Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
FYI:

Dr. Atkins died at 72 from brain injuries after falling outside his clinic in NY.
Dr. Perricone is alive and well. And yes very rich from selling his products.
Dr. Linus Pauling, (Nobel Chemistry Prize winner 1954, then won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1962) advocate of high doses of vitaimin C, died in of prostate cancer in 1994. He was 93.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
I also bought the Wagner Ester C. Unfortunately, I checked the bottle tonight and it is not Ascorbyl Palmitate - darn!

I can only find Dr Perricone's Vitamin C Ester on-line in Australia,and they are only 250 mg capsules. They are quite expensive. Each bottle only has 60 capsules. Do we need to 1000mg of Vit C Ester per day or will a smaller dosage do? Otherwise, I will finish a bottle every 15 days!
nt(?) but they don't ship to Australia Sad

Yes, and I paid AUD$37.50 for the Wagner Ester-C. Its also difficult to find MSM in Australia - its always combined with glucosamine. I did find one brand which is a powder, Nutralife. It cost AUD$24.95 - the bottle is 12cm tall but when I opened it, there was only about 5cm of powder in it (100gms). So the bottle wasn't even one third full. Talk about deceptive packaging. I was going to take it back to the health food shop, but really it's not their fault. I also wanted to take hyaluronic acid tablets, but they're not available here also.

Ninetynine, if you come across a place to buy any of the above, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

I did find a site that sells MSM 1000mg capsules. They aren't cheaper though - AUD$48 + postage for 250 caps. I'll put in an order later this week. Still can't find the Vit C Ester here in Oz.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, this is a fantastic group!!
I have a couple of questions, I dont want to change the course of discussion, but id really appreciate if somebody could help me:
1. my cosmetician used a fantastic germs mask. She first covered my face with humid cotton and then put the mask. Did anybody used such a mask? I dont know the name, i would want to buy it.
2. If you use CP serum in the evening, what serum u use in morning?
3. Although i am lucky with my weight, my arms look like i have cellulite. What do i have to do, and why are this way? Do i need to firm my skin? How?
Sorry i ask too many questions! Embarassed
TIA
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
Wow, this is a fantastic group!!
I have a couple of questions, I dont want to change the course of discussion, but id really appreciate if somebody could help me:
1. my cosmetician used a fantastic germs mask. She first covered my face with humid cotton and then put the mask. Did anybody used such a mask? I dont know the name, i would want to buy it.
2. If you use CP serum in the evening, what serum u use in morning?
3. Although i am lucky with my weight, my arms look like i have cellulite. What do i have to do, and why are this way? Do i need to firm my skin? How?
Sorry i ask too many questions! Embarassed
TIA

Gee, I have no idea about that mask but it does sound fascinating!

I use a Vitamin C serum in the morning and my retinoid and CPs at night.

Regarding your arms, have you tried dry brushing? Do you use a "clean" (no sls) body wash? I found that when I dry brush my body skin it looks MUCH healthier. Also when I changed from using soap to an SLS-free wash that made a huge difference as well.

Good luck ... and welcome!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
We all have developed a skin program by this age that we like and offers results. What I have started that makes more difference than my skin care is facial exercises and the use of frownies at night. The combination takes years and years off your face. I am new here and I am surprised not to find post about facial exercises.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am new here and I am surprised not to find post about facial exercises.
Toby

Hi Toby. Welcome to the forum. If you do a search of "Facial AND exercises" you'll find this has been discussed with lots of useful information.

HTH
Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I had been searching by typing in facial exercises and couldn't find anything. Thanks for the tip, I start reading!!!! I thought with the wealth of information and exerperience on this forum surely someone is using facial exercises, and they are!!!!!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="4sons
Gee, I have no idea about that mask but it does sound fascinating!

I use a Vitamin C serum in the morning and my retinoid and CPs at night.

Regarding your arms, have you tried dry brushing? Do you use a "clean" (no sls) body wash? I found that when I dry brush my body skin it looks MUCH healthier. Also when I changed from using soap to an SLS-free wash that made a huge difference as well.

Good luck ... and welcome![/quote]

4sons, i really appreciate your help, but i must say im not too knowledgeable....so i read what dry brushing is, and im going to do it, i read about retinoids....but what retinoid are you using? What is good and where is to find this thing?What is SLS? Im using the Tawaka Ojon cleanser and conditioner. is good for hair and body, and truly, the skin is very, very soft and lease! Smile
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ..

I did a search on dry brushes and bought one that seemed reasonable (like maybe under $5??). I use it before I shower and "brush" my arms, legs, and torso towards my heart. In the beginning I was pretty timid and gentle about the whole thing but now am quite vigorous. It's good for exfoliation AND circulation!

My Rose Hip Seed Cleaners is from Diane Yvonne, my CP's from Skin Biology, and my Vitamin C is from PSF. I use two kinds of retinoids: Green Cream 6 on my face and PSF's .5% on my neck and upper chest. My neck couldn't tolerate the Green Cream but does quite nicely with the PSF.

Gee ... SLS (I'm sure someone will hop in here). I think it's sodium laurel sulfate (maybe!?!?). I know I just look for something like that and avoid them because they're harsh on my skin. OH. I currently use "Gentle Clean" liquid cleaner on my body ... also from Diane Yvonne. I know there are others out there as well.

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky1: I was getting breakouts (pimples, not rash) too at the tender age of 60 after using DMAE, which is also in CP Accelerator. Nanci at NCN was kind and professional enuf to take it back and refund my $$, but just a heads-up in case that might be causing your prob too.

When I said I wanted to look "youthful" I didn't mean "Clearasil time"!!
HTH
fawnie

5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
4sons, i am checking everything u said, i went on dianas site. I have a question: why dont u use also her c serum? do u buy the cp serum from skinbiology site or from hers? have u tried her other staff?

Thanks alot for being so informative!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
4sons, i am checking everything u said, i went on dianas site. I have a question: why dont u use also her c serum? do u buy the cp serum from skinbiology site or from hers? have u tried her other staff?

Thanks alot for being so informative!

I have never tried her Vitamin C serum but know some really like it! I chose the PSF because of its great reviews ... and have never been disappointed.

Here's what I use:

From Diane Yvonne
* Rose Hip Seed Cleanser (LOVE THIS)
* Super CP Serum (LOVE THIS)
* Acids: mandelic, lactic (for a very specific surgery scar), salicylic (2% and then %5). I will use up these products and not reorder because I don't used acids very much anymore.
*(I have tried and won't reorder: DCX undereye serum, DMAE)

From PSF
* Vitamin C ( LOVE THIS)
* Pumpkin Enzyme Peel/Mask (LOVE THIS)
* Retinoid for my NECK (going from .5 to 1% soon) LOVE THIS
* I have used and won't reorder the Cranberry Eye Gel, the DMAE, and the "Brow Tox."
The retinoid thing (going from .5 to 1% soon)
DMAE (still doesn't do a ton and I won't reorder)

From a variety of sites:
* Green Cream 6. This is the retinoid I use on my face nightly and it has made a HUGE change in my skin. If I had to pick ONE product over ALL (other than sunscreen) I would choose this.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Ruth what a wonderful layout of your skincare regime.

I am interested in knowing about this Green Cream, could this be used in conjunction with CP's or would it be an alternative?

Is a prescription needed for this cream?

TIA!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mishie, I'm not Ruth, but the green cream
can be used in conjunction with the CP serum. I would apply in the PM and wait approx. 20 min before applying CPs.
Green cream comes in different levels and no, you don't need a prescription. http://www.dermstore.com/product_Green+Cream+-+Level+6_10211.htm
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Hi Mishie, I'm not Ruth, but the green cream
can be used in conjunction with the CP serum. I would apply in the PM and wait approx. 20 min before applying CPs.
Green cream comes in different levels and no, you don't need a prescription. http://www.dermstore.com/product_Green+Cream+-+Lev
el+6_10211.htm

I feel like I should know this, but ... what is PSF? Do you use Green Cream instead of Retin A or in conjunction with Retin A? And aren't they the same thing? And do you prefer one over the other? And if so, why? And my head is spinning out of control...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
PSF is Pure Skin Formulations. The products are available right here at EDS.
Green Cream is a form of Retin A so you would not use both.
I know what you mean, it can all be somewhat confusing can't it?
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Yup. I do EXACTLY what Debster 100 does!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:

Do you prefer Green Cream to Retin A?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Debster1000 wrote:

Do you prefer Green Cream to Retin A?

Oops ... one more question ... why do you wait 20 minutes after the Green Cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Debster/Ruth thank you both for the information.

I just checked and there is a Canadian site that sells the product and it is fairly inexpensive.

Having bought all the Valmont, Cellcosmet, La Prairie, and La Mer and many others over the years this is like getting 3 products for the price of 1 Laughing

Ruth would you recommend that I start with the 6 instead of the 3? I have been using Vit C for a while and have just started CP thankfully with no reactions.

Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
kd,

I don't use either LOL!
I do use skinceuticals retinol and have
just ordered Avene retrinal .01%, but
always use before applying my CPs.
I need a prescription for Retin A
here in Canada and may do that at
some point.
Hopefully someone who actually uses Green
Cream or Retin A will be able to give you
a review of these products.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Debster. I do use Retin A .1% and was curious about the difference between products.
This question is for anyone ... after using any sort of cell renewal accelerator (AHA's, retinoids, glycolics, etc.), is it a good idea to wait for a while before putting on CP's?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:

This question is for anyone ... after using any sort of cell renewal accelerator (AHA's, retinoids, glycolics, etc.), is it a good idea to wait for a while before putting on CP's?

YES! While I'm no chemist I DO know that they need at least 20 minutes to "convert." Ok. I call that "sink in time."

LOL.

In the morning I wait 20 minutes after apply vitamin C to put on anything else.

In the evening I wait 20 minutes after applying my Green Cream 6 before applying my CP's. I mix Super CP serum, HA, and ultra emu oil together in my hand and then just slap 'em on!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:

Ruth would you recommend that I start with the 6 instead of the 3?

I would absolutely, positively, NO DOUBT ABOUT it, start with Level 3. Your skin will transition faster and it will still give you some of the great effects.

After you use up a bottle then I'd make the move to GC6. I know Kevin, of the Green Cream board, recommends level 3 first and then he recommends GC 6 twice a day before a bump up to level 9. I use GC 6 once a day and this summer have been working my way up to 2x a day when I have the wait time. I KNOW I can't do this during the school year ... but I'm interested to see if it makes a difference in my skin.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
kd wrote:

YES! While I'm no chemist I DO know that they need at least 20 minutes to "convert." Ok. I call that "sink in time."

LOL.

In the morning I wait 20 minutes after apply vitamin C to put on anything else.

And where do you purchase both your HA and emu? What a great idea to mix them together ... saves a ton of time.

In the evening I wait 20 minutes after applying my Green Cream 6 before applying my CP's. I mix Super CP serum, HA, and ultra emu oil together in my hand and then just slap 'em on!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |