Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, I'm just now catching up, too.
Quote:
So Catballou - wish we were just down the street from each other - we'd open a consulting business. We'd rock!
Yeah, I always get neighbors who think I'm a deranged flower child just like my darlin' hubby does! Laughing

I've got a question for you or anyone who knows about DPL and LightStim. I have the latter. Is the DPL different or a lot better than LightStim? Do I need both? Very Happy

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Dear fellow deranged flower child: I don't think you need both. From all I can tell they are products that are geared toward achieving the same results - just different ways of getting there.
Sister
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Dear fellow deranged flower child:
Laughing They say it takes one to know one!
Thanks, Sister Sweets. I've had my LightStim about 2 weeks, and I like using it. I spend most of my time at the computer, so a couple of times a day, I put on moisturizer and hold it to my face. I don't really time it, but I guess I spend an hour or more a day with it. I'm seeing a difference already in my skin, but I started so many new treatments at the same time I may never know which ones made the most difference.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - I have been reading the "recipes" on cellbone.com. and read that the Collagen, which you mentioned that you ordered in a previous post, can be taken internally with food and drink. Have you tried this?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stovetop. Your referring to a different collagen I think. The one I have is a "Collagen Mask". I add about 8 or 10 drops of it to my jar of moisturizer.

I never ingested collagen, and haven't heard of anyone else doing so. Perhaps someone else on the board could shed some light on this.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy_A - Sorry, I was reading about the Collagen Mask Powder which can be used externally as a face moisturizer and face mask and can be taken internally as an additive to drinks and foods as opposed to the collagen serum which is external use only and must be discarded after 5 days once opened. The Powder does sound interesting, doesn't it?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Stovetop, very interesting. I must have missed it all this time..I'll have to check it out.

Isn't it amazing the products we have at our disposal these days. Nowadays, if young women in their 20's use sunscreen religiously, and take advantage of all the "goodies" at their disposal, they will still look 30 when they are 70.

I wish I could take back all the "tans" I had in my life...grrr! I can still here my mother saying..."you'll be sorry when your 50 and it's too late".....

Mother really does know best! Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
My update. I've been decreasing the use of copper peptides as the ugly stage was just so hard to live with! My new routine: I've started using Epidermx for exfoliation with an occasional glycolic gel cleaner. Skin is much clearer and flakefree. I've also started slow with PSF Retinol night repair (0.5%) and my skin appears to be liking it. Skin is clearer and more even toned and today for the first time in a long time, I had to use very little concealer. I'm also trying out Cellular Skin RX's firming peptide eye cream over PSF's cranberry eye gel. So far, these two products have not caused more milia, but neither are they getting rid of them. So far, I am happy with this routine and will see how it goes.

New products just purchased include PSF's cellular night cream, but I'm not sure where to add it into the routine. Probably on the alternate nights when I don't use the retinol.

Generally speaking, I'm very happy with the PSF products I have been using (aside from the firming toner which made me break out and the green tea cleanser which is just too mild to really clean my skin). While I like PSF, I wonder about their website saying "organic" products, as the cellular night cream has silicones in it.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum and it has its own private language and I am finding it not easy to follow. Confused
Wildflowers

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Was wondering if anybody have tried any of the facial toning/muscle stimulators/facial exercisers out there? Suzanne Sommers has the Face Master and there are some others out there as well. What has been everybody's experience with them? Do they work? Which ones are best? I hear they give you a face lift and Hollywood all do this before they walk the Red Carpet.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Wildflowers wrote:
I'm new to this forum and it has its own private language and I am finding it not easy to follow. Confused

Welcome Wildflowers Smile

I remember well when I first joined EDS. It takes a little time to get use to the forum but you will find members helpful and friendly.

Quote:
Was wondering if anybody have tried any of the facial toning/muscle stimulators/facial exercisers out there? Suzanne Sommers has the Face Master and there are some others out there as well. What has been everybody's experience with them? Do they work? Which ones are best? I hear they give you a face lift and Hollywood all do this before they walk the Red Carpet.

I have not used any of the devices you mentioned. My friend has the treatment done professionally from time to time. The professional results are lovely. Unfortunately, for 85.00 treatment results (lifting) only lasts two days.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
havana8

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflowers wrote:

Wildflowers, you might find this helpful:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=147995

It's a list of some of the more commonly used acronyms + skincare line abbreviations used on the forum. Smile
Wildflowers

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for the best eye and face cream. I am so tired of wasting my money on garbage. What is everybody else using that REALLY WORK.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower
Yeah KWYM about wasting money!

I finally bit the bullet and had a series of microdermabrasion/glycolic peels and Botox, and now use Vivite products, which are glycolic acid. I have to say this has really helped more than just all the hit/miss products I'd been trying with so-so success. For $1100 I got a series of 6 peels/microderm and Botox in my upper lip and crowsfeet areas.

I started using Givenchy No Surgetics eye cream too - it is alarmingly effective and is $80 for a jar.

Who said beauty has to hurt? Of course it does! **yikes** Mostly in my bank account! *ouch* But if I'm going to spend time and money anyway, it better work, and NOW!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
What happened to the "over the hill crowd"?? I need your input more than ever with another birthday fast approaching on the 1st.... Shock

So my update is as follows; I'm still using DW, LS + NF. My skin is softer, clearer, and "somewhat" firmer, with fewer wrinkles especially on my forehead and reduced pore size. The hard part now, is knowing exactly what is doing what, as far as the tools go..

My thought is that; The LightStim is responsible for the clarity + softness, the Derma Wand is responsible for the firming, pore tightening + the NuFace does a little of everything.

In other words, I'm totally confused! Question..LOL

But the moral of my story is that I love, love, love my tools + wouldn't part with one of them.

I'd love to hear what's working or not for y'all, or any new "aging" dilemma's your experiencing....

Kassy

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - Thanks for the update. Are you still using cellbone products? After your posts on Cellbone - I did order from them and was really impressed with their Collagen cleanser and 15% Vitamin C with Glycolic. I am also using Cellbone's Super AOX - but not ready to post any results on that yet.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop, I missed ya!!

It would be nice to see this thread take off again, thanks for getting things rolling..

I've been using the Glycolic C, AOX, and the serums I've made with the matrixyl 3000, argireline + Idebenone....

My skin is looking and feeling very good, so I guess the combination of serums + tools are surely helping.

At this age, things seem to decline faster than we can keep up I think. But I really can't complain, since I pretty much abused my skin for most of my 55 years. It's only in the last 5 years, post menopause, that I really took skincare seriously. (Although, I faithfully used sunscreen for the past 20 years). So now I'm trying to play catchup, and it's easier said than done.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
A p.s. here for you stovetop.

The collagen cleanser + also the collagen mask, are great for removing the dead skin cells that are really "stuck" there as we age.

I'm glad it was a help to you.

Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
ladies! I am about to introduce a VERY ugly aging condition - turkey neck - talk about a giveaway! I think I will start a new post with it though. Looking forward to your input!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
JulieMarie, please put your thoughts in this thread for the dreaded "turkey neck"....

There are far too many post's already to sift through, for the same dilemma's..

We're waiting with bated breath to hear your tale of woe.......... Sad

Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ooops! just opened a topic! But at least it will be the definitive one! lol Wink
chuck
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have read most of this and I was swayed one way then another but boy have I learned a lot . I think I will stick with PSF CP and my Drema wand and cont to read this forum as there is a lot of knowledge in these pages and more are added almost daily Thanks Ladies

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have read most of this and I was swayed one way then another but boy have I learned a lot . I think I will stick with PSF CP and my Drema wand and cont to read this forum as there is a lot of knowledge in these pages and more are added almost daily Thanks Ladies

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Haooy New Year ladies!

I too hope to see this thread take off again.

I've been using CP serum since July '07 and frankly I have not seen BIG improvements. All my fine lines are still visible; sagginh has not improved either. But I must say my skin is a bit brighter and smoother.

I received a christalift microdermabrasion system for Christmas and have used it twice already. I hope that by getting rid of dead cells and protein built up the CP will sink in and produce better results.

I alternate Chamonix RF and Emu oil over my CP serum and also use an eye cream. I do this AM and PM. Occasionally I use Vit. C instead of CP in the AM but I've been told that if I take 1000 mg. of Vit C I don't need topical C. I also take MSM which has improved my arthritis condition greatly.

Any advice on doing things differently?

Best wishes to all.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes. Another year...

It's been a year of trial and error for me. Tried the Copper Peptides, and it wasn't as if I was looking for a miracle (or was I?), but didn't notice much difference other than smoother skin. Still using up the sample bottle but don't know if I will purchase.

Vitamin C and I do not agree with each other, and I have stopped abusing my skin with it! I so much wanted it to be a good fit for me...

Using the PSF Retinol and don't know what it is doing yet...

All in all, just trying to keep my skin exfoliated, pores clean and skin hydrated. I believe genetics and age will do the rest, good and/or bad!

Here's to a new year filled with lots of new skin care possibilities for us all (without breaking the bank!)...

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |