Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

View my photo, then tell me what should i be using. (Help!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
millavanilla

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this looks like the perfect place to end all my skin problems since there are so many of you who knows much more about these great skincare products and had the opportunity to try so many different items.

I am really looking forward to your suggestions.

Now, for the embarrasing part. 2 photos of my problem skin Embarassed Embarassed

I have combination skin, acne-prone, uneven skintone, whiteheads and blackheads and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (those red-brown spots you see on my cheeks). My skin is so horrible and it looks thin. My age: mid 20-'s. Living in a warm and sunny asian country.

From the redness on one side of my cheeks, do you think that i have mild rosacea? My skin turns red when the temperature changes from cold to hot. (My face is flushed as soon as i walk out from an air-conditioned room)

Currently i am alternating between Jan Marini Bioclear gel and Retin A every night. I does help in minimizing the breakouts but i still need something more..i don't know..potent? to transform my skin.

Other items in my routine are Cellex-C Speed Peel Gel, Peter Thomas Roth Cooling Sulfur Mask, Biomedic Retinol 30 and Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer.

Please let me know what i should be using and point out what other problems that i have so that i can get a complexion like yours. Crying or Very sad
millavanilla

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, i didn't know that newbies are not allowed to paste external links. I am trying to put my photo, from photobucket. Can anybody help?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi sweetie! If you are using photobucket it's easy--- just copy n paste the IMG link by the picture. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I know I can not see your photos yet, but someone correct me if I am wrong, I just think so many products can make your face go crazy. I think a daily cleansing routine is something we should all be doing, but I just think when we constantly lather our faces and skin with so many different products our skin goes crazy.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi manslayer,

Everytime i try to post, this message comes out:

"Please be aware that linking to external websites is unavailable to new members ( Including personal signatures).

Please go back to your post, edit it out, and try posting again."

Maybe i need to reach a certain level before being able to post links/pictures. Furthermore the html code is off.
millavanilla

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
bergquis, i totally agree. The lesser the better. If only i can find one item that treats all my problem, then i'd be sooo happy.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I am on the same page. I don't use only one product, but I do try to use less. I notice when I slap all sorts of products on my face, one for wrinkles, one for acne, one for oil, one for pores, one for mosturizer and so on and so on, I find that my skin gets freaked out, then I don't know which product(s) are causing it to do so. Plus for me, I think the more I try to correct a problem ie: oil, I strip my skin and it causes my skin to product more oil. My big problem is currently clogged pores and now I am doing a test, by NOT using any make up. I know I know...I apply some conceler to my "spots" and then a very very small amount of powder (not mineral) just to see if the mineral powder/make up is clogging my pores. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
millavanilla wrote:
Hi manslayer,

Everytime i try to post, this message comes out:

"Please be aware that linking to external websites is unavailable to new members ( Including personal signatures).

Please go back to your post, edit it out, and try posting again."

Maybe i need to reach a certain level before being able to post links/pictures. Furthermore the html code is off.

I think you need to reach 10 posts before you can post a link.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Since we can't see your pictures, this opinion is based only on your description. You've asked if people think you have rosacea. That, to me, is the question that needs an answer before you can go any further with skincare products. Rosacea (even a mild form) needs to be treated very carefully when it comes to skincare.

I wouldn't feel comfortable getting a rosacea diagnosis from people on the internet, as well intentioned and well informed as they may be. This is a diagnosis that needs to be made by a qualified, experienced dermatologist. Once you know whether or not you have rosacea, whatever helpful advice you can receive from EDS members (who absolutely rock!) will be much safer and more effective for you. This is just my opinion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
millavanilla

Go to your photo bucket pic. Click on the IMG right next to your picture and it will say 'img copied'
Then come here and when you go to post, you'll see the Img button just under the 'subject line' here. You click on that and it will appear like this: {im}
in between the parenthesis, backspace out the img and instead paste your copied link from your photo bucker pic. Make sure you keep the parenthesis symbols.

Cool
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Milla!

It looks like you may be using to many products... and/or too harsh products for your skin.

I think that if I were you I would pick up a mild creme cleanser and moisture lotion with an SPF and use just them for a couple of weeks... or if you must have your Retin A, use just them and the Retin A for a couple of weeks to a month.

Then add in one product for a couple of weeks and see how it works for you.

From the description of your skin I really think that using just a couple of very mild and hydrating products is the way to go.

You skin sounds like it is overworked and dry. Dry skin can also cause acne... and even excess oil.

Definitely use a good sunscreen or moisture lotion with sunscreen. You are using a lot of A products and will have difficulty with the tone of your skin if sunscreen is not used religiously.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |