Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Thanks catballou - Maybe noone on EDS has tried it. Hopefully someone will come forward with some results - it does sound like some things are working for you.
Probably. I was just thinking maybe some people had questions.

Quote:
I get sucked in all the time by The Shopping Channel . I have purchased more skincare from them than I care to think about. It's pretty much all crappy

I've wondered about those products. I browse through there occasionally and have thought maybe I was missing out on the deals of a lifetime. Surprised

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
The Shopping Channel will be featuring Dr. Perricone this week and I am seriously thinking of trying his anti-inflammatory line. I have inflammation and am currently on Celebrex and am also doing an anti-inflammatory diet and my rosacea and wrinkles are improving slightly. (It has only been since Jan 1/09.) Anyone with inflammation tried Dr. Perricone?
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Gosh I haven't been here in so long...Life is busy...I am so happy to see this familiar topic. I am not 55 yet but am much closer to 55 then I am to 20.

Lou
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Not to worry Lou, we'll adopt you till then.. Shhh

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Stovetop, do you take turmeric (curcumin) supplements? They are very good for inflammatory conditions, apparently.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Good morning ladies, I have been a lurker for quite awhile (took me 3 days to read this topic end to end!) I too have the dreaded, yikes what happened! I am 55, my routine years ago consisted of Noxema, than on to Olay, now recently any ad or commercial that "promises" no wrinkles, etc. I just purchased the starter kit from NCN. According to the instructions that came with it, I am to use the CP in the am, before the I'm Covered lotion. I see a lot of you use CP at night? Am I already doing this wrong? And what exactly are the "uglies"? Geez, if the corners of my mouth head any further south, I will scream! Also, can you suggest a good night cream? This winter dryness is killing me. I am sure I will have a ton more questions for you. Thank you all so much! What a great group!

Bo
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Bo, I'm sure you will get lots of superbly intelligent replies on this board!

I use the CPs in the morning, twice a week (I use the strongest formula available). You should use a sunscreen that doesn't contain zinc, which tends to work against the copper. Not sure about the Uglies as I have never experienced this. A lot of women have though, including droopy eyelids. Apparently, it's a temporary thing. It just occurred to me that using the CPs at night would allow you to use a non-chemical zinc oxide sunscreen if you so desired. (I use a non-micronized titanium dioxide sunscreen over the CPs.)

There are many wonderful night creams available from EDS and other vendors. I'm sure many people will chime in with responses.

Hey, many of us have discovered this board in our fifties and now look like chikkies in our late 30s - 40s. I'd recommend LouLou's facial exercises for a quantifiable boost within a few weeks to months. You can find a thread on these in the Skin care Tools/DIY forum under "Ageless." Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Further to my previous posting there, I want to provide the following update, kindly provided by Nanci at NCN. Dr. Pickart (who in the past has advised me - and others - in a few posts that zinc somehow inhibits the positive actions of CPs) is now recommending a thin layer of CP under zinc sunscreens. This is an interesting development Rolling Eyes if not a frustrating one in terms of what is correct on his website. In the interim, my apologies to Nanci.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Not to worry Lou, we'll adopt you till then.. Shhh

ahhh!!! thanks Kassy, it's so nice to feel wanted and accepted.
Lou
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so this is what I just read on Dr. P's website:

The best overall reflective sunblocker, at least in theory, is pure titanium dioxide. Zinc oxide has somewhat better UVA and UVB blocking but also can generate free ionic zinc ions on the skin. Some women think zinc oxide increases facial pore size. Since copper complexes are used by the body for skin regeneration and remodeling, the generation of zinc ions could displace copper ions and reduce the rate of skin renewal.

Like I said, confusing as all heck!

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
[quote] confusing as all heck!

I'll say! The I'm Covered NCN moisturizer has Zinc Oxide in it. I am supposed to use it after the CP's. Forgive my ignorance in this area as I am not a "cosmetic" kind of gal. My routine was wash face in shower, put on eye lotion, face lotion, that's it! Thanks for all your help!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry about mixing the two, Bo... only a few women complained about pore size and this is likely because the CPs in the SkinBiology product are dark green and show up when they enter the pores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone & Happy Friday...

My first post, not quite 55 but was born in 55, so it's just around the corner!

I started following various posts on this forum a few months ago, when I noticed the *overnight* change for the worse in my face. I expect it has been going on for awhile, but I've been in denial. My first thought was to head to the surgeon, but sanity or maybe just fear prevailed, I started trying other things that appear promising thanks to all the great info on this board and other websites.

It does get a bit overwhelming at times trying to keep track and have been thinking I'd like to start an online log of what I'm doing week to week, perhaps with pictures. Much like a work-out/exercise log I keep on another forum. I don't see anyone else doing that though and am wondering if you all think it may not be appropriate for this site... and if you do think it would be ok, which forum would you suggest?

Cheers, ok333
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
ok333 - We love pictures. I sure don't mind if you log with us here. Everyone will give you input and help and encouragement.
tish
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the big girl's club ok333! This forum is a pretty amazing source of information. Be prepared to spend some money!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:
Hi Everyone & Happy Friday...

My first post, not quite 55 but was born in 55, so it's just around the corner!

I started following various posts on this forum a few months ago, when I noticed the *overnight* change for the worse in my face. I expect it has been going on for awhile, but I've been in denial. My first thought was to head to the surgeon, but sanity or maybe just fear prevailed, I started trying other things that appear promising thanks to all the great info on this board and other websites.

It does get a bit overwhelming at times trying to keep track and have been thinking I'd like to start an online log of what I'm doing week to week, perhaps with pictures. Much like a work-out/exercise log I keep on another forum. I don't see anyone else doing that though and am wondering if you all think it may not be appropriate for this site... and if you do think it would be ok, which forum would you suggest?

Cheers, ok333

Welcome to our merry band of old geezers, who are looking better than the clock says, thanks to the wonderful info we find here at EDS with each other...(betcha didn't think a 59 year old could say all that in one breath .. :lol: )

I love your idea for an online log with progress (or the lack there of) in pictures.. I am a firm believer in keeping track with pictures, and would be totally lost without them.. It would be nice to have a thread specifically for those who don't mind sharing shots of their journey with different products/tools etc.. (The Skincare forum would probably be a good place.. Unless your thoughts are more tools/gadgets oriented, in which case the "Skincare Tools" would be good.)

In any case it's a great idea, but don't be dissappointed if a lot of members don't post pictures...Some gals aren't comfy with that for one reason or another, but they sure as heck will be checking it out.. Very Happy

Again, welcome to the forum .. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to poke my head in here since I fit in this category, but there are too many pages to read through to find out what everyone else's issues are. I hope all of you are finding solution to your issue. Best wishes.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
ok333,
your idea of a log w/photos sounds so interesting to me, too.

.as an ardent observer though..not as a participant..

for one thing i don't own a camera..and for another...the internet is sooo open to everyone...the lack of privacy/boundaries would be a bit unsettling to me, personally..

although i receive so very much from those of you who are brave enough to post your (beautiful!) photos.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethann
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I've read here for a quite some time, absorbing all the knowledge. I just turned 54. Up until a year ago, I looked 45 or so, but it has finally caught up with me. I need to bring on the army and tackle my face. I have ordered a LightStim that should be arriving any day. My routine has been Clarisonic 3 times a week, Olay serum and a tiny bit of Olay moisturizer. It just not doing much. So now I have to call out the big guns. I need a program but lately I'm getting dry and itchy on my face where in the past I've been an oil slick. Go figure huh! And it seems I get red from stuff that never did that to me.

I know I need a HA for the LightStim - just don't know which one. I'm also worried about the LED bringing out more pigmentation. I have enough now that I need to zap or do something with. So the HA is first on my list to find, then I need to develop a program and get going on it. I know I'll be asking a lot of questions, so please bear with me through my ignorance on this stuff.

Also want to mention I have been on Bio Identical HRT for 2 years. Does nothing for my skin, in fact that was about the time I started noticing huge changes. Thanks ladies!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum!

Aren't the 50's the pits? Every day brings something new to tackle.. Rolling Eyes

Since you ordered an LED, you might find these threads helpful; (The 1st is what to use with your LED)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32647

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

Also have a look at this thread, for a great $10. facial exercise program;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31539

And the latest skin firming device, that many of us are trying at the moment;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=30899

Have fun bethann, and hold on to your credit card really tight ... Shock

bethann
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, it looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bethann,
It would be helpful to get a C serum for morning use. I'd direct you toward a do-it-yourself model but that should probably come later.... I recommend Skinceuticals C & E ferulic - great product and you can probably find it at a decent price on Ebay. You would use this in the morning. In the evening - some sort of retin A, or green cream (that is the name of a product -love the stuff) would be a good selection.

NCN skin care has a pumpkin peel that exfoliates beautifully. It will really kick the clarisonic results up a notch. Since I dont' know your skin type I don't want to say more but these are general worthwhile options.

And of course check out Kassy's sites - she's got you right on the money. (or out of the money eventually:lol: Laughing)

Welcome and hang out and learn. It's great fun.

Sis
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
*bump*

I found this on page 6 Confused ,

I'm sure that there are LOTS of us on the forum so let's keep the thread on page 1 Cool
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well here's my 2 cents and what's up with me.. I'll give you the lowdown of my 'skincare gadget/device' journey to date in a nutshell;

Derma Wand - great little gadget for an eye lift, glow + zapping the occasional zit.

NuFace - Argh! didn't do a thing for my face, but gave my hiney a nice lift.. Chintzy battery wires broke off at the 3 month mark, and that was the end of that.. I don't recommend it! Oh, and it was awkward, freezing cold + unpleasant to use in my opinion.

Original LightStim - Love it! Saw a nicer skin from the get go, and love it for muscle + arthritis issues as well. (It will generate new collagen, but take longer than the AALS.)

Anti-Aging LightStim - This is the device I would have to say is my all time favorite, and has without a doubt, done the most for my skin.. It has single-handedly reversed the aging process for me, and my skin is now flawless, toned + tight.. (I had a bit of a setback now since testing the STOP, but expect to rectify that with my trusty LED now.) Honest to God, this is the best money I ever spent on a skin care device, cross my

Tua Viso - I enjoy it, but didn't notice anything significant for the limited time I used it.. Except for my fatty bag issue, which it helped drain with frequent use. I will be using this again now a few times per week, now that my STOP test is over.

Facial Cupping - It's awesome for getting the circulation really moving if you don't have broken cap issues.. I have stopped using it because it increased my broken caps.

STOP - This radio frequency device did more harm than good for me. I used it 13 times over about a 5 week period, (foregoing my other devices to give it a test), and the wind up is crepy, puffy eyes, more pronounced NL lines and jowls + a loose crepiness under my chin and mid neck.

Face Master - I used it a handful of times, didn't see or feel anything happening and got rid of it.

My biggest complaint with every tool/gadget, is that they all take much longer to actually do a treatment with, than the manufacturer advertises. So for me, right out of the gate, I've had disappointments. That false advertising is counter-productive IMHO, because if folks expect it to work in the times advertised, and the fact is they don't.

Hope that helps a few gadget hopefuls out there.. Very Happy

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
*bump*

I found this on page 6 Confused ,

I'm sure that there are LOTS of us on the forum so let's keep the thread on page 1 Cool

I'm feeling really really stupid today as I can't figure out your post.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |