Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Bobbi Brown cosmetics?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
What are your opinions on bobbi brown cosmetics, i always see it in magazines but it is not widely available in the uk. They have just opened the online shop in the uk so i just placed an order of, the limited edition surf and sand palette and the nectar blush.
has anyone tried these products and what do you think.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I love her e/s and l/s and blush (pale pink) but not a fan of the concealers or foundations...I stroll over to LM for those.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I use her Nude Shimmers eye shadows. I really like them. They aren't too over powering for my fair complexion.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I love her gel eyeliner, lipsticks and lipliners.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I've used BB for over 10 years. They are very good everyday cosmetics, specially the eyeshadows.I sometimes use the e/s as liner inside my eyes. Lip and cheek colors also great though not very long lasting. I've never experienced any irritation with BB cosmetics. Somewhat on the pricier spectrum though. Several shops in London carry them, and I guess other major cities too. A good line.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm really loving her eyeshadows (my fav is Heather). I never used to wear matte shadows, but I've grown quite fond of them at times just to mix things up a bit. I've actually been totally wanting to go back to her counter and buy some more shades and maybe pick up a blush as well. I also have one of the gel eyeliner which is pretty good ... seems to stay in place fairly well.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Gel eyeliner!
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use BB with BB Brush?

I tried this eyeliner and satisfy the result.
and add it into my next purchasing. but the brush is not cheap,is there any else brush to replace BB one? Confused
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I love her Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners, eyeshadows, shimmer brick compacts, lip colors, lip shimmers, lip glosses, powder blushes and some of her brushes. I'm not so crazy about her foundations or powders though. Anyway, can you send me the link of her UK online shop? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
beautydream wrote:

and add it into my next purchasing. but the brush is not cheap,is there any else brush to replace BB one? Confused

I use the BB gel eyeliner with MAC brush, mainly becausse MAC is cheaper. It works well for me. I think there may be some other good quality brushes at even lower price, but I don't know too much about brush either.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use BB Blemish concealer and it works well for me.

I used to use BB foundation stick and it created a wonderful finish; however, since coming off accutane and antibiotics, I kept breaking out from it. It has Ethylexl Palmitate as the second ingredient, which is highly comedogenic. If you are not acne prone, the foundation stick has a great finish.
Alisuchi
5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like most of her products, but i will second the dislike for her powders.
I do like the colors of her foundation products, very yellow-based (which is good when you have yellow skin like me Very Happy ). I personally use the foundation stick, which I do not find pore-clogging..and the moisturizing formula blends really well--it is what i used to put on clients when i worked for BB as a makeup artist.
I LOVE her pale pink blush also--perfect color and it lasts all day.
A lot of her products are a bit pricey, however...
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
i've only ever used the gel liner- it has pretty good staying power but is not completely smudgeproof
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
carmenlu wrote:
beautydream wrote:

I use the BB gel eyeliner with MAC brush, mainly becausse MAC is cheaper. It works well for me. I think there may be some other good quality brushes at even lower price, but I don't know too much about brush either.

Thanks!carmenlu
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I tried BB's concealers and eyeliner. concealers is great. Although recently i like MAC more which is more smooth, BB Eyeliner is good.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I really like her line. I'm a fan of the more natural look.
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
When i'm after natural look I simply love using her stuffs! I have a couple of shimmerbricks and they are lovely for all over face highlighter or blush. I've got their natural e/s palette form 06 as well... and super love the sleek packaging which is good for bringing around... I've just gotten hold of 2 of their gel liners and they are great! nice color selection and they stay on! Don't really fancy their lipgloss though, seems to have a weird smell?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I have always been a fan of BB but have found since they were bought out by Estee Lauder their products are not the same.
Their shadows and blushes dry out very quickly and do not have the same texture or last as long as they did years ago.
The same opinion with MAC cosmetics not what they were 14 years ago!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
gel eyeliner and brush are good!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I love, love, love her lip glosses!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of BB lip glosses and blushes. Her gel eyeliners are cool too (ivy shimmer and chocolate shimmer).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I am using Bobbi Brown's:
foundation
concealer
loose powder
creamy blush
eyebrow powder

I really love these items!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried her powder blush in Ski Slope? It looks really nice online. I had a look at the BB counter here, but it's not available in Thailand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Since my first post in this thread, I have sinced tried many more items from the Bobbi Brown line. I have the corrector and the regular concealor (sold with the powder underneath) and find it really works well for me. I was worried because it was really creamy that it might crease under my eyes, but the powder seems to prevent that. I also love her blushes (Dessert Rose and Peony) and her eyeshadows and gel liner. I think lately I'm a little Bobbi Brown obsessive. Smile
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried many of BB's skincares as I am a little bit addicted into skincares. Unfortunately, I found the EXTRA line doesn't fit my combination skin, its too greasy and I am tend to break out. Crying or Very sad

The brightening serum doesn't do a good job either.

But their star products, such as eye gel, shimmer brick, brush and lip gloss are all wonderful:)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |