Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going really well using the Dermaroller, Lightstim and Retin-A. I feel that my skin has made a massive improvement in overall quality. I was at lunch the other day and my friend's mother actually commented on my "peaches and cream" complexion Shock And I'm someone that spent my entire youth on the beach covered in coconut oil and therefore have terrible sun damage. So, something is working. I'm not having any luck with facial sagging though - I have the Facialflex but facial exercises aren't really my thing.

Have any of you been following this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356533#356533 I think this is going to be my next adventure. I'm so lusting after the Vaculifter. Received an invoice from the company - its EUR61.40 but there are cheaper facial cupping sets available.

Have a look and let me know what you think.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Keliu, sounds like things are working out well with your routine.

I can relate perfectly to what you said about the 'entire youth on the beach'. I did likewise, covered in baby oil with iodine...I shudder when I think of it. So my dear, now we have to deal with the sagging that was the result of all those toasty brown tans... Rolling Eyes

Can't comment on the 'cupping' as it isn't my thing, and I know zilch about it.

As for the Dermaroller....It's just too scary altogether... Shock Shock Shock (I don't do pain well) I love reading about everyones great results with it though..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I"m with Kassy - I read about the dermaroller but I'm not exactly jumping to buy it. I like the theory of it though. ANd who knows - maybe it's in my future. Glad to read so many good reports about it. I have not investigated the Cupping process yet.
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

Have you had any problems with the Lightstim and Retin-A? I know that in the info on one of the light units ( maybe it was the big one,not the handheld and yours is handheld,correct??)it stated should not be used with retinoids because of skin sensitivity. Have you found that to be the case at all?

I'm still on the fence with light devices, but would like to get more "enlightened", and may then take the plunge. So far it's Dermawand and NuFace and I like them both a lot.

Cowgal
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Retin A should be applied last thing before going to bed, so shouldn't be an issue at all for LED use.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Thanks for the quick reponse. But the issue is not the timing of the Retin-A application, but the fact that it makes your skin so phot-sensitive. That's why one of the Light stim ( the big one I think) says not to use Retin-A - or any retinoid with their device.

Most friends that I know of who are using Retin-A either stay away from the sun, use a big hat or gobs of sunblock. So I'm wondering about this as well.. ie the affects.

Cowgal
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Could you all imagine, if 10 years from now, we learn that some of the tools, miracles in a jar, etc..etc.. cause our bloody faces to collapse.. Shock Shock Shock

Here's what makes me a bit leary;

Derma Roller - Infection? Since our unbroken skin is the barrier to keep harmful stuff out, doesn't the DR open you up to the bad stuff getting in? I also wonder if the repeated needling through the depth of the skin causes damage to the structure somehow?

Some ActivesWe know they work, but what about long term? Could they actually come back to haunt us in one way or the other? Are we even giving a thought to them entering our blood stream + vital organs? Will the magical tightening we're experiencing today, all of a sudden collapse when enough cells have been killed off? Are we keeping the dosage at a safe concentration, or are we thinking; if a little is good, a lot must be better.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Continued.....(my little grandson hit submit. Very Happy

LED's, Lasers, DPL; So the studies show the radiation we're exposed to is the 'safe' kind. I didn't know there was a safe kind of radiation, did you? I'm also wondering if using our LED's two or three times a week, has even been considered in the equation.

Anyway, I think about these things, and wondered if any of you have thoughts on the matter. Am I just letting the 'nurse' in me get carried away? If so, please tell me it's all in my head.. Sad

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I misunderstood you Cowgal.

I used Retin-A many decades ago for about a year. Although I loved what it did to my skin, I was afraid of using it long term because I didn't want the vitamin A building up in my liver. I also had a problem with a bleeding disorder, and couldn't afford to have a complication from it.

So, after that long winded litany, I'll get back to your question; YES, Retin-A causes photo sensitivity and UVA/UVB protection both physically and otherwise must be used. As far as using it in conjunction with an LED device, I would call the company's CS to find out for sure whether or not it's contraindicated. I thought it was okay if separated by 12 hours, but that's a guess.

Is anybody out there using Retin-A + light therapy?

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yes,I'd like to know that too. I think Keliu is, anyone else.. or any retinoid or Green Cream which is what I am using-- or at least trying to get my skin accustomed to.......

Tks in advance.
Cowgal
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ooops - maybe I dont know what i"m doing but I've used my dpl from time to time after Green Cream and CP's and haven't noticed anything - like I'm going to explode or wierd skin issues.
My directions never really said it was or wasn't okay to use with certain products I'm too much of a maverick at times and should begin to be more cautious.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm using Retin-A along with LED therapy and, to be honest, I hadn't given it a thought. Retin-A does make your skin more sensitive to sunlight (UVA, UVB) but I just presumed that LED is a safe form of light (unlike sunlight). I use the Lightstim first and apply the Retin-A afterwards - I haven't read anywhere that you can't use both. I love using Retin-A and have not had any problems at all and as for skin sensitivity - I find the Lightstim extremely soothing to the skin, especially after using the Dermaroller.

As for the Dermaroller - I really believe that this is the best skin tool ever. Yes, you are "injuring" the skin which, in turn, causes it to heal and rejuvenate. I've been doing this for about 9 months now and have not had any problems with infection or anything else.

Maybe, I'm a bit of a "gung-ho" person, I just throw caution to the wind and jump right in and try everything. But really if we all started worrying about everything that is bad for us we'd never get out of bed in the morning! When I was young, I remember being told that you could die from using tampons - whilst toxic shock has been linked to the use of tampons I definitely wasn't going to stop using them - well I'm still here!

The bottom line is - do what you feel comfortable with and use good sense.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Continued.....(my little grandson hit submit. Very Happy
If so, please tell me it's all in my head.. Sad

Ok,Kassy, its all in your head. LOL Very Happy

I think using our cell phones may cause more damage than our Lights,and Products.
The information that we all share really is priceless.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I think using our cell phones may cause more damage than our Lights,and Products.

Good point. TVs and microwaves were also supposed to be frying our brains.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I'll second it. It's all in your head. Laughing

I have health concerns about ANY excesses (even too much exercise or too much me-time). But worries about dermaroller and LED therapy would not be on the list.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you all very much for putting my mind at ease.

I have to stop trying to analyze everything so much.

I'm off to answer the cell phone + get the popcorn out of the mic... Shock

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well,this is all good to know.. as sooner or later I'd like to try a light tool. So unless my skin hollers, "No,no" afterward, it should work fine like so many of you have indicated.
Thanks for your input.

Cowgal
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to this site. It great reading about everyone's experiences.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - I am not trying to upset you but I agree with your concerns. Additionally, a friend of mine has an austic child and suspects not just vaccinations but prenatal ultrasound. I too am over 55 and just received FlexEffect -it is natural and that is all I intend to do!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A - I am not trying to upset you but I agree with your concerns. Additionally, a friend of mine has an austic child and suspects not just vaccinations but prenatal ultrasound. I too am over 55 and just received FlexEffect -it is natural and that is all I intend to do!

If you do a search on facial exercises here on EDS you'll find that some people have complained that doing facial exercises and/or using FlexEffect has stretched their skin and made their sagging worse. Just pointing out that there are naysayers for everything. BTW I have the FlexEffect and don't think it does much, good or bad.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - What size dermaroller are you using?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Keliu - What size dermaroller are you using?

I'm using the 1.5mm Nova Skin Clinic model - it's the best I've used.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wow and Ouch. that's the Big Dog. I was hoping you'd say something smaller. This little kitty is still watching from the sidelines for a while longer. Thanks though.
anndy

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I must admit to lurking for a long time. Felt too ignorant to say anything as I knew nothing about skin care. I will be 64 soon and my skin has really gone South Shock I have studied and read and tried several creams and serums to no avail. Most irritated my skin and the few that didn't really did not seem to help even after several months application Crying or Very sad I am trying CP's now and ordered J & B's C + C. Thought to alternate days since they interfere with each other. Jojoba oil and avocado oil agree with my skin and I just received an order of Squalene from SB. Understand its a good carrier oil for CP's and Emu oil caused my skin to get red scaly blotches. I started Flex Effect about seven weeks ago and have had some very positive results - major commitment, I must say. Very interested in either the light stem or the BQ after all the good results - just can't decide which one. Wow, skin care is a lot of work Laughing Thank you all for the wonderful information and I hope to be able to give back with time and experience. Anndy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:51 am      Reply with quote
anndy wrote:
Hi Everyone, I must admit to lurking for a long time. Felt too ignorant to say anything as I knew nothing about skin care. I will be 64 soon and my skin has really gone South Shock I have studied and read and tried several creams and serums to no avail. Most irritated my skin and the few that didn't really did not seem to help even after several months application Crying or Very sad I am trying CP's now and ordered J & B's C + C. Thought to alternate days since they interfere with each other. Jojoba oil and avocado oil agree with my skin and I just received an order of Squalene from SB. Understand its a good carrier oil for CP's and Emu oil caused my skin to get red scaly blotches. I started Flex Effect about seven weeks ago and have had some very positive results - major commitment, I must say. Very interested in either the light stem or the BQ after all the good results - just can't decide which one. Wow, skin care is a lot of work Laughing Thank you all for the wonderful information and I hope to be able to give back with time and experience. Anndy

Hi Anndy and welcome to EDS. Smile I am on my way to work and couldn't not respond to your nice post.

Regarding the Q or LightStim it seems both get good reviews. I myself have the Q and am pleased. In saying that, do read what other members have to say about their experience with such devices.

Thank you for the support you have given me (in other threads) regarding FlexEffect. I am still at the facial exercise. Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |