Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Using copper peptides on a thinning hairline...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LisainMN

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if anyone has had success with using copper peptides on a thinning frontal hairline? If so, what specific Skin Biology or other products did you use?

Beyond cp's, any other tips for a thinning hairline? (Bangs, sides, etc).

Hopefully this is the right forum to post in, wasn't sure.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
My husband is alternating Folligen CP spray followed with emu oil with the SAS KGF serum on alternate nights. He also uses Minoxidil daily. I also alternate Folligen/emu oil with SAS KGF just to try and make my hair grow faster & look better. (According to Pickart there is published research on emu oil and hair growth.)
After reading this forum and the SAS mb, I now also now use a DIY SLS-free shampoo formulated w/ coconut endosperm and SKB for nourishment, and use SKB mixed with coc. end. as a leave-in conditioner. My results have been fantastic and my hair is better than ever.
If your sides are thinning, I suggest the clip-in Remy hair from Sally Beauty. There are thin-strands included which would be just perfect for adding fullness to the sides.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying out all sorts of stuff for years, with no luck. However, my current routine does appear to be getting results at last.

I'm using 50/50 emu oil and SKB, with added soy isoflavones and coconut endosperm, as an overnight scalp serum/treatment. After shampooing/conditioning, applying SKB straight to hair and rubbing into scalp and leaving in. Have been using SLS free shampoos for around 10 months, which also seems to help (with added ACV in the hope it stops my colour from fading)

Really I think it's the serum and the leave-in SKB that's made the difference. I'm also taking HA/MSM caps, not sure if this is helping though, although some swear by it.

Prior to using the above serum, I had been using straight emu oil overnight for a year or two, which seemed to help a "bit" but I think my current routine is finally working for me...touch wood
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
SKB

what is this, please?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
Quote:
SKB

what is this, please?

sea kelp bioferment. If you do a search on it you can find out all about it!
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Wondering if anyone has more info/updates of the effectiveness of copper/Folligen from SkinBio on hair growth.
Or Tricomin (a different copper product) Therapy Spray on growing/thickening hair.
Thanks.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Wondering if anyone has more info/updates of the effectiveness of copper/Folligen from SkinBio on hair growth.
Or Tricomin (a different copper product) Therapy Spray on growing/thickening hair.
Thanks.

I was going to order some for my DH, so I asked him to take a look of its web info. The first question he asked is: how come the doctor who invented the system appears on the site is bald ?!? Laughing That doesn't exactly give me much faith in the product, does it?
I am really hoping someone who has used this could provide some feedback here.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

I was going to order some for my DH, so I asked him to take a look of its web info. The first question he asked is: how come the doctor who invented the system appears on the site is bald ?!? Laughing That doesn't exactly give me much faith in the product, does it?

ROFL Laughing
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
jakee wrote:
Thanks.

because he is a MARTYR and used all the noisome copper products on his own poor head before he unleashed the ones that really worked on us, the dear public... come ON you guys!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I used the CPs from SkinBio but never tried it on my hair. It sounds like a good idea though, I will probably get another bottle and see how it goes.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Anyone using SKB Folligen scalp treatment? With results?

Funny about bald Pickart. Possible that he didn't care about being bald? Or it might help some people even if he's not one of them?

Or it's just more snake oil?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Anyone using SKB Folligen scalp treatment? With results?

Funny about bald Pickart. Possible that he didn't care about being bald? Or it might help some people even if he's not one of them?

Or it's just more snake oil?

I sent the company a email ask some general questions, like how long should one expect to see results and if there is any money guarantee about the hair treatment and I got no reply. I should have emailed to ask why Dr. Pichart himself is bald.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Do any skincare companies give money back guarantees?
They'd all go out of business!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Do any skincare companies give money back guarantees?
They'd all go out of business!

I beg to differ: a lot of infomercials selling skin care products we seen offer 30-day (or longer)money back guarantee, so are some distributors such as TSC which has 30-day money back policy. Sephora is another example that if you are not absolute satisfied with your purchase they don't give you hard time for taking it back. It's not an unusual practise, especially for products that yet to establish a track record.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I posted this review of Jan Marini Age Intervention Hair Conditioner in another forum. My hair is thicker and shiner after 5 months:

I have been using this product for 5 months. I decided to try it after using the lash serum because the lash serum worked so well. I had lost hair at my crown (could see scalp in front) due to stress and aging. I'm 48 and my hair is medium length, fine and straight. I noticed the scalp fill in at about 2 months and now after 5 months my hair is so much thicker and fuller -- it even has a natural wave to it that was never there. I can't believe it's my hair. It styles so much more easily and holds the style. I still have half the bottle. I use it every other day. I will surely repurchase. Well worth the investment.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that another poster said they had a lot of new growth along their hairline using the JM product.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Abbey, that's great news! I was hesitant to purchase that hair growth product due to the cost, but you've just talked me into it! Thanks for a wonderful and informative review
!
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome lefemme. It's always great to find a product that works.

The JM makes your hair kind of stiff so I put it on at night after wetting my hair in the shower and then shampoo out in the a.m. They recommend spraying directly onto your hair and scalp but I squirt 4 or 5 sprays into my hand, get it onto my fingertips and massage in into my scalp. That way I get less on my hair and more directly on the scalp.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Abbey2"]You're welcome lefemme. It's always great to find a product that works.

The JM makes your hair kind of stiff so I put it on at night after wetting my hair in the shower and then shampoo out in the a.m. They recommend spraying directly onto your hair and scalp but I squirt 4 or 5 sprays into my hand, get it onto my fingertips and massage in into my scalp. That way I get less on my hair and more directly on the scalp.[/quote]

Does that mean you leave the conditioner on overnight? Would that keep your hair kind of wet when you sleep?
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
The product does not keep your hair wet. You put very little directly onto your scalp.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a product called Folligen years ago (sold at Nordstrom's but not SkinBio product). That didn't work at all.

I also used womens Rogaine and mens foam for 5 months ... nothing.

Right now I use a mix of things:

1. Carekate's hair growth toner. I use a dropper and rub in with my fingertips twice a day.

2. SkinActives Hair growth serum. My first bottle was fantastic but now they sell a pre-mixed version and I just don't have as great results.

3. Mixed with a little more skb, coconut endosperm and a couple of other rec's from the SkinActives forum.

4. Once a week I use Carekate's hair growth oil treatment mixed with vitamin E oil and Flax seed oil.

I just ordered the shampoo and toner from arishomespa.com and have high hopes for these.

What actually worked nicely for less shed (not growing hair) was a leave-in from Kerastase and the shampoo. It has sulfates, but my hair doesn't shed as much when shampooing.

Someone mentioned rubbing salt on your scalp and leaving for 5 minutes before shampoo/conditioning. I tried that over the weekend and my hair did feel great.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |