Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky, A sample bottle of CP Serum is not enough to give us any results, I was told we need to use at least 4 oz. of the serum, then start on Super CP. Most people on this board seem to be committed to CP and some have had results after using Super CP, so it takes time. I've been hesitant to mention that I don't think it's not working for me. On SkinBio there are some fantastic testimonial!!! Are they making it up?

I think I will continue with it till I find out that Super CP is not doing anything for me. At that point I'll switch to the next miracle cream or serum.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
After all the hype here about CP, I tried the weakest one, and after 2 weeks was horrified to see peach fuzz all over my face and chinny chin chin.... Shock Shock Shock

Needless to say it went in the trash.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I didn't have an increase in facial hair but people did report longer eye lashes. Now I'm concerned if eye lashes will grow than facial hair might grow also. OMG, maybe I should stop. Help. How many people had that experience?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza. If you do a search here, you'll find a couple of threads on CP's. I don't think the unwanted hair was a problem for many... Just the unlucky few like moi'

As for the eyelashes, mine have always been fairly long and thick. I didn't notice any change there. Doesn't that just figure?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I didnt implode like I thought might happen when I turned 60. Anyway,I am still working on the same issues-Old acne scars,pores,sagging and wrinkles. The best results I have found for myself is to exfoliate,then CP's.
I still cant figure out which of the "tools" (LightStim,Dermawand,etc)are the best for aging skin.
Oh,and I do not have any extra facial hair from the CPS. I love all the info from this forum.

Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:

I still cant figure out which of the "tools" (LightStim,Dermawand,etc)are the best for aging skin.

Join the club Confused
I use them both and also NuFace, and it's really hard to know what tool is doing what. What I can say with certainty is that my results are good, and I wouldn't part with any of my "toys".

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm a 63 year old newbie..I see here is a group of kindred spirits.. Kassy was kind enough to welcome me onto to the Skintools board- and then I got started.. in two weeks I bought a Nuface and today my Dermawand came and I couldn't wait to pull it out of the box and start using it. I guess I could say that I am making my skin a first priority for the New Year.

I have been using the CPs( haven't gotten to the Supers yet) religiously( just for a few weeks this time around) and already see a difference in smoothness and tone.

I have found one thing ( from MUA reviews) for those of us with dry and dehyrated skin and that's glycerin.. Just plain old glycerin ( $3.99 from the drugstore).. a simple few drops with whatever moisturizer or even water- or foundation will give you that "glossy youthful look" and makes your skin feel just great. But only a drop or two- or else it's grease city. Everybody on MUA raves about it and I can see why. Boy was I impressed!!! I will use this forever.

A couple of questions.. Kassy what's the serum(s) that you mix up and where do you get the ingredients? Has anybody used the PSF Cranberry gel and is it as good for gals our age as for the junior members?

Nice to be part of this group!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love the PSF, but wouldn't use it alone. It's not moisturizing enough. I use it by itself on my lids though and it's actually given me my lids back! But for the under eye area, you'd probably need something more emollient on top.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Cowgirl! Yes, we are kindred spirits from all parts of the globe!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgal44 wrote:
I'm a 63 year old newbie..I see here is a group of kindred spirits.. Kassy was kind enough to welcome me onto to the Skintools board- and then I got started.. in two weeks I bought a Nuface and today my Dermawand came and I couldn't wait to pull it out of the box and start using it. I guess I could say that I am making my skin a first priority for the New Year.

I have found one thing ( from MUA reviews) for those of us with dry and dehyrated skin and that's glycerin.. Just plain old glycerin ( $3.99 from the drugstore)..

A couple of questions.. Kassy what's the serum(s) that you mix up and where do you get the ingredients? Has anybody used the PSF Cranberry gel and is it as good for gals our age as for the junior members?

Nice to be part of this group!!

Howdy Cowgal!
I'm glad your enjoying yourself, and saddled on up to the 'toys' band wagon with the rest of us...

To answer your 'serum' question, all I really do, is start with a good quality moisturizer, i.e.; AOX is what I use, and then I add my own goodies to it as follows in the following proportions;

5% Idebenone
10% Matrixyl 3000
10% Argireline

It's not an exact science, but it winds up being as good or better than the $125. an ounce fancy ones that are selling everywhere. And I can make about 15 times the amount for the same $125..and don't have to guess about how much of the 'good' stuff is really in there.

I buy everything I need at http://www.cellbone.com But many other sites sell actives for DIY's.

I totally agree with you about the glycerin. It's especially nice for us oldies but goodies! You might want to consider mixing up a glycerin/distilled water/aloe concoction to use with your NuFace and Derma Wand. I mostly just use the distitlled water which I have in a spray bottle, but every once in a while I use the above mixture. I don't like the gel that comes with NuFace.

I love, love, love my Derma Wand now. The first time I used it though I was much too aggressive (setting at 9), and wound up with broken caps across my cheeks. So just start slowly and work up to the higher settings over a week or so. I use mine once or twice a day and it really is doing a good job at lifting things up. I love it, and have made myself a nice aggressive little routine with it that's working.

So once again Cowgal, welcome to the forum...And be sure to save up all your nickels, dimes, dollars + C notes, because you've only just begun the addictive spending spree you've found here.....LOL

Don't cha just love, love, love EDS.. Dancing

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to be part of this group... There's a saying, "Looking Good is the best revenge." We all have things going on in our lives, but if you can look in the mirror and say, " Hey I look pretty good--- for my age or maybe on a good day- even better.' Then it makes all these creams, gels, gadgets and tools worth it.

Having said that, I certainly would love to get my upper lids back, so I'm going to order it. Mentioned on the other board ( tools) that I got an anti-puff serum from GoW which I'm very happy with for under eyes. I guess at a certain point, each part of your body requires something special!!

Am on my first day of trying Green Cream (6) twice a day right after I did my second Dermawand treatment. We'll see what happens......
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgal, Keep at it with the Derma Wand for the upper lids, it has really opened my eyes up.

I'm used to it now though, and use it at #8 all around the eye area, really lifting and holding the whole upper eye at brow bone.

Okay, now tell me all about the "Go W", I have under eye bags that are relentless..HELP!!!

Kassy

Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
GOW stands for Garden of Wisdom

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/home.html

They have DIY ingredients as well as finished
products. Great customer service also.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cool! I'll check it out..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Cowgal44 I got an anti-puff serum from GoW which I'm very happy with for under eyes.[/quote]

Please tell me the details. I sorely need some major "anti-puff"ing under the eyes.

Kassy

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
It was the serum I'd mentioned on the "Tools" board. There's one for just anti-puff ( the one I got) and there's also one for anti-puff And dark circles. I am really finding the anti-puff one( using it for 2 weeks) pretty effective(the puffs are not quite as puffy)- and for $11.00 it's worth a try. Also, check out on their message board a discussion about A-la with Emu.. someone was raving about it for the eye area( recently). I did go to check it out and it said the product was not available and I e-mailed Markey,who runs the site and formulates the products to ask her about it. She hasn't gotten back to me yet about it. Garden of Wisdom is a great site to check out for finished products as well as all kinds of ingredients at a very reasonable price.

Also, checked out cellbone. Has anybody used their products? They look Really interesting- look like they are high quality and the sale items are at a pretty reasonable price tag.

Kassy, I did want to know more about the serums you've mixed. Could you please PM me or would it be ok if I PMed you to inquire about some of the ingredients?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cowgal,

I can't find the 'tools" thread you referred to, please put the link here, or just tell me the name of the "cream".....My bags will be most grateful.

As far as the serum, I just mix it with the percentages I described above into a ready made moisturizer.. I don't have it down to a science or anything..(that's Carekates department) I just followed the directions cellbone.com recommended.

Feel free to PM me though, if you need anything further.

Kassy

Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Not Cowgal here, but I think this is the link that you're looking for

http://www.gardenofwisdom.shoppingcartsplus.com/catalog/item/4013927/3928899.htm
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Kassy,

Not Cowgal here, but I think this is the link that you're looking for

http://www.gardenofwisdom.shoppingcartsplus.com/catalog/item/4013927/3928899.htm

Debster, thank you so much!
It looks like just what I need for the relentless "bags" under my eyes....

I can't believe how cheap it is, awesome!

Kassy

azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I don't think I am in this group of age but i will be in this age group soon..See you then.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Since a lot of us use, or are thinking of using Vitamin C serums, I thought I'd share this very informative link with you guys.

It's written by a Plastic Surgeons, for other Dr's.

After what I read here, I am very happy that I make my own fresh weekly!

Kassy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.plasticsurgeons.co.za/article.asp?ArticleID=31

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, how do you make your Vitamin C? Do you use a powder and if so, where to you buy it from? I used to use Philosophy Vit C powder and mix it with my moisturiser daily. I thought it was ok but somebody on the forum said it wasn't that effective.
Thanks, Carol
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I didnt think you could make your own Vit C because it would deteriorate rapidly thats why I buy it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I refuse to pay $125.00 for a vitamin C serum, that may have already exhausted it's shelf life by the time I open it. I can make two years worth for less than that price making my own.

I buy Vitamin C powder/crystals (it's the same thing) and mix as follows:

The following recipe will yield a 20% C serum;

1/2 tsp vit C powder (about $4. for 4oz)
1/4 tsp hyaluronic acid ((about $25. for 4oz)
1/4 tsp glycerin (about $3. in drugstore)
1 tsp distilled water ($1. per gallon)
1 vit E capsule or a couple of drops of E

Dissolve the powder/crystal C in the distilled water. (You can slightly heat the water for quicker absorption). When the powder has dissolved, add the other ingredients and put in an amber glass bottle. I keep mine refrigerated. It will be enough for several weeks. (It's better to make small batches to insure stability.) The above recipe is about 1/2 an oz, and will last a few weeks. (I use about 4 drops every A.M.)

All of the ingredients can be purchased at

http://www.cellbone.com
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com
http://thepersonalformulator.com

My personal preference is cellbone. They send a bunch of full size freebies along with your order.

Kassy

erikaj35
5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. Just joined this forum and was so pleased to see this headline. Us "mature" ladies definitely need separate advice on skincare. Anybody using any miracle products on the market that you would like to share with me?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |