Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

do you smudge eyeliner on your lower lid or do you leave ..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
it drawn in a line? just wondered if you do smudge it, how do you do it, without it looking messy? thanks for any tips
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't really smudge my eyeliner but apply a smokey eyeshadow over my eyeliner. For smudging you can use a foam applicator to smudge.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Lisey. I don't "smudge" my liner. I just apply a little shadow on top. It mitigates the harsh line look, provides staying power and helps keep the unwanted smudges away.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I line the inside rim of the bottom lid. Then line the outside rim close to the lashes, and smudge over that line with eyeshadow slightly lighter in color. Gives a nice smokey eye.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
I line the inside rim of the bottom lid. Then line the outside rim close to the lashes, and smudge over that line with eyeshadow slightly lighter in color. Gives a nice smokey eye.

What do you use to do that with?? Does it stay put during the day?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
thanks for tips ladies! any nice dark brown colors to work with?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't smudge generally but I do when I do a smokey eye - usually I smudge the outer corner (outer V). I use my MAC 219 to do it.
shimmie*
5% products discount

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a smudger although the eyeliner I use everyday (YSL long-lasting eyeliner #7) doesn't need smudging, I love it. I draw it on my lash line.

Evenings though I use black along the lashes and use a rubber'tip brush to smudge, then use a fine eyeshadow brush to blend furhter with eyeshadow colour that complements my outfit (normally neutral colours).
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
i smudge the lower lid with a q-tip so the line doesn't look too harsh
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I do the same as displaced... just the liner and then use a Qtip to smudge it abit... and also to "join" the line when I use 2 liners...
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Shimmie, I've never heard of a rubber-tipped brush? Can you elaborate? I wae glasses and so if I smuge too much you can't see anything, but I use lighter browns-mmu.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
If you try Smashbox or Bobbi Brown eyeliners that come with a brush they give you either a sharp line for sophisticated looks, or you can softly smudge with the brush. There was some great threads on a smokey eye some weeks back. I use the tip I read there of smudging with a vertical motion. Really does work! I am too busy (read lazy) to find the thread but try searching "smokey eye"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I apply liner on my lower lash line (and upper too). I smudge it with my finger. I would prefer to use a q-tip, but I inevitably end up with a thread of cotton in my eye that drives me crazy until [if] I can get it out. But I will use q-tip if the smudge line gets too thick.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just afraid of looking messy, so I don't smudge eyeliner my lower lid.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Pachouli wrote:

What do you use to do that with?? Does it stay put during the day?

I use pencils to line, in a darker but similar shade than the shadow that I smudge over with. On the bottom rim, I apply the shadow over the outer line only using a small eyeliner blush with a rounded tip. I also lightly go over the line on the top rim.

Quote:
If you try Smashbox or Bobbi Brown eyeliners that come with a brush they give you either a sharp line for sophisticated looks, or you can softly smudge with the brush.

I think those Smashbox cream liners are just awful.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |