Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I agree also that her money buys her the best of everything, including vitamin therapy, physical trainers, but now that she is the face of MAC cosmetics/skin care - I thought both Welch and MAC cosmetics appeared to be oxymorons by having "secrets". I admit to walking past a MAC counter this week and refusing to buy - and I love MAC lipsticks so much - but MAC lipsticks can't be the answer for women over 55 or Welch would have admitted MAC skin care/makeup was her secret! Welch does have a right to her privacy and I do admire her honesty about not making false claims about MAC but by refusing to share to women of her age group, in my opinion Welch showed her disdainment for all women in her age bracket.

Rolling Eyes
I'm confused . . . Ms. Welch is the new spokeswoman for MAC? MAC is great for younger skin (although I too, love their lipsticks). I tried their MMU and aged me another 10 years. When took it back to Nordstroms and said something to the sales rep, she nodded and said "yeah, Laura Mercier, right across the way, is much better for older women". . .

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="janjan"]I agree with the "secret" being plastic surgery! I remember reading an interview with her in some magazine around the end of last year and she wouldn't talk about her skin care then, either.[/quote]

She did talk about her plastic surgery many years ago when she was first starting her movie career - or else somebody else did. She had herself made over from head to toe to be a glamor girl and pass screen tests.

I remember being shocked and envious and wondering how she found out who to go to. That was way before most people talked about plastic surgery and I didn't even know where to get it. I think it was around the time of her roller derby movie.
valrieM

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I don't know where this reply will end up! I'm new to this forum. I am over 55, tho, and found I started aging at 52. It was like "wham"!
I am currently using a Facemate. I have been using it for about two weeks but not on a daily basis. Does anyone elese us this and if so, have you seen any improvement? I have not yet. I purchased Philosophy Vit C. serum from Ebay because of recs from this forum.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
valrieM, welcome to the forum!

I have not used FaceMate, but maybe this will help -
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23138&highlight=facemate
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
here's another link that may be useful:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21187&highlight=facemate

hope this helps Smile
SunRose
5% products discount

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
sorry, but what is FaceMate?
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
HI - I purchased a Facemate about 2 months ago and am very pleased witht the results. it's one
of those handheld beauty devices which has
ultrasound, microcurrent, LED and cleansing modes. The cleansing mode has kept my face
from breaking out, added smoothness and
firmness. Am tyring to get rid of the wrinkles under my eyes which it hasn't done
yet but has helped with the nasolabial lines around my mouth to diminish. To me it was
well wroth ithe investment and I purchased it off e-bay for a very reasonable price.
I'm in my mid 50's and am trying just about anything to avoid the anti-aging.
Good luck - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I understand you can only purchase the UP5 in Europe - the UK.
Does anyone know if you can buy it in Italy? I am going there next spring - when I turn 50....! And this would be a nice gift for myself. Very Happy I know you can't ship it in due to the FDA regs.

Otherwise I'll go with the facemate.
SunRose
5% products discount

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
so, do some of you actually think facemate is a better thing to purchase than the LED device or the BQ?

I assume one would only need one of the three. Have there been any comparisons done on this forum on the three? I have only seen comparisons on the BQ and LED.

Thanks for anyone's help w/ this. I'm still in the decision-making process.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sun Rose,
As I understand the DPL (Have this) and BQ are similar in results - excellent for the skin texture and tone.
The others - facemate for example and NuFace are not the same action - more contouring, firming of the face I guess with these. I think there is overlap but each device has it's own best thing. Depends what your needs are. I am no expert.
Let us know what you decide!
Sweets
valrieM

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I have been using Facemate for about three weeks now and don't see good results, just more sun damage. It's as if it brought it out onto the surface. Has anyone had any experience like this with the Facemate. I was using it with aloe gel and lotion, then did it with Obagi #5. Then with Philosophy's Vit c and it burned me. If you are having good results with the Facemate, please give your regimen, so I can copy it Wink TIA
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been using the Facemate regularly but do know you need to make sure you are using the 3Mhz setting for the face. 1Mhz is too strong for the face (goes too deep) and can cause sagging. Use 1Mhz for the body - sore muscles, etc.

Do realize that the Facemate helps push the product into your skin. There may be some products that you won't want to use with it - perhaps too strong. I don't know what Obagi #5 is for.

ValrieM - I wonder if you are getting a purging effect from using the Facemate and perhaps things are coming to the surface to clear out. So, maybe things will get "worse" before they get better? Just a thought. hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Valerie M - Okay here is my ritual with the
facemate -
1st cleaning ion mode for 2 minutes in each area of face - use a water based cleanser and
spritz cleanser with water as needed; cleanse
face thoroughly
2nd - use aloe with actives and the 3mhz ultrasound for 3 minutes on each area of face;
cleanse and then use lotions

2nd night - cleansing mode same first;
then use microcurrent on each area of face
with aloe; cleanse thoroughly and use lotions.

I do this about 6 nights a week for first 3 months; then decrease the number of nights
per week. It has done many good things for
my face and neck. Make sure you don't press too hard when you use it! Good luck!

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
This forum is great!
I was always very young looking... and NOW...
I am 56 and am in need of major reconstruction!
I am starting Obagi Nuderm system. I tried it years ago but then got tired of worrying about my skin/my looks and decided to grow old au naturelle.

Woke up about 4 months ago and looked in the mirror - and...
Shock
Who IS that horrid looking old crone in the mirror!?<g>

anyway...just reading and really enjoying this forum!
Thanks!
rafahounds
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend an eye cream that will lift and firm sagging upper eyelids and get rid of undereye wrinkles. I am turning 59 this week and my eye area, especially the left eye is really starting to show its age. Any reason why I would be aging more on the left side?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi stovetop,

Regarding aging more on one side, probably is exposure to the sun. For example, in the car, if you drive on the left side, your the left side of your face would be exposed to sun this way. I'm sure there are other reasons as well but that is my first thought.

I don't really feel comfortable making product recommendations as I haven't tried many eye products. I'm 41yo and have started using Leaf & Rusher Eye Treatment this year. I have seen some improvement in under eye (esp. crow's feet) and it doesn't irritate my eyes. I really started my improved skin care regime this year and have seen many improvements. For instance, I also started alternating using an aspirin mask (Candessence's for normal/dry skin) and NCN 30% Pumpkin Mask. I'm chipping away at the lines (my biggest concerns are crow's feet and ll on forehead).

I don't feel I have a lot of sagging so don't know what to recommend for that - especially since you mentioned a sensitive area - the eyes. On other areas, you could try products with DMAE and/or Matrixyl3000.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I have had good luck with Remergent DNA Repair (this has been the best). I also use a lot of eye creams. My latest favorite is OSEA Eyes and Lips cream, but I only use it around my eyes for day. I also do Vitamin C--Vivier Kinetin every few days. And TNS Illuminating Eye Cream when I don't use the OSEA.
I think my cleansers have also helped: I use OSEA Ocean cleanser, alternating with Primavera Gentle Cleanser from saffronrouge.com The latter leaves my face slightly hydrated, smells like there's some special oil in it (maybe sesame or sunflower), so if I feel my skin is getting too dry, I wash with it once a day and then put the DNA Repair on top of that and maybe some TNS Eye Cream (above) after the DNA soaks in which is very fast.
My face looks a ton better with all this. Oh, and in the morning, if I have time, I will put on some PSF Cranberry gel for eyes. HTH
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Can anyone recommend an eye cream that will lift and firm sagging upper eyelids and get rid of undereye wrinkles. I am turning 59 this week and my eye area, especially the left eye is really starting to show its age. Any reason why I would be aging more on the left side?

Other possibility: do you sleep on your left side?
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Stovetop, another interesting theory as to your left eye "aging". Perhaps it's not aging more at all. It is a given of body language and such disciplines that our faces are not symmetrical in the first place and our eyes are different in that the right eye, if I remember correctly, presents the image of ourself that we want the world to see and believe, but in reality it is the left eye that shows the real person and their intentions. So what you may be seeing is just the disparity between the eyes. I know, I know. I hate to even look at myself in these terms and see what I see, but it is a fact of life. They arrived at this by reversing a half page portrait and setting it next to the other side of the face and then the face did not resemble the real person. I read this quite a long time ago. If I were you, I would just think of treating both eyes the same and working on what can be done to enhance the areas around the eyes and minimize wrinkling.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great info - I never would have considered sun damage and yes I do sleep on my left side. Anyone found any facial exercies that would be effective for droopy eyelids and also any gadets?
sammie
5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just turned 52 and though I look younger than my age, I want to fight the aging process as much as possible. I have developed some puckering around my lower lip that I find horrifying and my jaw line is less defined. Otherwise I just have the usual fine lines and nasolabial folds. My health wasn't too good the last 2 years and it has taken a toll on my skin.

I have used Retin A for years which has been good I think. I am also using Skinceuticals CE ferulic which I really love. But I wonder what will help the loss of tone. I would appreciate your suggestions. I am Baumann skin type ORPW. Thank you!
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
for loss of tone, you might want to try flexeffect--there have been lots of great reviews on this site. there's a thread, called "do you facial exercises?" (or something like that--the typo is intentional!), that is really helpful if you're considering facial exercising. good luck!
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Arielle]Puddin', you missed my point and I'm sorry for that. I didn't know about the CPs and DPL 3 years ago. I was trying all that junk with Argireline and anti-age "stuff". You actually CAN turn back the clock with CPs and DPL (or BabyQ)! These don't just "halt" or "reduce" the appearance of aging, they reverse it![/quote]

I take Vitamin C and MSM. I've added CPs to my daily routine, but I have to admit that for me they have not 'halted' or 'reduced' nor do they 'reversed'. Still the same ol' face day after day... only thing I have not tried is the BQ and I cannot believe that it alone would make the difference with all the other stuff that isn't making any difference!

Still using my sample bottle of CPs and don't know if I will order. I still have lots left so there's still plenty of time for a change of mind about them. I have heard that noticeable differences may take a while, so I guess I'd better be patient!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
The Tua Viso - a handheld electrostimulator, was featured on Rachael Ray's "human cosmetics lab" on Sept. 19th. It is used for treatment of wrinkles and firmness. Cost is approximately $179.00. It was a Rachael Ray RAVE! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
The left side of my face shows quite a bit more aging than the right side.

This is usually explained by the fact that in the U.S., drivers sit on the left side of the car andreceive a lot more sun damage through the left window of their cars.

BF
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |