Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
linder
5% products discount

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to decide if I should purchase the DPL.
Sister sweets or anyone, have you gotten any good results from this. Linder
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi stovetop - I've been using the Facemate for about 4 months and just a handheld red light
LEd for a couple years (660 nano). Both of
these devices seem to plumpen the skin around
the cheeks, forehead and neck. The neck still needs some help but it is a difficult area
to improve. There seems to be no improvement
around the eye area or the crow's feet. I do
use the CP serum, DMAE, and a very nourishing cream with lots of antioxidants and peptides.
Got any ideas for the eye area - which is why
I thought maybe the "wrinkle wand"?? LEt
me know what you think!! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Linder,

My only experience is with the DPL unit and I love it. I use it after cleansing and putting a C-actives on my face.

When I first recieved it I used it faithfully for 10 weeks on clean skin - two times a day (9 minutes each time). Now, I use it two times a week only and I always use it when I'm going out and want to look my best. It seems to lighten, brighten and overall tone improvements.

I'm sure the BQ and others have similar results.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Catballou - what are the vitamins and supplements, and where to get them, do you recommend?
Hi, TSJmom. These are some of the vitamins I'm currently taking.
I'm not prescribing, just telling what works for me:

The B vitamins are important for healthy skin, and it's a good idea to take B-complex, because it's possible to cause deficiency in some if you over-do it on others. I prefer liquid, sprays and liquid capsules because I digest them better, and I also take Brewer's Yeast as a good source of B vitamins. The B vitamins that your body doesn't use just wash out in your urine. (Thus, the yellow tinkle)

Another important one is C, a powerful anti-oxidant; I take 2 or 3 thousand mgs a day, and my favorite way is to drink packets of powdered Emergen-C in a glass of water. It's a little sour, so I usually add a packet of Stevia, an herbal sweetener.

This is going to get too long, so I'll just list some other vitamins that I'm currently taking, all with anti-aging properties. Once a week, I divide out a week's worth of them in a 7 day pill keeper. I'm a digital artist, so while I'm sitting here at my PC, I manage to take them throughout the day.

Evening Primrose Oil
Selenium
Ultra Omega 3-6-9
Inositol
Hyaluronic Acid
5-HTP
L-Tryptophan
co-Q-10
D
DHEA
NAC
SAMe
folic acid
alpha lipoic acid
betaine hci
msm
pantothenic acid
E (d-Alpha, Gamma, Beta, Delta Tocopherols)
P-5-P

Liquid multi
Liquid glucosamine/condroitin
Rejuvamax HGH booster
melatonin sublingual at night

I know, sorry you asked, and it looks like over-kill, but over many years, this is what has evolved that works for me.

Where do I buy? Sometimes our local Wild Oats (which is too pricey), usually online at the Vitamin Shoppe, and sometimes at Amazon.com. I find more choices online, and many places like Amazon.com and the Vitamin Shoppe offer free shipping if you order over a certain amount. Also, the Vitamin Shoppe gives you back a rebate at the beginning the year (I think it's about 10%). One of my favorite vitamin companies is Source Naturals, always high quality.

Hope that helps you get started. I used to buy books for my nutrient research, but these days the internet is a far better resource, once you filter through all the hype. What works for one person doesn't for another. For example, high doses of some of these vitamins (like the Hyaluronic Acid) make me jittery, and I don't sleep. So I just monitor and adjust the amount.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, a bigger vitamin supplement junkie than me... Love it...

Sorry, I've been out of the loop here. Will respond with ideas for using renova with Vit C an CP's shortly.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Catballou - based on continuing usage of renova products this is what I would try once you get the C serum and the CP's...
this is a basic routine.

The use of exfoliants such as BHA or AHA can be modified in.

AM:
Cleanse with a neutral PH cleanser (I love DianaYvonne rose hips 5.5 pH)... If your cleanser has too high of a pH you may not get the results you want from the Vit C.

Apply Vit C serum
Other Treatments go here:
In my case it's usually a firming serum or DMAE or both!
moisturizer
Sunscreen.

PM.
Cleanse...
CP Serum ...wait 30 min. (This will be the hardest part - but it's worth it for maximum benefit)
CP Night Eyes (I use this but you can use the CP serum instead).

Eye cream
Renova.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
tjsmom = a great site for supplements is Vitacost.com (great prices and wide selection)....

My routine and Supplements/Vitamins I take:

First thing in the am. 8oz water with a 1/2 or whole lemon squeezed in. (good cleansing and supposed to be great for skin).

Then I use a tsp of MSN powder (approx 4000mg), a tsp of glutamine and two teaspoons silica gel in a glass of OJ or some other juice or smoothie.

In the morning I also take:
hyaluronic acid 50 - 100 mg
500 mg ster C (different than Vit C ester which I take later)...
Omega 3 (this is crucial)
multi-vitamin
BoneUp - a terrific calcium supplement with other good stuff (I take two of these in the am). Make sure your calcium includes both Vit. D and magnesium for best bioavailability and absorption.

Mid day I take supplements specifically for
Hair, Skin, Nails with lots of biotin.....

ascorbital palmate (AKA: C ester!)
ToCoQ10
R-alpha lipoic acid
Two more BoneUp

At night after dinner:
Another Omega 3
Two more BoneUp (the dosage is 6 daily)
A MSN tab (1000 mg) MSN dosage is absorbed and used within 12 hours.
A second hyaluronic acid
one more hair,skin,nails.

I'm addicted to my supplements. It makes me feel like I'm doing something....

I'm looking at ordering a formula from NEW CHAPTER called I think:
Beautiful Woman - supposed to be great for skin, hair, nails. I will use this instead of the current formula I'm taking. Vitacost.com has it the cheapest I've found.

Hope this helps. If you want a more basic suggestion I would be glad to give them to you. I just returned from a continuing education course specifically on supplementation and vitamins.

I teach Nutrition at a college. It's also a passion of sorts. And best of all I truly believe it has made a world of difference.

I'm thinking of adding the Whey Protein that Arielle has suggested and the L-Arginine. Looking at it for the next order.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
DiPix - I have had IPL in a Derm's Office and Genesis Laser treatments at a Laser Clinic and the eye area has always been so carefully protected. I also have a cherry angioma under my left eye and my Derm refuses to remove it. I would use only creams and facial exercises in this area.

Yesterday, I started with Matrixyl 3000 from Ifeelprettyproducts.com under my eye cream (Jan Marini Age Intervention) for my crow's feet - according to their instructions it takes 1 - 2 months to see a change - I will keep you posted.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Another vitamin junkie! My darling hubby and my family think I'm some sort of deranged flowerchild, all except my sisters who have lately begun to say, "You know, there's something to that stuff Cat's been telling us all these years when we laughed at her!" Very Happy

I realized after I'd posted, sister sweets, that I had left out my calcium. I take calcium carbonate or calcium citrate in capsule form or liquid.

Thank you for sharing your daily regimen. I'm lovin' learning all this stuff, but it can be mind boggling at first. Soooo, I can put the Renova over the CP? I wouldn't have even thought to do that. I'm printing out your latest two posts as I write.

Quote:
I teach Nutrition at a college. It's also a passion of sorts. And best of all I truly believe it has made a world of difference.
Ditto. I've had some serious health challenges in my life, and I've done myself far more good with nutrients than any of the doctors ever did. They mean well, I think, but after a while you begin to realize that they're only doing trial and error, too, (Take this for 2 weeks, and if you're not any better, come back, and I've got something else we'll try.) and I know myself, my body and my ailments far better than they'd ever could.

Quote:
I'm looking at ordering a formula from NEW CHAPTER called I think:
Beautiful Woman
I'll have to check it out Very Happy

Quote:
Make sure your calcium includes both Vit. D and magnesium for best bioavailability and absorption.
Yep, my calcium has magnesium, D and boron.

Quote:
I'm thinking of adding the Whey Protein that Arielle has suggested
I have whey protein. Hey, just think, if we were neighbors, we could share the wealth!!!

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
AM:
Cleanse with a neutral PH cleanser (I love DianaYvonne rose hips 5.5 pH)... If your cleanser has too high of a pH you may not get the results you want from the Vit C.
I came back to edit my post and ask you to talk some more about this, but the "edit" option is gone. I guess it times out. Anyway, I know about body PH. I even have a roll of paper to test my saliva, but I hadn't given much thought to how PH figures into cleansing my face. I love learning! Very Happy

DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thx stovetop-- with ideas on the eye area. I'm
going to buy some matrixyl 3000, add it to my
antioxidant cream and see if it helps the eye
area any. I will keep using the ultrasound
as that helps the creams to penetrate deeper
and will also use the red LED's. If I get desperate after a few months, I may purchase
the wrinkle wand (it's very reasonable) and
will check to see if it's returnable if it doesn't work. Keep me posted on your progress
with the matrixyl 3000 - we've got to find
something that works!!! Thx muchly DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
*edited by moderator to removed "hand crafted" home based business product and link.

Have said it on another thread & will repeat it here, this is one item I strongly believe should be added to everyone's skin routine. I personally favour it over other light units because it provides both blue & red lights & provides a full face treatment in one 18 min or 2x9 min daily sitting. I simply love this device. Has helped speed up the progress of all my other products.

And it was confirmed to me by LED Technologies that you needn't stop using it after the month or 10 wk period. In fact, continued use is especially helpful in reducing those hateful upper lip lines. As many people prefer a specific period recommended for the skin to benefit from treatments, LED has indicated in its promos month or 10 week daily treatments then 2x wk thereafter. But, if desired, it can safely be used daily after these time periods have elapsed.

Ordered mine from NCN during her sale and it's one of the best skin care purchases I've ever made.

If there is one thing I've learned while using CPs, DPL & other products, skin needs time to adjust, especially when we're a little older. Cell renewal takes longer so results aren't seen as swiftly as during our younger days. I almost gave up on CPs. And while I felt my skin behaving differently with the DPL, I didn't see really great results until I hit that 28 day cell renewal period. Then, oh what lovely a lovely surprise.

Skin has never felt cleaner, brighter, smoother & healthy. Won't say I have no problems but I feel now I'm providing it with quality care. Whereas when younger, my skin rebounded almost instantly no matter what I did to it. So great to see all the advances in skin care and what we're able to discover on the net & forums like EDS.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Cat and sister - thank you both sooo much for the valuable info! I'm only 40 so I know I shouldn't be on this thread, but I want to be prepared Laughing I wish I had known even half of what I've learned here when I was in my 20s.

Thanks again ladies Exclamation

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Arya, thanks for the great review. My samples from NCN are on their way to me as we speak, at Keliu's recommendation. And I'm glad to know about the 28 day turn-around. I'll mark it on my calendar so I won't get tooooo impatient.

Quote:
I wish I had known even half of what I've learned here when I was in my 20s.
Hi, tsjmom. I doubt if any of us use all that we know. I fall off the wagon, skin care-wise, nutrition-wise, etc., get up, dust off my bum and climb right back on. I think my body considers it cycling.Very Happy

linder
5% products discount

Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I ordered my DPL last nite. Can't wait. My last 4 years have been pretty rough and my skin is starting to show it. I feel I have some hope now. Thank-You everyone. Linder
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I am too impatient. It was so nice to hear of your experiences. The DPL sounds so good. It will be a while before I can afford that.
But do appreciate the reminder that it takes a while.

*edited by moderator to remove Home Base Business product*
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Arya - Love my DPL and working with Nanci. So you really like the accelerator? I have considered it off and on. Do you use it only at night? After CP's (Guess that would make sense!) Just don't read much about it but I have enjoyed any dealing with Nanci - love the pumpkin peel

*edited by moderator to remove Home Based Business product*
sweeps3

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to have found this forum!!

Like others have said, I also looked great until just this last year. I'm about to turn 53 on Saturday.

My question: What's a DPL?

Thanks
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
DPL stands for deep penetrating light. It increases cell turnover and you can use it in the privacy of your home.
I got mine from NCNproskincare.com.... It's a great device. Easy to use and it works.

It also helps other actives to penetrate better. I've used my dpl after vitamin C and after Copper Peptides. (You can get copper peptides here on EDS or at NCN - depending upon what level you're looking for).

The DPL unit makes you look rested and glowing. I think it has made my skin firmer also. I also use supplements faithfully and good skincare products - I look better than I did two years ago and I was pretty fussy then Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sweeps - Hey hope you up your credit card limit. This site is addicting and expensive$$$$ and fun!

Enjoy.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if this was asked on this thread before (I did not see it) but is anyone using Perricone's new Advanced product?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Catballou - The vitamin supplement is called "Every Woman's Inner Beauty" by New Chapter from Vitacost.

I missed these posts somehow and I feel remiss in that I want to say I'm glad we can encourage each other. I happen to believe as the surgeon general mentioned once... that vitamins, supplements and nutrition are the hallmarks of life. Most diseases and breakdown can be attributed directly to lack in this area. (outside of smoking which can ruin almost everything unfortunately). What leads to heart disease,diabetes and a number of other diseases is certainly seen on the outside. So in reverse the health and great nutrition we give ourself will also show on the outside in a positive manner.
Since I've become faithfulwith the skin, hair, nails supplements I've seen a strengthening in the collagen in my face which is then helped by the optimal skin care and the dpl. I look better than I did two years ago and I was a neurotic then too Laughing Just an less-informed neurotic!
So Catballou - wish we were just down the street from each other - we'd open a consulting business. We'd rock!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Linder,
Be faithful with the DPL - it will come through. twice a day for 10 weeks - hey, I sometimes talk on the phone as I sit with my face in that thing. It's worth it. You will be so happy you put the time in and really it's nothing compared to the results you'll get.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Don't mean to be hoggin the thread but one more thing for catballou and that is this.

I've dated doctors and the last one was a surgeon and he learned more from me regarding nutrition than I ever learned from him. I don't know the syllabus for doctors being trained today but American doctors are not required to take nutrition courses so when we are told to "ask our Physician - you can only hope they know something - take this advice to heart: Most doctors know little about nutrition. They know what they've chosen to learn. Sad but true. And it is true.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Don't mean to be hoggin the thread but one more thing for catballou and that is this.

I've dated doctors and the last one was a surgeon and he learned more from me regarding nutrition than I ever learned from him. I don't know the syllabus for doctors being trained today but American doctors are not required to take nutrition courses so when we are told to "ask our Physician - you can only hope they know something - take this advice to heart: Most doctors know little about nutrition. They know what they've chosen to learn. Sad but true. And it is true.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |