Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunscreen fit for MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm about to enter a dental hygiene program where im gonna have to obviously wear a mask. I use mineral makeup and have sensitive skin so does anyone know if theres a well formulated sunscreen i could try that won't leave a white cast or be too gunky for me to work with?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love Sofina Perfect UV Lucent SPF 50. I've just started using it but it is soo light and matte and makes for an excellent MMU makeup base. Not pore-clogging and doesn't make my oily skin any oilier.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try the Sofina - but my two favs for now are Anthelios Fluide Extreme & Neutrogena Dry Touch. Both work well under my MMU.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sofina might be a bit too drying for you. I find it extremely drying...

DDF Organic Sunscreen is really nice.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you know if these sunscreens degrade when mixed with MMU? I know before when i was using this forum more often that was a very sensitive topic. I'd hate to spend the money and have it not work efficiently.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I can just tell you my experience - I am very, very fair & burn easily. Using the Anthelios or Neutrogena with my MMU, I haven't had any COLOR, let alone a burn, in years. And I'm often told that I look 10 years younger than my real age of 45. So I can only assume that the sunscreens are doing their job. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
Do any of you know if these sunscreens degrade when mixed with MMU? I know before when i was using this forum more often that was a very sensitive topic. I'd hate to spend the money and have it not work efficiently.

Hi Purpleturtle, I don't think it's a sensitive topic these days just a bit repetetetative so here goes...

Sofina's fine with MMU.

It's ones that use *Avobenzone* that conflict with minerals.

Unfortunately avobenzone is used as a supporting SS in products where you might not expect it because their main ingredient is something else like Mexoryl. I'm afraid Anthelios is one of those, Bioderma would be another. Neutrogena is based on Avobenzone (also called butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane & Parsol 1789).

I'd personally recommend either physical screens or Avene high protection (Tinosorb based) if your skin's sensitive - fine with MMU.

Sorry don't want to be an SS bore - I'm out of here........... Wink
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Ive been naughty lately and applying MMU over Bioderma AKN Spray ShockI know i shouldnt.

Im planning on trying another Avene sunscreen soon...just havent decided which one yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
they should make a sun protector powder can be sprayed after mmu's Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
I can just tell you my experience - I am very, very fair & burn easily. Using the Anthelios or Neutrogena with my MMU, I haven't had any COLOR, let alone a burn, in years. And I'm often told that I look 10 years younger than my real age of 45. So I can only assume that the sunscreens are doing their job. Wink

Kim do you think the reason you havent burnt is because the other sunscreen ingrediants are still effective? So when the avo degrades, there's still active sunscreens protecting your skin? I havent burnt either when applying MMU over my Bioderma, I just worry about any nasty free radicals Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, I use an antioxidant daily. And my MMU contains both titanium dioxide & zinc oxide, as does my primer. So I feel I'm getting plenty of sun protection (as is evidenced by the condition of my skin as far as aging, etc. - and by the fact that I'm not burning). I don't rely solely on the sunscreen to provide my protection.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |