Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
arym
5% products discount

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sister Sweets,

Thanks for response on the LED. I can't find anything on the Prolight Platinum can you please tell me where I might get more info on it.

I definitly want to purchase a LED and was thinking seriously on the lightstim but I want to make the best choice of course.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I do want the Prolight Red that Rita recomended but it is so pricey. Trying to save if but I can't stay off Ebay to save.

And these mirrors. Yikes! It is so true some I want to throw a rock and others well I like younger.

My face looks great but my neck still and upper chest still need work. Not the same color from sun and my chest is sensitive.Rolling even with a the .15 dermaroller I get red bumps. No more rolling on my neck/]. I am pretty firm, no turkey waddle .

My oils have have helped with the wrinkles and I eat well, lots of internal supplements. I think MSM is a keeper. People say I look like I am in my 40s so this is good.

I am not goimg to keep fighting as long as long as I keep working.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi all, have just returned from a six week road-trip with my husband - nearly went crazy, but did manage to survive!

I'm checking in to tell you that I'm seeing some improvements to my skin lately - especially my neck. Before I went away, I incorporated some new things into my routine, namely: Glucosamine & Nicinamide DIY serum (pm); Remergent DNA Repair (pm); Kosmea Eighth Natural Wonder Serum (am). I also religiously used my AALS every other night and the .5mm Dermaroller every four days.

Hi, would you mind sharing your "recipe" for the DIY Glucosamine and Niacinamide serum? Thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Hi, would you mind sharing your "recipe" for the DIY Glucosamine and Niacinamide serum? Thanks!

G & N Serum 1oz

1/2 tsp. Glucosamine (5%)
1/4 tsp. Niacinamide (2.5%)
5 tsp. Distilled water
1 tsp. Glycerin

Disolve G and N in water, then add glycerin. I purchased fromwww.bulkactives.com

Glucosamine (N-acetyl-D) 30g : 1 : $4.95
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) 30g : 1 : $3.90
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arym, Below is the link to the prolight platinum. It's been well- received on this forum. I was looking at the AASL and decided to go with the prolight instead. I think you'll enjoy the phenomenal customer service Rita provides also. She gives a custom skin care regime and instructions for how best to use the product on your skin type. And phone help too. I'm very happy with the purchase.
Best of Luck....Sis

http://www.prolightaesthetics.com/page/page/5747232.htm
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
m1rox wrote:

G & N Serum 1oz

1/2 tsp. Glucosamine (5%)
1/4 tsp. Niacinamide (2.5%)
5 tsp. Distilled water
1 tsp. Glycerin

Disolve G and N in water, then add glycerin. I purchased fromwww.bulkactives.com

Glucosamine (N-acetyl-D) 30g : 1 : $4.95
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) 30g : 1 : $3.90

Thanks for your reply, Keliu! Do you think it needs a penetration enhancer to help get it into the skin? They recommend the Dimethyl Isosorbide (Arlasolve DMITM) but it's very expensive.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't have any problem at all with it sinking into the skin so I wouldn't worry about adding a penetration enhanser.
bishti

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to ths forum and would like to know what are CPs?
I am a young 58, have been using tuo viso for 6 weeks and seeing an improvement around my eyes especially.
I would like to improve my jawline and neck, without surgery, any suggestions?
Like other forum members I have noticed a marked difference in my skin during the past few years especially.
This sounds awful, I don't look that bad for my age, but also wonder about skin peels and pore reduction. Not desparate but hopeful.
Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bishti- Welcome! It is great you don't look bad for your age. Either do I at 55.

CP's are Copper Peptides which help with firming the skin. A very popular brand that many use can be found at ncnproskincare.com.

What we are all looking for at our age is more collagen. Many on this board are using the dermaroller to help with collagen production and/or product penetration. I personally love it for my face but cannot use it on my neck and chest. Here is a thread you can check out. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29250&highlight=dermaroller

Many of us use Retin A, Renova or Tazorac.

Peels- It depends on how far you want to go and how deep. Many love the pumpkin peel once a week from ncnproskincare.com but it is a very light peel.

A good peel website is platinumskincare.com. You can get advice there as well as learn. I recently did a Vi Peel which I am very happy with. But this is not a beginner peel.

What products are you using now. You can check out Remergent (which I love), Vitamin C products (skin Medica, SkinEceuticals, Obagi). Karen Herzog here as these products are very popular.

Also many are into the 302 line here on this board.

Choices, choices and more choices.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
bishti wrote:
Hi, I'm new to ths forum and would like to know what are CPs?
I am a young 58, have been using tuo viso for 6 weeks and seeing an improvement around my eyes especially.
I would like to improve my jawline and neck, without surgery, any suggestions?
Like other forum members I have noticed a marked difference in my skin during the past few years especially.
This sounds awful, I don't look that bad for my age, but also wonder about skin peels and pore reduction. Not desparate but hopeful.
Wink

Hi Bishti -
I endorse Facial Flex exercises: specifically Flex Effect. Used regularyl you will look younger, firmer and more lifted - it's amazing. My own results are great, I also sugges use a well-research ipl system - I love prolight and also good skin care. CP's are good, Retin A, always cleanse skin before bed. water, and all the right supplements. Hey, best of luck . If you need any help - just pm me or any of us. That's why we're here.

Sis
bishti

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Platinumrose, thankyou your reply is really helpful. I'll look up all of your recommendations and let you know how I get on

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
......not to be facetious....heaven forbid!....but I've always been tempted to try Edina's look on Absolutely Fabulous!! : the sequins on the crows-feet!!! What a hoot!!!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Bishti,

I am also new to the forum and I am learning so much useful info from these ladies. I have been looking into buying a LED system and have decided to purchase the prolight platium. Can't wait to get started. As you will read many of these ladies take very good care of themselves and use similar products for skin care, Retin-a, Vit C, good moisturiser and sunscreen. There are so many good products out it can be overwhelming. I think (and I'm sure all will agree) that using these products regularly will help you to look your best.

Along with what you put on your face it's important what you put into your body. Eating healthy, taking supplements and excercising all contribute to healthy skin which can take years off your appearance.

I love it when I see a woman who is of a mature age but you can't guess how old she is because she seems ageless in attitude and appearance.

It makes me feel hopeful that one day all women upon reaching that mature age will have that look.

We baby boomers are setting an example for our daughters that older doesn't mean losing vitality or becoming matronly in our looks like our mothers and grandmothers.

Ladies, agree or disagree?

Have a great day!
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Phew, I had to breathe after I read this, thanks for the great ideas! I started to see my skin looking rough in my 30's, dull, you know the here we go I can't believe this is me... I did microdermabrasion treatments too, $4000 on dermage, ouch! Did you see anything? Honestly, I get better results from my treasured Epidermx II than the treatments, and it is the only product that has continued to improve my skin, pores and blackheads (gone). The Chrysalyx has made a drastic improvement in the texture and tone of my skin and my scars are fading! Yea! Arym, sounds like we have some things in common. I love that it is a detox, antioxidant firmer, it even replaced my eye cream. I read Matrixyl is good for eyes. I am sensitive to ingredients and does anyone know if it has parabens in it? I know like Argireline is blended and has parabens. I am becoming addicted to the NaturDerm products. I just started the Naturdermx, was about the only one I could find with pure AH 3 and no silicones. Too early to tell, but I really like it so far. When I use the Epidermx a little longer and rub them in the next day my face is really tight, lasts too! I needed that, loving the sag lift! I noticed EDS carries the NaturDerm products now, that is great! Love the company, best customer service anywhere, one on one, what a concept! They are on special now here is a link!
http://www.greatnewskin.com/index2.html
bishti

Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies and advice.
Don't think I have the courage for the sequins on the crows feet, but yes they did look good on Edena.

The LED system sounds good but is expensive, worth it if it works.

I'll google the flex effect today.

Matron? My daughters are my sisters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah the sequins are just for nights out.

I came across this lip-enhancer that works nicely:
blot the lips together tightly, then line the vermillion border just *on top of* the line. Fill in the lips with the liner pencil, then wipe most of it off, leaving just a stain. Then fill in with a gloss.
Looks more natural than old-timey lined lips. And does make them look lots fuller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going with the Flex Effect and holding off on the LED Light for now. With the stock market taking a CRASH today and wanting to retire, I can't have everything.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Go for the Flex Effect. And be dedicated 5/6 days a week ... - Promise!!! You will be so delighted with it. I am more than amazed at my own results.

Sis
arym
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sister Sweets,

After much research and reading positive feedback on the flexeffect, I've decided to order. I do not like to give credit card info online and prefer to speak with someone when ordering a product so any questions I might have will be answered but, after trying for 3 days I'm getting quite discouraged because no one has returned my call. I have indicated my interest in ordering and this makes me think that their customer service is very poor. Have you had any problems contacting flexeffect?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arym,
When I ordered their system was having problems processing Paypal. And they called me until it got taken care of. Deb herself called me once and then the other two times it was a staff person. As I recall it was not an immediate phone call but a day or two later (not three Sad ).

It is not a big company and that may have something to do with the wait time.

Have you emailed them on the site and let them know you are trying to order over the phone?

Hope you will hear soon - it's a great product - one of the best (and overall cheapest) purchase I have made.

Let me know. Sis
arym
5% products discount

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,

Thank you for responding. I did receive a call after 8pm on day 3. The representative was very nice and answered all my questions. I ordered the flexeffect package and was told I would receive it early next week. Can't wait to begin. I feel like a little kid at Christmas.

I will let you know if I see results in about a month.

Just had my 3rd fraxel treatment today so I should be ready to flex by middle of next week.

I plan on buying a prolight before years end. Are you still happy with yours? Do your family and friends notice a difference since you began flexeffect and LED?

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I have been using FlexEffect for a little over a year and the Prolight red since May and both are WISE investments. I have had great results with both and wonderful customer service. The forum for Flexeffect will keep you motivated and answer any questions. With the Prolight Rita has supported and encourage my Flexeffect program and continues to provide support with my questions about the light and the skincare program. My only regret is that I didn't start both sooner. Better late than never.
Toby

5% products discount

Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Toby,

So happy to hear that you are satisfied with both products. Its very encouraging to know that I have made a wise choice. I did do research on both and did not read one negative comment. I too wish I had known about this sooner, but better late than never!

What is your skincare regimen?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arym,
I am currently using skinactives ready made actives and creams. I am also using a .15 derma roller for product penetration. I use the derma roller three to four times a week. My favorite product from Skinactives is DMAE, good stuff! Rita from Prolight has designed a skincare program for me that is tailored to my age, 53, and my skin(moderately thick and normal(not either dry or oily) not all sensitive to any treatment or products. My problem areas were slight sag(flexing and DMAE) have handled that, the beginning of a few fine lines, no pigmentation issues. I have learned that what works for one person won't necessarily work for another due to skin type,age, and previous sun damage and skincare. My best friend has tried to follow my routine and her fair delicate sensitive skin drastically rebelled Embarassed So I encourage others to be experts on your skin type and monitor every product you try with caution until you know what is best for your skin.
Toby

5% products discount

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

I agree that you must know your skin type and what works for you. Few are the lucky ones who don't have to spend years and a ton of money to find that out. Our skin changes with age so what worked in one decade might not work in another.

I am 53 also, very soon to be 54. My skin has always been very oily (and still is). I suffered with cystic acne when I was younger which left me with deep scars. Luckily because of advanced technology I have been able to improve the texture of my skin and also reduce scarring.

I use retin-a 3 times a week at night and also a lotion by Life Extension called New Face. So far I quite like it.

I am very excited to begin with the Flexeffect program and look forward to amazing results!

Take care,

Arym
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |