Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

That's it! I've been sending out my resumés!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after the latest run in with my boss - I was at a trade show and he sent me an email about my sales people saying I don't respond fast enough (BS and filtering through one guy who's speaking on supposedly "everyone's" behalf), I've decided to seek employment elsewhere! I met some old colleagues while at the show and one gent has been following up with me. We spoke this afternoon and he is putting me in contact with a lot of other companies/colleagues of his so I'm mighty happy. He echoed my belief that I am wasting my considerable talent as a technical sales engineer and he said he simply could not believe that I wasn't in a sales role given my presence and personality! That was so nice to hear after years of being told I can't move out of my current position. I've been doing it for 7.5 years and I'm sick to death of the job. It's a sad commentary but the head of our department likes to keep everyone in the same place so we can continue to keep him successful. There are zero career path opportunities even though my boss just got a promotion (they used to be college roommates). Anyway, wish me luck! I'm off to a new adventure in the very near future! Yay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
You Go Girl!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
You deserve the best! Go for it!!!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Best of luck!!! Smile
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I say go for it.It's awful to go to work and hate your job.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Looking forward to your good news soon! Wish you the best.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Best of luck. Looking forward to hearing about the awesome job you landed.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, ladies! I will let everyone know how it all turns out. My middle names are risk and adventure so I'm rather surprised it's taken me this long to really do something. It feels great to finally get the ball rolling!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
I'm an IT professional, and Scally, I have to say...judging from your video presentations, and explicit directions on TCA peels, plus other info you've provided...your skills as a technical sales engineer must be stellar!

You are obviously under-appreciated in your current job. Time to spread your wings and fly, woman!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck and I hope you land the perfect job!
Can't wait to hear the good news Very Happy
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Best of luck to you Scally!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Best of luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck scally!! I can't wait to hear more when you decide where to move to next - I'm in a real career rut myself right now and could use some inspiration Sad. Good for you having the oomph to get out there and go for it!
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Scallywaggirl, it's great that you've had that moment of realisation, when you know you're better than this! It happened to me years ago. I worked as a manageress for a branch within a chain of shops. I was a consciencious and hard working employee, and my shop did so well that I was moved to another shop that was not doing well. Within a week, I discovered why. Three members of staff were fiddling left right and centre. I discovered how they were doing it and spent hours after finishing work, going through till receipts, and various paperwork to find out how much had been stolen. When I had finished working it all out, I contacted the area manager, and went through it all with her. It was decided that I should be the one to confront and sack the employees concerned, which as you can imagine was not pleasant, and also left me with only one part-time worker to cover a shop open 12 hours a day, seven days a week! I didn't know if I was coming or going, and bear in mind I also had a husband and three children at home to look after at that time. It was a nightmare for a week or two until I managed to hire more staff. The final straw for me, came when I next saw the area manager, who told me that the managing director had sent HER a big bouquet of flowers and given her a pay rise for being so clever as to send me to that branch to sort it out! I was speechless with rage. I never even got so much as a thankyou from him. That day, I knew I was better than the lot of them and decided to say B****s to them all, and within a month I had opened my own shop which did very well for years, until I had to sell up due to family pressures. So, I hope you do very well in the future and the very best of luck to you. It's THIER loss, not your's. By the way, that chain of shops went bust a year after I left!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Everyone, I feel really touched by your kind-hearted thoughts and comments. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and giving me further confirmation that I'm making the right decision.

Things will definitely be in turmoil when I leave and it will get worse because another colleague is also on the verge. That will put the entire east coast and federal without coverage so...but that's not my worry any longer. I feel really good that I will find the right position so keep your fingers crossed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
My fingers are crossed for you. Scally, you have great clarity and communication skills and obviously a talent for absorbing complex information and passing it on in an easy to understand way. Plus of course you are very likeable and appear to have a cool head and fairmindedness.
These qualities are apparent just from your posts here, so my guess is people in your field will be happy to snap you up once you are available.
It's funny how one can be stagnant for a long while then suddenly wake up and shift, isnt it. I suppose we all need our various kinds of hibernation.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Good luck Exclamation
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Good luck Scally!
Life is too short to work at a job you hate- I left a job that I thought I loved at first- but there was no room for development or progression. I found a different job, and am happy to come to work everyday.
Good luck!
CG
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure you'll do well. Best of luck, and any company hiring you should consider themselves very lucky!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tricia, you go girl. I'm glad you're leaving this job. You'll find a much better job somewhere else. You're a smart woman and very energetic. No need to stay in a place that will keep you doing the same thing with no possible advancement. We are all rooting for you here. Very Happy Go Tricia. You rock! Dancing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Scally I think you can do anything you put your mind to. Good hunting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, I think you are way ahead of the game in mental organization and confidence (and if your field is related to beauty or skin care, you have vast knowledge).
Keep getting yourself and your resume out there, and good luck with this!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl, that's EXACTLY the situation at my job. I used to love it and we had fun - now, it's just dumping more and more with absolutely no career path. They even made it impossible for us to obtain President's Club (reward trip/recognition for sales) even though we made our numbers (they changed the rules so only the top 25% can go even though our team operates extremely lean - meaning we pull in 40% of the revenue with about half the amount of people). What this equates to is that the other team has a whole slew "in the top 25%" while we get a few pittance slots. It's maddening. Of course, my boss always, always goes (as does his boss) and he just got a promotion while we all languish in our crap positions. The other thing is that WE are the ones really selling because our sales reps are largely clueless. It is definitely time for me to move on.

Alibabka, I only wish it was beauty-related. I'm in a technical presales position so I'm the techno-geek that explains everything and how it fits into a firm's initiative plan...blah, blah, blah. I've been told too many times over the years that I either should be in sales or people assume I already am. I'm just going to operate on this and pursue something either as a sales rep or product evangelist. We shall see.

I do know that I have to do something ASAP as I'm beginning to get really apathetic and I don't want any negativity associated with my departure; however, it will not be a grand surprise to my boss. He's known for a long time that I've not been happy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Scally you've made the right decision and I only hope you find something better soon - there's nothing sweeter than leaving a**hole employers in the lurch Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |