Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
WOW - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I hate this Cleansing Oil because it is easy to cause zit. In contrast, I prefer to use Cleanser.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
chenhui wrote:
I hate this Cleansing Oil because it is easy to cause zit. In contrast, I prefer to use Cleanser.

It seems to be the case either you love it or hate it. I love it for traveling if I don't drag my own oil blend that I make. But then I don't have issues with breaking out. Smile

DM

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I have used the DHC oil- but found it to be most effective for removing eye make up-especially waterproof mascara. Then I follow with a moisturizing cleanser to remove the oil.
Since I found the DHC oil rather expensive- I tried a bottle of Jojoba oil from Trader Joe's and it removes the makeup just as well. I then wash it off to remove the makeup- and re apply the oil as a moisturizer. Jojoba does it all! No smell, no breakouts, and much lower cost! It's great all over my body- I even use it on my hair.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Agree, I just have their travel/trial kit for use while flying somewhere, other than that I use a blend of EVOO and Castor Oil that suits my skin for cleansing. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting idea about using any oil to cleanse your face. The Trader Joes jojoba oil is probably a lot cheaper than the DHC one. Thanks for the tip.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Interesting idea about using any oil to cleanse your face. The Trader Joes jojoba oil is probably a lot cheaper than the DHC one. Thanks for the tip.

You might enjoy this link about OCM (oil cleansing method) it's long but loaded with information and user's experiences. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. It makes me breakout! I prefer Fancl cleansing oil.
Lishmay

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I also tried the free sample in the mail and was amazed at how good my skin felt. I didn't follow with any other product, and I didn't break out, but I only used it for 2 days. I've been debating getting a full size, or trying a Shu.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lishmay wrote:
I also tried the free sample in the mail and was amazed at how good my skin felt. I didn't follow with any other product, and I didn't break out, but I only used it for 2 days. I've been debating getting a full size, or trying a Shu.

If I didn't just use my own oil blend, I would definitely use the DHC, I have purchased the small travel set and really like the cleansing oil very much. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am still loving the DHC; have repurchased many times. I keep getting tempted to stray when I see posts on various boards saying other cleansing oils are "better", but those are 2-3 times the price of DHC. So I console myself by saying that I'm happy enough with DHC and saving $ too. Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I am still loving the DHC; have repurchased many times. I keep getting tempted to stray when I see posts on various boards saying other cleansing oils are "better", but those are 2-3 times the price of DHC. So I console myself by saying that I'm happy enough with DHC and saving $ too. Wink

It's great when they have it on the monthly special and you get 2 for about the price of one Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I get their e-mails and don't remember ever seeing a 2-for-1 on that! Maybe I was so well-stocked already I didn't pay attention. Embarassed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Wow, I get their e-mails and don't remember ever seeing a 2-for-1 on that! Maybe I was so well-stocked already I didn't pay attention. Embarassed

I used to see it in the catalog, they always had a 2 page spread featuring the specials for that month. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like Shu Uemura's cleansing oils. Used properly, they leave my face very smooth (as opposed to the bumps from whiteheads you can feel when you run your fingers across your face). And they have a few different colors, scents and textures. You could take your pick Smile

Never tempted to try DHC's cleansing oil as the bottle and normal yellow color is kind of boring for me.

Recently came across a Korean brand SK Cara's Rose Cleansing Oil which has rose petals in the oil. *loves*
sucencen
5% products discount

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like it very much,i like most of the DHC products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
sucencen wrote:
I like it very much,i like most of the DHC products.

Agree, It's a nice brand and reasonably priced. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
The DHC Cleansing Oil was one of the WORST products I have ever used. I have never had really sensitive skin but this product made my skin erupt with a big red rash on my cheeks and jawline. It seems that the actual oil in this product dis not agree with my skin. I went back to using my Cetaphil straightaway and it cleared up.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Nelly4 wrote:
The DHC Cleansing Oil was one of the WORST products I have ever used. I have never had really sensitive skin but this product made my skin erupt with a big red rash on my cheeks and jawline. It seems that the actual oil in this product dis not agree with my skin. I went back to using my Cetaphil straightaway and it cleared up.

I wonder if it's the oil or their foaming agent, do you have problems with olive oil? If I am not mistaken that's the oil that's in the product. Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
After looking at the ingredient list I wonder if it's the Rosemary Essential Oil that you may be sensitive to?

Ingredients: Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Oil.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=300&Catalog=DHC+USA&Kwrd=DeepCleansingOil&OrgID=1&gclid=CP6W-uiVp6ECFVhJ2godtCbiDg

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I really like DHC Cleansing Oil but it tends to leave my skin a little on the dry side, especially if I am using strong exfoliators like tretinoin or AHA/BHA. So I use olive oil and emulsifier to make my own custom cleansing oil I can vary the proportion of the emulsifier according to my skin condition. The emulsifier is the ingredient that helps the oil to rinse off with water.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like DHC cleansing oil (samples only - I keep them for travel). At home I use a 60/40 castor oil/jojoba oil blend - put this in a decorative dispenser by my master bath sink.
When anyone uses that bath they think it is a soap dispenser and asks what is wrong with my soap. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I really like DHC Cleansing Oil but it tends to leave my skin a little on the dry side, especially if I am using strong exfoliators like tretinoin or AHA/BHA. So I use olive oil and emulsifier to make my own custom cleansing oil I can vary the proportion of the emulsifier according to my skin condition. The emulsifier is the ingredient that helps the oil to rinse off with water.

I think it's because they expect you to use the whole line which has the Virgin Olive Oil as a moisturiser after the cleansing oil and toner. I use a 50/50 blend of homemade olive oil and castor oil but I have really normal skin, don't break out or dry out. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I like DHC cleansing oil (samples only - I keep them for travel). At home I use a 60/40 castor oil/jojoba oil blend - put this in a decorative dispenser by my master bath sink.
When anyone uses that bath they think it is a soap dispenser and asks what is wrong with my soap. Laughing

LOL that's funny Bad Grin

I use jojoba or olive oil to castor oil ratio of 9 to 1 (ie castor oil only 10 percent). My skin is happy with that. Higher percentage of castor oil would dry out my skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
It is funny how everyone has to find that perfect blend when using Castor oil! I have no problems with 50% and have really normal skin, yet it can be too drying for some even with oily skin! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
After looking at the ingredient list I wonder if it's the Rosemary Essential Oil that you may be sensitive to?

Ingredients: Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Oil.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=300&Catalog=DHC+USA&Kwrd=DeepCleansingOil&OrgID=1&gclid=CP6W-uiVp6ECFVhJ2godtCbiDg

I'm not sure what I was allergic to but it was eitehr the olive oil or the Rosemary oil. I remember that my skin reacted similar to this when I used a Decleor product (I can't remember which one it was as it was a sample) but it has put me off the "natural" way of skincare. I'm currently using a combination of Sothys and Dermalogica and find that its working for me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |