Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I need motivation to open the box of the FlexEffect to get going Laughing Can someone give me a swift kick here?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Come on...GO FOR IT.
OPEN THE BOX and PUT IN THE DVD - Do that first. Get the feel of it and then do a little massaging of your face, put on your lotions and you'll feel like a million $$$$.
\

You will see a definite difference by the Christmas holidays. So start now - make it a priority.

It works and the results are only GOING TO GET BETTER AND BETTER.

Sis Very Happy
arym
5% products discount

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

Platium

Did you experience any problems when you ordered your flexeffect? It took 3 days for my call to be returned and when I ordered I was told that I would receive my FF in 5 days. It has been way over that. I have called about it but noone has returned my calls.
FitFifty
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mathematician wrote:
other 55+ women... regarding make-up adjustments ... eyebrows have gone grey

Hi, I'm new here, too, and 57. Funny how I always hated my mousy brown hair, but now I'm insanely proud of it. I have only a couple of grey strands and make no effort to hide them because they prove my color's natural.
I have more greys in my eyebrows - so I tint them, along with my lashes. All makeup looks more natural over the darker hair, plus you can go bare in the gym or pool. (Or at least not have to worry about looking totally different after toweling off.) I use Roux lash & brow tint, which is made by Revlon. Sally Beauty Supply carries it - though it may be branded Revlon there rather than Roux. I use brown for my brows, and black for my lashes.
You need very steady hands (and a good magnifying mirror!) to tint your own brows, and even more so to tint your own lashes. If you don't have them, you're probably better off having the tinting done in a salon by a professional.
I tried brow powder, but my greys tend to curl and stick up in funny directions, so I went back to pencil. The wax helps keep them in place. Speaking of pencils, if you're not using lip liner pencil, I recommend that highly. It takes a lot longer for pencil to "feather" into the tiny lines around your lips than lipstick from the tube. Just go for the closest match possible to the lipstick shade.
I also recommend Revitalash eyelash growth stimulator. After almost a year of using it, my lashes are longer and thicker than when I was young. I need less mascara than ever.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome fitfifty. Some of use an eyelash/brow tint from Australia. It's not sold in the USA - a great product called 1000 hour lash. I order two boxes at a time and they each last me about a year so I'm good for another 11 months until my next order.

I also use revitalash.

Enjoy the forum -you will be surprised as to what you learn and what becomes important to you. It's a great resource.
SpiceeOne
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Can someone give me a swift kick here?

I'm sure there are alot of people who would be happy to.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
SpiceeOne wrote:
platinumrose wrote:
Can someone give me a swift kick here?

I'm sure there are alot of people who would be happy to.

Charming. Rolling Eyes
arym
5% products discount

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
are we here to help each other or to be mean?
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I guess a few are mean here,but many more are good and kidding around. Very Happy
So,anybody have some getting ready for winter skin tips ???
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
I need motivation to open the box of the FlexEffect to get going Laughing Can someone give me a swift kick here?

Hi PlatinumRose - Did you open the box yet?????? Very Happy
arym
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Platinum,

Received my FE a couple of days ago and like you I am excited to get started but feel overwhelmed to begin. I did at least open it and began to watch the DVD but so far have not had the time to look at the book or complete watching the DVD. Honestly I'm afraid that it will not work for me because I will do the excercises wrong and end up with problems I don't have now. Maybe I'm just having a bad day ( lots of personal stuff).

Platinum , let's keep each other posted on progress since we are both at the starting gate on this. And hopefuly in a year we will both be the better for it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Arym - Get on the website with the number they gave you and ask them on the site - Many people are nervous to start - fear doing the wrong things - the wrong way, etc. Do the exercises you feel comfortable with and work from there. I say dive in. Honestly, they work.
Start with the DVD where she shows you what to do. Most of the exercises are built off of these principles.

Sis
FitFifty
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
So,anybody have some getting ready for winter skin tips ???

Yes, if you don't have a humidifier, get one. Artificial heat dries out the air something fierce, and dry air seems to suck the moisture out of my skin no matter what I've put on it to sleep in. So my humidifier goes from the closet to the bedroom before the heat ever comes on.

Can anyone tell their experience with Neutrogena Visibly Firm? I've never used copper peptides, and want to start out with something mild, and low-priced if possible. I just started on Retin-A cream .05%, and don't like the idea of thinning skin, or irritation for that matter, and I do have sensitive skin. Also, while I'd like to soften up the 11's and lighten some dark spots, I'm even more interested in tightening up the skin on my neck and lower face. Can't use the Retin-A every night or even every other night, at least at this point - too much flaking/peeling. Think I'd be better off alternating or combining it with CP. Am I right?
arym
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Sis,

Thanks, you are always so encouraging. I will do as you say and I do feel better knowing that there are so many supportive sisters out there.

Fitfifty,

Welcome to this wonderful forum! I too am new and I am glad to have discovered it because I have learned so much. There are many women who are willing to share their experiences and be very helpful with advice.

I use Retin A 1% and have been for many years. I am 54 and have oily skin and some scarring from past cystic acne. I also use CP. I don't know if this is right, but I have had no problem using both at nite. First I apply the
CP the wait a while next applying the Retin A.
I don't have any wrinkles but the skin becoming more slack on my neck and lower face is my problem. I know this comes with age but if I can improve this I will be more self confident with my appearance.

I have recently purchased the Flexeffect system to correct this problem and with much encourgement from Sister sweets I am hopeful.

Have a great day ladies!

Arym
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone and so sorry I have been away. Well I haven't been literally away but buried in work. Working 14-16 hours a day, no lunch walking in the door and crawling into bed doesn't leave room to open a box and do exercises on my face.

Once I get some sleep which I plan to do this weekend I will start the tape!!!!!

And for those who want to order the tape, don't call. You need to order it and it did come pretty fast in the mail.

So I will get back on this thread early part of the week and let you know I at least opened the box and wiggled my nose a little lol

Thanks so much for your help and encouragement.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Thank you everyone and so sorry I have been away. Well I haven't been literally away but buried in work. Working 14-16 hours a day, no lunch walking in the door and crawling into bed doesn't leave room to open a box and do exercises on my face.

HEY ONCE YOU GET GOING YOU"LL BE ABLE TO DO SOME OF THEM AT WORK......

So I will get back on this thread early part of the week and let you know I at least opened the box and wiggled my nose a little lol

YAY - To that!!!!!
FitFifty
5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen a real improvement in neck skin sagging and wrinkles from anything short of cosmetic surgery? And if so, what worked?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
Has anyone seen a real improvement in neck skin sagging and wrinkles from anything short of cosmetic surgery? And if so, what worked?

Hi FitFifty, I'm a newbie (as you can probably tell by the weird look of your "quote" above. I don't know how to make it look like everyone else's. Sad ) Anyway, my Botox doctor told me surgery was the only solution for my saggy neck, at a cost of $10,000. I have two sons and a college fund, enuf said. So, as a result of reading EDS, I got an AALS and I'm very glad I did. I don't have enough posts yet to qualify to include an extrinsic link here, but if you'd like, I'll pm you the link to my neck photos, which I've already done for a couple of other people on another thread. Just let me know...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:

Yes fitfifty! I have been doing FlexEffect since Aug 08 and am starting to see real improvement: my cheeks are fuller, like they were when I was 20. My neck is tighter, my eye "hoods" are gone, my undereye skin is tighter and the dark shadows are fading (from the massage part of the program - it revvs up the circulation and dissipates the pooled blood and debris that cause the darkness is my guess.)

The jowlies are going to take longer, I can tell, but I am psyched about the improvement so far! It's something I do every day, just like brushing my teeth, bathing and drinking tea, but once I started seeing results I made sure I worked it into my routine - without fail!!!

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
FitFifty wrote:

Yes fitfifty! I have been doing FlexEffect since Aug 08 and am starting to see real improvement: my cheeks are fuller, like they were when I was 20. My neck is tighter, my eye "hoods" are gone, my undereye skin is tighter and the dark shadows are fading (from the massage part of the program...

Fawnie, I've been wanting to ask someone - does FlexEffect require pulling on the face with your hands to provide resistance? The reason I ask is because I tend to break out if I do that, but I'd love to try the program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think real sagging requires surgery...extra skin has to be taken out and will make the most dramatic difference. ne of the most difficult over 55 skin issues is getting that youthful glow back.
FitFifty
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tessera & Fawnie.
I'm not quite ready to drop $325 on the lightstim, but ordered a Pretika LED off Amazon. Any improvement at all would be enough for me to upgrade to the more powerful unit. If not, $35 isn't much of a loss.
As for exercise, I know me, and if I can't do it while watching TV, chances of continuing diligently are about nil. From what I hear, FlexEffect is at least as complicated as Facial Magic. I got that 7-8 years ago when I had even less droop. The video made the process pretty clear, but I still had difficulty executing correctly. If I wasn't right in front of the mirror, I never seemed to get my fingers in the right spots, which made the whole deal a time-consuming PITA.
But... I do recall at least some neck exercises being "no-hands". I'll dust off the video, and work on getting good at the simpler ones. I will also trot out my hand-held Neoteric. I can't say that I believe "exercise" via electrical stimulation is as effective as the real thing, but it might improve blood circulation about as well as massage, without stretching the skin.
And Lucy, I hear you. It's scary, and expensive, but I might get to that point some day.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
Thanks, Tessera & Fawnie.
I'm not quite ready to drop $325 on the lightstim, but ordered a Pretika LED off Amazon. Any improvement at all would be enough for me to upgrade to the more powerful unit. If not, $35 isn't much of a loss.

I don't blame you - spending several hundred dollars on something that might not work is tough to do. And I think someone said that the skin- tightening effect of the LED doesn't work for everyone. Anyway, I have enough posts now to include the link to my saggy-neck photos, if you'd like to see what the AALS did for me. I'll leave them up for a week or so.
http://www.flickr.com/gp/25893073@N04/8RY8x1

HTH,
Tessera

5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Tessera,
Wow! Wow!
I'm already re-thinking the purchase.
I see they give you 90 days to return for a full refund, and per your pics, your results are from about 75 days. Kassy posted a 10% off coupon code good thru the end of November (octb8469), which would bring my cost to about $308 including shipping. Suspect I'll end up getting it sooner rather than later.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
Tessera,
Wow! Wow!
I'm already re-thinking the purchase.
I see they give you 90 days to return for a full refund, and per your pics, your results are from about 75 days. Kassy posted a 10% off coupon code good thru the end of November (octb8469), which would bring my cost to about $308 including shipping. Suspect I'll end up getting it sooner rather than later.

I do think that 90 days is plenty of time to see if you'll get results you like. Good luck with whatever you decide. Isn't this forum great? Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |