Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
ykl--i don't think cleansing oil causes acne. in fact, i think it can do quite the opposite. it helps loosen the plugs in your skin when u massage it in and for me, it is the number 1 makeup remover that nothing else can compare to.

i do believe many people who break out from using cleansing oils don't use a secondary cleanser. i know DHC recommends a second cleanser as there can be leftover residue from the cleansing oil that may contribute to breakouts. i, myself, started out with DHC cleansing oil (which i still use since i bought it in bulk practically), and a second cleanser but have found that i don't need secondary cleansing but some may.

i actually don't mind the smell of DHC. I have been using it for years though and i have also tried almost all their products, nothing has been devastating and if i haven't the switch to more natural products, i would probably still be using DHC.

i did a review on the GoW cleansing oil a while back and do like it better than DHC for the price and it is more pure as TAMgirl says. i use sunscreen on my neck and chest so i use a lot of cleansing oil, but will completely switch to GoW once my last DHC bottle runs out.

TAMgirl--have you gotten around to using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
ykl--i don't think cleansing oil causes acne. in fact, i think it can do quite the opposite. it helps loosen the plugs in your skin when u massage it in and for me, it is the number 1 makeup remover that nothing else can compare to.

i do believe many people who break out from using cleansing oils don't use a secondary cleanser. i know DHC recommends a second cleanser as there can be leftover residue from the cleansing oil that may contribute to breakouts. i, myself, started out with DHC cleansing oil (which i still use since i bought it in bulk practically), and a second cleanser but have found that i don't need secondary cleansing but some may.

i actually don't mind the smell of DHC. I have been using it for years though and i have also tried almost all their products, nothing has been devastating and if i haven't the switch to more natural products, i would probably still be using DHC.

i did a review on the GoW cleansing oil a while back and do like it better than DHC for the price and it is more pure as TAMgirl says. i use sunscreen on my neck and chest so i use a lot of cleansing oil, but will completely switch to GoW once my last DHC bottle runs out.

TAMgirl--have you gotten around to using it?

Do you find GoW's cleansing oil leaves a film on your face? I tried the cleansing oil sample pack. While they removed makeup very well, they're very thick and difficult to spread. Plus they all left films on my face. When I followed with another cleanser (a very gentle one), my skin got very dry and taut. If I didn't, I had to wait for 5 minutes for the oil from the film to sink into my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
While I was allergic to this product as well.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:

Do you find GoW's cleansing oil leaves a film on your face? I tried the cleansing oil sample pack. While they removed makeup very well, they're very thick and difficult to spread. Plus they all left films on my face. When I followed with another cleanser (a very gentle one), my skin got very dry and taut. If I didn't, I had to wait for 5 minutes for the oil from the film to sink into my skin.

I did not find either cleansing oil to leave a film on my face. I can skip a second cleansing and be perfectly fine. I haven't tried the cleansing oil pack yet, i only had the trial version of the GoW cleansing oil. i know the trial pack has many different versions. I would ask her what is the main oils in each version and perhaps she can send you a sample of one using an even lighter carrier oil.

Have you used cleansing oils before? they don't leave skin with that squeaky clean feeling that other surfactant based cleansers will.

HTH, K

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I did not find either cleansing oil to leave a film on my face. I can skip a second cleansing and be perfectly fine. I haven't tried the cleansing oil pack yet, i only had the trial version of the GoW cleansing oil. i know the trial pack has many different versions. I would ask her what is the main oils in each version and perhaps she can send you a sample of one using an even lighter carrier oil.

Have you used cleansing oils before? they don't leave skin with that squeaky clean feeling that other surfactant based cleansers will.

HTH, K

I used cleansing oils for over 8 years before I switched to Eve Lom Cleanser which is a cleansing balm and is based on OCM method. I've tried so many commercial cleansing oils which all emulsified and rinsed squeaky clean. I have dry skin and I'm not breakout prone at all. GoW's cleansing oil was the first cleansing oil I used that didn't emulsify. I find that no matter how hot the water I used or how many times I wiped my face with a muslin cloth, I could still feel a film on my skin. It didn't really bother me, just felt strange as I wasn't used to it. The oil from the film absorbs fully into my skin within 5 minutes anyway. I tried the cleansing oil sample pack which came with 4 different cleansing oils.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a problem with "cleansing oil causes acne. I've been using DHC cleansing oil for 2 years, which I think it works good on me, remove make up very well. I use it and follow with my cleaning lotion, and I like the smell too.
thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil as well. I use it to remove make up which I wipe off with the gentle no fragrance baby wipes (really great at getting the mascara off)...then follow up with my own OCM mixture which I remove with a warm wash cloth. This has totally turned my oily skin around!!!
DHC has the Whipped Cleansing Oil on sale thru 06/30/07...I'm ordering some...can't wait to get it Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
meggiequn wrote:
While I was allergic to this product as well.

Which product? I'm getting confused. It seems this thread is no longer about DHC Cleansing Oil.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well, when I used it last summer, I got severe breakout. So girls with oily or acne prone skin should be cautious when using it.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
DHC deep cleansing oil is apparently the most purchased cleansing oil in Japan. I do hear that you can break out from it. I am currently using the Shiseido ultimate cleansing oil, which is quite popular too. I used to be obsessed with Dermalogica precleanse, but after using the shiseido one, I realize how thick the precleanse is Sad

I don't think cleansing oil is supposed to break you out. If it does, you're probably allergic to one of the ingredient rather than the oil cloggin your pores. I broke out on oil cleansers before and realized that the mistake was massaging it for too long, for me anyway. My face is combo and when i use an oil for more than 5 minutes, the oil actually stop removing dirt and start getting into my pores and clog them up Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
DHC deep cleansing oil is apparently the most purchased cleansing oil in Japan. I do hear that you can break out from it. I am currently using the Shiseido ultimate cleansing oil, which is quite popular too. I used to be obsessed with Dermalogica precleanse, but after using the shiseido one, I realize how thick the precleanse is Sad

I don't think cleansing oil is supposed to break you out. If it does, you're probably allergic to one of the ingredient rather than the oil cloggin your pores. I broke out on oil cleansers before and realized that the mistake was massaging it for too long, for me anyway. My face is combo and when i use an oil for more than 5 minutes, the oil actually stop removing dirt and start getting into my pores and clog them up Sad

Think you have a point, right, don't massage too long.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
What does DHC stand for? Can someone post their website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Here you go, Frodo:

New to DHC page:
http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/AboutDHC/NewtoDHC.aspx
Otherwise, go towww.dhccare.com

Don't know what the DHC stands for but the company home is in Japan.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used the cleansing oil but hated the bottle and it stung around my eyes.

I really liked how it cleaned and did not break out with it. So, I tried the whip cleansing oil, figuring it would be less mess. It rocks!! I just squirt a bit into my hand, swirl it around and apply to my face. I know they say you should use another cleanser but I usually just use an exfoliator. I follow with squalane and a moisturizer.

The whip cleansing oil has worked really well for me.

Deb
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I use one bottle of DHC and it break me out. Now, I use Fancl oil instead. It's the same result and lower price than DHC
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the DHC but I do have the Shu Uemura cleansing oil. I find I can't use it everyday or I'll break out, but it's nice to have on hand when my skins feels like it needs extra thorough cleansing.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
ykl wrote:
Don't use cleasing oil. Many articles say it will cause ances. And I have used two bottles DHC cleasing oil. the cleansing effect is good. but it made me have ances. So I changed to use neutrogena deep cleansing milk, it is good and gentle. it works well on my sensitive skin. Razz

I think it's depend.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I had been getting samples of this cleansing oil for about two years and never used it. I went away and packed them (small, convenient) - figured it was time. I was always skeptical...oil on my face! But I love the product. I got on MUA and was recommended to try Laventine which I did and was not impressed at all. Back to DHC for me. I have oily skin.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
I use one bottle of DHC and it break me out. Now, I use Fancl oil instead. It's the same result and lower price than DHC

I have seen several reviews said that Fancl cleansing oil would not cause break out, but still I am now too afraid of breakout to try cleasing oil again. I just use decleor cleasing milk as makeup remover.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
How does DHC cleansing oils and other brands differ from homemade cleansing oils?

Im pretty new to OCM but right now Im using Burts Bees orange essence cleanser which I like and I was thinking of making my own cleansing oil with olive oil and jojoba oil.

Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been using DHC oil for about a year and a half. I love it. I have somewhat dry skin and don't really notice any drying with it. I do use tons of other products though. The only product I ever had real problems with was the Extra Concentrate. It gave me a rash. I've now switched back to Estee Lauder Re-nutriv line, but I think I may have bought a bill of goods. Anyone else used Re-nutriv?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yeahyeah,

DHC has an rinse off ingredient, the peg-7. i think most DIY cleansing oils don't include this ingredient, but it's easily added.

Kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kristen

What is the peg-7? And how does it benefit the skin?

Thanks!
YY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, peg-7 olivate just makes the oil cleanser rinsable so you don't technically need a second cleanser but some people like to follow up with one if are acne proned.

i personally don't follow up with a second cleanser since my skin feels clean enough with the DHC cleansing oil. i only use a secondary cleanser when i use a plain carrier oil in place of the cleansing oil.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
I used the cleansing oil but hated the bottle and it stung around my eyes.

I really liked how it cleaned and did not break out with it. So, I tried the whip cleansing oil, figuring it would be less mess. It rocks!! I just squirt a bit into my hand, swirl it around and apply to my face. I know they say you should use another cleanser but I usually just use an exfoliator. I follow with squalane and a moisturizer.

The whip cleansing oil has worked really well for me.

Deb

I've been using the DHC Whip cleansing oil for about a year and I love it. It's the only thing that removes all my makeup with the least effort. The fact that it's whipped makes it so much easier to dispense in my hand and apply. I tried Shu Uemura's cleansing oil but it hardly rinsed off. I loved the scent of it, though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |