Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



55 and over Skin Care issues

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
4sons wrote:
kd wrote:

This question is for anyone ... after using any sort of cell renewal accelerator (AHA's, retinoids, glycolics, etc.), is it a good idea to wait for a while before putting on CP's?


YES! While I'm no chemist I DO know that they need at least 20 minutes to "convert." Ok. I call that "sink in time."

LOL.

In the morning I wait 20 minutes after apply vitamin C to put on anything else.

Ruthie - where do you get your HA and Emu? What a great idea to mix them all together. Saves a ton of time, right?

And where do you purchase both your HA and emu? What a great idea to mix them together ... saves a ton of time.

In the evening I wait 20 minutes after applying my Green Cream 6 before applying my CP's. I mix Super CP serum, HA, and ultra emu oil together in my hand and then just slap 'em on!

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Ruthie - have a tough time with my computer for some reason ... I've tried to ask this twice and it keeps kicking the question off the page ...
hmmmmmm.
Anyway, where do you get your HA and Emu?
Thanks for the info and tips.

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Interesting discussion thread.

I just plunked out the money for the GHK CP cream at www.www.dianayvonne.com -- I bought from her because SkinBio's website notes they currently have a 10 day turnaround time on orders. I don't know what Diana's site turnaround time is but SkinBio also hasn't answered an email with questions about the GHK cream v. serum that I sent 6/7. I got some stuff answered from other people who know about the GHK. I know SkinBio is probably overwhelmed with orders and but 2 weeks without a response is not reassuring customer service to me.Doubt

I also ended up ordering some samples, etc. from the Diana Yvonne site while there, including the rosehip cleanser and the red tea HA serum. Glad to read you love the rosehip cleanser, 4sons. I ordered it before reading your positive feedback about it.

_________________
42yo, natural strawberry blonde so fair skin, blue-eyed, and dry skin
4sons
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 205
Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Ruthie - have a tough time with my computer for some reason ... I've tried to ask this twice and it keeps kicking the question off the page ...
hmmmmmm.
Anyway, where do you get your HA and Emu?
Thanks for the info and tips.


I get my HA from this place called "Ingredients to Die For: http://ingredientstodiefor.com/

I get my ultra emu from the following place.

http://lbemuoil.com/ultraemuoil.htm

Have fun!

_________________
Cheers - Ruth/4sons 56 yrs. old, combination skin, getting tired ...
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
kd wrote:
Ruthie - have a tough time with my computer for some reason ... I've tried to ask this twice and it keeps kicking the question off the page ...
hmmmmmm.
Anyway, where do you get your HA and Emu?
Thanks for the info and tips.


I get my HA from this place called "Ingredients to Die For: http://ingredientstodiefor.com/

I get my ultra emu from the following place.

http://lbemuoil.com/ultraemuoil.htm

Have fun!


Yikes. When you say HA are you talking about hydroxy acid? and if so, which one. I took a look at the ingredients to die for website and it's a bit intimidating (and very impressive).
Thanks Ruth!

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 309
Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I think by HA she means hyaluronic acid.
4sons
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 205
Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Again ... what Debster says!!

_________________
Cheers - Ruth/4sons 56 yrs. old, combination skin, getting tired ...
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
4sons, you are wonderful!!!Truly so clear! and simple. You helped me alot with what and where, and how.....lucky me! BTW, have you tried MD skin care peel?If yes, how do you compare it with the pumpkin one?
Thanks for your help.

_________________
moz
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mishie, can you please paste the Canadian site that you found out? TIA

_________________
moz
4sons
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 205
Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
4sons, you are wonderful!!!Truly so clear! and simple. You helped me alot with what and where, and how.....lucky me! BTW, have you tried MD skin care peel?If yes, how do you compare it with the pumpkin one?
Thanks for your help.


Wow. What a nice thing to say ... thank you!

I've never tried the MD peel ... love the PSF pumpkin enzyme and will probably stick with that. I'm a creature of habit!

_________________
Cheers - Ruth/4sons 56 yrs. old, combination skin, getting tired ...
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 269
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Debster and Ruth you are both wonderful giving us all this great information, I really appreciate you taking the time and answering my questions!

Mozaik sure it's the "DermStore" Cad site
http://www.dermstore.ca/long_Green+Cream_500391.htm
pinky1
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 140
Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mishie, thanks for the Canadian site -- looks like they have some effective products.
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, Mishie thanks for posting the link.
Sec, i dont know what happened, by i already posted, but my post is not to be seen anywhere. This technology sometimes just puzzles me!
Anyway, i am preparing my order list, but i realized i missed the eye area.
So: my eye are a bit puffy, i read on this forum about Juvena serum, it seems is very good, and very expensive. Id like to see if there is something similar to replace it. Does anybody has a similar problem and has a good experience with another product?
And what body cream do you use?

TIA

_________________
moz
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 269
Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik you are welcome!

For puffy eyes I don't have a recommendation but I might suggest keeping a check on your salt intake and maybe increase you water intake. I find that very helpful if I do get some puffiness around the eye.

For a body cream I just end up using all the face moisturizers that I ended up not liking Laughing
barbiet
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
The only things that are going to do it, ladies, are Daily supplements (Vit. C big time!), Topical Vit. C (I recommend Candessence Triple C),Skinbio's CPs and either a BQ or a DPL. These work and I'm tossing everything else except my Sea Kelp.

A[/quote]

Sorry to be so dense but what is BQ? and DPL?
Thanks for any help that you can give me.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 309
Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi barbiet, and welcome to the boards!

The BQ is a Baby Quasar, a hand held devise. If you do a search, you will find lots of info about it.
The DPL is a light system that you can read about here on the boards and also at NCNskincare.com. HTH
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! In the past couple of days i was like a ball bouncing from website to website!Its incredible confusing!
4sons, i got today an answer from skin actives, from Hannah(PHd), and she said that HA is not soluble in oil. Does this mean that is not good to mix it with emu oil? Also DianaYvonne answered to my email, and she said to put on cp ROOIBOS, and NOT to mix the products, rather to layer. Both were very fast, especially Yvonne, she gave me a very detailed answer. And fast. both were fast!!! Who read something about Rooibos?TIA

_________________
moz
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
Hi! In the past couple of days i was like a ball bouncing from website to website!Its incredible confusing!
4sons, i got today an answer from skin actives, from Hannah(PHd), and she said that HA is not soluble in oil. Does this mean that is not good to mix it with emu oil? Also DianaYvonne answered to my email, and she said to put on cp ROOIBOS, and NOT to mix the products, rather to layer. Both were very fast, especially Yvonne, she gave me a very detailed answer. And fast. both were fast!!! Who read something about Rooibos?TIA


I'm jealous. I emailed DianaYvonne and am still waiting ... how did you email?

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
kd, i just used the contact us option

_________________
moz
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
That's what I did ......... Confused At least that's what I think I did.
I'll give it another shot, although you answered some of my questions.

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh -- and what's Rooibis?

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you could ask her, i dont think i saw anything like this among her products. But is a tea from africa, that probably is good for skin.This is why i asked i anybody came across it.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 1283
Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Oh -- and what's Rooibis?


Here's some info, HTH

http://www.savannahimports.com/health.htm

I get mine at the health food store.

_________________
The best way to locate your cat is to open a can of food.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
kd,

The Diana Yvonne site has a red tea (rooibos) serum:
1oz - $26
http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSP61
A sample is $4
http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSTP61
Quote:
Rooibos (Red Tea) Serum is an Excellent humunctant/moisturizer combining Rooibos extract and Hyaluronic Acid

Red Tea Serum combines Hyaluronic Acid and Rooibos, also known as Red Tea, a remarkable plant cultivated in South Africa. Research shows that red tea is far more powerful, with 50 times greater anti-oxidant properties than green tea.

As a topical extract, Rooibos potent anti-oxidants combat and destroy harmful free radicals, the scavengers that adversely affect the skin and promote premature aging. In addition, Rooibos applied topically provides strong protection against damage done by sun exposure. Rooibos also naturally contains alpha-hydroxy acid and zinc, vital ingredients that promote healthy, supple, and smooth skin. Contains the highest potency and purest form of Rooibos obtainable.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Rooibos Extract (Red Tea), Hyaluronic Acid


I ordered a sample of the red serum along with the GHK Copper Peptide cream - it's on it's way in the mail today Dancing

Regarding, the DPL, I don't have one but know that Nanci of NCN Professional Skincare is running a summer special
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/exfoliate/photofacial.html
Whereas the DPL's usually $350 + SH on her site, the special is $299 + SH. She refunds the difference difference through Paypal.

I don't know if I'm gonna get it cause I have the Quasar SP but thought I'd pass the info along.

_________________
42yo, natural strawberry blonde so fair skin, blue-eyed, and dry skin
kd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 166
Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
kd,

The Diana Yvonne site has a red tea (rooibos) serum:
1oz - $26
http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSP61
A sample is $4
http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSTP61
Quote:
Rooibos (Red Tea) Serum is an Excellent humunctant/moisturizer combining Rooibos extract and Hyaluronic Acid

Red Tea Serum combines Hyaluronic Acid and Rooibos, also known as Red Tea, a remarkable plant cultivated in South Africa. Research shows that red tea is far more powerful, with 50 times greater anti-oxidant properties than green tea.

As a topical extract, Rooibos potent anti-oxidants combat and destroy harmful free radicals, the scavengers that adversely affect the skin and promote premature aging. In addition, Rooibos applied topically provides strong protection against damage done by sun exposure. Rooibos also naturally contains alpha-hydroxy acid and zinc, vital ingredients that promote healthy, supple, and smooth skin. Contains the highest potency and purest form of Rooibos obtainable.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Rooibos Extract (Red Tea), Hyaluronic Acid


I ordered a sample of the red serum along with the GHK Copper Peptide cream - it's on it's way in the mail today Dancing

Regarding, the DPL, I don't have one but know that Nanci of NCN Professional Skincare is running a summer special
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/exfoliate/photofacial.html
Whereas the DPL's usually $350 + SH on her site, the special is $299 + SH. She refunds the difference difference through Paypal.

I don't know if I'm gonna get it cause I have the Quasar SP but thought I'd pass the info along.


Thank you for the help. There are so many products out there touting to be the best. I used Prevage for a while and actually loved the product, but not the price. Let me know how the serum works for you... I'd love to hear.

Quick question Dancing

How do you like the Quasar SP? My sister just ordered a DPL from Nanci @ NCN (she's so terrific about her money back guarantees and customer service and timely delivery). I'm waiting to hear/see her results before taking the plunge.
What do you think?
Question

_________________
kd, Livestrong! 54 years young breast cancer survivor with a tendency toward the dreaded t-zone and dryness and lines, but who cares I'm alive and kickin'
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)