Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Warning-mixing too many things in your conditioner may...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
spoil it. I added Seakelp Bioferment, liquid oat beta glucans, jojoba oil and evening primrose oil as well as ACV in to my bottle of Trader Joe's conditioner. It turned out fine at first, but the next time I used it, the texture was way off. It seemed to congeal and got lumpy, and I didn't think much of it. I still used it, but noticed it wouldn't spread easily like before. After I washed my hair off, my scalp got so flaky. I think something spoiled the conditioner. So now if I want to add anything to the conditioner, I just do it batch by batch and finish all of it at once. Please be careful if you add stuff to your conditioner directly in the bottle.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
That's a great reminder to us all about adding stuff to products...you never know what will happen. I tried adding some citronella oil and aloe vera gel to my unscented body lotion before a trip to the tropics...the combination liquefied the lotion to the consistency of water. It was not the result I was hoping for!!!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
oh, good reminder, i made a cleaser mousse with the empty bubble producer bottle.
at first it is perfect,but the second day it turns rot Crying or Very sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello bbkgirl,
I also use SKBio and a bunch of other actives but I put the mix in a easy to expense bottle and I mix it with shampoo in my hands before I use it to wash my hair. This way, the shampoo or conditioner wouldn't get spoiled.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Hello bbkgirl,
I also use SKBio and a bunch of other actives but I put the mix in a easy to expense bottle and I mix it with shampoo in my hands before I use it to wash my hair. This way, the shampoo or conditioner wouldn't get spoiled.

What other actives (other than SKB) are adding to your shampoo? Thanks
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello Marina,
My mix includes SKBio, Chrysin, Epidermal Growth Factor, Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins and Marine Nutrient Serum from SAS.
I can't testify on "hair growth" but this mix definitely make my hair softer, shinier, and never looked better.
Wild Cat

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Hello Marina,
My mix includes SKBio, Chrysin, Epidermal Growth Factor, Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins and Marine Nutrient Serum from SAS.
I can't testify on "hair growth" but this mix definitely make my hair softer, shinier, and never looked better.
Wild Cat

That sounds like a really good combination! What shampoo do you add it to? Also, besides SKBio, do you mix everything else to the shampoo bottle?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Hello Marina,
Wild Cat

Oy!! I think I'm sorry I asked! Can you give me an idea as to amounts? If it's already posted somewhere, just tell me & I'll search for it. Thanks very much.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Just what I needed to read. I've been wanting to add actives to my hair care products as well.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I have a feeling that the liquid oat beta glucans is what caused the spoiling. Maybe it didn't interact well with something in the conditioner. I tried adding all these things for one time use, and the consistency was still not that great. I'll have to try not adding the BG next time.

Wild cat, did you buy all those ingredients from SAS or just the last one (marine nutrient serum)?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I did buy all those ingredients from SAS but I have decided not to not ordering from them anymore. Because I think its a rip off and I do not appreciate the owner's business practice.
I think you can find everything I listed somewhere else except the Marine Nutrient Serum. I still need to find out where else sells KGF.

I do not add anything into the bottle of shampoo I use (which is Nioxin's Bionutrient Protective Cleanser which was recommended to me by my hairstylist but it does contain SLS). I always pour the shampoo on to my hand and then add in the SKBio mix (from a easy pumping bottle), just rub my hands together and then shampoo as usual. I always put the mix back to the fridge though, because I didn't add any preservative.

Here is the recipe, I modified a hair serum SAS is selling:
4oz SKbio,
0.25 fl oz Chrysin (half tube)
50mcg KGF (whole tube)
2.5 g of Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins (half tube)
0.5 oz of Marine Nutrient Serum (half tube)

I hope this helps

Surprised

Edited to add that KGF needs to be last to add into the mix. Gently fold it in instead of heavy mixing.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |