Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Shave Minimizing Lotions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Anyone try them & like them? I've been testing out a few on the (North American) market, and they really have helped decrease the frequency of shaving my legs. Tried: Jergens, Suave, and now St. Ives. I liked the Suave one the best for the price point (and smell), but I bought this in the States, and Suave doesn't sell this in Canada Sad The St. Ives product is a good buy for the money, and I've seen it sometimes on sale for about $2. Jergens: why both paying more for it or the Aveeno brand, when you can get more for you money with the others?

Note: I use the product daily, and even during the warm summer months, do not find them greasy or heavy. I'm sold! Exclamation

Shhh Pssst! If any of you in the States wanna mail me some Suave, you'll be forever loved. LOL! (kidding, you don't have to mail me any)
Mabsy

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about trying them - and you've just helped convince me Laughing How noticeable is the difference? Does the hair grow back any softer?

Johnson&Johnson has come out with a new one in Australia just a few weeks ago so I might give that a go Smile

So Suave here either Confused
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I tried one from Aveeno last summer and it didn't do a thing! Neutral
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
The only one I've found to work was a light spray by King of Shaves. It has papaya enzyme in it that is supposed to break down keratin or something, on a side note the eczema I had round my ankle for the past 5 years cleared up while using this when nothing else had helped.
Mabsy

Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I looked for the King of Shaves stuff but we don't have it here Sad I ended up buying the Johnson&Johnson one. It's quite nice but I can't tell you anything about its effectiveness as yet. I don't feel like waxing my legs this week though so I'm just going to shave them tonight. That way I should be able to tell if the hair grows back softer at least. In about a week or so I might report on the actual effectiveness of the slowing hair growth part.

Mabsy
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Aveeno one too. It didn't do anything except break me out. It gave me red splotches. It was oil free, but I think it was the fragrance...it had a very strong citrus smell. You have to watch products that have orange, lemon, or coriander essential oils/extracts in them when you are in the sun. They are photo-reactive, and coriander is photo-toxic!
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:10 am      Reply with quote
RoC has a Shave Minimizing Lotion, Soya base stuff. Uhmmmmm anyone tried Kalo?

Medusa
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I tried the St Ives one (very cheap in comparison) and it hasn't really done much at all. But I have got very thick hairs on my legs (mmm so nice Sad ) and also i am not very consistent.

How long before any of you noticed the difference? I might try the Jergens one, I've seen it here in the UK.
Caspers Mum

Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ummmm ... I probably started noticing more results after about seven weeks. Typical with any product use.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:26 am      Reply with quote
For King of Shaves

http://www.shave.com/

I'm currently using the Jurgens one, I've not noticed any improvement. I'll finish the bottle and see. I bought it because they stopped having the KoS spray in Boots then I found the website Rolling Eyes

I'm waiting for an avon minimising lotion it was 2 for 1 so I had to try.
Tikafo

Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Jergens, and am now using Suave. Suave is really cheap (paid only $2.39 at Target) and I also like it's smell and the way it goes on. But I couldn't find it again and it's almost used up...I picked up the next cheapest I could find, which was a CVS store brand that compares itself to Jergens. It's a couple bucks more expensive than Suave though.

Both my sister and I have been using these hair reduction products on our legs and both of us think they work. I do seem to notice that the hair grows back finer and not so prickly - it's not so horrifying to rub my legs together when I have stubble!
I have really thick, dark hair though - so although it does reduce my shaving time, that means I get regrowth in 2-3 days instead of in 24 hours. But I was pretty surprised to notice that! THey claim the more you use it, the less you'll need to shave, so I'm curious to see.

Also, being 40+ and of mediterranean descent, I get dark facial hair. I've been rubbing it on my upper lip and chin before bed. I noticed a company recently came out with a facial hair reduction lotion, but figure it can't be much different than this inexpensive product...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |