Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
(It probably won't be until late in the week after my dad is discharged from the hospital, however)

Pray Pray Pray

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Which color did you get? I've not used that brand yet but it seems easier to access than the Australian one. I did find a New York seller of the Swiss O Par.

I have the dark brown, which is fine for my fair skin. However, I find it to be a semi PITA to apply and seldom use it.

You have to apply a liquid on your lashes first with a little comb, and then apply the activating gel over the liquid. I think I may just mix it up in a little container first, and then apply with a recycled mascara brush. But I have no idea if it will work that way or not.

Bethany,
That does sound like a PITA. Have you used other lash tints and if so how much more difficult is the SoP?

Blues, just a quick update on the Swiss O'Par...I applied the gel with a spoolie brush I bought from Target, and it was easier than when using the comb.

However, for anyone else considering this, I would recommend a thinner spoolie vs. a plusher one because I felt like I wasted quite a bit of product. That means I need to go dig through my various mascaras and pick one to recycle!

Not a bad product...I'll definitely repurchase.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

Glad to know there are other women my age who care about fighting ageing and will discuss what works for them. I have no one to talk to about this because the women my age around here are resolved to let Mother Nature take her course. I am 54 but am often mistaken for being 10 years younger. I excercise, eat healthy, take supplements and am not against getting a little help from the dermatologist. Of course wearing sunscreen and not smoking are a must. I just started using a product by Life Extension called New Face. It contains estriol and DHEA which are supposed to help firm the skin. Also has other ingredients like Vit c,E and hyaluronic acid. Have not used it long enough to know what I think yet. I also use retin-a several times a week.

I am interested in the Nuface system. Anybody
familiar with this product? If is it worth the
money or should I just go with Titan treatments with the derm?

I have oily skin which has saved me from wrinkles but skin firming is a issue.

Look forward to hearing from someone.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi arym, and welcome to the jungle... Very Happy

Here's the latest thread on "NuFace"...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29614

There's also a gazillion page novel floating around as well on the NuFace.....(A search should bring it up for ya.) If you find it, I would suggest just reading the last 7 or 8 pages.

Lots of members rave about it, but I on the other hand, not so much. It did help to lift by booty a little though, Very Happy before it fell apart Sad .

I'm in the same age range as you (56), and am doing my level best, to stay one step ahead of the aging demons...
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
All I know is the older I get I am trying to simplify my life. Part of the that was to go through my cosmetics/creams and toss two bags out a few weeks ago.

I wish I had taken before and after pictures with the Remergent DNA and Barrier cream. My cheeks have no wrinkles and now the wisdom lines on my neck are almost gone. These products are incredible.

Retin A
Vitamin C
Remergent

Just what the doctor ordered!
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
When you reach a more mature age, dressing fashionably does become very difficult because we don't want to look like "mutton dressed up as lamb!"
So I tend to buy relatively plain clothes and then dress them up with statement pieces of jewellery, scarfs, waistcoats etc. to add interest.

Keliu, this is just what I've found also. I did "punk" when i was young, but blue hair and black fingernails doesn't cut it at 52 (really). I go classic with a twist. Like a LBD with six earrings in one ear, or long skirt with cowboy boots and boot bracelets. A great man's blazer with the sleeves rolled up is good at any age, and anything with Converse high tops or Keds is just plain fun! I've got these fantastic antique scarves that have a slightly goth look, and will put these with jeans. I may be old, but I ain't through if you know what I mean! Bad Grin
arym
5% products discount

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Margot,

I like the way you think. I don't dress like most 54 year olds because I don't feel or look like one. But have to be careful because just because I can wear something doesn't always mean I should. I am a size 0 or 2. Because I have been seriously excercising for 19 years, I am in pretty good shape. But it does get harder with each year. I like younger men and am seeing someone who is 39. He thinks I look good and he appreciates that I work to stay that way.
arym
5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

You post a lot of good info. I can tell you are like me in that you like to try new things. I have not heard of Remergent DNA, where do you purchase it? What are the skin issues that it is helping? My skin is oily and I have large pores from cystic acne as a young adult. I am currently going thru Fraxel treatments to minimize my scars. It is helping some but maybe I need to give it more time. I also use Retin-a about 3-4 times a week. Also a new product I just started using is by Life Extension call New Face. It has estriol and DHEA which are suppose to help with firming. Also contains vit c and e plus hyaluronic acid and white tea extract. Will let everyone know if this product works. Do you use any light treatments? What is your opinion of the NUface for tighting? I don't have any wrinkles but firming (especially around sides of mouth and neck) are an issue. I love this forum and I am so glad to have found it. I feel like I have made many new friends who understand what it feels like to want to look your best no matter what age.

Have a great day!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
arym wrote:
Hi Kassy,

You post a lot of good info. I can tell you are like me in that you like to try new things. I have not heard of Remergent DNA, where do you purchase it? What are the skin issues that it is helping? My skin is oily and I have large pores from cystic acne as a young adult. I am currently going thru Fraxel treatments to minimize my scars. It is helping some but maybe I need to give it more time. I also use Retin-a about 3-4 times a week. Also a new product I just started using is by Life Extension call New Face. It has estriol and DHEA which are suppose to help with firming. Also contains vit c and e plus hyaluronic acid and white tea extract. Will let everyone know if this product works. Do you use any light treatments? What is your opinion of the NUface for tighting? I don't have any wrinkles but firming (especially around sides of mouth and neck) are an issue. I love this forum and I am so glad to have found it. I feel like I have made many new friends who understand what it feels like to want to look your best no matter what age.

Have a great day!

Hi arym, I have to be brief, cause I'm on my way out for the weekend!

You can get Remergent DNA here, but it's really expensive;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/remergent-dna-repair-form-p_6013.htm

There is also a link somewhere with an ebay seller, and it's about half the price..(Bethany hopefully can point you to it)

It sounds like you have a nice regime going.. Be sure to give it time before adding anything else, so you can keep track of what is working, and rule out what doesn't.

NuFace: I didn't have any luck with it, but others like it and most say it gives a nice temporary lift.

Light: I use the LightStim devices and like them very much..It worked amazingly for the sagging I had around the mouth, jaw and neck, but I believe I am the exception rather than the rule in that regard. This thread will give you an idea of what I and others like or don't like about it

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

Also check out the ProLight and Quasar threads for information.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28775

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=15282

Hope I didn't forget anything, and again, welcome..
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
ebay is the best place to get remergent.
cdt103181 great seller.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Margot wrote:
Like a LBD with six earrings in one ear, or long skirt with cowboy boots and boot bracelets. A great man's blazer with the sleeves rolled up is good at any age, and anything with Converse high tops or Keds is just plain fun! I've got these fantastic antique scarves that have a slightly goth look, and will put these with jeans. I may be old, but I ain't through if you know what I mean! Bad Grin

Margot, you rock! You sounds fun! We are so much more original and spontaneous now that we don't have to "conform", I think.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, too true! I was never considered to have a good style sense when I was young and tried to too hard to be fashionable (punk period aside). Now that I'm only dressing to please myself, I seem to have found my own style "niche." Feels good!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, before I'm ready for the Dr Scholl's and the support hose I wanna have some fun! Too old to be funky, too young to be frumpy....

I think we can take some liberties with fashion as long as we're well-groomed and in good enough shape to pull it off. The muffintop is not good at any age however. Nor cleavage. Anything that makes others uncomfortable to see is just bad taste, IMO.

I think Donna Karan has it right when she says that "everyone has nice shoulders, so play it up!" She knows how to make us look good, but not too "horsed up".

BTW, thanks Margot for the tip about the antique scarves and jeans! Very hip. Very cool.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arym - Kassy is right on with the LED advice and I want to add one more option to the confusion... Laughing
When checking out LED's please, please, please remember to look at the Prolight Platinum. I love my product and Rita who sells these also gives EXCELLENT skin care advice. She has an extensive background in esthetics, plastic surgery and she knows her stuff. She will give you several pages of personalized advice - and you can also discuss on the phone. I have a prolight Red and love it to bits.

LIke my remergent too! And Karin Herzog. Happy Camper.

Hugs - Sis
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
This may sound a little hippy-dippy, but I just wanted to add that we can perfect ourselves all we want but ultimately having a loving attitude and a pleasant disposition is what makes us beautiful. Be kind to one another!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
...I wish I had taken before and after pictures with the Remergent DNA and Barrier cream. My cheeks have no wrinkles and now the wisdom lines on my neck are almost gone. These products are incredible.

Retin A
Vitamin C
Remergent

Just what the doctor ordered!

Platinumrose are you using a separate brand's Retin A, and/or have you tried Remergent's own 0.4% or 1.0% Retinol products?
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle. Yes I am using RX Retin-A (not Remergent) . Remergent has a retinol product that you can buy but my resistant skin can take the Retin-A which I prefer to use. I use 1% on my face and .25% on my neck.
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wish my skin was resistant! Remergent's 0.4% was too strong for me so I'm going to work in another brand's lower precentage Retinol product into my regime; hopefully later I can ramp up. Pray
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Caboodle- I am so sorry. I am I guess lucky that I am an ORNT (borderline pigmented) so I don't wrinkle as fast but my oils.........Yikes!

At 55 you would think they would slowing down but still going strong.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, have just returned from a six week road-trip with my husband - nearly went crazy, but did manage to survive!

I'm checking in to tell you that I'm seeing some improvements to my skin lately - especially my neck. Before I went away, I incorporated some new things into my routine, namely: Glucosamine & Nicinamide DIY serum (pm); Remergent DNA Repair (pm); Kosmea Eighth Natural Wonder Serum (am). I also religiously used my AALS every other night and the .5mm Dermaroller every four days.

My turkey neck is much improved - maybe it's the AALS finally kicking in (I know that Kassy had great results). Some fine lines around the corners of my mouth and eyes have also faded. All up my skin looks fresher and smoother. I'm definitely going to repurchase the Remergent DNA - maybe using the Dermaroller with it helps things along as well.

And here's another observation: We stayed in so many hotels/motels all with different bathroom lighting. In some bathroom mirrors my skin looked flawless, no dark circles and sagging skin. In others I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein. In some mirrors my hair had creamy blond highlights that shone - in others my hair looked dirty blond and brassy. Of course, all of this was dependant on the lighting and made me realise how important good bathroom lighting is. If I liked what I saw in the mirror in the morning, I was uplifted all day long - if I didn't, I was miserable all day.

So this got me to thinking that maybe we all need to remodel our bathrooms and not our faces!! Probably would be allot cheaper!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

And here's another observation: We stayed in so many hotels/motels all with different bathroom lighting. In some bathroom mirrors my skin looked flawless, no dark circles and sagging skin. In others I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein. In some mirrors my hair had creamy blond highlights that shone - in others my hair looked dirty blond and brassy. Of course, all of this was dependant on the lighting and made me realise how important good bathroom lighting is. If I liked what I saw in the mirror in the morning, I was uplifted all day long - if I didn't, I was miserable all day.

So this got me to thinking that maybe we all need to remodel our bathrooms and not our faces!! Probably would be allot cheaper!

This is funny yet true!!! Laughing I have moved all my makeup and skincare into another bathroom because we are reorganizing our life some and I will be using another bathroom. I have the same experience with the lighting in this bathroom, shows everything Rolling Eyes So it is important to have good light and also take pictures.
Toby
arym
5% products discount

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello girls,

OMG Kelliu you are so right about lighting. Just returned from a week in hotel rooms and some days I didn't want to leave the room.

I have deceided to purchase a lightstem after reading many good post on it. Also is anyone familiar with flexaway? I need to find an effective way to firm facial muscles around mouth and lower face without resorting to plastic surgery.

I agree that a good attitude and a friendly smile are essential in being attractive but a little help from good products and devices make looking in hotel mirrors or any mirrors for that matter a little easier.

Thanks for sharing.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've been using flex effect for almost three months and it is the best thing I've ever done - with my prolight red being in second place. I am diligent - do all exercises everyday. they feel so good. And I am seeing outstanding results - and they keep on coming.

I think flex away is the same principle maybe so I would say go for it.
PMUPMU

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Survey of a student project from the Technical University of Berlin

We are interested in your experience in the cosmetic field. Therefore it would be helpful if you could spend 20 minutes of your time to fill out this survey. Certainly, all your information is handled discretely.

All participants can take part in a drawing of an I-Pod Nano. For that you can leave your mail address at the end of the questionary.

Thank you very much for your participation!

Please typewww. in front of this:
unipark.de/uc/08Innowerkstatt1/22d1/
PMUPMU

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Survey of a student project from the Technical University of Berlin

We are interested in your experience in the cosmetic field. Therefore it would be helpful if you could spend 20 minutes of your time to fill out this survey. Certainly, all your information is handled discretely.

All participants can take part in a drawing of an I-Pod Nano. For that you can leave your mail address at the end of the questionary.

Thank you very much for your participation!

Please typewww. in front of this:
unipark.de/uc/08Innowerkstatt1/22d1/
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |