it not arriving. However, it finally turned up today - with nothing inside.

I'm sure that the contents were put in there originally by the people at dianayvonne, but there are large tears in the package which have been sellotaped up. It would seem to me that this must probably have happened during transit somewhere between the US and here in the UK.

The parcel was sent via Global Priority Mail, and I'm wondering whether anyone has any similar experience. I'm still waiting for my proper PC to come back from Dell (apparently, it should have arrived today and they're chasing it up) so I can e-mail dianayvonne to ask their advice - the details are on my old PC. But I'm guessing that Global Priority probably isn't insured, and the the US and UK postal services will probably blame each other, leaving me without recourse.

Does anyone have any advice for me on what to do next (if dianayvonne can't help), please?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
there are a lot of thieves about. I hope someone admits liability & you either get your goodies or your money back.
Sorry this happened to you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
majorb, I would contact the company and explain what happened. They may be willing to resend the products you ordered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Majorb,

I am with Sally on this.

I found the service at dianayvonne to be excellent, so hopefully they will help to find a solution.

So sorry it happened to you,
Lucy.

P.S. I always try to send things insured given the choice, even within US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
As soon as I get my PC back (it should have been back by now, but hopefully tomorrow), I'll contact dianayvonne and let you know what happens. I doesn't appear to be their fault, but it would be great if they did help me out.

Thanks for all your help and support!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
A while ago I ordered 4 items from The Herbarie and the package only contained two of them. (The enclosed invoice showed them all checked off.) I immediately e-mailed Angie, the owner. She told me all of their packages were checked for content by two different people, and asked me to go through all of the packing materials again (fair enough...we're talking 1/4 oz and 1/2 bottles here). No go ... I'd already checked the first time. She sent out the missing items immediately. THAT's good customer service.

Hope you get the same response from DY.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Majorb,

I would contact them asap, even if you don't have all the details handy. Also, save the packaging.

IMO, this should be covered by the company. I would be interested in knowing their response.

What a rotten thing to happen to you. Especially disappointing when it's goodies like skincare and beauty products!

Fingers crossed,
montrealgal
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
im sorry to hear that!
contact them asap and read the policies on their website, even tho i think the company should send out the package to u immediately. but also, if u paid by credit card u can get ur money back if u rang ur card company

hope everything turns out ok!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to happen on you. Crying or Very sad

when you receive your pc,you can open the pc immediately,if you find sth lost,you can refuse to sign on the return receipt and take picture.then contact the website service.

I think the website should send your stuff again,they should take the responsibility and resolve this with delivery company.

Hope the good news from you! Smile
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
That's horrible - I hope you can get it resolved quickly with the company. Hope your computer comes home soon too!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again, everyone. Very Happy

Dammit, though, my computer still hasn't arrived yet. Dell now say it should be here on Monday. Can't take any photos or anything of the packaging until I get it back again. Bit of a pain in the bum.

Will let you know how things go.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear that! Crying or Very sad
i hope their will resend for you !
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to give a quick update on this.

Although I lost my order number, etc, because Dell needed to replace my hard drive (and I was daft enough not to have made a back-up), the lady at Dianna Yvonne couldn't have been more helpful. She responded exceptionally quickly to my emails and has offered, in a gesture of goodwill, to re-send my items this one time.

Apparently, the US Mail Service will be issuing stronger envelopes in future for Global Priority Mail use - so I opted to wait until that comes into effect. Should be a much safer method.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with the Customer Service now.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I am verra verra glad for you. I just hope whoever nicked the original stuff gets a severe allergic reaction. OOH I surprise myself with my mean streak sometimes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
so sorry to hear that.
should we take a photo before open the box and after?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I am verra verra glad for you. I just hope whoever nicked the original stuff gets a severe allergic reaction. OOH I surprise myself with my mean streak sometimes.

I'm not usually a vindictive person - but YES, ABSOBLUMMINLUTELY!!!!! Bad Grin
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
so sorry to hear that.
should we take a photo before open the box and after?

Good point!

Actually, I remembered to keep the package. Traci from dianayvonne asked me if I could possibly take photos and send them to her, which I did.

So always remember not to throw the packaging away if the same thing happens to you - it's your proof.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
This happened to me too!

I ordered something from Candy which she shipped on the 12th of April by Priority Mail. Guess when it arrived? Today Shock . There was a big tear in the package too.

Thankfully nothing was stolen (lol, maybe because it looked DIY and they can't tell what is the good stuff), but I am very suspicious of USPS. I had asked Candy where my package was on Monday and she told me it was at Hawaii. Puzzle me that.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad it all worked out for you majorb!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I've had the same thing happen to things I've sent overseas.....

You know, I wonder if part of it has to do with the "Homeland Security" business... I know that here in the D.C. area, they open ALOT of stuff. Most of it manages to arrive with the contents intact, but alot of packages ARE opened.

Glad you got it settled though!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I was wondering about that, katee. When a parcel gets damaged in the UK, the Post Office usually puts it in an official sealed plastic bag, but someone had obviously attempted to repair this big rip with sellotape. (Having said that, there was a huge scandal over here about UK postal workers stealing money and stuff from envelopes and parcels. Maybe one of them has droopy boobs and fancied some BND Cream? Shock )
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Actually, I was wondering about that, katee. When a parcel gets damaged in the UK, the Post Office usually puts it in an official sealed plastic bag, but someone had obviously attempted to repair this big rip with sellotape. (Having said that, there was a huge scandal over here about UK postal workers stealing money and stuff from envelopes and parcels. Maybe one of them has droopy boobs and fancied some BND Cream? Shock )

There was?! The b*stards!! I had £40 of M&S vouchers sent to me at Christmas and I got the card ripped open and no vouchers! I hope whatever the thieves bought with my vouchers blew up!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
majorb wrote:

There was?! The b*stards!! I had £40 of M&S vouchers sent to me at Christmas and I got the card ripped open and no vouchers! I hope whatever the thieves bought with my vouchers blew up!

I bet that's what happened to your vouchers, sarah. There was a huge hoo-haa about it not all that long ago. Passports, money, credit cards stolen. Greetings cards were especially targeted because they often contain money or vouchers.

I hope their M&S purchases blew up/choked them/made their bums look huge too! Rotten thieves!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I worked for the UPS Store and my manager opened up any package she thought came from a 'suspicious' person. She never found anything while I was there, but you could tell she just dreamed of catching someone. I'm sure she is happily opening packages to this day.

On another note, I feel everyone's frustration who has had mail stolen. We ordered my husband some running shoes and when we got home last night around 8pm and tracked the package it said it had been delivered at 5:30pm...but there wasn't any package to be found Sad.
I had a dream last night that I saw the jerk who stole them waiting in line at a pawn shop. I ran up to him and snatched the shoes back and started running off. Then it crossed my mind that I would probably be the one going to jail since none of the witnesses understood the whole situation...lol just my luck Smile

I'm also worried that my pearl paste may have been snatched (I know..why would anyone steal pearl paste?..but I think the people who are stealing might be homeless drug addicts that don't know or care...thank goodness our lease is up in a couple of weeks!). We had to unexpectedly go out of town last week and it should have arrived by then/now. My first hunch was to blame it on the post office but after the shoe incident I'm not too sure anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
It's rotten, isn't it, Sundew. Hope you can get your missing parcels sorted out. How dreadful that people will steal stuff from your postbox/doorstep.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |