Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="mommydearest]
I would like the collagen building benefits. Are you seeing that? Sorry if you mentioned this and I missed it.[/quote]

Hi Mommydearest!

If you want the collagen building benefits - than my first advice would be to start using CPs. I can't remember if you use them or not, but CPs definitely work on collagen building and thickening of the skin.

As for BQ (I don't think I had time to answer you PM), I think it does thicken the skin. However, I've spent most of my 4 months of using BQ on trying the anti-acne protocol. And that didn't really work. So I didn't do much for my other skin issues. I recently switched to the anti-aging protocol and I am seeing some nice improvements in my skin. I do use a number of good actives, so it's hard to tell if the benefits are from the BQ, the actives or the combination of both. The skin improvements I see so far:
* smoother and more even skin (on touch)
* thicker skin under eyes (this area was paper thin last winter, 2005-06)
* smaller pores

Areas where I haven't seen much improvement (yet!):
* lightening of the blemishes (I have sun spots and those pink/brown acne scars)
* reduction of lines (although they do look better due to the skin thickening)

As far as I understand, different routines work for different people. And I haven't tried many different routines. My hope is that the change I'll make (starting tonight) with applying actives first and then doing the treatment, will result in some further improvements.

Tonight, I'll do the following:

* Cleanse
* 2% BHA - 30 min wait
* CP & Super CP serum mix
* BQ treatment
* Pearl Powder Paste
* Mix of Pearl Powder Mist and Rosehip oil

We'll see how it goes! I'll keep you posted!

Rubby.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
FYI

Just spoke to a plastic surgeon and asked some questions. Answers were:
Copper peptides...yes, some plastic surgeons recommend them after cosmetic surgery, but there is no REAL evidence that they do anything. In his practice, the results were not worth the effort.
Light therapy...yes it's good but do not use with Botox. I forgot to ask about fillers.

I thought I would throw this in just for a bit of info...of course everyone has their own opinions based on their experiences.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rubby

I have such thick skin as it is and maybe that is why I did not see any difference before with the CP's. Or maybe they just don't work for me.I am planning on trying it again and this time starting right off with stronger. I was not taking high dose of Vit C with it but I have problems with high doses of C (even Ester C) because of IBS. I was thinking that one of these gadgets might help push the CP's into my skin better. What do you think?

Sounds like a good plan you have there. Did you look into the Light Stim? It looks like it is also a combination of LED and InfaRed. Much less expensive too but people complained about the light bothering their eyes. Not sure it is as good quality though and in the end might not be worth it. I have chronic dry eyes and would want to go close to them to try and thicken skin around eyes too as you have done.

Yes it does sound like BQ might take some patience to get the right protocol and I guess some women get frustrated with this and just say it does not work. I am willing to work with it.

MD
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I am desperately seeking some recommendations for foundation for mature skin. For the past 4 years or so I have been using MMU and have been very happy with it. However, lately I'm starting to feel like one of those old women you see that have makeup on that looks like a mask. My skin is very flaky at the moment as I've been on an all out assault with peels and Retin-A and the MMU really tends to exaggerate the dryness. I thought perhaps a tinted moisturiser would be good so I've ordered the Burt's Bees one but it hasn't arrived yet. What I'm after is something that evens out skin tone and covers imperfections but doesn't look too thick. I want that dewy skin look - am I asking for too much? Probably what I need is a miracle but if any of you have any ideas, I would love to hear from you. TIA.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu I have 52 year old skin and have tried them all. I also thought that the MMU on me looked like a mask!

I have used BB, La Prairie, Chanel, Laura Mercier and many others.
They all seem to have hydrating, luminous coverage and all at different price ranges.
After I few years I realized that $150 for LP didn't look any different than Chanel or BB at $50.00.

I actually just ordered Faceatelier after reading Casper's Mum recommendation. You can order sample colors for $1.00 each and they have in separate containers what is called "plus" and "minus".
One darkens the color and one lightens the color. I am looking forward to receiving my order.
Here is the link, have a look!
http://www.faceatelier.com/face/ca/web.nsf/fmPublic
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu - I have a friend who's 55 and she swears by this tinted SS:

Avène Sunblock SPF 50 Cream Sans Parfum 50 ml.

It's a purely physical SS. She has dry, fair skin with some pigmentation and she says it evens her skintone and works well under foundation -- which she's able to use less of with this product. It may be something to consider, especially since you're using Retin-A and peels and therefore need to be extra careful about photo-damage.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Interesting--I just ordered the Avene sunblock you refer to. I hadn't realized it is tinted, though. I hope it doesn't make my foundation turn a weird color. Will report once I have it in hand.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi flitcraft - I know -- it doesn't seem to say on the tube or box that it's tinted, but my friend swears it is -- she doesn't have Internet access at the moment and called me last week to ask me to order some for her. We were on the phone together and I described what I was seeing on tubotica, describing the blurb, the packaging etc., and she confirmed it was the product she was looking for.

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine brought me back 2 tubes of Avene Creme SPF50+ (in the orange tube, with Tinosorb) and I didn't think I would like it because it was the tinted version. But I DID like it! And I ended up ordering more of the same (use this formula in Winter when my skin's dryer). The tints are very subtle but effectively prevent these from looking too white on the skin.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reassurance, m. april, I am anxious to try the Tinosorb formula. It sounds like it would be good for those of us with dryer skin, too.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
I actually just ordered Faceatelier after reading Casper's Mum recommendation. You can order sample colors for $1.00 each and they have in separate containers what is called "plus" and "minus".
One darkens the color and one lightens the color. I am looking forward to receiving my order.
Here is the link, have a look!
http://www.faceatelier.com/face/ca/web.nsf/fmPublic

This looks interesting. What did Casper's Mum like about it? It does have silicone in it - I thought this was a no no, anyway, with samples for $1.00 I'll definitely give it a go. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance, m. april, I am anxious to try the Tinosorb formula. It sounds like it would be good for those of us with dryer skin, too.

Hi, m.april - thanks for your recommendation. I do currently have the Megan Gale Tinted Sunscreen which is very good (my daughter swears by it). But I find that it looks good immediately after I've put it on, then after a while, the tint slides into my wrinkles.

Flitcraft, I'll be interested in your feedback on this one.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I love this topic. Just turned 50 in February. Have been following this forum for a couple of years but rarely post. I have used Vit C because of EDS and I think it has helped postpone further pigmentation and lines. have also tried argiline products and IS clinical, not sure if they make a difference or not

The following was asked in April but I can't see a response. I am greatly interested in eye cream suggestions for overall moisture/hydration but also to help with the thinning/sagging appearance of the skin. I apologize for not doing the quote thing correctly. Thanks!

"Also, I know it's been asked a million times before on the forum, but since it's just us older women chatting here, I wonder if any of you have strong opinions about eye creams? I know bushy loves Valmont L'Elixir and has lately touted the merits of Dr. Renaud, but are there any second opinions? Or any other ideas? I guess I should tell you all that I don't yet have a crows feet problem, but I have those little crosshatch-type lines under the inner corners of my eyes. TIA for any feedback about this!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you asked this question, Gaby. I am also looking for a good eye cream.
Any recs would be great.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Re: eye cream ...

Have you guys tried Ultra Emu Oil mixed with HA? I love it and find it the BEST moisturizer for all of me because it can be so individualized from person to person AND area to area!

At night I use it with only a little HA because I don't care about the "greasy" factor, but during the day I mix it about 50/50 depending on the weather, my own skin conditions etc. etc.

I am loving this thread as well! I used to love MMU and am now having my doubts. Maybe I just need to look for a new brand when this foundation (BE) runs out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Keliu I was hoping my samples would have arrived yesterday but they didn't!!
I can't wait to see what this foundation is all about, maybe by Monday I'll be able to give you more info!

Debster1000 I just ordered Skinceuticals eye balm, heard really great things about it.
After that arrives I'll let you know what it's like! BTW I have used Cellcosmet, La Mer, La Prairie eye creams with no success.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
FYI ladies - While I've been pleased so far with results I've gotten from using NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex, at the same time I've backed away from regular SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic use. Fine lines around my eyes have gotten more pronounced, so I resumed C just the other day and I already see improvement. Lesson learned.
Caspers Mum

Mon May 14, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
I am not close to 50 let alone 55 but I really enjoyed this thread and hate to see it derailed/hijacked, whatever someone wishes to call it. It's probably too late unless the mods step in and ask those who've had a hand in the shenanigans to stop. I enjoyed hearing from some very wise and lovely ladies. I don't care to listen to silly nicknames...those belong in the lounge. If a member wanted testers she could have asked or pm'd in another venue. Doing so here was inappropriate and rude. MHO.

kimberly

Thank you Kimberly, for putting so eloquently what I have been feeling. This had been such an enjoyable thread. Surely we have all learned the kaos that has been created in the past when members talk about products that are not available. Can anyone say Lush Lash? And this bullying MM is reprehensible.

I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK & TIRED OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE SAME, REPETITIVE MALARKY ON HERE, EVERYONE! Mad
I want the D.I.Y. section gone, period. The arguements are helping this along nicely.

If you want to keep this section, I will advise that you govern yourselves accordingly.

LAST WARNING!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
FYI ladies - While I've been pleased so far with results I've gotten from using NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex, at the same time I've backed away from regular SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic use. Fine lines around my eyes have gotten more pronounced, so I resumed C just the other day and I already see improvement. Lesson learned.

Hi April,
Interesting. I quick using Vit C in January decided I'd buy from a new vendor but haven't yet. Other than the brightening I've not noticed any changes. I'm glad you're enjoying the NIA. Btw, I heard the other day, a client is bringing me a sample of a new line developed by nurses who worked in a burn unit. I'll get back to you with the name when I get it.

kimberly
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info BluesHeart!

BTW, I'm not saying SC C sera are the answer, but so far for me the CE+F performs. There are many other good brands on the market but I've tried a few and have settled on this one since I DO notice results. It may be as much the E as the C though, or just that it's well-formulated, but fine lines are definitely kept at bay. I've even been able to use it twice a day without irritation and that's when I noticed better freckle fading. But this could admittedly be too much for some sensitive skin types, and now that I'm using NIA24 SSC, I can't seem to fit in twice-a -day C application.

So many products, so little skin (and time).
Mabsy

Mon May 14, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:

I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK & TIRED OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE SAME, REPETITIVE MALARKY ON HERE, EVERYONE! Mad
I want the D.I.Y. section gone, period. The arguements are helping this along nicely.

If you want to keep this section, I will advise that you govern yourselves accordingly.

LAST WARNING!

Agreed. What has been happening on the forums in terms of arguments and accusations has been almost entirely caused by members making products and people discussing these (and their loyalties) on the forum. This situation has gotten ridiculous and if it does not stop I'm sure the DIY section will entirely disappear and any mention of members creating their own products will be deleted because of the risk of ugly accusations and arguments, which are damaging the forum. Unless you want this to become a retail-only type forum, I'd suggest you all step back and reconsider what you post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone heard of this line? It is sold at a Women's Center run by a local hospital where I live. They were giving out samples and people were saying how nice this line was.

http://www.lathene.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=26
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
never heard of it is it aimed at the over 55's age group?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart - I'm beginning to get suspicious of the proliferation of anti-aging products that claim to be based on wound-healing treatments and technology -- seems to be one of the latest marketing gimmicks to me. And I couldn't find ingredients listed for these products -- maybe I missed them though.

But having said that, I'm all ears to hear what you think of the samples you try! Keep us posted!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Salli am I reading this right, you use the a light machine, but not the BQ, have you ever used the BQ, if so can you compair the two? Having only used the BQ, I am curious if they are pushing serums in, in the same fashion?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mel, I've never used the BQ. I use the DPL. They are both the same technology and yes I definitely feel that it is pushing the ingredients in further. I have it on the advice of a skincare professional that there is a dermatologist that uses this same light technology with copper peptides and is having great success with it.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |