Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that is an amazing concentration of aminos. You can lose weight on protein powder drinks IF you use them as meal replacements.

I don't understand the huge leap in cost though.
Where did you find this, Ninetynine?

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi - hope it is ok if I am here still since I am just turning 51.

Back to skin ..... has anyone found a HG for those tired days when face looks lifeless and grey? Hope I am not the only one here who looks like this sometimes.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Took my first (3 caps) of Amino Burst 3000 today. I am a little wired. Well, actually I am a lot wired. Shock Probably need to ease into this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Took my first (3 caps) of Amino Burst 3000 today. I am a little wired. Well, actually I am a lot wired. Shock Probably need to ease into this.

Frodo, what do you mean "wired"? Very energetic? Ease into it if you need to but there's no way you could be "wired" UNLESS you had nothing but protein today. Did you?

The Dr. Atkins' Diet has that effect sometimes toward the end of the first week since almost nothing but protein is allowed during that week.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I had oatmeal for breakfast so I could take my sups then I had a latte and chocolate for lunch. I have a latte and chocolate everyday so I think it was the new stuff. Will ease into but to be honest I got a ton of stuff done today and didn't get tired out like I normally would by now. I had a normal dinner. Who knows maybe if I cut the latte and chocolate I can loose some weight with this stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Wow, that is an amazing concentration of aminos. You can lose weight on protein powder drinks IF you use them as meal replacements.

I don't understand the huge leap in cost though.
Where did you find this, Ninetynine?

Ari

I found the mega whey extreme at GNC's website in US but I don't think they stock it here in Sydney as I went into the shops last night and they didn't have it. Here's the link:
htt00p://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2615315&cp=2522433.2615889.2169539&parentPage=family

If you click on label, you will be able to see the amino acids per serve.

The 3 lbs 100% Whey Protein powder is selling in the US for US$29.99 but in Sydney they are selling it for approx US$71 (A$85.95). Maybe not 3x but more than twice! These are regular prices without the member gold card discount.

Tue May 01, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I am soon to be 61. Have received many comments about 'nice skin', 'look more like 40'. Smile Genetics and not smoking contribute greatly (in my opinion).

Skin has always been very dry. Most of my skin cleansing regimen has been a drop of baby oil and very warm water for washing. It works as good as anything I have ever purchased. BUT - again, my skin is very dry by nature. Any oil and it would probably be a problem.

Arrow But .. my favorite 'product' is Dermatone. In my opinion it lives up to the hype.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of your also tried the muscle stim type devices like Dermatone? I wonder what makes more of a difference on over 50 skin? To stimulate the underlying muscles or add more oxygen to the skin which is what Baby Q is doing. Not sure what FaceMate types are actually doing to skin. I have done the muscle stim things and I do think they can make you look more alive in the same way exercising your body makes your body look better. Toning the facial muscles does seem to give a glow to the skin too but does not address the surface. Maybe the skin is the bigger issue once we get closer to Menopause and after. It is the largest organ. Also have you ever noticed these women who have face lifts and things are positioned back right but their skin gives them away. Just lacking a quality that younger skin haves. I had long talk with them at Baby Q today and they did say that it is individual and some will not see any improvement, some will see a little and some significant. They are fair to have the return policy to try it out. Any thoughts?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of us loooove our BabyQ's. I'm so glad Katee turned us on to the baby. Salli has a DPL that she adores, too.

hth

A

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
A lot of us loooove our BabyQ's. I'm so glad Katee turned us on to the baby. Salli has a DPL that she adores, too.

hth

A

Hi A

I know from another thread I started that Scalawaggirl loves it. She is younger than I am though. What exactly are you seeing? Are you seeing just a brightening effect or more than that? What about texture, plumpness, firmness, lifting, color etc? I know we are all different but if I have some good responses I can copy them and show my husband. He refuses to believe it does anything and does not want to get this for me for my birthday. I told him about the return policy but I think it is not the kind of thing he sees as a gift from him. On the other hand it is a great gift for me and it is about what I want not what he wants to give. I think if he has more proof is it's efficacy he might open up to it. I will do a search for it here too but I am specifically interested in how the 50's+ women are liking it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest,

It's me again! - I sympathise with the husband issue, I have exactly the same problem, men just don't get this stuff. Just explain to him all the money you're saving by using a home device instead of all the expense of having treatments in a salon. Plus you can tell him that this is a gift that will last - after all lots of men give spa gift certificates as presents and they're a one-off thing.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mommydearest,

I'm 56 and I'm seeing reduction in sun damage on my neck (redness) and fading of spots on forehead and hands using the BQ. I'm seeing lifting and tightening and better skintone & clarity. I use the BQ as a pusher for my serums, which really ramps-up results. Let's see--oh yeah a BIGGIE--I'm seeing some nice lifting of my upper eyelids and an overall reduction in lines.

Even if you don't use DPL or the BabyQ on top of your serums, you'll get better blood circulation to the skin resulting in increased efficacy of your serums (when used right after the BQ or DPL) for that very reason.

If you want a lot of portability for using all over your body go for the BQ. If you have time constraints and only want to use it on your face, neck and decollete, you might be happier with the DPL from NCN (and, I understand, that you can remove the panels on the DPL to use on your legs or arms, etc.) The BQ and the DPL use the same light technology and work in exactly the same way, only the construction is different.

hth

A

p.s. Hubby bought mine for me 'cause I wanted it so badly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Mommydearest,

I'm 56 and I'm seeing reduction in sun damage on my neck (redness) and fading of spots on forehead and hands using the BQ. I'm seeing lifting and tightening and better skintone & clarity. I use the BQ as a pusher for my serums, which really ramps-up results. Let's see--oh yeah a BIGGIE--I'm seeing some nice lifting of my upper eyelids and an overall reduction in lines.

p.s. Hubby bought mine for me 'cause I wanted it so badly.

A- nice hubby. Not sure mine will come through. I will show him what you said though. What kind of serums do you use under it? Also they told me the Baby is great for smaller areas like a bruise or for hair loss. I was thinking of using it on Husband's nose and son's bruises and sore muscles from sports, my lower back ain and occasional stiff neck or TMJ issues. If this is the case will Baby be better choice right? or the SP but can't splurge on that right now. Also what about traveling? Are both ok for that? The time issue does concern me but if I break it up to 15 minutes a night I think it might be better. I will have to go in the DPL site because I don't really understand how it works with the panels and everything.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Either one will work beautifully for the areas you mentioned. The BabyQ is a lot easier to travel with, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Either one will work beautifully for the areas you mentioned. The BabyQ is a lot easier to travel with, though.

what about a plumping effect? Seen that? How about acne or any bumps or cysts under skin or pores? Seen improvent there? I am trying to decide between this or FaceMate. The other is much less expensive but the Baby might do all this does an more. Unfortunately there is really now way to know but to dish out the money and try them.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I haven't experienced that "lack of fullness" and contour associated with aging so I can't really address plumping per se. My assumption is that you would get plumping because it is definitely filling in the lines with new collagen production. I have some issues here that have caused me not to be able to find the time to use my BQ as much lately. But, there hasn't been any degradation of the previous benefits so I know the effects aren't temporary while you're using the BQ--they are definitely cumulative.

A

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Besides the time difference required for using the DPL and BQ, are there any other differences in terms of results with these products ie quicker results, greater improvement etc.

I remember when I went to NCN site, they said that you should put your face, I think, half an inch in front of the DPL panels. Is this correct? Do you need to wear eye mask?

What is the amount of time required when using the BQ. I don't have enough free time after work so I think this is an important factor and how many times a week do I need to use either machine?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine, I love the DPL - one major reason is that you can do your entire face in 9 minutes. I just incorporate it into my morning/evening routine. I've tried using devices that took 15-20 minutes and you had to move them around and I will tell you that I lost interest really fast. This is so easy for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I forgot one of your questions, for optimal results Nanci at NCN recommended that for the first 10 weeks I do two 9 minute treatments per day. After that I go to two treatments per week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I am "one of those" that neither the Quasar SP (returned) or the lightstem worked for me. I kept the lightstem to use on my shin area when it starts to ache and it works for that.

On another note, does anyone in this age group use Alpha Derma CE and if so is it doing anything for you?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I am "one of those" that neither the Quasar SP (returned) or the lightstem worked for me. I kept the lightstem to use on my shin area when it starts to ache and it works for that.

On another note, does anyone in this age group use Alpha Derma CE and if so is it doing anything for you?

TIA

What is the light Stim?

Doesn't the Alpha Derma CE have Argereline in it? Is there any truth to the sagging risk with it or was it all a hoax?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hope this is OK to post here but I need some recommendations!

I'm 52 and take all my vitamins and minerals, flax seed oil daily and walk 4 miles a day.

My skin is slightly lack lustre a little dry/dehydrated not too many wrinkles.

I have use LP, La Mer, Z Bigatti, Darphin, Kate Somerville, Sisley and many more.

I use Cetaphil as a cleanser, and just received the Clarisonic. I just ordered Cellcosmet activator gel and am thinking of getting a Vitamin C serum.

After reading through most of the threads it seems that Vivier at 20% is a popular one.

I'd appreciate opinions, I didn't really want to get into the Valmont line or more of the Cellcosmet line b/c any of the high end lines have done no more for my skin than Dermalogica or similar.

I'm open to all your suggestions!!
TIA
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi mishie - What would you like to improve? Skin tone, fine lines, dryness, etc.? Do you use sunscreen? Or are you mainly just wanting feedback on the Vivier serum?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I guess I am looking for a review of the Vivier serum, from the reading I have done on this forum it seems what I have been missing in my skincare regime is the Vitamin C.

I am certainly open to ANY recs for anything that will help give more clarity to the skin and keep fine lines and wrinkle to a minimum.

Thanks so much for your reply!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have used samples of the Vivier Kine-C serum, and it was FABULOUS!!! EDS was out of it at the time (I think they still are), so I caved in and bought Cellex C on the shopping Channel here in Canada. I had used Cellex C years ago, and was not that impressed with it, but the "deal" on TSC was so good, and I thought maybe it would work better for my skin now. Well... I am still not that impressed with it, and disappointed yet again!!
I would definitely rate the Vivier C serums very high. The one I used was not drying and not sticky, and I DID see a difference in my skin tone after about 2 weeks. Also, I could use it during the day without it affecting my creams or make-up...the Cellex C on the other hand, (even with moisturizer over) was a terrible base under make-up. If I was using MMU, it made my skin look dry, and if I use liquid foundation, little "bits" would roll off as I was applying the make-up. I can therefore only use the Cellex C at night, which really messes up my usual routine!
Next time round I am going for a Vivier C serum!!
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |