Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sculptra
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I got Sculptra today. (also Juvederm in lips.) Anyone else have any experience with it?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't gotten it yet, but have done quite a a bit of research on it. My face is pretty think and would like it injected into my cheeks.
I know its not an immediate result, and it may take up to 3 treatments spaced weeks apart.
I am curious what you had injected and how much it cost. I was told a syringe was $200.00 and it would take 3-4 for each treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
thats too cheap,sculptra is usually at least 1000 pr syringe, i think the drs pay 600 for it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had the Juvederm in my nasolabials in two tiny lip lines about a month ago. Love it, very natural and doesn't leave the bumps and lumpiness that resty does. Hope it lasts for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, 1 vial of Sculptra is at cost to doctors $600, and sells to patients for about $1000 - 1200. The vial is concentrated and must be diluted. Doctors may dilute it to either 5 or 6 ccs. Some doctors sell by the vial price, and some sell by the cc. My derm sells by the cc ($225/cc). So that is probably how Chrissie was quoted. One cc does not cover much area, though.

I have had both Sculptra and Juvederm. I have gotten Sculptra several times. It takes about 3 initial treatments to see anything, and it's subtle, but it did in fact help fill some hollow areas for me and is very natural. It lasts about a year or even more. Upkeep is 1 treatment per year.

Sculptra is not a filler but a catalyst for your body to creat collagen. So after the initial swelling goes down it takes weeks before you see the real "fluffing."

Juvederm I got free with the clinical trial last fall. It lasted about 4 months before it started visibly depleting. It's a nice filler.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations Very Happy

My BFF has had a lot of experience with Sculpturer and hopefully she'll pop in on this post. Very positive too.

I am going to do sculpturer in my nasolabial folds later this year, after my next surgery.

I have had juvederm in my nasolabial folds and of all the fillers out there that I've had, I found it was the best as far as longer lasting. On me about 3 months.

Where did you get your sculpturer? Are you happy with it, how does it look and feel..
Now I cant wait till Monday for my sili K in my lips Razz
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
The costs lucyluc and seabliss quoted for sculptra were right on the money (for one syringe). I have to go back in a month for a second round. I was specifically concerned about nasolabial lines. (Which I have had since I was 12 - they have gotten worse with time of course - but they are just part of my facial structure.) I have had collagen in the past, but my body just sucked it up - so the juvederm in the lips looks nice already. (I have a full bottom lip and thin top lip which never matched.) Also, since I am resistant to Botox, my derm is trying a different strain of Botox for my 11s. I have been to other ps or derms for Botox in the past and none before ever mentioned to me there were different types available.
Right now my face is sore and my lips are purple. The things we girls do for beauty!!! Which reminds me of this lady on Dr. Phil last week. He gave her a dressing down about plastic surgery. This wasn't the weird obsessive Barbie lady - this one really hadn't had that much done. She shot back that its the 21st century and its all about "preserve and maintain". I was like "WORD". But then I've had 2 rhinos and lipo on my tummy.
SandraG, I am excited for you too!! I had never heard of SiliK before and eagerly await hearing of your results.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
My lips sucked up the collegen fillers too. And it made my lips uneven as it sucked it up unevenly.

Hydroform and Restylynn both sucked on me...lasted 6 weeks..and that was 2 syringes Mad
Juverderm definatly is the better of the fillers.
I wonder if you can have sculpterer put in you 11s. You can in the cheeks, so I'm sure you could.
I am hoping I can do some in my nasolabial folds, but my surgeon wont do it, so I'm going to another Doc who just might. If I can convince her Embarassed
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
There is another one called Artefill that is used for nasolabial lines and is supposed to last 10+ years. Have you heard of that one? I was seriously looking into it.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Artefill was just legalized in the US., there arent too many skilled injectors yet,the key is skill because since it is a permanent filler if they make a mistake you are permanently messed up,you can also develop ugly granulomas later on...my dr. wont even consider it but if you are tired of spending thousands on fillers it might be the answer. there is a dr in TJ that only does artefill so he is very skilled, he charges 500 pr syringe the price is up to 1500 in the states...I am too scared to go to tJ. Artefill is only to be used on nasal lines. I wasnt aware that sculptra could be used for nasal lines.I have been using radiesse which lasts about 8 mos to a yr I pay 850 pr syringe.Resty and hylaform only lasted a month on me I tend to burn up some fillers too. I thought that you need at least 3 treatments of sculptra to make a difference.....for filling in a gaunt face and it only lasts maybe 2 yrs(depends on the person) so that is a minimumof 3000 and you have to pay for a yearly touchup? One syringe a year? so its only 1200 pr yr for maintenance?Of course the downside of all fillers is that they tend to stretch the skin which means you will need a facelift sooner than if you never did them Embarassed whats a girl to do!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Artefill is an implant. I did look at it, but I dont like it too much.

I am not sure about sculpturer being used on nasolabial lines either. I am going to ask the doc on Monday when she does my siki-K.

My surgeon wont do it there, because they dont think it is considered 'gauntness' and they dont consider it needing 'volumizing' which is what sculpturer is actaully for.
Im still going to ask, and I'll post what she says here.

I am looking at the nasolabial treatment on skinbios site http://skinbio.com/nasolabial.html
Just making sure it's ok with my other products first.

Funny lucyluc that you had these body sucking tendancies too with the hydraform and restylyn. Rolling Eyes
I wonder what our bodies did with it..
My syringes cost $750 each and I had 2 put in..
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
My doc said some people have a metabolism that burns up the fillers faster than others. Whatever the reason, I wish they would last as long as they are supposed to/advertised to anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I know. And who the heck wants to look good for 1 month only! Rolling Eyes
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:
Actually, 1 vial of Sculptra is at cost to doctors $600, and sells to patients for about $1000 - 1200. The vial is concentrated and must be diluted. Doctors may dilute it to either 5 or 6 ccs. Some doctors sell by the vial price, and some sell by the cc. My derm sells by the cc ($225/cc). So that is probably how Chrissie was quoted. One cc does not cover much area, though.

I have had both Sculptra and Juvederm. I have gotten Sculptra several times. It takes about 3 initial treatments to see anything, and it's subtle, but it did in fact help fill some hollow areas for me and is very natural. It lasts about a year or even more. Upkeep is 1 treatment per year.

Sculptra is not a filler but a catalyst for your body to creat collagen. So after the initial swelling goes down it takes weeks before you see the real "fluffing."

Juvederm I got free with the clinical trial last fall. It lasted about 4 months before it started visibly depleting. It's a nice filler.

thanks, you are right. I was quoted 200.00 per syringe, and she uses 1 cc syringes. (I watched her inject someone else)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
artefill is not an implant, it is a permanent filler. Go towww.artefill.com for more info. I think one reason people metabolize fillers are those that exercise a lot can burn them up,I get a lot of exercise and workout with weights, I wonder if not drinking enough water could also affect the longevity of fillers......
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
My doc said some people have a metabolism that burns up the fillers faster than others. Whatever the reason, I wish they would last as long as they are supposed to/advertised to anyway.

I'm a nurse with 17 years of OR experience. Now, I am an nurse educator and teach the new nurses coming into our facility. I got fed up spending $500-$600.00 every four months for filler injections. The last few times I got injected, I started paying very close attention to their injection techniques. I teach this stuff, and I thought if I can teach someone to give an injection I can certainly give myself one. I did a lot of reading on fillers and technique to feel comfortable about self-injection. (I buy my Restylane from Canada and it is the same product my physician uses)
Even though the dermis is not thick, there are 3 separate planes. Each filler has different size particles, so it is important that the filler is injected into the correct area of the dermis. If someone injects a mid dermal filler (like Restylane) into the deep dermis, the filler is absorbed faster by the body. I am not a physician, but I wonder if those of you that are experiencing fast filler absorption are having filler injected into the wrong part of the dermis????

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I dont think so because I have had numerous injections by many different drs. who have had a lot of experience.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great information! I have a couple of those blasted lines above my lips. A PS told them they weren't "bad" yet I think they make me look sooooooo unfriendly!!! I'm looking into something as well. I did have Resty about three years ago and liked it just fine ... but I do exercise a LOT more now and don't want the blasted stuff reabsorbing any faster than it already does!

I'm going to look into the more permanent stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Chrissie...
But no way. I have had all my injections done at my surgery center, by the nurse who overseas all my care. My surgeon is a very reputable surgeon in his community and one of the best here in the Colorado area. It's his wife who is a RN.
It's just my body, sucking it up. Actually, do you think it's likely sculpturer can be used in naso folds?

Oh Lucyluc...you know..that's the website where I looked at it. I got this mixed up with something else. I did email them ages ago where you go and find a doctor, and did not get anything back, so just forgot about it.
I have emailed them again...Thanks!!!

I suffer from TMI Confusion Embarassed

P.S. When I get my lips done on Monday, I'll ask the Doc is she knows anything about Artefill to compare notes, and I'll post here.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I once read that if you have a thyroid problem or any blood disorder, or are low on iron, restyline will not last, and would be a waste of time having it done, let alone the cost! (something to do with it working with the blood). I don't know if it's true, but it was an article written by a plastic surgeon.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
4sons I had heard resty doesnt last long in the lines over your mouth because there is too much movement there...I wonder if the laser could help or maybe even radiesse, that is a longer lasting filler...it lasts me 8 mos to a year, for me thats really good ,other people it may last a lot longer.Thats the first time I heard about resty not being effective if you have a blood disorder I had never heardthat before.I know with al these fillers some people only get a month out of them and some people will get over a year, you just have to try it once and see if it works for you.....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mine does last longer than advertised but I take HA supplements and drink lots of water, don't know if that helps anything. My doc is a platinum level injector so I feel he knows what he is doing but I can see how injecting it in the wrong dermis could make a difference in some cases or just in how the results turn out. When my doc was out of town his PA did my resty one time and it was lumpier and I bruised more. I know that she really pressed and squeezed on some areas and that broke some caps and left horrible bruising in those areas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Reading more on the artefill page, it says you should tell the Doc if you are receiving UV light therapy.

That would include us that have laser treatments or fraxel (i have my lasers every 3 months).
I wonder what this would do....
melt it or something????
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Radiesse is a good option, especially for nasolabial folds. If I were getting mine done, that's what I would opt for.

Isn't Sculptra made from cadavers?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
no, but there is one filler that is from cadavers, I think its alloderm.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |