Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

life after false nails
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
Nailtiques #2 formula...AWESOME Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

this is hands down the best nail product you will [b]ever[b/] use!! i have tried nearly everything.. elizabeth arden, nail envy, rimmel, revlon, l'oreal, sally hansen... and this is the only thing that has made my nails grow and stay strong. literally a miracle product. if only all beauty items could work this well!
donnadear

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
the product that works for me is Rejuvacote.
Claudiaflor

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, my name is Claudia. And I want to talk to you guys about YsNailS....
what I've done with their product, it's awesome! I've never done something
like this is my whole life... it's super cool! I got my first nail perfect Wink
don't you think its fantastic?! The acrylic powers are incredible =]
They also have cool videos on their website and you can watch them
all for free. Videos like the one they have in their home page for example and many others on youtube. See ya! Wink
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried many of these products, but I remember when my mother was telling her friend who had splitting thin hard-to-grow nails that she used to pick oranges for her first job when she was 16 that her nails got ridiculously thick and long from digging in the peels and juices and leaving the sticky mess on while at work. I have always had thick strong nails so I never cared to try what she said, and then when I got preg, I craved oranges and ate and peeled them with my nails...5-6 a day, I couldn't get enough. Weird thing is my thumbnails (what I peeled the skins off with) got suuuuper thick/strong. I was preg though, so just for a little experiment years later I tried it again, it was the oranges not the pregnancy. Idk if this works for anyone but my mom and I, but its a cheap thing to try (yummy too!)
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am a big fan of Skin Biology's Tin Peptide nail renewal

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the nail hardener from YsNailS. You are gonna see the results in a few days and it's not expensive. Let me know if you try it. Search for it on the Web.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
With my penchant for all natural acrylic nails have been one of my few vices!
First off the things mentioned can protect and help condition the nails, that being said it takes about 6 months to regrow from cuticle to tip. The process alone thins the nails.
1 they must strip all oils before application
2 they file your own nail to roughen it and help the product adhere
3 the primer used further strips the nail and is acid so it eats into the surface even more
All of the above is repeated for each fill.

I recent had to give them up because of care-giving to father.
At first they feel down right water logged and smushie. Then they "re-harden" but still feel thin, you can tell the difference in thickness as soon as they start to grow, but I find I end up clipping and filing the tips as nothing keeps them from splitting or tearing until I grow out all the way!
I still miss them, I also grow quickly so it was a fill every 2 weeks for me.

JUST MY LITTLE 2 CENTS
DM

5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought something called "instant artificial" at sallys beauty about three weeks ago and my nails have NEVER ever been this hard and strong and long, ever!

It is SO worth the money I paid for it (maybe 5). I will never ever be without it and have recommended it to so many girls.

Its in a octogon type bottle...kind of has a pink/red tint. I promise promise you will love it.
Bluewave
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ask your friend to try eating fish oils.
My nails were really bad back then and kept chipping and breaking. After i started eating fish oil, it got so much stronger, that i had to cut my nails harder.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Bluewave wrote:
Ask your friend to try eating fish oils.
My nails were really bad back then and kept chipping and breaking. After i started eating fish oil, it got so much stronger, that i had to cut my nails harder.

Thanks for this post. I have to say that I had my acrylic nails removed months ago and they were pretty bad. However, I noticed once the damage grew out, they are now very strong. I take Omega 3 fish oil daily so perhaps this made a difference.

I also forgo most products on my nails but moisturize my hands throughout the day while I work. I think the moisturizer keeps my nails flexible to where they withstand breakage.
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use nailtiques protein formula 2 plus. My nails are so strong. My nails used to be so brittle.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
kory82202 wrote:
I use nailtiques protein formula 2 plus. My nails are so strong. My nails used to be so brittle.

2nd this recommendation. I had acrylics for a loooong time and this helped tremendously.
Makeupbabe
5% products discount

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I used to have acrylics and I went crazy after a few months and removed them myself (big mistake). My nails are still damaged 10 years later! I would never ever recommend acrylics to anyone. I try to keep my nails nourished with oils and if I don't have time to paint them I keep them coated with a clear nail product to help protect them. I like Lippman Collection products and the base coat is nice. i have been cutting back my spending lately and trying to find cheaper products. Today I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps. It isn't totally clear so it gives a nice very subtle opacity to my nails and so far they look pretty good.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:17 am      Reply with quote
i have acrylic nails. i, like everyone else here, also notice that my nails are thinner and weaker than before due to the filing down of your natural nails before they apply the acrylics.

What i do is, i give my nails a couple of months rest before i do the acrylics again.
Angel9894

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Best nail advice ever =

Prenatal Vitamin daily + NailEZEE Protein 1
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody know what was in the Trind starter kit? It is not sold on their website anymore.
I would like to get the look that was almost like a French manicure that someone talked about.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:19 am      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
Does anybody know what was in the Trind starter kit? It is not sold on their website anymore.
I would like to get the look that was almost like a French manicure that someone talked about.

Hi TTD They do have a French manicure kit on the site, not sure this is what you are looking for?I don't see one made by Trind but an American Manicure is even more subtle than the French. Smile

http://www.trind.com/html/Products/Nail_Finishers/French_Manicure_Set_52.htm

French Manicure Set

The Trind French Manicure Set gives you the opportunity to create a perfect "French look" yourself. This set contains 3 bottles: Base Coat, French White and Top Coat. With this set you give your nails a perfect natural look.
Directions for use

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I never knew acrylic nails are bad in the long run.

For the first time I had 2 acrylics put on 1 month ago for a wedding I was attending. I usually have naturally long nails. But 2 had broken right before the wedding, so I went with acrylics.

Well, 1 fell off last week and what was left underneath was my nail which had grown long, but was paper thin. And, the tip of the nail ended up ripping off within days, and I now have a stub. I don't want to get into the cycle of having another acrylic put on. So, I have 1 stub nail and 9 long nails. I think I am going to cut them all down and start from scratch growing them out to the same length again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have not had much fake nails, but always have issues with nails breakinga and peeling due to some vitamin issues (even tho I take tons of the right vitamins ect...and gets tests to make sure).

I have been using Malava brand items and they have some creams and lotions and nail treatment stuff for brittle nails.

I am not using their nail creams, but all my nail products are Mavala brand.
I know Feelunique.com is an authorized place to get those items (but unfortunately they do not sell the individual nail polishes i was looking for Sad

They do have all the treatment products and saw some sets for brittle nails are discounted too.

for someone with health issues my nails are in amazing condition and people are always asking me what I use on my nails Smile

For split nails the scientifique nail hardener works great.
The bottle seems small at 5ml for the large size...but that should last at least 6 months to a year.

For me the large bottle of 5ml lasts around 9+ months as I use it every 2 weeks.
the liquid is like water and u apply just to the nail tips and they bond back together Smile
bugswife6

Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Help! I've had acrylics for 20 plus years and I took them off two weeks ago. I have been using Nailtiques formula 2 during that time. My nails are so weak, thin, peeling and splitting. I have not clipped but I have filed them. They keep snagging on everything and I can't file them down any further because I'd be filing the skin. They hurt to touch anything and I'm afraid that one of them will rip off and bleed due to the snagging. What does anyone recommend? I don't know how much longer I can put up with this pain.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
I'm not a nail technician or anything, but every 3 weeks I had my acrylics filed down to nothing, if I had nails off, my natural nail was filed to remove the grease. If the nails lifted I got water/moisture under them. Also to have something so hard stuck to your own nail surely they dont get any air??..Mine were on for a good 17 years constantly and my nails were horrific. I couldnt put my hands in warm water because my nails hurt, they were like crepe paper or cling film even!

I'd never have it done again, my nails are just about back to normal with the help of Nail Envy and Nailtiques.

I had those stick on nail decals for 2 weeks on my fingernails and the site I bought from said it does not damage the nails...and my nails started to feel very weak.
They are fine now though.

I used Nailbuffs nail and cuticle cream.
You can get it at the Nailbuffs website!

Funny thing is I have the same nail decals on my toes for 3 weeks now and no problems with my toe nails. guess my toe nails are made stronger?

I also used Mavala scientifique nail hardener and it hardens nails right away mostly and seems to seal your nail and get rid of a lot of the peeling.
after using the mavala scientifique 3x in a week my nails look better.
usually I use it once every 2 weeks.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with taking fish oil for some omega 3 but if fish oil doesn't suit you (for those who are vegan), you could try chia seeds. Great source of antioxidant and omega 3, not to mention fiber!
lilly123
5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 am      Reply with quote
im a nail tech .. when you have acrylic nails any good nail tech should tell you to rub solar oil in x2 a day, your nails need resting every 4/6 months. all acrylic should be applied thinly.when it comes to removal the bulk of acrylic should be filed off before a soak off but to be fair i would rather let it grow out,... after all that solar oil is the best for the nails both before during & after
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
For my nails that were weak I used Mavala scientifique nail hardener and their Nails shield kit.
It has 2 bottles- I has a base coat thing with nylon fibers in it that strengthen the nails and then a product you put over it to "Seal" the fibers.
Seems to work well.

I happen to have this sitting here since forver- and barely use it as my nails were usually fine.

those pattern nail stickers look cool-but guess I can't use them much.
I wear nail polish most of the time and am hard on my nails and they were never weak before any of those "nail sticker" things.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Acrylics kill your nails, and after twelve years they would be terrible. I personally dont get acrylics for this reason. Tell her to give Dr Lewinns revitanail a shot as it's supposed to be great. If that dosent work she can give natural oils a shot, as well as anything that is designed to heal.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |